Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #17

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're talking about the person who's using Bryer's pic? Yeah. So now some people are going to hero worship these two? Sickening.

Probably more of a "trying to be edgy" thing than hero worship. I'd bet most of those people are going to look back in five years and cringe at how they thought that was funny.

As far as one of Bryer's user names goes, incredibly offensive.

...yeah, that's definitely racist....

I wonder if that's actually true? We don't know much about Kam, and if you hover over his gamer icon in Steam, it says he has 0 exp and 0 levels earned, as opposed to Bryer's 11 levels. Maybe that is simply because Kam's account is private so we can't see his levels...

I don't even know how you get experience or levels on Steam. I've had an account for years on there to play Football Manager and never even noticed if I have levels or experience earned...
As @cherrytree9 noted, it's come up in interviews. It's hard to get a read on Kam since his profile is private, but I think he may have used Steam marginally less for socializing than Bryer. Bryer belonged to a fair number of non-gaming interest groups for politics, anime, and hentai. Kam's not a member of any of those groups. The only group overlap between him and Kam is gaming-specific. Not to say Kam didn't belong to other interest groups without Bryer, but we can't see what they were due to his privacy settings.

Again on phone and can't link but i believe someone who chatted with Bryer on Steam also mentioned talking to Kam some. I think he was one of the kids who Bryer freaked out with the Nazi stuff, but he never mentioned any disturbing chats with Kam.

Since i don't have access to my archive, I shall MOO. :)

It really is troubling. Also, I'm not sure about rules here, so I won't spell it out, but run that users Cyrillic username through a Russian to English translator...
i got Brayer Brown?

I can't see Steam from my comp, can anyone explain what the photos show, and the user names say exactly.

I have a few comments about boys this age. I myself (not a boy) used to take my Game Cube/SNES/Wii with me on the road, because my friends and I liked to play together drinking/smoking whatever. I think it is pretty common for anyone their age to have their system with them, especially if they had no plans on returning.

Also regarding clothing. Do none of you have teenage boys? Seirously, I would bet it was 100% lazyness why they didn't change. Gamers especially (ones I have known) spend days in their rooms without showering, changing, etc. Not just gamers though, teenage boys, and guys in their 20s. Not showering or changing their clothes daily is really common, disgustingly lol

I can't see Steam from my comp, can anyone explain what the photos show, and the user names say exactly.

Bryer had a bunch of usernames, some in Cyrillic, and there was one racist one (unclear whether it was a joke or not, or somewhere between a joke and serious). The pictures are screenshots from games and some of them show scenes that seem weirdly reminiscent of their escape -- a boat traveling to an area forested with pine trees, and a burning vehicle. Probably just coincidence but under the circumstances, it creeped many of us out.

I have a few comments about boys this age. I myself (not a boy) used to take my Game Cube/SNES/Wii with me on the road, because my friends and I liked to play together drinking/smoking whatever. I think it is pretty common for anyone their age to have their system with them, especially if they had no plans on returning.

Yeah but this was an actual computer that would have to be plugged in and everything. I also doubt they were playing any video games during their murder spree (especially because their last Steam activity was the day they set out).

Also regarding clothing. Do none of you have teenage boys? Seirously, I would bet it was 100% lazyness why they didn't change. Gamers especially (ones I have known) spend days in their rooms without showering, changing, etc. Not just gamers though, teenage boys, and guys in their 20s. Not showering or changing their clothes daily is really common, disgustingly lol

This is true. My husband is a nerd (and used to be a gamer), he was 31 when we started dating, and I found out he only showered and changed his clothes every three days! I had to have a Conversation with him about that, and he has now improved, LOL. And I imagine during a murder spree, hygiene would be even less of a priority. They don't look especially gross in the surveillance footage though so I imagine they probably did shower at least occasionally, and they may have had at least one change of clothes.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Bryer had a bunch of usernames, some in Cyrillic, and there was one racist one (unclear whether it was a joke or not, or somewhere between a joke and serious).

I know what you're saying but I just don't see how that one name can be a joke imo.

Just an FYI ...

We have had some alerts where members are questioning if the Steam accounts linked belong to Bryer or Kam. Based on the following, it appears they are legit:

At the links provided, BS shows as last online 42 days ago which is July 12 and Kam is on as a contact. Other contacts have been posting RIP messages on Bryer's account. Kam has no public profile but his prior user names can be seen (one being angelofdeath).

This is true. My husband is a nerd (and used to be a gamer), he was 31 when we started dating, and I found out he only showered and changed his clothes every three days! I had to have a Conversation with him about that, and he has now improved, LOL. And I imagine during a murder spree, hygiene would be even less of a priority. They don't look especially gross in the surveillance footage though so I imagine they probably did shower at least occasionally, and they may have had at least one change of clothes.
I thought the same .... they looked remarkably fresh and groomed, all things considered. JMO

I know what you're saying but I just don't see how that one name can be a joke imo.
A lot of times if you have your name and then either preceded or followed by initials like that, it is the name of the guild you are in abbreviated. I am sure that particular one was very much meant to have those initials to get the reaction it is getting given the games it was likely used in, but whatever the guild name was could have been Kittens Knitting Knickers and then the initials would be the same even if the guild name itself sounds innocent.

I thought the same .... they looked remarkably fresh and groomed, all things considered. JMO

Someone mentioned that they probably would have been covered in mud after getting the car out of the mud. That happened a few hours before the surveillance footage. And obviously that would look suspicious and memorable if they were just walking around with mud on them. So I wonder if they found somewhere to stop at, and had just showered. If so, possibly the last shower they ever took in their lives....

A while back, there was a discussion on this thread about how they'd cleaned up after getting stuck in the mud (which tends to get you muddy, fast), and it was assumed they'd changed, showered, etc.

However, the gas station photo appears to show K in the same shirt, from before the stuck-in-the-mud incident. Yet, in Meadow Lake, no trace it's dirty. I find that rather odd.

I know RCMP confirmed they were seen in Clear Lake, but has RCMP ever confirmed the stuck-in-the-mud incident occurred? It's always struck me as incongruous that they'd give their real names.

Someone mentioned that they probably would have been covered in mud after getting the car out of the mud. That happened a few hours before the surveillance footage. And obviously that would look suspicious and memorable if they were just walking around with mud on them. So I wonder if they found somewhere to stop at, and had just showered. If so, possibly the last shower they ever took in their lives....
That was a good point about the mud, so they had to have showered somewhere. I wondered about their boots though, I'd think they had to be pretty darn muddy also. And, wow, just your mention of it being possibly the last shower they ever took .....

A while back, there was a discussion on this thread about how they'd cleaned up after getting stuck in the mud (which tends to get you muddy, fast), and it was assumed they'd changed, showered, etc.

However, the gas station photo appears to show K in the same shirt, from before the stuck-in-the-mud incident. Yet, in Meadow Lake, no trace it's dirty. I find that rather odd.

I know RCMP confirmed they were seen in Clear Lake, but has RCMP ever confirmed the stuck-in-the-mud incident occurred? It's always struck me as incongruous that they'd give their real names.
Great observation, that is totally odd.

They way overpacked for a murder trip. But they also way underpacked, because I don't think they really brought much in the way of long-term survival gear (JMO).

I’d imagine family members helped the two pack for this “job-hunting” journey and packing survival gear in a truck and camper headed on a road trip to Whitehorse might rouse suspicious, even if their plans were all a pretence.

But if the professor was camping out of his RAV4, which it appears he was, he’d certainly have some provisions, supplies and camping equipment along with him. What we don’t know though, was his car packed up when he was murdered or was his campsite later found abandoned somewhere in the area of a Dease Lake.

I know RCMP confirmed they were seen in Clear Lake, but has RCMP ever confirmed the stuck-in-the-mud incident occurred?

From what I remember, there were multiple witnesses.

I agree though, that is really strange and I can't really think of an explanation. Just what we need, more things in this case that make no sense.

It's always struck me as incongruous that they'd give their real names.

It strikes me as perfectly congruent with the rest of their "we have no idea what we're doing" behavior. Plus the guy said they looked at each other before giving their real names, so clearly there was some sort of "is this okay?" nonverbal exchange.

That was a good point about the mud, so they had to have showered somewhere. I wondered about their boots though, I'd think they had to be pretty darn muddy also. And, wow, just your mention of it being possibly the last shower they ever took .....

You can't really see their boots that well in the footage, but if it had been a few hours, if the mud dried it would just flake off, or they could have wiped it off.

I’d imagine family members helped the two pack for this “job-hunting” journey and packing survival gear in a truck and camper headed on a road trip to Whitehorse might rouse suspicious, even if their plans were all a pretence.

But if the professor was camping out of his RAV4, which it appears he was, he’d certainly have some provisions, supplies and camping equipment along with him. What we don’t know though, was his car packed up when he was murdered or was his campsite later found abandoned somewhere in the area of a Dease Lake.

That's true but they could have snuck things in or out last minute, if they were really planning this. Or said "we don't want to be carrying all this stuff around because we don't know where we will be staying, we don't want anyone to break in and steal it, etc. so we're just going to travel light."

Yeah, the RCMP confirmed the Cold Lake incident: Cold Lake residents shaken after B.C. murder suspects spotted in Alberta town

There isn't much along the highway between Cold Lake and Meadow Lake, and, relatively speaking, it isn't too great of a distance.

I wonder if they cleaned up immediately after the mud incident while still in Cold Lake. The Cold Lake Provincial Park isn't too far from where we figured the Rav got stuck, and it would have day use areas with washrooms, etc. They could clean up quickly, wash a shirt in the sink and dry under a handdryer or just go shirtless for a little while as it dries along the way to Meadow Lake. They do look pretty clean at the Co-op though!

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member