CANADA - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #7

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally think BS thinks he is Lanius from the game Lanius:Fallout, and KM is Caesar.
And that they are wanting to recreate the taking of the Hoover Dam scenerio in the game.
Except here they have their minds set on the biggest of the 5 dams in the area; Kettle dam.

Of course I have no way of knowing what deranged minds are thinking, but why flee to a remote area near 5 dams??? And bring maps and camping gear and have trained in camouflage and "the art of war" in the woods back home for over two years?(as per BS's father)

Lanius

Have we *ever* seen a murder carried out based off a specific video game scenario (not just exposed to lots of violence via games)? I know one of the pilots of MH370 had the route on a flight sim at home, but I don't know of any where the perps were trying to recreate an experience in a video game. The closest I can find is Breivik saying he used Call of Duty like a training sim. It feels very 'crime TV show plot'.

A number of rural residents have been charged in recent years for what they considered defending their properties. At least one lobby group has sprung up around this issue.

They don't have a dump truck - residents bring their trash to the dump. Burning in barrels or fire pits would be whenever they wanted to, depending on the people. I'm not sure about the cabins and camps as they are already remote, but I haven't spent much time on a reserve.

edit: they wouldn't likely have their own planes and rely on the ferry.
How do these 400+ residents earn a living?
Or do they all get gov't assistance like welfare?
Looks like they have a school there and some
gov't departments.
How do they survive financially?

So...a few questions for those familiar with remote First Nation communities:

Do the locals have watercraft or mainly rely on the ferry?

York Landing is on a big lake on a major waterway. I’ve been to a Norway House (access by floatplane), which is on this waterway, and there were a lot of outboards. They are used for fishing and to just get around on the river. The fishing is excellent.

There is a wharf at York Landing, in part due to the ferry. I suspect that there are also slips.

Re your other questions, the hunting should be good and I’m unsure whether they would bother with blinds.

If anyone in the community is trapping furs and has a trap line, they may well have a cabin.

Last edited by a moderator:
How do these 400+ residents earn a living?
Or do they all get gov't assistance like welfare?
Looks like they have a school there and some
gov't departments.
How do they survive financially?
Some work in the community, some are on welfare, and others may work out of town on a shift rotation (7 days on/7 days off), some might be retired. There will be a variety.

So...a few questions for those familiar with remote First Nation communities:

Would they really have an actual dump truck up there?

How frequent is burning trash in barrels?

Do people have semi-permanent or permanent hunters' blinds?

Do people often have cabins or camps outside of town? For what purposes?

Do the locals have watercraft or mainly rely on the ferry?
Speaking based on the Yukon, but we have similar small FN communities. Some dumps are open 24hrs/day, some are manned. The more remote ones are open. Until recently many of our remote dumps burned garbage but we are now smarter than that lol. In rural areas, we take our own garbage to the dump but in some towns they might have pickup.

LOTS of burning garbage in burn barrels. It’s only not allowed when the wildfire danger rating is high.

Lots of cabins and camps outside of towns - for hunting, trapping, getting away, etc. They’re all over the place. But the locals know about every one of them so you’d think the RCMP would too.

That might be what Bryer was hiding in his coat.

Haha okay so I was trying to reply to a comment a little ways back but somehow refreshed and replied to the wrong person which is why I ended up deleting. I am so tired and now I don't want to go look for the other post!
But yes, I have also had that thought as well. That was my first thought when I saw the video. He was buttoning his coat and that could easily just be him buttoning his coat, but 'maps' was the first thought I had.

It’s my understanding that if they are indeed in York Landing, that they can only get out by air or ferry. Is that right?

If so, it’s just a matter of time until they are captured.

No, they also could travel by foot or boat, or another ttype of vehicle (perhaps stolen) like a motorcycle or ATV

So...a few questions

Do people have semi-permanent or permanent hunters' blinds?

Do people often have cabins or camps outside of town? For what purposes?

There is probably more than a few trap lines in that area. Those can have small camps/cabins. Which I wonder if they have stumbled upon someone’s catch and maybe surviving that way?

Another thought was that they had misread the map and thought the rail line to Churchill was actually a road.

Hmmmm. Intriguing. I'll have to mull this over, see if It sheds light on anything else in some context or another.

RE supplies
They set out from port alberni with road trip in mind. LD was on a solo camping trip and had all sorts of supplies.
They *could* be a lot better provisioned than people assuming. Theres alot of things id take before a change of clothes. They could have been eating MRE's this whole time for all we know.

Personally I think its likely they have little to no food or supplies and havnt for days, but dont think we should just assume that

A number of rural residents have been charged in recent years for what they considered defending their properties. At least one lobby group has sprung up around this issue.

The important distinction is property vs. dwelling-house. If someone is taking property (a car parked on your driveway), you have a right to make a citizens arrest, but open yourself up to the same liabilities that police have (it wouldn't be ok to execute someone to get the car back, or stab them). Inside your home, meaning between all four walls, you do not have duty to retreat as this constitutes abandonment of the home, which no one has an obligation to do. Recent instances of firearms discharge against alleged criminals, and resultant charges, have related almost entirely to interactions outside the home (but on private property).

But why the end game of even heading to such an isolated area with one road in and where they would stick out like a sore thumb?

This really is the question. What sort of plan have they evolved (however ridiculous it may appear to us on WS)? The overall trajectory has been to get further and further from civilization, validating the theory that they are trying to be "survivalists." Of course, they aren't prepared to do that.

They must be slowly or quickly realizing that this isn't working out for them. They may have tried to find cabins and failed. So, they moved back toward a village.

Stealing cars is no longer a reasonable option. They may not know how visible they'd be if they stole a boat, but they may realize they don't know how to go out on open water safely.

Their initial idea of just disappearing "off the grid" and "into the woods" must seem really absurd to them, now. Unless they discover some new, major resource (a home in the woods, with recent occupants, lots of food), they have backed themselves into a terrible corner. They may be wondering how to find such a place (I'm guessing such places are super rare). Their health is not going to hold up, either. Malnourished and possibly drinking water with giardia or other microbes...not a good situation for them.

I think they may try to backtrack at this point. That would be a joint admission of defeat (for their original plan). I don't think they're going to "take a stand" nor do I believe they have the means and wherewithal to confront a group of police (unless that's their preferred form of suicide, but...unless they are well-armed or at least appear to be armed, the police aren't going to oblige them with a hail of bullets).

To be clear, it's very possible that technology failed the RCMP--and not that the officers failed. Many factors to consider when deployed to remote area.

ETA: Also, I suspect they are using satellite system.

MOO

If so, why not ensure you are equipped with hardware that will work? Like walkie talkies or other similar devices? The RCMP is charged with working in remote areas in this part of Canada, the fact that their equipment may not work can't be or certainly shouldn't be a surprise to them>

York Landing is on a big lake on a major waterway. I’ve been to a Norway House (access by floatplane), which is on this waterway, and there were a lot of outboards. They are used for fishing, and the fishing is excellent.

@rrstren - are you familiar with Split Lake and if there are also accessible outboards to cross to York Landing?

I recall KM was raised on a Lake, and may have some good boating skills as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther