Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Radios fail often: batteries, wet weather, ceiling height, interference, user incompetence, topo issues. RCMP TAC TMS wouldn't use walkie-talkies because you can't load them with crypto. Even a PRR would still be connected to the APX (or equiv).

They are not using a satellite system, these are VHF/HF transmitters with a jbox plug-in.
Much thanks -- I've been anxious to know! ;)

Thinking, if the teens found the dump and it's off to the west of town, to me that means they'd have skulked around town in order to find it.

combination of hydro lines, winter roads, decent trails, theres alot of ways to get to the dump without having to go through town. They might have even come upon the dump before/instead of town. no way to know really. where on the spectrum are they between lost clueless desperate / and navigating ably, etc

Attachments

• yorkdumpaccess.png
    yorkdumpaccess.png
    699.2 KB · Views: 13
well you were one of several folks and several suggestions have been put forth. But where you had the dump marked, which is where I think most of us were imagining it, doesnt seem to fit with the confirmed video of dump we have.
Hard to say, google sat maps could be out of date, but the spot closest to sewage seems more likely now.

It's one of the locations we looked at last night. If it's visible from the water, then it works with the statement from the ferry operator who said he went by the dump and didn't see anyone.

upload_2019-7-29_12-33-45.png

Any idea why LE would request no one take pictures of their whereabouts? Just so they can do their job without rumors or distractions? Or could they have reason to think the teens might be following social media somehow? I know that it's been said that's unlikely because of the apparent lack of service... Maybe they just want to keep their location on the low just in case?

As Skip the Dishes isn't available on the northern reserves, many First Nations people supplement their food supply through hunting and fishing. There are also many excellent guides living on the reserve who could have knowledge of hunting cabins, etc in the area where the fugitives could be hiding out. Hopefully, the RCMP are using them as a valuable resource.

<modsnip>

Last edited by a moderator:
For all practical purposes, you cant kill someone with a pellet gun. They are suspects in two shooting deaths so signs certainly seem to point to them having had a firearm of some kind at some point. They have not been spotted with one, not that that means much. Really we dont know much so anything about what type of gun, how much ammo etc etc is guesswork at best until more info comes out

Initially I thought they had a shotgun, but now I wonder if it was a 22.

If the bodies near the van didn’t have obvious injuries (I think there was an account to that effect), then that lends itself to a smaller caliber weapon.

A 22 isn’t a pellet gun, but it is a small round.

combination of hydro lines, winter roads, decent trails, theres alot of ways to get to the dump without having to go through town. They might have even come upon the dump before/instead of town. no way to know really. where on the spectrum are they between lost clueless desperate / and navigating ably, etc

The problem with the dump is that it locks them in the peninsula with no way out.

upload_2019-7-29_12-40-24.png

For all practical purposes, you cant kill someone with a pellet gun. They are suspects in two shooting deaths so signs certainly seem to point to them having had a firearm of some kind at some point. They have not been spotted with one, not that that means much. Really we dont know much so anything about what type of gun, how much ammo etc etc is guesswork at best until more info comes out
I can attest to not killing someone with a pellet gun. When I was young I had a bully cousin with a pellet gun and he would chase us younger cousins and shoot at us. It certainly hurt when hit but no one was hospitalized or died from the wounds.

The problem with the dump is that it locks them in the peninsula with no way out.

View attachment 195653
I’d call that a good thing :)

And I think your dump label above is probably also correct; dump probably has been on both east and west sides of trail to water. Video of officer and bear with water in background suggests it’s on west side right near the trail now.

View attachment 195653

There is a few routes they could swim less than 750 meters with decent chance of not being seen to get off the peninsula and into more brush.

Anyway Im not sure what you mean the "the problem" is unless you just mean a problem for the teens trying to escape. But all I was saying is they didnt necessarily have to slink around town to get to the dump, and its possible, if unlikely, that the dump is the first part of the town they came upon at all.maybe they werent even aware they were nearing a town.

sigh, so many unknowns we're grasping at straws in so many ways lol

Any idea why LE would request no one take pictures of their whereabouts? Just so they can do their job without rumors or distractions? Or could they have reason to think the teens might be following social media somehow? I know that it's been said that's unlikely because of the apparent lack of service... Maybe they just want to keep their location on the low just in case?

JMO
My guess is twofold. For their own safety and to help them surprise and catch the suspects when they least suspect it.

There is no telling what type of media the two criminals may be able to tap into. Whether its finding a recent local paper at the dump with stories and photos about the searching or whether its somehow getting online access at some point in time. There is just no telling right now and LE understandably wants to stay safe and one step ahead of the culprits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TheMidge