Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
JMO
My guess is twofold. For their own safety and to help them surprise and catch the suspects when they least suspect it.

There is no telling what type of media the two criminals may be able to tap into. Whether its finding a recent local paper at the dump with stories and photos about the searching or whether its somehow getting online access at some point in time. There is just no telling right now and LE understandably wants to stay safe and one step ahead of the culprits.

Yeah. I think it’s super unlikely that these guys will have real time access to that information, but you never want to take that chance.

<modsnip: quoted post was removed>

Some people are not emotionally or mentally even close to their chronological age. I work with teenagers who function at a 4-5 year old level due to barriers including FASD, autism, historical trauma, and a plethora of other issues/diagnoses. They do not know the difference between right or wrong. I'm not sure that is the case with these two but it is a more complex than just knowing right from wrong because of your chronological age. Having said that, I do believe people -EVERYONE- needs to be held responsible for their actions.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some people are not emotionally or mentally even close to their chronological age. I work with teenagers who function at a 4-5 year old level due to barriers including FASD, autism, historical trauma, and a plethora of other issues/diagnoses. They do not know the difference between right or wrong. I'm not sure that is the case with these two but it is a more complex than just knowing right from wrong because of your chronological age. Having said that, I do believe people -EVERYONE- needs to be held responsible for their actions.

Oh, these two know right from wrong.

They murdered three people, and by going on the run and hiding from law enforcement, they are clearly conveying that they understand the gravity of their actions.

I’m sure Canadian law has some differences here, but in the US, these two would be declared legally sane.

They’ve met the burden.

There is a few routes they could swim less than 750 meters with decent chance of not being seen to get off the peninsula and into more brush.

Anyway Im not sure what you mean the "the problem" is unless you just mean a problem for the teens trying to escape. But all I was saying is they didn't necessarily have to slink around town to get to the dump, and its possible, if unlikely, that the dump is the first part of the town they came upon at all.maybe they weren't even aware they were nearing a town.

sigh, so many unknowns we're grasping at straws in so many ways lol

The problem for the suspects is that if they were at the dump and if they are in the area, they are locked on the peninsula and searchers should be able to clear that area in a day - with all their resources. I agree that they do not have to pass through York Landing to get to the dump, but it is a big detour from the hydro line to the dump.

The burned Rav4 was found July 23, they may be at the dump on July 28. That's 5 days to walk 90km from Gillam through bush, detour around the town and share dump scraps with bears. If they are walking, they were walking from the burned car, not Gillam, so that's a longer distance.

As Skip the Dishes isn't available on the northern reserves, many First Nations people supplement their food supply through hunting and fishing. There are also many excellent guides living on the reserve who could have knowledge of hunting cabins, etc in the area where the fugitives could be hiding out. Hopefully, the RCMP are using them as a valuable resource.

<modsnip>

That made me lol. Thank you :D

Last edited by a moderator:
Initially I thought they had a shotgun, but now I wonder if it was a 22.

If the bodies near the van didn’t have obvious injuries (I think there was an account to that effect), then that lends itself to a smaller caliber weapon.

A 22 isn’t a pellet gun, but it is a small round.
You could be correct. The road worker/paramedic that secured the Deese/Fowler scene mentioned a small wound on abdomen of Fowler. Had it been a close range encounter with a larger caliber weapon you would think the would be described differently. MOO

Any idea why LE would request no one take pictures of their whereabouts

Safety. For their own safety but also for the safety of others. There’s been instances where someone has taken it upon themselves to go out and intervene/help based on social media posts of location (not this case but in the past). It just adds a whole new level of unnecessary concern for officers to deal with.

They murdered three people, and by going on the run and hiding from law enforcement, they are clearly conveying that they understand the gravity of their actions.

I’m sure Canadian law has some differences here, but in the US, these two would be declared legally sane.

They’ve met the burden.

I have reservations, especially if Bryer was doped up with ADHD drugs all his life, his parents have been at war non-stop, and there is mental illness in his family.

Initially I thought they had a shotgun, but now I wonder if it was a 22.

If the bodies near the van didn’t have obvious injuries (I think there was an account to that effect), then that lends itself to a smaller caliber weapon.

A 22 isn’t a pellet gun, but it is a small round.

Family of both suggested they were told the victims experienced a particularly violent death.....

I have reservations, especially if Bryer was doped up with ADHD drugs all his life, his parents have been at war non-stop, and there is mental illness in his family.
Sure. But he still would know right from wrong.

Even sociopaths and psychopaths know that, they just don’t care.

He might be unstable, impulsive, and have God knows what else going on.

He chose to take part in this though.

They’ve met the burden.
My point was simply that not everyone has the mental capacity of their chronological age.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
uncommongrackle