Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Safety. For their own safety but also for the safety of others. There’s been instances where someone has taken it upon themselves to go out and intervene/help based on social media posts of location (not this case but in the past). It just adds a whole new level of unnecessary concern for officers to deal with.

Yes this makes sense. I guess posting pics of their location might cause some curious individuals to go out and have a look for themselves at the action, and possibly get themselves hurt or mistaken for a suspect. Guess it just makes it easier for LE to do their job without other people trying to come out and "help" or get in the way

Watching our BC local news LIVE at noon and 'RCMP re-deploying all resources to York Landing, MB' reports Global News.
Well if that ain’t a sign that they believe these two are there, I don’t know what is.

I thought they’d have these two by now, but there’s still hours of daylight left.

The problem for the suspects is that if they were at the dump and if they are in the area, they are locked on the peninsula and searchers should be able to clear that area in a day - with all their resources. I agree that they do not have to pass through York Landing to get to the dump, but it is a big detour from the hydro line to the dump.

The burned Rav4 was found July 23, they may be at the dump on July 28. That's 5 days to walk 90km from Gillam through bush, detour around the town and share dump scraps with bears. If they are walking, they were walking from the burned car, not Gillam, so that's a longer distance.

Agree with almost everything you are saying.

-I wasnt suggesting they made the big detour, was just replying to omeone and saying they neednt necessarily have slunk around the edge of town.
-Im not sure what you mean by through bush but if alot of it was on rails or hydro lines it wouldnt have been near as bad

-I dont think they are really as trapped as folks think. Its really not a far swim or sprint tbh, especially if your life is flashing through your eyes and you run on adrenaline.
personally I think they are likely still nearby but I mean, they dont have to be. water isnt lava and 700 meters not that far. Think they would have been spotted, but think they would have been caught days ago too. Pics from the scene remind me how vast the area is no matter how simple it seems on google maps. Resisdents say you could hide 10 ft form someone and never now it, its not impossible they managed to evade 16 cops who had a few km to watch

I have reservations, especially if Bryer was doped up with ADHD drugs all his life, his parents have been at war non-stop, and there is mental illness in his family.

The test for insanity is pretty much the same in all of the English speaking countries, including Canada, Australia and the United States.

For these guys, if they did it, to be found not guilty by reason of insanity would basically require a finding that they were psychotic (e.g. in a schizophrenic episode) at the time of the murders. The likelihood is low, and for both at the same time must be close to non-existent.

Sure. But he still would know right from wrong.

Even sociopaths and psychopaths know that, they just don’t care.

He might be unstable, impulsive, and have God knows what else going on.

He chose to take part in this though.

Canadian law seems to be a bit different.

In Canada, if a mother decides to murder her children, psychiatric treatment is the consequence. In the USA, prison without treatment is the consequence. Also, children are sentenced to life in prison in the USA, that's impossible in Canada.

Point being that law is quite different in Canada, and there is a different interpretation of truly knowing right/wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox