Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand what you're saying but I will say that when a young person suddenly starts wearing full camo, (not just a shirt or not just pants) is also heavily into violent video games, is a loner with behavioral/educational issues and some family dysfunction, the choice of outfit may be indicative of a certain mindset.

;;;

But putting on the entire military outfit as if you're actually in the armed services but are not, is a statement to me, unless you're five.

Even hunters tend to wear camo differently than that.

What statement that is, however, I'm not totally sure.

Well, tons and tons of people, young and old, wear full camo...a lot. Judging from youtube, it's not just an American thing (although surely, we are the camo fashion leaders of the world).

I believe it was Bryer's father who said he gave him camo for Christmas and the kid really liked it.

In terms of where they ended up, the camo choice seems way more durable and practical than Kam's wardrobe choice. Who considers it an "entire military outfit"? It's mall rat clothing in Vancouver, too. I am guessing a huge percentage of teens in Canada and US play "violent video games."

I think we can expect to see more of this "fashion."

https://fashionista.com/2019/02/nyfw-fall-2019-trend-camo-print

At about this time yesterday, I was of the opinion that this was really close to being over.

It definitely doesn’t seem that way anymore.

I don’t believe these guys escaped from that area, so the logical conclusion is that they were never there to begin with.

I’m sure everyone is frustrated by that.
Certainly possible that they never arrived but the eyewitness interviews yesterday appeared credible IMO.

But assuming the starting point is Gillam it seems that would leave them possibly heading north to Churchill (seems like a terminal location to me with no options out other than water but maybe it makes sense to 2 suspects) or

south heading towards Winnipeg or

even back the way they came and heading west.
Actually (I could be mistaken) I don't recall the phrase 'gun violence'...I don't think they've fully released how Mr. Dyck was killed. I know Lucas Fowler was reported to have a small gun wound near his abdomen. Also the Auxiliary Policemen at Split Lake did not come across a gun when they searched their vehicle. My inner voice tells me they have their coveted knife still though.
"Gun Violence" was the term used by the RCMP roughly 2 days after the initial 3 day period it took to identify the bodies of Deese/Fowler.

The term "Gun Violence" was used in the 2nd major Press Conference (one where the first stream had the cat ears FB filter on the Press Officer). Fastest way to check this is go to RCMP website or check the youtube videos posted by RCMP.

As has been referenced a few times, we're free to express our views and opinions here, within certain constrictions and based on our understanding of the information available. Some feel the case is solved and everybody should just move on to the sentencing. Others feel that we haven't heard the other side of the story yet. Heck, we've barely even heard one side at this point. Either way, all we know for certain is that 3 people met untimely deaths at two locations on the side of the Alaska Highway about 7 driving miles apart from each other. How this came to be is still conjecture so far as the public is concerned. But if you ask me, there could be lots of possible reasons why these guys don't turn themselves - ranging from need to evade punishment (if guilty) to fear of consequences from participation in an accident or other so far unknown threats against them. It's not possible, in my opinion, to jump to conclusions yet. The Crown has charged them with 2nd degree murder and the police have named them as suspects in the other two homicides. That's all. Hopefully, the police will take them into custody soon and then much more will be made clear. MOO
I agree that there has been no clear information provided on the cause of death of Mr. D and they are only suspects in the other murders. The victims died far more than 7 driving miles apart from each other! Torching their vehicle and taking Mr D's makes no sense, and running from the law also seems to have made things far worse for them, but none of what has happened appears to make any sense really.

That’s not possible. Fortunately.

An air rifle cannot be modified to fire bullets.

The mechanism is completely different.
Absolutely you're right. But maybe it wasn't bullets? Maybe they had that air gun rigged in some other way to shoot other projectiles.
I know people keep bringing up bullets because they assumed bullets because of a gun and shooting.... But that may not necessarily be accurate.

If you know how far they could have gotten in the amount of time it took RCMP to get there, then it seems RCMP should know it too and should have set up a wider perimeter.
Yes and no. Yes, that would be ideal. But a larger perimeter requires more people (more than I understand werr there in 20 min) and time to setup.

If these guys had just ducked into the woods when sighted, planning to go back to dump-diving soon afterwards, I expect they would have been caught despite the relatively small perimeter that could be secured.

But if their training comes from a video game played out against other human opponents out to get you, I suspect they high-tailed it a little further out of there immediately—and probably more as concealment allowed when the arrival of helicopters confirmed to them that pursuit was on the way.

Even the US military with overwhelming force available and nothing preventing them from blanketing an area with bullets and explosives doesn’t always find it a no brainer to nail down a couple guys with AK47s sighted somewhere in the wilderness of say Afghanistan.

I wouldn’t want to be hiding from the US military or RCMP, but that doesn’t mean their job of finding is easy.

Maybe this will put the speculation about Split Lake “police” to bed. It’s the Government of Canada profile for the band (officially the Tataskweyak Cree Nation): Tataskweyak Cree Nation

Under Infrastructure, it says: “Police Detachment: No”

Further, for those who don’t know, the Daily Mail has now retracted the claim that the band members who encountered the duo are RCMP officers. See post #501.

It'll soon be nighttime again and these 2 still haven't been apprehended or spotted :(. If the 2 guys that ran into the bush wasn't the fugitives why haven't the 2 guys that ran into the bush come out to say, "Hey that was us out there" You'd think if it wasn't BS and KM it would have been guys from York Landing right? I think it was them but they may have a darn good hiding spot somewhere close by in the heavy tree canopy or under some brush. JMO

Absolutely you're right. But maybe it wasn't bullets? Maybe they had that air gun rigged in some other way to shoot other projectiles.
I know people keep bringing up bullets because they assumed bullets because of a gun and shooting.... But that may not necessarily be accurate.
Even so, you can only make it so powerful.

The more powerful you make it, the less accurate it is.

And that’s if they had a model that even had the ability to be modified.

Even at its most powerful, it isn’t an effective weapon. Especially with multiple victims.

I don’t see any chance of that here, and that’s after going over the literature on air rifle murders yesterday.

I think it's time for RCMP to pack up their toys and go home. When there's another tip, they can swarm another area, but Gillam is a dead end. I don't think the suspects were ever in the York Landing area as there is no evidence that the suspects were in the area. If the suspects were in the Gillam area, diverting the search to York Landing weakened their effort in Gillam.

It looks like the suspects were gone before police arrived.
@otto do you think it makes sense for them to head south or head back west?

Assuming they were in Gillam and didn't head to location where RCMP has now been for 2 days, it seems like they could have had a decent jump on getting south IMO. I would think they would want to head for less hostile terrain and even get back in a vehicle.

We've learned alot about winter road/transmission line trails etc. and these alternative paths offer some choice of direction. But you have to wonder about the physical toll of what has been going on has done to the 2 suspects! Sure they are young and healthy but the terrain is punishing.

Or many here seemed to think that Churchill was something that might make sense to the 2 suspects (to me its a terminal point of no return but perhaps they thought a water escape might be doable IDK?).

Just praying for no more violence.

I mentioned long ago, they could have bought crossbows at Walmart, for hunting, etc.

Two things I keep thinking.

Eyewitnesses are not always correct. They can be sincere but sincerely wrong, especially if they already know what they'd like to or should see. "Where they two tall white guys". Oh yup, yes they were.

I have only worked with this in critical incident reporting in health care but memory and expectations really affect reports and that you can get many very conflicting descriptions of the same incidents. Not deception but perception filtered through unique minds.

So did Bear Clan members see something? Probably, but who knows what, positively.

I also think that whoever was at the dump would have heard a vehicle approaching on an unpaved road before were seen. I'd think they would have already been fleeing with back to the vehicle before the Clan members could see. So how much did they really see well?

No right or wrong but maybe things are not always as reported, but not through any malice. We interpret so much.

Certainly possible that they never arrived but the eyewitness interviews yesterday appeared credible IMO.

But assuming the starting point is Gillam it seems that would leave them possibly heading north to Churchill (seems like a terminal location to me with no options out other than water but maybe it makes sense to 2 suspects) or

south heading towards Winnipeg or

even back the way they came and heading west.

"Gun Violence" was the term used by the RCMP roughly 2 days after the initial 3 day period it took to identify the bodies of Deese/Fowler.

The term "Gun Violence" was used in the 2nd major Press Conference (one where the first stream had the cat ears FB filter on the Press Officer). Fastest way to check this is go to RCMP website or check the youtube videos posted by RCMP.

"2019-07-22 12:56 PDT

The investigation into the double homicide of 23-year-old Lucas Fowler and 24-year-old Chynna Deese continues to progress. Investigators from the North District Major Crime and the BC RCMP Major Crime Units are continuing their efforts. We can now confirm that Chynna and Lucas were the victims of gun violence and the 1986 blue Chevrolet van with Alberta licence plates was owned by Lucas Fowler and was being used by the couple to explore northern BC."​

RCMP in British Columbia - Update - Investigation continues into the deaths of Lucas Fowler and Chynna Deese in northern British Columbia

Hi guys- I’m new on this site and have been lurking along only for this case. I’m in the US but it popped up on my Twitter moments and I’ve been captivated by it since.

I really thought given the heat sensing technology, etc, that if the York Landing sighting was legit, they would have caught them by now. Are we on the same page that the sighting was probably not them? Kind of puts into question that whole Bear Clan and the guy Favel that was on the news.

Edit: given this presumably false sighting, I am going back to my original theory that they were well on their way out of there by the time the rav4 was discovered.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jasonleblanc061975@gmail.