Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys- I’m new on this site and have been lurking along only for this case. I’m in the US but it popped up on my Twitter moments and I’ve been captivated by it since.

I really thought given the heat sensing technology, etc, that if the York Landing sighting was legit, they would have caught them by now. Are we on the same page that the sighting was probably not them? Kind of puts into question that whole Bear Clan and the guy Favel that was on the news.

It doesn’t appear they were able to use that technology last night, on account of the weather.

Regardless, I can’t imagine that if they were ever there, they wouldn’t have found some sign of them by now.

I’m with you, and I think most people agree, that sighting couldn’t have been them.

Hi guys- I’m new on this site and have been lurking along only for this case. I’m in the US but it popped up on my Twitter moments and I’ve been captivated by it since.

I really thought given the heat sensing technology, etc, that if the York Landing sighting was legit, they would have caught them by now. Are we on the same page that the sighting was probably not them? Kind of puts into question that whole Bear Clan and the guy Favel that was on the news.
I think there are a few factors. One being they had a 20 minute head start. Two I think the thick tree canopy does conceal quite a bit from the infrared cameras. And three the wind and weather in the area made it hard to have drones/helicopters in the air.

I mentioned long ago, they could have bought crossbows at Walmart, for hunting, etc.

And yet, no one has been killed with a crossbow (that we know of) and the police say that Lucas and Chynne were shot with guns, IIRC. They didn't say arrows. The broken glass in the van looks like a gunshot, to me.

And the two fugitives haven't been observed with bows. All we know that they have is an airsoft gun.

If they did get bows, they only have so many arrows and available targets are mostly going to eat those arrows up rapidly - they'd need to really ration those arrows.

My son and his dad we're going to go out into the bush for a little bit and to help save room with their supplies they bought a whole bunch of Meal, Ready-to-Eat – commonly known as MRE.
They actually got them from a local military supply surplus shop.
Small compressed packages and nutritious as well.
My son brought me in a few different ones there was like spaghetti and steak with vegetables, tuna casserole and pudding, packages of juice and water. They even had salt and pepper and ketchup..... all kinds of different types. I tried some of the different ones and most of them were pretty good. There was a few that were kind of gross. But they actually we're nutritious and if a person had enough of them they could live on those for a while for sure.
There are also those foil sheets to sleep under and conserve body heat. Maybe they are more prepared than we know.

It'll soon be nighttime again and these 2 still haven't been apprehended or spotted :(. If the 2 guys that ran into the bush wasn't the fugitives why haven't the 2 guys that ran into the bush come out to say, "Hey that was us out there" You'd think if it wasn't BS and KM it would have been guys from York Landing right? I think it was them but they may have a darn good hiding spot somewhere close by in the heavy tree canopy or under some brush. JMO
I think it was them too. I also can’t believe that after RCMP and Air forces along with drones were unable to find “two more” guys in a bush. Whether it be the suspects or another two teens.

If the 2 guys that ran into the bush wasn't the fugitives why haven't the 2 guys that ran into the bush come out to say, "Hey that was us out there" You'd think if it wasn't BS and KM it would have been guys from York Landing right? I think it was them but they may have a darn good hiding spot somewhere close by in the heavy tree canopy or under some brush. JMO

Agree, but some other people up to no good, whatever that might be, might also run away when someone is nearby and not come forward to identify themselves. Does seem unlikely that two random people would be out there and run away that aren't the suspects in question, but at this point anything seems possible

If they were in York Landing, and I do believe that the Bear Clan patrol knew what they saw, it took so long for any real response to happen, that they had plenty of time to leave. I feel that they realised their mistake at Gillam and decided to head back toward civilisation. After being seen, they would have just hidden until things calmed down and will most probably now be walking south/southeast on one of the many tracks that are there towards Thompson aiming for Manitoba.

Last edited:
It doesn’t appear they were able to use that technology last night, on account of the weather.

Regardless, I can’t imagine that if they were ever there, they wouldn’t have found some sign of them by now.

I’m with you, and I think most people agree, that sighting couldn’t have been them.

I don't agree. I trust the locals more than most people, I guess. They know strangers when they see them (rare) and these two stand out in a crowd, for sure.

RCMP hasn't said "we saw no sign of them." What they said was, "We couldn't verify it was those two." (Because RCMP did not sight them, themselves).

And why is one of their dads easily accepting they're murderers and no one - not one single person who knows them- has stepped forward to say it's impossible that they did what they're accused of?

Logic supports the belief that the RCMP aren't bumbling idiots who without evidence have wrongfully targeted two innocent youths who are coincidentally burning evidence and hiding.

@gitana1....if KM & BS do not come out of this alive, in your professional opinion, will the RCMP explain to the general public the evidence they collected to link them to these crimes? Will the RCMP paint us a picture of how all of this took place?

Is there any chance that the RCMP believe someone is helping these two out? I was so hoping that the sighting at the dump would lead to an arrest...

Complete speculation on my part, I'm probably grasping here, I know, but is there any chance the Mounties are feeding the public disinformation to lure the suspects out?

How thorough is a roadside check for alcohol in Split Lake? I don't believe they can search a vehicle without establishing cause. And I don't believe this was more than a quick glance. This was not a customs or border control kind of search. I could be wrong.

Northern Manitoba band opens checkstop to nab illegal booze, drugs - APTN News

Those on treaty land have a right to create and enforce their own bylaws. Interesting article talking about check stops to encourage dry communities on northern Manitoba treaty land.

Actually (I could be mistaken) I don't recall the phrase 'gun violence'...I don't think they've fully released how Mr. Dyck was killed. I know Lucas Fowler was reported to have a small gun wound near his abdomen. Also the Auxiliary Policemen at Split Lake did not come across a gun when they searched their vehicle. My inner voice tells me they have their coveted knife still though.
I didn't hear Lucas had a gunshot wound. When the highway worker guy went to the scene of the crime to protect it and then he done an interview. He said in the interview that Lucas had a small wound or something and he says he didn't know what kind of a wound that was. I thought that was kind of strange because a lot of people up in that area would definitely know what a gunshot wound would look like.
And it made me think back then that maybe the air gun was modified to use a different projectile. It couldn't shoot bullets but may be modified to shoot something different.

I don't agree. I trust the locals more than most people, I guess. They know strangers when they see them (rare) and these two stand out in a crowd, for sure.

RCMP hasn't said "we saw no sign of them." What they said was, "We couldn't verify it was those two." (Because RCMP did not sight them, themselves).

Here’s the thing though, and this is coming from someone who was beyond optimistic last night:

They were spotted at a specific place, at a specific time.

Authorities arrived on scene quite quickly.

They believed these guys were contained to a small area, and there doesn’t appear to be an easy egress route.

I simply cannot fathom them not being found, especially with a surge in manpower, the benefit of daylight, and hours of searching.

So I’ve flipped completely, and I’m not happy about it.

I think it's time for RCMP to pack up their toys and go home. When there's another tip, they can swarm another area, but Gillam is a dead end. I don't think the suspects were ever in the York Landing area as there is no evidence that the suspects were in the area. If the suspects were in the Gillam area, diverting the search to York Landing weakened their effort in Gillam.

It looks like the suspects were gone before police arrived.

If the First Nation people are as prone to misidentification and hoax as some Websleuthers think, then RCMP may be up to its ears for a long time, responding both to First Nation villages and to anyone else who thinks they see these two.

We do not know that there was *no* evidence and eyewitness accounts are in fact a form of evidence.

I just think RCMP doesn't know what to do next. They're not in Gillam and they're not in York Land itself.

It's always possible that eyewitnesses are mistaken. It's possible these two are dead, actually. But RCMP is going to be going on more of these kind of missions, until they give up. Doesn't mean the two suspects aren't still out there, though.

How thorough is a roadside check for alcohol in Split Lake? I don't believe they can search a vehicle without establishing cause. And I don't believe this was more than a quick glance. This was not a customs or border control kind of search. I could be wrong.
They constable did search their car, looking for alcohol or drugs. Found only survival gear and maps. This article describes that, and more about their demeanor. Interesting read.
Police constable describes stopping but then letting teen serial killer suspects go | Daily Mail Online

It'll soon be nighttime again and these 2 still haven't been apprehended or spotted :(. If the 2 guys that ran into the bush wasn't the fugitives why haven't the 2 guys that ran into the bush come out to say, "Hey that was us out there" You'd think if it wasn't BS and KM it would have been guys from York Landing right? I think it was them but they may have a darn good hiding spot somewhere close by in the heavy tree canopy or under some brush. JMO
I was just thinking could they somehow hide under the water if they're near the river or bog/marsh? Would the heat whatever thing pick up an image if it's under water? They can hear the plane coming and dive under till it passed over. Just wondering hmmm

These Bear Clan people are not locals and they are not trained. They are a Winnipeg aboriginal group that thought it could play “ambassador”, to use its word, and got the Assembly of First Nations to agree with them. Good opportunity for expansion, to be blunt.

Lots of egg on lots of faces at the moment.

Maybe they saw something, maybe they didn’t. The discussion in which the RCMP asked them for a detailed recollection of what they saw, after their leader was yapping to whatever press would listen, might have been interesting. For whatever reason, the RCMP don’t, at this point, have a lot of confidence in their “sighting”.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members