Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
LE is 4 hours away, why didn't a high way worker go to the van.

At least two highway workers have given an account of seeing the van and/or the couple: Mr. Pierre, a highway worker and medic, reported that he drove by the couple pulled off the road around 8pm.

His supervisor also reported that she saw the couple in the same place around 11:30pm that evening. It was the highway supervisor's account that she also saw an unidentified bearded man standing near the middle of the road talking to the couple. His jeep was headed the opposite direction, and was stopped a few feet ahead of him.

The following morning, the supervisor contacted Mr. Pierre and told him to go report to the place he saw the couple the night before. Mr. Pierre said he arrived the crime scene/couple about 6:45AM. A long haul trucker who initially came upon the couple provided his account to Mr. Pierre, and departed the scene -- leaving Mr. Pierre alone with the bodies until RCMP arrived later.

I believe it's obvious that the couple were not actively seeking roadside assistance on Sunday when they were pulled off the road. Even after several opportunities to seek help from highway crew above and others, they did not do so.

MOO

This is really unsettling especially the fact they were wearing different clothes.....so everyone is looking for Bryer in his 2plus week camouflage clothes and they were wearing something else! geesh

I missed that in the article! So this now puts even more doubt in my mind that the sighting in York Landing was credible IMO. The Bear Clan people described them as wearing similar clothing as the earlier sighting in the Meadow Lake video.

Saunders said the men matched photos of the suspects the RCMP have released, but the two were wearing different clothes, adding no one was in camouflage.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/first-nation-constable-stopped-homicide-suspects-1.5230779

***On a slightly lighter note, we have this running 'joke' in our house when someone wears camo.... that we can't see them LOL Hubby puts on his camo jacket, we pretend we can't see him. Son puts on his pants or shirt or shoes... we tell him to put on a shirt or pants or shoes! We also told our son it was stupid to spend almost $200 on shoes no one can see! *sigh*

Wow have I entered into the "Twilight Zone"? Reading of the new reports that the guy who checked the vehicle on the Reserve is now saying he didn't see any camping gear, maps or liquor just 2 boxes and a suit instead? Huh!? What the heck, how can the story change so much? Not sure what to believe anymore in this case? Are we sure these 2 are really KM and BS? Crazy, they were seen at the dump and now RCMP are saying that's not even confirmed it was KM and BS. Where can I bang my head? (On second thought never mind that would hurt)o_O lol

I agree. There just simply seems to be more out there on BS, between his online presence and his parents being more open with the media.

As for height and weight, I also seriously question them being listed as the same and was confused on the hair color since KM's is clearly lighter than BS's. I get the impression that, however the descriptions were initially reported, they got jumbled--or were just based on inaccurate information. To my eye, BS is probably a legit 6'4," with KM being a good 2-3 inches shorter. That makes the latter still above average in height but noticeably shorter than his pal. I also think KM looks a bit stockier so might be a bit heavier, despite being shorter.

Shoes could have made a slight difference in height as well. Some mens boots have a good inch to the bottom of them.
I do see some difference as well. I imagine the initial description of BS came from parents and such. They don't always know the Exact height of their child, especially when they are likely still growing.

This older article talks about Chynna Deese getting up and waving.
What happened to tourist couple found dead on Alaska Highway?

From your link -

“A woman who told CTV News she'd seen the van said it appeared to have broken down on the side of the northbound lanes.

"The hood was up and there was a young couple sitting in lawn chairs in the ditch. The girl got up and waved at me," Carrie Haruluk said.

She said she couldn't help - her vehicle was full and there were vehicles coming in both directions - so she kept driving.

"The next morning, we all heard the sirens," Haruluk said.

"It's disturbing because it's somebody's daughter, it's somebody's son. And they're not very old."...”

Im not sure why we are still discussing or even questioning why they were sleeping/stranded on the side of the Alaksa highway, or why they were in an old vehicle.. it happens, that stretch of highway as all other northern stretches of highway in canada are baron, miles and miles of nothing but vast scenic areas which for the majority of tourists and people heading that way is the drawing card for them. Little cell service, unpopulated areas gas stations hundreds of miles apart and just the peace and quiet os what many go for. Sad to think that this part of the world has come to not being safe minding your own business and enjoying life.
That's a beautiful video; thanks for sharing what it looks like to drive on the Alaska Highway. At around the 8 minute mark it shows Liard Hot Springs, where I think (?) Lucas and Chynna visited. This young, happy couple reminded me of them.

I've tried to cool it on all the speculation because at some point it tends to borrow from the truth and blurr the facts and theories/rumours together, but I do wonder a little if they had planned to kill more then kill themselves but either something happened to the murder weapon or they panicked and ditched it like they did the camper truck.

That would explain why they didn't kill numerous people they've come across since BC who they easily could have.

And now, without a weapon they're unable to kill themselves and unable to have LE shoot them as LE certainly wouldn't fire if they could tell the two aren't armed. Thus, leaving them without an out and pondering for days how to end this for themselves without being taken into custody as their resources dwindle down to nothing.

Just a thought.
That actually explains a lot if that’s true!

Shoes could have made a slight difference in height as well. Some mens boots have a good inch to the bottom of them.
I do see some difference as well. I imagine the initial description of BS came from parents and such. They don't always know the Exact height of their child, especially when they are likely still growing.
That's true about footwear!

I'm going off the pre-run pic of them together. BS is leaning his head in toward KM and still has some noticeable height on KM, including at the shoulders, though their shoes are obscured so could be a factor.

Also, in the video footage of them exiting the store, it's a little hard to judge because they're moving their heads around a bit, but the highest point on the height indicator on the door seems to come to the very top of KM's head while it is down a couple of inches at least on BS's forehead. Of course there, shoes are also obscured.

They may well be closer to the same height and BS wears thicker boots, but my armchair guess is that BS is 6'4" and KM is 6'1"/6'2".

I could be spazzing, but I also think one of the confirmed witnesses who saw them referred to BS as "the tall, skinny one," which made me think he must have some noticeable height on KM in person to be singled out that way, though again boots could play a role in that without someone noticing.

Wow have I entered into the "Twilight Zone"? Reading of the new reports that the guy who checked the vehicle on the Reserve is now saying he didn't see any camping gear, maps or liquor just 2 boxes and a suit instead? Huh!? What the heck, how can the story change so much? Not sure what to believe anymore in this case? Are we sure these 2 are really KM and BS? Crazy, they were seen at the dump and now RCMP are saying that's not even confirmed it was KM and BS. Where can I bang my head? (On second thought never mind that would hurt)o_O lol
Yes I can sympathize with you. I thought that was strange to that the two guys who had stopped the RAV4 and searched it said they only seen a couple boxes and stuff. But the news said it was filled with camping gear in that so... Like you I'm confused and now I'm starting to wonder if some of these Witnesses are maybe not being 100% factual.
The same as the guy in Cold Lake. The first story was he had spent very little time with them it was just quick and over with. And now there's articles of him stating that he spent over 20 minutes with them chatting and he shook their hands and the two young guys told him exactly what their names were were both first and surname....and more.... So again stories are changing and it's really hard to know which is actual 100% fact.

The problem with media, add to the story to make it more interesting

When did the helper-guy mention that they were wearing different clothes? The version I have from MSM doesn’t mention it.

Would be very interesting to pin that down.

I've tried to cool it on all the speculation because at some point it tends to borrow from the truth and blurr the facts and theories/rumours together, but I do wonder a little if they had planned to kill more then kill themselves but either something happened to the murder weapon or they panicked and ditched it like they did the camper truck.

That would explain why they didn't kill numerous people they've come across since BC who they easily could have.

And now, without a weapon they're unable to kill themselves and unable to have LE shoot them as LE certainly wouldn't fire if they could tell the two aren't armed. Thus, leaving them without an out and pondering for days how to end this for themselves without being taken into custody as their resources dwindle down to nothing.

Just a thought.
This makes a lot of sense to me. I have been thinking something seems to have happened with LD or shortly afterward that cooled off the murder spree. Some of it is I think they haven't been able to come across such easy victims or even something about that incident spooked them more, but I think your speculation about them either losing the murder weapon or them panicking and ditching it could be right on. MOO

Besides two teenagers that have literally disappeared off the face of the earth here is what we don't know. Which is not rare, but certainly leaving anything possible to the imagination.
There are no murder weapons, we do not know how the victims were murdered, or a time, just a time span. We do not have any proof where the murderers were at the time, We do not why they killed, we do not know how or why the third person was killed, we do not know if the RAV4 was stolen or not, we do not know why the murderer took everyones id or where it is. We have no autopsy results, we do not know why the teenagers parents have not made any more statements, we do not know why the army, police, detectives have basically said nothing other than they are searching and everyone should stay vigilant. Basically we know nothing and the authorities know a lot more. There truly is no reason for them to tell us anything until they can piece this case together with a capture. Now..if whoever has murdered these innocent people are no longer with us, we will all have to cope with the fact that this will be a permanent open case.

I think the fact that they were at the side of the road meant they needed help, all by itself (whether casual or not casual wave). If I really needed help, myself, I'd stand near the road and try and flag someone down (which may be what happened later). The passing woman with a full car might have thought the same.

I've known people in remote areas to go and unload their cars and go back, though. My dad did stuff like that, I've done it once, and know several people who got help in that manner.

I do have a question though (especially for the locals). We keep hearing down in the lower 48 that Northern BC and on up toward Alaska has had a lot of deaths by the side of the road. Is that true? Homicide rates in BC are lower than the US average, so you guys seem so safe to me. But...are there more homicides along the road? Is that your perception (it's pretty common idea here, probably due to MSM keeping that in view (www.vice.com for example).

Here's how NY Post is framing it:

https://nypost.com/2019/07/23/young-couple-was-killed-near-canadas-infamous-highway-of-tears/

The Highway of Tears (which is not close to these homicides - it’s in the middle of the province, 100s of km away) is it’s own distinct thing. There are historical murdered and missing going back 50 years, and the victims have disproportionately been Indigenous women.

Some context:

Highway of Tears - Wikipedia

Also noteworthy, they were described as "white guys" yet their faces were not seen?

EDIT - for clarification - it was at the dump they were described as white guys but witnesses also stated they didn't actually see their faces...

I missed that in the article! So this now puts even more doubt in my mind that the sighting in York Landing was credible IMO. The Bear Clan people described them as wearing similar clothing as the earlier sighting in the Meadow Lake video.

Saunders said the men matched photos of the suspects the RCMP have released, but the two were wearing different clothes, adding no one was in camouflage.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/first-nation-constable-stopped-homicide-suspects-1.5230779

***On a slightly lighter note, we have this running 'joke' in our house when someone wears camo.... that we can't see them LOL Hubby puts on his camo jacket, we pretend we can't see him. Son puts on his pants or shirt or shoes... we tell him to put on a shirt or pants or shoes! We also told our son it was stupid to spend almost $200 on shoes no one can see! *sigh*

From your link -

“A woman who told CTV News she'd seen the van said it appeared to have broken down on the side of the northbound lanes.

"The hood was up and there was a young couple sitting in lawn chairs in the ditch. The girl got up and waved at me," Carrie Haruluk said.

She said she couldn't help - her vehicle was full and there were vehicles coming in both directions - so she kept driving.

"The next morning, we all heard the sirens," Haruluk said.

"It's disturbing because it's somebody's daughter, it's somebody's son. And they're not very old."...”

Thank you so much.

The Highway of Tears (which is not close to these homicides - it’s in the middle of the province, 100s of km away) is it’s own distinct thing. There are historical murdered and missing going back 50 years, and the victims have disproportionately been Indigenous women.

Some context:

Highway of Tears - Wikipedia

Thank you. USA MSM is constantly saying “near the Highway of Tears” in. It’s coverage. Now I know where it actually is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jp.52203