Canada - Lucas Fowler, Chynna Deese, and Leonard Dyck, all murdered, Alaska Hwy, BC, Jul 2019 #9

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s correct. It was characterized as “heated,” but the article also mentioned “frustrated.”

I’m not reading much into this, and don’t think it’s in any way connected.

A witness viewing an interaction may not understand the context.

Every witness is going to have (atleast) a slightly different interpretation of what they are seeing.

These two are suspected of that crime, which means that this guy just can’t be involved.

I’m sure that multiple people interacted with this couple, and those events just weren’t independently spotted.

Besides that, Leonard was killed quite a distance away, and on a different day.

Wouldn’t a likely interpretation of ‘heated and frustrated’ be: “You’ve got to let me help you! You can’t just camp at the side of the road all night!” (The danger of being hit by a car, if nothing else.)

Fowler and Deese were found by civilians on a remote stretch of highway on July 15 at 7:20 p.m. By 11:00 a.m. the next morning, probably having worked through the night, the RCMP issued a statement that its “Major Crimes Unit” had been brought in to investigate the deaths.

The key thing was to get out a bulletin. At that point, the RCMP had no way of knowing “what kind of people were involved” or “scenarios” to look out for. Indeed, the people who ultimately became suspects were initially thought to be missing.

It is completely beyond me what there is to criticize about this.

Not sure why you find this "major crimes unit" thing so important. It tells me nothing. They said they were investigating "suspicious deaths." That's what got reported. Possibly a murder suicide, for all we know. Could it be a drug overdose? At what point did they know they were murders? They took an incredibly long time to inform the public of that fact, and it seems like they only did so *after* Australian media reported they were shot. It looks like they were trying to keep it quiet.

In regards to what BS father said about playing their games in the forest. Did he ever mention if this was a few hours here and there, or if they went in for extended periods of time?
Maybe they stopped their game for ten minutes when one had to run in to the bathroom. Did they actually sleep out there?

Also does no one else find it a tad nutty that kam’s Mother hasn’t pleaded for her boy to come home?

Not at all.

#1 her (adult) boy will not listen to her and she knows it
#2 She and other parents of murderers have to come to terms with what their sons did and I doubt showing their faces on National TV, exposing themselves for further abuse than what they are likely enduring, is a priority.

Do not expect others to act the way you want them to when you are not walking in their shoes.

I am packing up and heading out on my cross Canada road trip today. I am not letting two punks deter me. I have tremendously enjoy the discussions on here and felt the frustrations, stress as probably most have. I sincerely hope the suspects are captured alive soon, if they are not already deceased. If they are hiding out in someone’s basement, I hope they man up and come out and face the music.

Cheers all ... see you in a few weeks at which time I hope there will be positive developments.
Travel safe!

Same in Canada but some Americans have a really difficult time comprehending that notion. They can't imagine a household without one or more guns. Hence, the nearly daily mass shootings in USA.

As I said earlier, I live in Southern Ontario and for a long time I thought guns were not important to local people but as I get older the more I find that they are a significant part of people's lives here. I know a large amount of people who hunt and I imagine it's far more common in these areas of Manitoba that are in the spotlight. There are more guns in Canada per household than in the USA. But this thread is not about that. So I'm not trying to start a debate one way or the other. Also I don't own any firearms.

That news is from July 23rd though.

They're still not captured? I'm starting to read doubt and confusion from the posts on here everyday. There's only brief information on the murders and the murder scenes. Some of us are still wondering what happened to the search for the bearded man seen talking to the couple, and if he was the Texas suspect Derek WHISENAND. It leaves the public feeling very helpless due to such vague information. Not to mention how much this search must be co$ting Canada.

Thanks, handy link.
timeline-b-c-homicide-couple-manitoba-manhunt.jpg

(CBC News Graphics)
This needs to get pinned to the front of the thread next time.

I think that “suspicious deaths” plus “Major Crimes Unit” is for the vast majority of people crystal clear. If not for you, cool.
That doesn’t have the same effect.

We know what that means because we have an interest in that sort of thing.

For many people, it’s not the equivalent of “two people shot to death, suspect on the loose.”

The words matter.

I would think the RCMP would like to put the minds of the public at peace. If charges were laid in the deaths of Lucas & Chynna that would set my mind at ease. As it stands right now we, the public are not certain if BS & KM are responsible or if there is a person (s) out shooting people on the side of the highway. Canada is in major tourist season, so many travelling this beautuful country, everyone is fearful until we have some concrete info, like charges, how can anyone feel safe?

Please do not speak for everyone.
The fact that there is a massive manhunt for these 2 killers tells me all I need to know. Charges laid now or later won't change a thing in my belief that LE is looking for the right people.
Your choice to believe what you want but don't think for one instant that the public at large shares your views.

What's puzzling me, firstly, is the burned truck (the one found near the deceased professor) shown in one picture unburned with a camper shell. It looks, to me, as if it's been rolled, given the combination of convex deformation of the roof, bending of the right rear cab cornerpost, and the down angle between the bed and the cab. I also found it perplexing that I couldn't see any sign of the camper shell.
The camper shell, yes!!!!!!!!!!! Why is there zero remnants of it?? When they first posted that pic of the dented truck, I thought it was a different burned truck.

That's ridiculous, trapping is not allowed in the summer. And you can't leave traps unattended and not check them. That member seems to be looking for attention.
I agree with you when I read this. Traps cannot be left unattended because it would be inhumane for the animals. And not only that it would destroy the animals and The Furs being left in a trap for weeks. Then what would be the point of the trapping?

I think that “suspicious deaths” plus “Major Crimes Unit” is for the vast majority of people crystal clear. If not for you, cool.

Most reporting did not mention "major crimes unit." So that point is completely moot, which is why I find it so odd you keep repeating it. They released that to the media? So what? The "vast majority of people" are not the media.

Secondly, if police had said from day 1 that they were both shot, I guarantee that this would have gotten more media attention.

I have trouble comprehending why two young men who told their families they were heading off to seek employment in Whitehorse (or Red Deer, depending on who they told) would instead steal a vehicle from a dying or dead man and take off toward northern Manitoba.

And if they’d run because they stole a vehicle, running because they also caused the man’s death would be a much stronger incentive. JMO
And if they killed l&c they stayed in the area for 5 days (Monday Tuesday Wednesday Thursday Friday). They didn't run then. L&c were found Monday morning. LD was found Friday. Even though they were six hours apart that's not very far apart up north. So they didn't run after supposedly murdering l&c but they ran after killing LD? That does not make sense. They were charged with second-degree murder for LD so it wasn't planned premeditated. And they have not been charged with the deaths of l&c ... so there's something in this whole picture that were missing and the police have not told us about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
aztraea