CANADA Canada - Madison Scott, 20, Vanderhoof, BC, 27 May 2011

I agree fully. While it is possible there was an accident or an overdose, I doubt it could be covered up for so long if multiple people were involved. Also, I don't believe that JB was involved, or that she sensed the gravity of the situation when she returned to the campsite the next day.

I don't find it suspicious that Maddy choose to remain at the campground, even after JB left. She was an experienced camper and familiar with the area. Her tent was already set up and likely she would not want the hassle of dismantling it during the wee hours of the morning. She was also reportedly very proud of her truck and probably would not want to leave it behind at a party where it could be trashed or stolen. Just because Maddy was said to be the most sober person at the party doesn't mean she hadn't been drinking. Although I'm making an a assumption, after everything I've read about Maddy I get the impression she was too responsible to drink and drive. Hence, I think she felt she had no other option than to remain at the campground alone. I don't think she was fearful though, as she seemed confident, independent, and outdoorsy.

My theory is that Maddy retreated to her tent as the party was winding down. Someone either lagged behind the others as they left, or returned sometime later, with the hope of engaging in consensual sex with Maddy. I think Maddy refused this person's advances, and there was struggle in or next to her tent that shifted her belongings and ultimately left it flattened. I think Maddy lost her rings in the struggle or removed them as a clue (reportedly she never took them off). I don't really have an opinion on whether Maddy was murdered at the campsite or if she was taken to another location (like the farm) and subsequently killed. Unfortunately I think was a case of a sexual assault attempt that spun out of control.
The other tent campers apparently dismantled their tent and packed up during those wee hours without too much trouble. Certainly others would've helped if she would've asked, no? I have no doubt that she was quite fond of her trusty old truck. However, I can see why some people are skeptical about the narrative that she stayed behind voluntarily as everyone left, deliberately putting herself in a vulnerable situation, in order to stay (alone) and protect this particular vehicle and/or this tent. Or alternatively, that she wouldn't have been aware everyone else was leaving. There were even potential sober drivers if she was concerned about driving herself.

Those skeptics apparently include her mother. After nearly 18 months of investigating, here's what was said on 48 Hours in 2012:

Reporter: What kind of questions do you have, even today?

DS: Why was she left there on her own? Why did everybody leave?

Attachments

• Tent.JPG
    Tent.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 34
  • Truck.JPG
    Truck.JPG
    74 KB · Views: 33
  • 48 Hours.JPG
    48 Hours.JPG
    56.4 KB · Views: 32
I agree. As an outdoorsy woman and similar to Maddy myself, (I did so much camping in my early 20s and was very proud of my vehicle too) I understand why she didn't leave. It's so much work to take a tent down, she probably just figured she would sleep and be fine as she ALWAYS had been before. It's awful everyone left her but I completely agree with your theory. Someone knew she was alone and she ended up on that farm.

She didn't overdose in her tent. No one would have kept that secret for 12 years. Especially with the media attention and posters EVERYWHERE. I really think she thought she would be okay sleeping alone there for a couple hours.
Could be. Speaking of media attention, I came across this in the archives. Hints at why a person or people may have been keeping some sort of secret for all this time. Not making any predictions regarding any specific theory. Will be interesting to see what the investigation uncovers.

May 28, 2016

Today is the 5th anniversary of Madison Scott’s disappearance (from My Prince George News)

It’s been 5 years to the day since Madison Scott disappeared while camping with friends at Hogsback Lake near Vanderhoof.

“The investigation is still active and, in the words of Constable Tom Wamsteeker, there’s somebody out there who knows something and they’re just not telling us,” says North District RCMP Corporal Dave Tyreman. “Whether they can’t tell us, won’t tell us. Whether they do it anonymously, whether it’s a letter to the parents or whether they call Crimestoppers – somebody or some people know exactly what happened to Maddy.”

He says the Major Crimes unit is still pursuing information related to Maddy’s disappearance.

“In speaking with Major crimes unit, they believe this to be highly suspicious in nature and that’s why they’re involved. It’s not just somebody who wandered off. It would be nice to find some kind of information that we can further our investigation into where exactly is Madison Scott.”

Tyreman says as time passes, circumstances can change.

“Sometimes it’s a disadvantage, sometimes it can be an advantage. Maybe there’s somebody who knows something and, as years go on, they have a change in lifestyle, they’re not hanging around with the same people. Maybe they’re not at threat by somebody else in providing that information so they may come forward.”

Tyreman says anyone with information is encouraged to come forward. Tips can be made anonymously to Crimestoppers at 1-800-222-TIPS.

Maybe she was a heavy sleeper or someone slipped her sleeping pills or date rape drugs. There used to be a few younger guys in Prince George that did this

The birthday boy 'Garret' got a argument with girlfiend at about 2:45 am, that's when he declared the party 'over', decided not to stay camping, breaked down his tent and left.
afaik this hasnt been verified. You cant trust anything that is said from the last few people at the party. For instance. Birthday boy says he had a fight with his GF and thats why he left at 2:50am. Who i think is his GF, (initials DB, sister of a prominent person) is on the whiteboard as leaving at 12(1). that doesnt add up.

afaik this hasnt been verified. You cant trust anything that is said from the last few people at the party. For instance. Birthday boy says he had a fight with his GF and thats why he left at 2:50am. Who i think is his GF, (initials DB, sister of a prominent person) is on the whiteboard as leaving at 12(1). that doesnt add up.
I remember reading this , do you guys recall the source ?

The birthday boy 'Garret' got a argument with girlfiend at about 2:45 am, that's when he declared the party 'over', decided not to stay camping, breaked down his tent and left.
Do you recall the source of the info about GK leaving ?

And the brothers from the farm never spoke to police, correct?

The police said, in the 'Vanishing of Madison Scott' documentary, that they spoke to everyone attending the party that night.
I think these brothers maybe never spoke to the PI's that were hired by the Scott family.
So interesting.... They hired a PI? I am still learning more and more about the case wow.

The police said, in the 'Vanishing of Madison Scott' documentary, that they spoke to everyone attending the party that night.
I think these brothers maybe never spoke to the PI's that were hired by the Scott family.
So her parents must have a good idea what happened then, especially with the recent discoveries...Have they suspected the farm this entire time? Her poor family.

So her parents must have a good idea what happened then, especially with the recent discoveries...Have they suspected the farm this entire time? Her poor family.
Well, since her family was so impressive with their actions, so consistent, so methodical, set so hard on the mission of findind Maddy (and helping spread awareness about other MP cases)... even if they didn't suspect specific person or persons they surely had it narrowed down to just a few. They're smart people, they know that "possible" is nowhere near "most likely". Many, many scenarios were "possible" here. But considering the circumstances and all the clues left the most likely scenario here was that someone she knew well convinced her to get into their vehicle (dogs didn't pick up her scent, bushes and paths around the camping site weren't disturbed in quite a bit) with some kind of emergency excuse - so she didn't bother with rings or anything else, picked up just her phone and keyes and murdered her shortly after.
If there was no phone signal on the area it could be just something to the accord of "Maddy! There was a car crash, X and Y are injured, Z drove home to call for help, come on, hurry up and get in, we have to help them".

I'd think that people with nothing to hide wouldn't mind allowing them and other volunteers to search their properties. And Madison's family, friends and volunteers searched immense area around Hogsback and Vanderhoof through all these years.
If it ended up that only that one family refused them - or if out of those who refused it was the only property belonging to family members of b-day guests, then they likely had pretty good idea who may be responsible.

Was T.R.G. arrested at the same time? Not sure how to check the charge. https://justice.gov.bc.ca/courts/Vanderhoof_Law_Court_Provincial_Completed.pdf

One of the original suspects is on this list as well.

Offense date: April 9, 2023

ETA: you asked "...AT THE SAME TIME?"

I'm asking - at the same time as what/who/where??? i don't see any charges listed (YET) for C &/or CB...FWIW

ETA2: I think I see now...there's another???

ETA3 lol: Welcome Jules. mucho gracias.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
findtrvthh