CANADA Canada - Madison Scott, 20, Vanderhoof, BC, 27 May 2011

This is normal though in small town BC. I was going to bush parties regularly in another small BC town at the time Madi went missing and it was exactly how we set up our parties on Facebook. Usually they would have a creative name that the organizers would pick, but the hours didn't really matter. People would often show up way earlier in the evening to get the fire started and maybe have hot dogs and things. And even if it wasn't indicated as a camping party, we would set up in spots like Hogsback Lake that had areas for camping. So sometimes people would bring a tent rather than drive drunk or try to find a ride. And, because the events would be public, sometimes people you didn't know would show up. Like from out of town even. Bush parties are really free flowing and there's not often a real organization to things, it's just people hanging out around a bonfire. I don't see anything weird with the party times or anything, this page looks really familiar to me.

This happened in most small towns. It was just common knowledge that people would meet at the same spot every weekend and start a bonfire, play music and have a great time. We didnt have fb when I was going to these bush parties. There would be 100s of people show up at times... before the cops would come and tell us to leave. hahaha!

except, theres a difference in when she said she left, and when others said she left.
From JB's statement above:

"They took half sentences out of what I said and made it look like blank statements. Things were taken totally out of context and the time line was completely wrong."

For example, JB may have left and come back, and they left that part out. The fact that JB was participating in this and other documentaries at all suggests that she is a key witness and not a suspect.

This is normal though in small town BC. I was going to bush parties regularly in another small BC town at the time Madi went missing and it was exactly how we set up our parties on Facebook. Usually they would have a creative name that the organizers would pick, but the hours didn't really matter. People would often show up way earlier in the evening to get the fire started and maybe have hot dogs and things. And even if it wasn't indicated as a camping party, we would set up in spots like Hogsback Lake that had areas for camping. So sometimes people would bring a tent rather than drive drunk or try to find a ride. And, because the events would be public, sometimes people you didn't know would show up. Like from out of town even. Bush parties are really free flowing and there's not often a real organization to things, it's just people hanging out around a bonfire. I don't see anything weird with the party times or anything, this page looks really familiar to me.
Thank you for the insights. It sounds like normal small-town weekend Spring/Summer/Fall parties camping out at the lake with drinks and friends.

It was reported that the birthday party for the 20 year old was exactly that until some unknown, rowdier people arrived late. Have you read or heard anything about when the quads arrived at the party? Was it with the late rowdier people?

People who had planned to camp out on Friday night went home. Madison was supposed to camp out with a friend whom she had not seen for a year. The buddy system collapsed, leaving Madison alone at the lake until the party started again the next day, Saturday. Then she was missing, but no one noticed or did anything until her parents discovered her tent/truck on Sunday.

I wonder how many of the people on Madison's parents investigation boards attended the party both nights. I'm curious how many people with a red X attended the party again, with or without quads, on Saturday.

Thank you for the insights. It sounds like normal small-town weekend Spring/Summer/Fall parties camping out at the lake with drinks and friends.

It was reported that the birthday party for the 20 year old was exactly that until some unknown, rowdier people arrived late. Have you read or heard anything about when the quads arrived at the party? Was it with the late rowdier people?

People who had planned to camp out on Friday night went home. Madison was supposed to camp out with a friend whom she had not seen for a year. The buddy system collapsed, leaving Madison alone at the lake until the party started again the next day, Saturday. Then she was missing, but no one noticed or did anything until her parents discovered her tent/truck on Sunday.

I wonder how many of the people on Madison's parents investigation boards attended the party both nights. I'm curious how many people with a red X attended the party again, with or without quads, on Saturday.
Can't confirm, but I've seen a friend of Madison's post before that the two parties were two completely different groups of people - with the Friday party being 20-somethings, and the Saturday party being a younger crowd of teens.

Can't confirm, but I've seen a friend of Madison's post before that the two parties were two completely different groups of people - with the Friday party being 20-somethings, and the Saturday party being a younger crowd of teens.
I think it was touched on in the Vanishing of Madison Scott documentary, but I really can't remember the details they mentioned about the second party. Was it that documentary or the 48hrs one that said Maddy's sister had gone to the Saturday party?

I think it was touched on in the Vanishing of Madison Scott documentary, but I really can't remember the details they mentioned about the second party. Was it that documentary or the 48hrs one that said Maddy's sister had gone to the Saturday party?
That's right! Thank you. Yes, Madison's sister attended the Saturday night party but didn't say anything to her parents because she wasn't supposed to be out drinking at the lake. She was underage.

On Friday night, later on in the evening, did a rowdier group arrive at the 20 year old's birthday party? Quads are mentioned on Madison's parents investigation. The quads are connected to Cam and Cody Black, who are also reportedly the last to leave the lakeside party ... where Madison was asleep in her tent.

Highway of Tears, 11 minutes.

Attachments

• 1686018942974.png
    1686018942974.png
    392.9 KB · Views: 70
  • 1686019018855.png
    1686019018855.png
    253 KB · Views: 55
  • 1686019100452.png
    1686019100452.png
    727.8 KB · Views: 50
  • 1686019143769.png
    1686019143769.png
    432.5 KB · Views: 53
  • 1686019159039.png
    1686019159039.png
    189.9 KB · Views: 68
From JB's statement above:

"They took half sentences out of what I said and made it look like blank statements. Things were taken totally out of context and the time line was completely wrong."

For example, JB may have left and come back, and they left that part out. The fact that JB was participating in this and other documentaries at all suggests that she is a key witness and not a suspect.
This!! I was on the A&E show “intervention” once, Although I wasn’t the person having the intervention, it was my friend who was on it (I wrote into A&E to get her the help) I had been apart of the show and was interviewed and I had a terrible cold that weekend on set and took some cough syrup and said something I didn’t want included in the interview / show but it still made it onto the show

Although I’m happy she did get the treatment she needed, she still had some things to say to me after the show aired. Sometimes I regret ever doing that as she was embarrassed when the show aired and ended up relapsing and taking her own life.

These true story shows need to think about the lives they effect when they edit things in and out to sensationalize their narrative.

I always knew Jordi was telling the truth & following this case throughout the years (because I’m a bc resident) I have thought about jordi too and always empathized with her.

I hope they find the evidence they need to get justice for maddi ❤️

my gut feeling is, the cops lied about everyone passing a polygraph, and also lied about not suspecting anyone at the party.
What is clear is that the 48 Hours episode was intended to put pressure on a select group of people who were there at the end of the party and stir things up. Of course they had to make the statement that the family's investigation was separate from the official one, but RCMP had the same information and more.

I think as a whole, they tried to paint a picture as to what most likely happened. By what was said or not said. Some statements may continue to take on a different meaning in hindsight.

"Something happened to Maddy."

also interesting that there is no arrive/leave times for GK and a red X.... my gut says something happened to maddy at the end of that party, not between 4-8am. the red x's were there when it happened. total speculation on my part. i think the incident with maddy is why the handful of people who were still there left.
Based on everything I've seen up to this point, one scenario appears increasingly likely in my opinion: accidental overdose.

I've been to plenty of 'bush parties' and music festivals. Where do people typically go when they want to use recreational drugs other than pot? In a tent.

I also know that the purity of drugs can vary quite a bit, especially in rural areas. Most of the time the drugs are 'cut' significantly by the time they get to end users there, especially if the local dealer(s) need to make some extra money for whatever reason. What can happen if someone shows up to a party with relatively pure stuff, but other user(s) have never tried it before or have only tried 'cut' stuff?

If there was an accidental overdose, why might a person or group of people decide to remove and hide a body rather than going to the authorities with what happened?

Why mention Fribby at all in the 48 Hours doc if there is no connection? Why did Fribby feel the need to clear his name in the first place? How could he have done so if he wasn't even at the party? The detective claimed to have found that Maddy was 'involved with' Fribby. Everyone has said the two were never dating, so what other type of 'involvement' might there have been? Why might this be relevant?

Certainly there are other plausible scenarios too, but this one makes the most sense to me at the moment.

What is clear is that the 48 Hours episode was intended to put pressure on a select group of people who were there at the end of the party and stir things up. Of course they had to make the statement that the family's investigation was separate from the official one, but RCMP had the same information and more.

I think as a whole, they tried to paint a picture as to what most likely happened. By what was said or not said. Some statements may continue to take on a different meaning in hindsight.

"Something happened to Maddy."
Agree. The 2012 48 Hours: HIghway of Tears documentary covering the most recent victim, Madison Scott, seemed targeted to draw attention to the party and who left last.

The parents tracked down everyone who was at the party, confirmed arrival and departure times for everyone. Madison was kidnapped before the Saturday party started.

Police must have arrived at the same conclusions. I'm curious whether police requested permission to search the property of the last people to see Madison at the Lake? Without probable cause (sniffer dogs don't count), they would not have permission to search home, phone, laptop, or property of the last people who were at the lake with Madison.

Based on everything I've seen up to this point, one scenario appears increasingly likely in my opinion: accidental overdose.
<respectfully snipped>
Who accidentally overdosed? Where was the body found?

Not thinking that Madison overdosed on drugs, so a friend tossed her into the mud where she would not be found for 12 years ?

Who accidentally overdosed? Where was the body found?

Not thinking that Madison overdosed on drugs, so a friend tossed her into the mud where she would not be found for 12 years ?
I don't think a friend would've been involved, if that was in fact what happened. If there was an accidental overdose that resulted in a death, whoever provided the drugs would potentially face numerous major charges and their suppliers would also potentially face heavy scrutiny. We've seen what the local dealers in that area are capable of when they are unhappy. Unfortunately, there are many reasons for a person or group of people to avoid doing the 'right thing' because of the potential consequences of doing so. Also, their lawyers would almost certainly advise them to stay silent and not allow searches without a warrant.

There are other scenarios involving intentional harm to Maddy that are possible, and those not involving drugs. I may be totally wrong. However, I don't see how this one can be ruled out based on available information.

I don't think a friend would've been involved, if that was in fact what happened. If there was an accidental overdose that resulted in a death, whoever provided the drugs would potentially face numerous major charges and their suppliers would also potentially face heavy scrutiny. We've seen what the local dealers in that area are capable of when they are unhappy. Unfortunately, there are many reasons for a person or group of people to avoid doing the 'right thing' because of the potential consequences of doing so. Also, their lawyers would almost certainly advise them to stay silent and not allow searches without a warrant.

There are other scenarios involving intentional harm to Maddy that are possible, and those not involving drugs. I may be totally wrong. However, I don't see how this one can be ruled out based on available information.
But, if Madison was asleep in her tent, telling friends that she wanted to stay at the lake, when did she overdose? Two friends checked with her, she wanted to stay.

She over-dosed after friends left; trusting that she would be okay?
How did her body get to the red dot location where it was found?

1686024225854.png

I've read the past few pages of the thread, searched online articles etc but can anyone just tell me:

What/who led to the discovery of Madisons remains? Another question that likely is too soon to answer: Were the remains "scattered" at all? (apologies for that last question, just something in my gut made me wonder if there might have been an attempt to move remains, tampering or something like that).

~thoughts, prayers and condolences to the Scott family~

Agree. The 2012 48 Hours: HIghway of Tears documentary covering the most recent victim, Madison Scott, seemed targeted to draw attention to the party and who left last.

The parents tracked down everyone who was at the party, confirmed arrival and departure times for everyone. Madison was kidnapped before the Saturday party started.

Police must have arrived at the same conclusions. I'm curious whether police requested permission to search the property of the last people to see Madison at the Lake? Without probable cause (sniffer dogs don't count), they would not have permission to search home, phone, laptop, or property of the last people who were at the lake with Madison.
RBBM

Whatever happened to Madisons phone? I've been wondering about PC seeing as LE conducted a search of the nearby property. Unless I misread, IIRC the property is owned by people that Madison was friends/associated with?

According to your map @otto the furthest point south (marked as Hogsback Lake) is Madisons last known location (where the party was) correct? I haven't mapped it out myself so just wondering if the "40 min drive" is the drive time between Hogsback and red dot in Vanderhoof? Does anyone know what the drive time/ETA for a quad might be?

I've read the past few pages of the thread, searched online articles etc but can anyone just tell me:

What/who led to the discovery of Madisons remains? Another question that likely is too soon to answer: Were the remains "scattered" at all? (apologies for that last question, just something in my gut made me wonder if there might have been an attempt to move remains, tampering or something like that).

~thoughts, prayers and condolences to the Scott family~
<modsnip - rumors; no link>. Madison's body was found almost 12 years to the day that she vanished from Hogsback Lake.

We have to wait for information from RCMP, patiently.

There's nothing to suggest that a big team was needed to locate Madison's bones. Her body was found, presumably in one place ... nothing to suggest otherwise.

Last edited by a moderator:
RBBM

Whatever happened to Madisons phone? I've been wondering about PC seeing as LE conducted a search of the nearby property. Unless I misread, IIRC the property is owned by people that Madison was friends/associated with?

According to your map @otto the furthest point south (marked as Hogsback Lake) is Madisons last known location (where the party was) correct? I haven't mapped it out myself so just wondering if the "40 min drive" is the drive time between Hogsback and red dot in Vanderhoof? Does anyone know what the drive time/ETA for a quad might be?
Turns out that there was one cell phone tower in the area that serviced both Hogsback Lake and the area where her body was found. Simkut Lake cell tower. It could easily confuse information about whether her phone was with her body or at the lake. Madison's mom said service was spotty at the lake, so she didn't worry when Madison didn't pick up at first.

What did the investigation discover about Madison's phone? Are there more cell towers?

Madison's body was found on this 160 acre property, seemingly intact - all the parts were found at the same time.

Attachments

• 1686026605245.png
    1686026605245.png
    720.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 1686026958507.png
    1686026958507.png
    463.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 1686027183584.png
    1686027183584.png
    840.6 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:
<modsnip - rumors; no link> Madison's body was found almost 12 years to the day that she vanished from Hogsback Lake.

We have to wait for information from RCMP, patiently.

There's nothing to suggest that a big team was needed to locate Madison's bones. Her body was found, presumably in one place ... nothing to suggest otherwise.
BBM

Interesting. I asked if the remains were potentially scattered as I had (wrongfully) assumed Madison had been found outside somewhere in the wilderness and not near/on private property. An image was posted several pages back with a photo which seemed to indicate that the remains were found nearby the property in question.

"Mounties said Monday they were executing a search warrant at a rural property on the east side of Vanderhoof, which “is associated” with the discovery of her body, which has been identified by BC Coroners Service."

Does anyone know when/where Madisons phone had last pinged? Just curious if she had it with her, even if it were no longer able to be located, if the distance between Vanderhoof and Hogsback would = spotty coverage?

*eta: what timing & good thinking ;) @otto

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant