GUILTY Canada - Marie-France Comeau, 37, & Jessica Lloyd, 27, slain, Ont, 2009 & 2010 - #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are 2 completely relevant and terrific articles today, in The Ottawa Citizen.

An excerpt:

The most difficult thing I've ever done clinically came early in my career as a sex therapist. I had a discussion with a sexual offender that fundamentally changed the way I look at sexual violence. It was coming face to face with a few of these criminals among us that made me realize that there really are things that go bump in the night.

To this day, I have far less than average tolerance for any discussion or movie scene of sexual violence. I had nightmares for a week when the story broke about Col. Russell Williams living down the street from my home in Westboro. Col. Williams was particularly insidious due to the complete duality of his life. As it has been observed by one of his staffers at CFB Trenton, "he was the guy that was supposed to take care of everyone."

Whenever I think about Col. Williams, I am reminded of the Nathaniel Hawthorne quote that says "No man ... can wear one face to himself and another to the multitude, without finally getting bewildered as to which one may be true." So we have the merging of these two faces as he announced his intent to enter a guilty plea on Thursday to charges of rape and murder. And some relief for the victims' families, and maybe some closure for his wife and friends who must still be spending their days wondering if there was some kind of sign they missed.

and

Stern: Colonel’s veneer of normalcy adds to disturbing nature of case

The story of Russell Williams is sensational, which is why it will be told and retold for many years in books and probably scripts. It is the stuff of crime thrillers, right down to the clever forensic techniques that police reportedly used to identify him as the one who was killing and sexually assaulting women in Eastern Ontario.
Yet in the end, despite all the scrutiny and retelling, despite all the psychological speculation and analysis, there might never be a satisfactory explanation for why Williams became who he became.

There is a scene in one of Thomas Harris’s books in which the famous (fictional) serial killer Hannibal Lecter dismisses those who attempt to understand him. “Nothing happened to me,” he says. “I happened.” There could be a certain amount of wisdom in those words. Every now and then, it seems, nature spits out a mistake

Something occurred to me last night.

If LE was watching Larry Jones, investigating Larry Jones, knew the tire tracks and wheel base measurements of the vehicle that was reported seen beside Jessica Lloyd's house that evening, including a description of the SUV (presumably), why didn't LE notice Williams pathfinder beside Jones home?

I realize he probably parked the SUV in the garage (the automatic garage door opener was mentioned in one of the articles), but surely if LE was monitoring the Jones' THAT much, they would have picked up on that SUV right beside the home?

Just a thought.

LE did not have witness information on an SUV possibly being involved, or the tire track evidence, until after Jessica had disappeared Jan 28. They conducted their roadside stops on Hwy 37 near Belleville on Feb 4 and RW was arrested Feb 7.

This makes me angry.

OPP covering $3,000 repairs after Williams' floor damaged

OTTAWA - The Ontario Provincial Police have agreed to cover a $3,000 repair bill for Colonel Russell Williams' hardwood floors left scratched after a police search at his Ottawa home, the Ottawa Citizen has learned.

The week-long search occurred in February, days after the disgraced base commander was arrested for two sex killings and two home-invasion sex attacks.
During the search police found so-called trophies from the sex crimes, including almost 600 women's undergarments and photographs police say he took of at least two of his sexual assault victims.

The evidence wasn't hard to find because Col. Williams gave detectives a lengthy interview, in which he directed them to his keepsakes hidden throughout the home he had purchased with his wife, Mary Elizabeth Harriman, in December 2009.

Officers did not turn the remarkably spotless townhouse upside down during the search. Before-and-after photographs were taken as a precaution.

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/ca...ter+Williams+floor+damaged/3641397/story.html
WOW, after reading this, I hope every victim goes after a civil lawsuit against RW! ! ! ! ! !

This makes me angry.

OPP covering $3,000 repairs after Williams' floor damaged

OTTAWA - The Ontario Provincial Police have agreed to cover a $3,000 repair bill for Colonel Russell Williams' hardwood floors left scratched after a police search at his Ottawa home, the Ottawa Citizen has learned.

The week-long search occurred in February, days after the disgraced base commander was arrested for two sex killings and two home-invasion sex attacks.
During the search police found so-called trophies from the sex crimes, including almost 600 women's undergarments and photographs police say he took of at least two of his sexual assault victims.

The evidence wasn't hard to find because Col. Williams gave detectives a lengthy interview, in which he directed them to his keepsakes hidden throughout the home he had purchased with his wife, Mary Elizabeth Harriman, in December 2009.

Officers did not turn the remarkably spotless townhouse upside down during the search. Before-and-after photographs were taken as a precaution.

http://www.nationalpost.com/news/ca...ter+Williams+floor+damaged/3641397/story.html

Okay, now I'm having a very hard time seeing this woman as a victim. Two women are dead and countless others traumatized by her husband and she's worried about being reimbursed for her scratched floor? Give me a break!!:furious:

Does the OPP/local LE have a list of any other deaths in the same general area where there are unexplained deaths of women/men who may have shown evidence similar to MFC? For example, are there any deaths by "misadventure" or whatever such deaths are called, where the deceased showed ligature marks, or evidence of tape, or any kind of bondage activity?

I'd say they should consider such a possibility, as far north as Peterborough, for example, and even east to Ottawa. That should be a starting point, with the parameters broadened as necessary. Of course, any suspicious/unexplained deaths in the areas RW is known to have been, such as Kingston/Brighton/Belleville/Ottawa/Scarborough/Deep River are obvious, to me anyways. Then there are places you might pass through on the way to other places, such as Pembroke on the way to Petawawa. Then again, he has visited so many places, even overseas, such a task is daunting. Daunting, but prudent.

WRT Pembroke, in May 1999, JS ran in the Ottawa Nordion 10K race and his address was shown as Pembroke. This was 2 years before he and NW divorced in 2001, so am wondering if JS and NW lived in Pembroke as a couple or if JS was there on his own.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c....htm++sovka++nordion&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

In the 1998 Nordion race in Ottawa, JS was shown as living in Mississauga (other google hits show JS as living in Mississauga in 2001 and 2003 when he ran the Toronto Waterfront races). IF JS and NW split in 2001, and were together as a couple in Mississauga in the 1990s, then RW had reason to be having family visits in Mississauga, in which case he might be considered a perp in some of the Woodland Rapist cases in the Brampton and Oakville areas.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.c...esults.sportstats.ca&cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ca

Okay, now I'm having a very hard time seeing this woman as a victim. Two women are dead and countless others traumatized by her husband and she's worried about being reimbursed for her scratched floor? Give me a break!!:furious:

Priorities huh? Not like RW's victims didn't suffer a few scratches along the way.

Priorities huh? Not like RW's victims didn't suffer a few scratches along the way.

I am finding this totally unbelievable!! What is equally unbelievable is that the OPP are giving it to her!!!! I am pretty sure that when they tear apart a house because they have a search warrant, they don't normally pay for scratched floors!! Especially when the perp is actually guilty!!! Why so different in this case?:banghead:

I am finding this totally unbelievable!! What is equally unbelievable is that the OPP are giving it to her!!!! I am pretty sure that when they tear apart a house because they have a search warrant, they don't normally pay for scratched floors!! Especially when the perp is actually guilty!!! Why so different in this case?:banghead:

I agree, this is totally outrageous, and I am hope our legal system does justice in their determination of "the transfer" of the marital assets etc., because, RW's victims' deserve every single penny of whatever assets he had, she does NOT deserve his half.

He did God knows what unspeakable things to those women, and she is worried about her damn floors???? This makes me so angry. :furious::furious::furious:

Because everybody's main concern is to just get this all behind them before the all the truth comes out and embarass everybody.

I bet the first thing RW did upon realizing he was caught was point out how badly they screwed up and how highly motivated they must be to make a deal.

This is why in my opinion RW will never be designated a "Dangerous Offender" and I bet many many concessions were made including bigscreen TV's leather couches, etc.

JMO

Because everybody's main concern is to just get this all behind them before the all the truth comes out and embarass everybody.

I bet the first thing RW did upon realizing he was caught was point out how badly they screwed up and how highly motivated they must be to make a deal.

This is why in my opinion RW will never be designated a "Dangerous Offender" and I bet many many concessions were made including bigscreen TV's leather couches, etc.

JMO

BBM: I don't really think LE was motivated in any way to make a deal. RW was the only one motivated to make a deal. LE has enough evidence to guarantee a guilty verdict, they didn't need a deal.

JMO

You could very well be right about that, I've been wondering how long it will take before he's transferred to a minimum security "camp".

BBM: I don't really think LE was motivated in any way to make a deal. RW was the only one motivated to make a deal. LE has enough evidence to guarantee a guilty verdict, they didn't need a deal.

I have seen media reports about a deal being made. I will post any as I find them. They had enough evidence to convict him AND they made a deal. MEH getting a new floor is a pretty good indicator in itself. Anybody else would have had to have gone through litigation first. The new floor was not MEH's doing but rather RW's.

JMO

what bloody nerve MEH has to ask for this payment...

Perhaps the taxpayers should demand reimbursement for the cost of investigating the many charges against RW, and for his accommodation expenses in the future. For that matter, there's the outstanding issue of funeral expenses and burials for the deceased....

I have seen media reports about a deal being made. I will post any as I find them. They had enough evidence to convict him AND they made a deal. MEH getting a new floor is a pretty good indicator in itself. Anybody else would have had to have gone through litigation first. The new floor was not MEH's doing but rather RW's.

JMO

I'm starting to sense that lessons were never learned in the infamous "deal with the devil".

Indications of a deal with LE and RW.

http://www.kelowna.com/2010/10/07/col-russell-williams-arrives-at-court/
Sources said negotiations are underway to determine the conditions of Williams's potential sentence. He is facing life in prison, and sources said he wants to work out the best deal for a life behind bars.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2010/10/06/williams-plea.html?ref=rss
Sources tell CBC News that negotiations are underway to determine the quality of Williams's potential sentence.

Time will prove that a deal was made and LE will use the excuse that they wanted to save the ordeal of a trial for the victims. The fact is that LE has a major opportunity to save face if a deal can be made. RW I'm sure is well aware of this fact and used the leverage it provided to its full extent I have no doubt.

The new floor is a clear indicator that LE made concessions for reasons other than protecting the families of the victims.

The government departments, agencies and individuals who save face by a guilty plea goes on and on and on, Starting with Belleville PD up to the DND and unfortunately God only knows who else.

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO angry. It was Mary-Liz who called MORE THAN ONCE to complain about the floors. I cannot believe this. :furious::furious::furious:

Officers didn't turn the house upside down and, in fact, went to great lengths to leave the townhouse exactly as they entered it, taking before-and-after photographs as a precaution.

The case, which has drawn international headlines, was considered too high-profile to make a single mistake. Still, they did leave some scratches on Williams' floor. According to a provincial government source and records, Harriman made more than one call to complain about the scratched floor.

Instead of having sections of the floor rebuffed and recoated, Harriman, who has maintained contact with her jailed husband, insisted they be replaced. She will now be reimbursed by Ontario taxpayers

JMO

You're all correct that normally LE is not responsible for the damages they cause during a search with a warrant. If they have the wrong target, that person can sue for damages.

However, I have no idea who is behind this particular deal to repair the floors. I have not seen MEH's name mentioned in any of the articles. Could someone please provide a link where her name shows as the one asking for reimbursement? To me, it sounds more like some negotiation with a clever lawyer.

JMO

You're all correct that normally LE is not responsible for the damages they cause during a search with a warrant. If they have the wrong target, that person can sue for damages.

However, I have no idea who is behind this particular deal to repair the floors. I have not seen MEH's name mentioned in any of the articles. Could someone please provide a link where her name shows as the one asking for reimbursement? To me, it sounds more like some negotiation with a clever lawyer.

JMO

It was indeed MEH, as per my post and links in 674.

Indications of a deal with LE and RW.

http://www.kelowna.com/2010/10/07/col-russell-williams-arrives-at-court/
Sources said negotiations are underway to determine the conditions of Williams's potential sentence. He is facing life in prison, and sources said he wants to work out the best deal for a life behind bars.

http://www.cbc.ca/canada/toronto/story/2010/10/06/williams-plea.html?ref=rss
Sources tell CBC News that negotiations are underway to determine the quality of Williams's potential sentence.

Time will prove that a deal was made and LE will use the excuse that they wanted to save the ordeal of a trial for the victims. The fact is that has a major opportunity to save face if a deal can be made. RW I'm sure is well aware of this fact and used the leverage it provided to its full extent I have no doubt.

The new floor is a clear indicator that LE made concessions for reasons other than protecting the families of the victims.

The government departments, agencies and individuals who save face by a guilty plea goes on and on and on, Starting with Belleville PD up to the DND and unfortunately God only knows who else.

Do not forget the enormous savings when a long trial is avoided. Murder trials cost hundreds of thousands of taxpayer's dollars. A plea bargain benefits the prosecution and the public from a financial standpoint. Surely this was one of the considerations.

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member