Found Deceased Canada - May Milling, 81, Jasper, AB, 2 Sept 2010

Hi all. I don't post very often, but as I live in this general area of BC and have travelled these routes many times in the past I thought I might add a thought. Referring to Ruby Red's map in post #3; another route May could have taken is Hwy 93 south to where it junctions with Hwy 1. Hwy 1 is Canada's main cross-country highway and is a four-lane divided highway through most of its length. If May had made this trip several times in the past and had gone to Banff then Jasper, Hwy 93 is the most logical, and scenic route to take. It goes through Lake Louise and the Columbia Icefields and is contained within the Banff and Jasper National parks.
Hwy #1 is also very scenic and has many towns and tourist stops along the way. It is a quick way to reach Kamloops.
Sorry I have not made any links but do not really know how. If you look at Ruby Red's post #3 you will see the route. :)

Hi all. I don't post very often, but as I live in this general area of BC and have travelled these routes many times in the past I thought I might add a thought. Referring to Ruby Red's map in post #3; another route May could have taken is Hwy 93 south to where it junctions with Hwy 1. Hwy 1 is Canada's main cross-country highway and is a four-lane divided highway through most of its length. If May had made this trip several times in the past and had gone to Banff then Jasper, Hwy 93 is the most logical, and scenic route to take. It goes through Lake Louise and the Columbia Icefields and is contained within the Banff and Jasper National parks.
Hwy #1 is also very scenic and has many towns and tourist stops along the way. It is a quick way to reach Kamloops.
Sorry I have not made any links but do not really know how. If you look at Ruby Red's post #3 you will see the route. :)

Hwy 93 to 1

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&sou...7557,-118.070068&spn=4.40995,8.470459&t=h&z=7

HookedNan, what do you make of them searching hwy 3? This 93 to 1 is there any lakes close to the hwy where she could end up in? Thanks for the info it helps to have a local.

So based on that it sounds like they are assuming May took highway 93 to highway 3 rather than the route google maps shows. I'll try and map this route on the cell tower map as well.
bbm
That would be great, thanks.

Thank-you for the link!

They would have the poor lady on camera then, if she travelled those portions of Highway 3....

I don't know if they record it though or just show live cams for weather.
Anyone know if they record?

I saw a Lifetime movie about the true story of a Canadian teenager being found alive after surviving eight days in an auto crash.

This is the eighth day for Ms May.

Police ‘stymied’ in search for missing senior

Sgt. Patrick Webb, a spokesman for the Alberta RCMP, says a police helicopter was used Sunday to do two sweeps over an area that stretches along Highway 3 in British Columbia.

It's a remote highway with dense forests and mountains, said Webb.

"We're stymied right now," said Webb.

Webb said police have been getting help from volunteers and rangers from Jasper National Park in their search.

Milling, who lives in Gibsons, B.C., usually makes a trip through the Rockies annually, said her roommate.

http://dailyheraldtribune.com/ArticleDisplay.aspx?e=2745911

Where is this poor woman? :-(

I wish LE would release her last known sighting. I hope that it wasn't the B & B in Jasper. :-(

Where is this poor woman? :-(

I wish LE would release her last known sighting. I hope that it wasn't the B & B in Jasper. :-(

"She was last seen Wednesday morning around 8:15 a.m. in Jasper when she said goodbye to some friends as Jober’s Cottage, a bed and breakfast she has been frequenting for the last 10 years."

http://www.edmontonsun.com/news/alberta/2010/09/04/15249526.html

Hope this answers your question Wondergirl. I do not know of any other later sightings.

It sounds like she was a regular at the B&B. Did she spend the night or just stop for coffee?
Did anyone else leave the bread and breakfast about the time she did?
Did anyone see her get into her car and drive off?
Maybe she was accosted on the way to her car?
Maybe someone was hiding in her car?

I do hope they find her safe. It sounds more like a accident has happened, possibly went off one of the cliffs :( My thoughts are with her

"She was last seen Wednesday morning around 8:15 a.m. in Jasper when she said goodbye to some friends as Jober’s Cottage, a bed and breakfast she has been frequenting for the last 10 years."

http://www.edmontonsun.com/news/alberta/2010/09/04/15249526.html

Hope this answers your question Wondergirl. I do not know of any other later sightings.

Thanks, Zort. I just wonder if any cameras picked her up or anybody else seen her after leaving this B & B, because, if not, then there is a WHOLE LOT of territory to cover, she could be anwhere. :-(

Do you think something happened at the B&B?

No, Ruby, I doubt anything happened to her there, but you never know, I suppose.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back