CANADA Canada - Michael Dunahee, 4, Victoria, BC, 24 March 1991

Man resembling Michael Dunahee, who disappeared 22 years ago, may wait for months for DNA results ...

In an Aug. 1 posting on the “We will never forget Michael Dunahee” Facebook page, his family asked the public to stop asking when the test results will be in and speculating on the outcome.

“We know the same amount as the public. We do not have the answers to these questions and we (the Dunahees and the young man at question) are just trying to continue with our lives in the mean time.

Thank you for understanding.”

http://www.theprovince.com/news/res...+years+wait+months+results/8765683/story.html

I have seen dozens and dozens of photos of this man taken in the past few years, a couple even dating back to his childhood years

There's also no doubt this man's name is highly unusual.

My gut says this man is Michael Dunahee.
<rsbm>

Just curious where you saw all the pics, if you don't mind sharing that info.

FWIW, Canuckels is just his online nick (unless you know his real name ... if you do, please don't post it).

I agree that this young man stands a real good chance of being Michael. Wouldn't that be something? :please:

...more often than not, it's a few months.
To my (albeit very limited) knowledge of DNA testing, I am of the understanding it is more common (barring extreme examples) to have results within a matter of weeks, and not vice versa (4+months); especially considering the presumed level of urgency and resources available in a case such as this.

Assuming even a smaller portion of them can be done in a few weeks (or even days for that matter), how can the police be certain of the time frame being months and months in advance if the possibility exists of obtaining them much sooner?

I guess this is what the lab told them...

<rsbm>

Just curious where you saw all the pics, if you don't mind sharing that info.

FWIW, Canuckels is just his online nick (unless you know his real name ... if you do, please don't post it).

I agree that this young man stands a real good chance of being Michael. Wouldn't that be something? :please:
I am aware 'Canuckels' is his nickname on the Canucks forum, but had to find his real name to dig deeper.

He had quite an active instagram account and posted a whole lot of pics (some fairly personal ones) taken over the last few years. Though his wife's page had many times more (in addition to the younger ones of him).

Spitting image of Michael Dunahee's Dad in the 1991 video, minus the mustache of course lol.

As I mentioned though, both were taken down within a short period after the DNA samples were taken (~10 days), yet still were able to be cached as of yesterday.

In yet another strange twist...I just googled his real name as I did before to find his instagram page and it does not even appear on google anymore; as though it never existed...along with his wife's instagram page.

I got his name from one of the comments on the July 24 posting on the "we will never forget Michael Dunahee" FB page...though just checked all 300+ comments on it and it has since been deleted as well...go figure.

There was also another comment (since deleted) from someone else that knew him about first his name being so very uncommon, yet at the same time made sense because it so closely resembles a general nickname that males are commonly referred to as when they are boys; can also be used as an adjective to describe masculinity.

Don't really know if I can go into much more detail than that.

8703620.jpg

http://www.theprovince.com/news/res...+years+wait+months+results/8765683/story.html

We do the testing through the RCMP labs. Those labs put the case in priority order depending on what the case is. In this case, we know who and where the other fellow is so our case would go behind something like a serial criminal etc.

VicPD posted this on a reddit thread about it.

There was no six year old. Michael had a baby sister who was being put in the stroller, I believe when Michael ran over to the playground. His dad looked away for a couple minutes to get her out of the car and then walked over to the playground, only to find Michael missing. Wow, have some compassion.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am aware 'Canuckels' is his nickname on the Canucks forum, but had to find his real name to dig deeper.

He had quite an active instagram account and posted a whole lot of pics (some fairly personal ones) taken over the last few years. Though his wife's page had many times more (in addition to the younger ones of him).

Spitting image of Michael Dunahee's Dad in the 1991 video, minus the mustache of course lol.

As I mentioned though, both were taken down within a short period after the DNA samples were taken (~10 days), yet still were able to be cached as of yesterday.

In yet another strange twist...I just googled his real name as I did before to find his instagram page and it does not even appear on google anymore; as though it never existed...along with his wife's instagram page.

I got his name from one of the comments on the July 24 posting on the "we will never forget Michael Dunahee" FB page...though just checked all 300+ comments on it and it has since been deleted as well...go figure.

There was also another comment (since deleted) from someone else that knew him about first his name being so very uncommon, yet at the same time made sense because it so closely resembles a general nickname that males are commonly referred to as when they are boys; can also be used as an adjective to describe masculinity.

Don't really know if I can go into much more detail than that.
I had seen his name posted and when I went back to find it, the post had been removed. This story is driving me crazy. Michael's name has come up so many times in our home and his story has touched our hearts so deeply. The resemblance is unbelievable. I printed out the side by side of Bruce Dunahee and the subject and I drew a mustache on him to compare. I'm convinced. Whatever features he has that don't match the age enhanced image match Bruce's. I feel like I'm just waiting to exhale.

I had seen his name posted and when I went back to find it, the post had been removed. This story is driving me crazy. Michael's name has come up so many times in our home and his story has touched our hearts so deeply. The resemblance is unbelievable. I printed out the side by side of Bruce Dunahee and the subject and I drew a mustache on him to compare. I'm convinced. Whatever features he has that don't match the age enhanced image match Bruce's. I feel like I'm just waiting to exhale.

Me too! I was just a young kid when he disappeared but I remember the news broadcasting like it was yesterday. Imagine what this poor guy in Surrey is going through, wondering if he has a whole different family out there for him that loves him unconditionally. What a roller coaster ride for everyone.

Sent from my C6506 using Tapatalk 2

I see his FB is back up and public. There's even a pic when he was a young boy with his mom. Maybe results have come back and it isn't MD. He really does look like BD.

Results are in for the DNA test. They have come back negative as our family had expected.
We have temporarily removed the ability for people to post on this page so that we can have some privacy at this time. We would like to thank all of you for your continued support for our family and for never loosing hope!

From FB

It's so sad... I knew in my heart it wasn't him but wouldn't it have been great.

Always praying for you little man...

It's really quite sad and disrespectful to the Dunahee family that the number of years Michael Dunahee has been missing has been reported wrong. IMO

http://www2.canada.com/news/bc/afte...cold+case+files/9871074/story.html?id=9871074

FWIW, the original article written by a Times Colonist reporter was titled "Victoria police cut cold cases, add domestic violence cops", it is a broader article than just about Michael. It is the canada.com site that grabs articles from various sources that gave it the incorrect title and someone did bad math and gave it a new title, there are no errors in the article itself...

Bump....

24 years ago today.
Has anyone read the book that was put out a while ago about Michael? I've only just started reading it, but I wonder how else we can get some more info on the case? I'm new to the websleuth community and would like to be able to look more into this case. I now reside in Victoria and think about Michael every time I'm in the vicinity of where he was taken from. I would like to help if I can.

Bump....

24 years ago today.
Has anyone read the book that was put out a while ago about Michael? I've only just started reading it, but I wonder how else we can get some more info on the case? I'm new to the websleuth community and would like to be able to look more into this case. I now reside in Victoria and think about Michael every time I'm in the vicinity of where he was taken from. I would like to help if I can.

Welcome to Ws Amyonsidewalks!
It would be wonderful if Michael could finally be located and reunited with his family.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddph
Back