CANADA Canada - Nicole Morin, 8, Toronto, 30 July 1985

Very sorry, would transcribe for you, but no secret my typing skills are horrid, will post transcript if I can find one.:facepalm:

No need to be sorry. :hug:

I was so hoping there was a break but it appears like nothing new. :(

Back to cologne: if you have seen "Budapest Hotel" the film the manager or whatever he is of the hotel the guy with old world values is said to be heavily scented in cologne more than anyone the young bell boy ever met in his life.

It fits my person at the Buckingham. As a type I mean. As always with these things no doubt I am way off.

So they are going to do a new reenactment re Nicole? I would like to know if her shoe was really found on the elevator. I would like to know about this cologne clue if you can call it that. I would like to know about the mystery woman is that still a viable direction? Also can they tell us more about the newspaper and bag found near the airport. Also did they really have a couple of very good suspects and what is the status of those suspects now? Can they be a bit clearer about the friend ringing etc. I am not sure why that is so confused and confusing. So her Dad will only talk to police now but I would like to know what his present thoughts are if possible. So a friend of Nicole's is now a police officer obviously that is great. Also the niece what does she think? Have police ruled out the Euro pedo conspiracy and the guy with the story about a "steak" named Nicole etc.?

Can anyone else add anything that would be useful to know if they do a new video? Yes was she left-handed hopefully that is not a secret. Yes that space in her teeth could that be corrected I would think yes?

Does LE still suspect someone in her building assuming they did.

Concerning teeth, wondered if she would be attended to for toothache ( keep her quiet ) rather than cosmetic purposes, Perhaps if kidnapped and alive, a dentist might recognize her teeth.

Sorry I don't know if she was right or left

Oops, sorry misread your post.
Wonder if many people living in NM's building worked at the airport?
Did anyone have regular limo drivers ?
High end hookers in building?

From CBC The National Online in last day:

Nicole Morin was just eight years old when she vanished from her Etobicoke apartment in July 1985.

Morin had told a friend, who was waiting in the building’s lobby, that she would come down and meet her. She never made it to the lobby.

Police invested more than 50,000 hours into the investigation, but failed to turn up any trace of Morin.

Wonder if media took that info from old sources or whether LE is now iterating that she never made it to the lobby. That is why I am interested in the shoe clue if correct.

Further from same article:

onst. Mellisa Elaschuck, now with Toronto Police Services, used to walk to school with Morin and was on hand for today’s announcement.

“There is something nice in knowing that I am still close to her case,” Elaschuk said.

“Somebody has an answer. Somebody knows where she is.”

Anyone know the reference where LE noticed smell of cologne I assume they mean on the penthouse floor of her apt. ? Or more generally? When was it first noticed?

If true what does it mean? To disguise what apt. she was taken into even briefly?

To disguise decay obviously this would have to be later.

To confuse police dogs?

If we accept the cologne clue (and I am not sure I have this right) AND the shoe clue (found in the apt. another floor I think but am not 100% certain) then most likely thing would be she was grabbed on her floor in the elevator and taken quickly into a nearby apt. that floor or a near by floor.

Of course the cologne could be a ruse as well or could mean nothing. Cologne for sure or could it be perfume?

Penthouse: I would think possibly the only means of egress would be the stairs the elevator or possibly some way up to the roof from there but I don't know. Stairs I think is best nobody uses the stairs much at that floor level.

There are people also who wear way too much perfume or cologne day after day they apply it not noticing themselves the smell more common back then.

Can anyone help?

Cologne Will look around to see if any other abductions are associated with heavy cologne, but in the meantime, maybe perp has some familiarity with dogs?

http://www.sarbc.org/sarbc/pdfs/doghand.pdf

"If a backup person goes out with the handler and do
g, they should not wear a cologne or
perfume, nor should smoking be permitted near the d
og.
Note the handlers transport area for the dog. If th
e dog rides in the car with the handler
there should be no air fresheners, as these will af
fect the dog's sense of smell"

Well, well...

http://voices.yahoo.com/kidnappers-ether-perfume-scam-claim-victims-7545568.html
bbm.

"Real or not, this new scam cooked up by kidnappers seems logical and dangerous and caution should be taken!

You know how people accost you in the parking lots of WalMarts, truck stops or shopping malls with spices, burritos and other wares they sell? Now, kidnappers are using a Perfume Scam to knock out people with Ether and grab them outside stores.

In an email sent to me just this morning it described how the plot to kidnap people works and I believe everyone should know that the threat and possibility exists in real life.

You're approached by a kid, a man or a woman who says they like your perfume or cologne. Then they want you to "smell" their samples of the colognes they are "selling." They hand you a card or paper with a supposed scent on it and ask you to sniff it. If you choose to do so, you're really sniffing Ether which will knock you out allowing the people to grab you."

That urban legend has been going around for a while now:

http://www.snopes.com/crime/warnings/perfume.asp

Sent from my HTC One SV using Tapatalk

Totally forgot about this thread on WS.

Chloroform Murders/Abductions - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Quite possibly an urban myth, but once upon a time, so were stories about human traffickers and pedophile sex rings..
Of course, the woman who may have been seen at the apt. building, might have been posing as a perfume/ makeup sales person, offering samples to delighted little girls. imo, fwiw.

Yes, the murderer was found eventually and convicted.

http://www.thecanadianencyclopedia.ca/en/article/parrots-killer-convicted/

Toronto is a very large city, but there are a number of unsolved disappearances of children on the books, and there was a very well known and particularly grusome and well remembered murder of a little 9 year-old girl which occurred there in 1983.

On January 31, 1983, Sharin Morningstar Keenan was abducted from Jean Sibelius park (in Toronto) by one Dennis Melvyn Howe, a drifter and convict on parole, who was living under one of his many aliases in Toronto. Howe raped and strangled Sharin and stuffed her body into a refrigerator before disappearing himself. He has yet to be apprehended. There is a separate thread on him in this forum.

On July 25, 1986, 11 year-old Alison Parrott met with a self proclaimed photographer who claimed that he wanted to photograph her for a track magazine. She was to meet him near Varsity Stadium (in Toronto) on the corner of Bedford and Bloor. Her body was found two days later in Kingsmill Park. She had been sexually assaulted and murdered. The murder was never solved.

A retired police officer and professer of criminoligy has started a new tv show in canada mostly maybe even all crimes from the toronto area all cold cases .It's a great new show it;s called to catch a killer its on the oprah winfrey network /OWN . I havn't seen every episode but I have seen a few and there pretty good. Nothing on this case though yet unfortunentlly... Maybe someone should write in to request a episode done on this case.

A retired police officer and professer of criminoligy has started a new tv show in canada mostly maybe even all crimes from the toronto area all cold cases .It's a great new show it;s called to catch a killer its on the oprah winfrey network /OWN . I havn't seen every episode but I have seen a few and there pretty good. Nothing on this case though yet unfortunentlly... Maybe someone should write in to request a episode done on this case.

Posted about that show on several threads, including Toronto Cold cases thread, here is a snippet of the show, featuring the Donna Awcock murder...

To Catch a Killer ~ Donna Awcock - YouTube

Thanks for that video Dotr good show. So this is offtopic just to say:

1. They didn't stress she was already terrified when she went to buy the cigarettes and newspaper articles say she looked like she had been crying.

2. The boys who found here one a former boyfriend: they are left off too easy just because they had a dog. Aren't cadaver dogs specially trained? The route they describe to a gravel pit then a road then a path then a dam - seems likes a little unlikely on a first foray. When one says that the killer would have to know the territory that seems honestly said though.

Only thing relevant to Nicole perhaps is the the +1 idea of a mileau. Probably on WS too often we think in terms of individuals. But the idea that if you find one sex killer there is another close by is probably true. Despite the ideals of the show DNA may not be foolproof. For example in the Wendy Tedford case they don't link DNA to her murder because she and her friend were clothed. Here it not 100% a sure thing that the DNA is that of the killer.

Of course with Nicole we are reduced to even far less evidence.

Another new video with Nicole's Father, interesting tidbits..

http://www.citynews.ca/2014/07/03/t...emerge-in-1985-disappearance-of-nicole-morin/
bbm.

" July 3, 2014

Police have new information they say could help them find Nicole Morin, an eight-year-old Toronto girl who went missing 29 years ago. Nicole’s father Art Morin still believes she will come home."

"On July 30, 1985, Nicole Morin left her apartment to go swimming with a friend and that was the last her family saw of her.

“Things that we’re looking into make me believe that there is a good possibility that we could find her and figure out where she is,” said Det.-Const. Kim Litster-MacLeod.

“The tips that we’ve gotten recently lead us to believe that there are certain areas that we should looking at.”

I doubt she is alive. My impression, as depressing as it is, is that she never made it out of the apartment building alive.

always possible they know more than us. the news that mom had a child come back after 15 years is big thing and california.........same place i think she could be

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fallon
Back