Found Safe Canada - O’Driscoll-Zak sisters, 2 & 5, abduction by aunt & grandmother, Cochrane, 12 Mar 2021

It sounds like the mother attended court from home via electronic weblink at 9:30AM. That is when she last saw the children at her home.

"The children, along with their aunt and grandmother were last seen at 9:30 a.m. Friday at the children's mother’s home in Cochrane and police are treating their disappearance as a criminal matter."
2 Alberta children believed abducted by grandmother and aunt, RCMP investigating

"Webex continues to be the default mode of hearing for all matters except trials, and jury selection. In person testimony in the courtroom may also be allowed by the Justice in certain circumstances, for example, where in person testimony is needed to adequately assess credibility, physical distancing can be maintained and court resources are available."

"Family Matters: All family matters in Edmonton and Calgary for which parties seek some sort of relief now must move through the Family Docket Court by way of Webex"​

FAQ

Correction regarding time that court starts:

"Effective August 4, 2020, Family Docket Court in Edmonton and Calgary will commence at 9:30 a.m. to enable more matters to be heard by the presiding triage Justice."
News & Announcements

Global reports the children were last seen at the grandmothers home, although not who claimed to have last seen them. I don’t think there’d be a reason for the children, aunt or the grandmother to be present at a court custody hearing via Webex. It wouldn’t surprise if they fled in advance, making it far more difficult for the RCMP to track them down and it was JOZ who claimed to have last seen them either when she dropped them off or left for work. The ex arrived later that day to pick them up according to media reports. I wonder, was he led to believe a friendly handoff would occur?

“According to police, five-year-old Leonine O’Driscoll-Zak and two-year-old Wyatt O’Driscoll-Zak were last seen at their grandmother’s rural home near Cochrane at about 9:30 a.m. on Friday, March 12...”
RCMP ‘imploring’ public to offer tips about disappearance of Cochrane-area children

Global reports the children were last seen at the grandmothers home, although not who claimed to have last seen them. I don’t think there’d be a reason for the children, aunt or the grandmother to be present at a court custody hearing via Webex. It wouldn’t surprise if they fled in advance, making it far more difficult for the RCMP to track them down and it was JOZ who claimed to have last seen them either when she dropped them off or left for work. The ex arrived later that day to pick them up according to media reports. I wonder, was he led to believe a friendly handoff would occur?

“According to police, five-year-old Leonine O’Driscoll-Zak and two-year-old Wyatt O’Driscoll-Zak were last seen at their grandmother’s rural home near Cochrane at about 9:30 a.m. on Friday, March 12...”
RCMP ‘imploring’ public to offer tips about disappearance of Cochrane-area children

I would expect that the mother is either on leave because of all the custody issues, or she's working from home. Everyone I know who can work from home is working from home at this time. I would be surprised if she was going to work at work.

I'm thinking that children, mother and aunt were all where the mother lives at 9:30AM. When the online court hearing began, the grandmother and aunt left with the children.

The problem is that both of their vehicles are at home - where ever that may be, so there's a third party who drove them somewhere.

If they were last seen at grandmother's home per one news article and at the mother's home per another, either the reporters made a mistake, or the mother was living with the grandmother - which I suspect is the situation.

"According to police, five-year-old Leonine O'Driscoll-Zak (left) and two-year-old Wyatt O'Driscoll-Zak (right) were last seen at their grandmother's rural home near Cochrane at about 9:30 a.m. on Friday, March 12. Supplied by RCMP"​

"The children, along with their aunt and grandmother were last seen at 9:30 a.m. Friday at the children's mother’s home in Cochrane and police are treating their disappearance as a criminal matter."
2 Alberta children believed abducted by grandmother and aunt, RCMP investigating

Last edited:
From post #1 -- seems that all except for dad live in the Cochrane area...

RCMP said five-year-old Leonine O'Driscoll-Zak and two-year-old Wyatt O'Driscoll-Zak are believed to be in the company of their grandmother, 68-year-old Therese O'Driscoll and their aunt, 38-year-old Alison O'Driscoll, all from the Cochrane area.

All four were last seen at approximately 9:30 a.m. on March 12 at the children's home, which is a rural residence in Cochrane.

RCMP said the disappearance of the children is currently being investigated as an abduction involving the grandmother and the aunt....”

I too would like to know when was the last time anyone outside of the mother and her family have seen these children... Obviously there was a plan in place to take them somewhere - otherwise the car wouldn't be left at the home. I feel so much for the dad. It is unfair; and it does hurt these children. :(

I was thinking of this case as I followed a parental abduction that unfolded tonight, and how an Amber Alert aided in resolving the drama (Bbm):

Austin Grabish
@AustinGrabish

Breaking: A rare Amber Alert has been issued by Winnipeg Police. They say two-year-old Theodore James Parenteau has been abducted. He is believed to be in the company of his mom Harlee Precious Wilson-Parenteau. Police ask you to call 911 if you spot the two. #cbcmb
@CBCAlerts
https://twitter.com/AustinGrabish/status/1377067003496775681?s=20

Austin Grabish
@AustinGrabish
Tonight’s Amber Alert is the very first one the Winnipeg police service has ever issued, Const. Rob Carver says. #cbcmb
https://twitter.com/AustinGrabish/status/1377086777886830592?s=20

Austin Grabish
@AustinGrabish

Police tell me the boy was abducted at 5:26 p.m. in Winnipeg this afternoon by his mother. A duty officer reiterates "there is an immediate threat to the child."
https://twitter.com/AustinGrabish/status/1377073078635741190?s=20

Austin Grabish
@AustinGrabish

Const. Rob Carver says the mother who allegedly abducted her two-year-old boy tonight from Winnipeg received the Amber Alert and then turned herself into Manitoba RCMP. He says it’s likely the Amber Alert that led to this outcome. #cbcmb
https://twitter.com/AustinGrabish/status/1377087548707663875?s=20

Austin Grabish
@AustinGrabish

Const. Rob Carver says Winnipeg police have trained for an Amber Alert and were ready for it though they’ve never issued one. He says he was surprised by the response from the public. The police 911 call centre got tons of tips from the public calling in. #cbcmb
https://twitter.com/AustinGrabish/status/1377088124145131521?s=20

Last edited:
I too would like to know when was the last time anyone outside of the mother and her family have seen these children... Obviously there was a plan in place to take them somewhere - otherwise the car wouldn't be left at the home. I feel so much for the dad. It is unfair; and it does hurt these children. :(

It's quite possible that the children vanished a few days earlier, and the mother lied. If that's the case, they could be anywhere.

I'm now thinking that the mother lied about the last time she saw the children. She provided that latest possible time that she saw them - 9:30AM - the time that she was due for an online court hearing. That gives the abductors the best possible head start.

I would like to know the last time that anyone saw Theresa O'Driscoll and Alison O'Driscoll. I hope that friends of the abductors have come forward to share what they know about them.

I'm now thinking that the mother lied about the last time she saw the children. She provided that latest possible time that she saw them - 9:30AM - the time that she was due for an online court hearing. That gives the abductors the best possible head start.

I would like to know the last time that anyone saw Theresa O'Driscoll and Alison O'Driscoll. I hope that friends of the abductors have come forward to share what they know about them.

Agreed. Also, if they disappeared at another time, noone will know what time frame to check for any video evidence close by; thereby giving the grandma/aunt a bigger advantage.

Agreed. Also, if they disappeared at another time, noone will know what time frame to check for any video evidence close by; thereby giving the grandma/aunt a bigger advantage.

Exactly - the more I think about it, the more I wonder whether a lawyer put them in touch with an underground organization that supports women who want to abduct children.

That’s what I was thinking too. If they fled earlier, when the RCMP checked neighbouring CCTV or highway cams in an effort to determine a vehicle they left in, there’s no known timeframe to go by. Then on March 12th if the custody ruling was held over to a future date or went differently, the four of them could’ve returned home and no one would’ve been the wiser.

Almost three weeks now, IMO it wasn’t a hasty last minute decision following the courts ruling. Prior rulings had pointed toward the mother losing custody. As it seems the father had been prevented access for many months, I wonder when was the last time anyone actually saw the children in and around Cochrane?

Last edited:
Exactly - the more I think about it, the more I wonder whether a lawyer put them in touch with an underground organization that supports women who want to abduct children.

Wouldn’t that be a risky thing to do, just as a favour to a desperate client? I think any lawyer would lose their licence to practise if that sort of illegal advice became known. The lawyer also loses a client as there’d be no fees/involvement in future custody hearings.

I’d imagine a significant amount of money must be involved if an underground organization supporting woman who abduct children exists. The risk of illegal activity is often only offset by a financial gain.

If this ongoing saga has been posted on FB in the past, who knows but it also could’ve represented an opportunity for somebody to make initial contact that way as well.

Maybe it’s my cautious nature but there’s so many scams out there that fall under the guise of “helping”. I’d be far more concerned about turning close relatives and children over to an underground group rather than the children’s father, especially in terms of overall future wellbeing of the children.

Adds new meaning to dad's initial concern whether they fled the country. :eek:

'Please bring them home': Father gives tearful plea for help to find daughters missing since Friday

“I’m just so worried about my children,” said Zak.
“I don’t know where my girls are. I don’t know if they’re close to here if they’re far. We don’t know if they fled the country.”

This photo of Theresa O'Driscoll is definitely from a warmer climate. RCMP should probably look in that area.

Therese-ODRISCOLL.jpg

Wouldn’t that be a risky thing to do, just as a favour to a desperate client? I think any lawyer would lose their licence to practise if that sort of illegal advice became known. The lawyer also loses a client as there’d be no fees/involvement in future custody hearings.

I’d imagine a significant amount of money must be involved if an underground organization supporting woman who abduct children exists. The risk of illegal activity is often only offset by a financial gain.

If this ongoing saga has been posted on FB in the past, who knows but it also could’ve represented an opportunity for somebody to make initial contact that way as well.

Maybe it’s my cautious nature but there’s so many scams out there that fall under the guise of “helping”. I’d be far more concerned about turning close relatives and children over to an underground group rather than the children’s father, especially in terms of overall future wellbeing of the children.

The underground movement that originated decades ago is to assist women, regardless of finances, abduct children from the custodial parent. I'm sure there is at least one lawyer who would assist with this, perhaps a lawyer who is not formally retained by the mother but who has association with the family.

It's possible that the four are no longer alive, but hopefully they are alive after being assisted by someone to hide.

Police clarify that abductors are receiving help from family members.

"Mounties believe the aunt and grandmother are receiving help from other family members when it comes to avoiding police.

Keibel said any information to help find the girls is needed.

“All I ask is that the public continues to provide information. It’s very important that even if it’s a seemingly minor detail that they do provide that information to police. It might just be the critical piece that allows investigators to further the investigation.”
MAR 30, 2021
Police say girls abducted by aunt, grandmother still missing

RCMP believe the children are fine, they just need to see it for themselves.

“There is definitely some custody issues,” said Nasheim. "At this time there’s no concern for the children safety it’s just that they need to check their welfare. It’s just a very volatile situation.”

Amber Alerts will only be issued if certain conditions are met, including if police believe abducted children to be in grave danger."
Calgary News | Local Breaking | CTV News Calgary

I wonder whether RCMP can state that the mother is cooperating.
We know that she has counsel so in my opinion, RCMP has probably said all they can after the initial statement to the effect of "ROZ says she has no knowledge of the whereabouts of the missing."

Her lawyer also indicated that "... because there is an open RCMP investigation underway, they would not comment on the matter in an effort to make sure that it would not compromise the case."

Search continues Tuesday for 2 girls missing from Cochrane, Alta.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back