CANADA Canada - Rachel Pernosky, 18, Mission, BC, 16 March 2013

I agree. I understand that police need to use certain tactics to get the offender but this poor women was murdered! She deserves justice and the rest of the community deserve to know whether they need to be concerned or not. I'd be freaking out if someone near me was murdered and the police say they have no suspects :/

Yes, exactly! Wow, Rachel was a stunner, wasn't she? I hope this case gets some "bumps" to help it forward. In the Kelly Dwyer case it's been a seemingly cold investigation but there have been some recently released search warrants that have blown it wide open, public wise. Maybe something like that needs to happen in Rachel's case. Just give the public some information to get some renewed interest and some possible new leads.

I found it telling how right off the bat the police say this was a targeted murder and other women don't need to worry. Doesn't LE usually only say this when the suspect is known to them, like the ex-husband? Not saying that's who it is, just using that as an example. Maybe they know more than we think and they are just trying to gather more evidence and at the same time keeping an eye on him. And yet, now they are saying they have no suspects? So should other women be worried now or not?

RCMP publicly stating they don't have a suspect could well be part of a disinformation campaign. IF they truly do NOT have a suspect, I'm pretty sure they would alert the public that this appears to have been a random attack and the community should be exercising caution. They may have a strong POI who, for investigative reasons, is being made feel comfortable with hearing there aren't any "suspects".

It is my observation that in cases where the RCMP have advised targeted = no cause for concern, the cases are usually solved in time. The fact they have not changed their initial statement to random = cause for concern leads me to believe they will once again "get their man".

Sorry if that all sounds uber-wordy, but you get the idea :)

:bump: for Rachel

Over a year and no news of an arrest in this case. Very sad !!

Could the Fraser Valley killer have moved on from luring and killing people like Victora Younker, Tammy Lee Pipe and Tracy Olajide from his killing spree in 1995 and now he for whatever reason thinks he can target, lure, and take the life of a young lady who has never appeared to knowingly put herself at risk?

How many unsolved homicides do,we have that are somehow linked to Mission Bc?

This case has shades of Victoria Lynn Younker as both are linked to Mission, both taken killed and dumped down embankments. Could it be the same perp? I cant rule it out. Anyone else? Someone mentioned serial killer. The Fraser Valley Killer? someone else mentioned that when she said it was awkward about about the cop and I agree it could be because she liked to smoke weed. could she of met someone to just grab a little and was unknownlingly target for something sinister?

I looked through Rachel's Twitter account and she posted for quite some time of stomach pain, sickness of some kind and sounds like maybe chronic pain. I wonder what was wrong with her health. I cam across this tweet too.

[video=twitter;309200936197312512]https://twitter.com/rachelapernosky/status/309200936197312512[/video].

And
@rachelapernosky: This is how I'm gonna spend my day being sick. On the couch watching movies cuddling my kitty and… http://t.co/IBbHdvEZ05

So Rachel was sick, in pain and immune system shot, she had just watched at school info on addictions that made her emotional, had a possible missed opportunity and for some reason was watching Christmas movies two weeks before her disappearance.

who is the man who offers opportunities to help heal the sick and addicted and was aslo in a very famous Christmas movie and has a residence in Mission BC?

One of my favourite Chrismas movies was Elf with Will Ferrell has anyone seen it? I bet Rachel saw it about two weeks before she was kidnapped and murdered.

If you know who murdered Rachel, please contact the RCMP IHIT tip line at (778) 290 5290, or Crimestoppers at (800) 222 8477. You can remain anonymous!!

I'm glad they've charged someone. This must be so difficult for her family to deal with though.
:(

I hope her young son is doing o.k.

Justice for rachel.
Justice for rachel.
Justice for rachel.

Oh man, I don't believe we heard the details of the second charge before:

http://www.abbynews.com/news/384582661.html

Matthew Joseph Pernosky, a 31-year-old Richmond resident, has been charged with second degree murder, as well as a second charge of indignity to a body by having sexual contact with and disposing of the body.

'We always knew': Young mother's half-brother admits to killing her 5 years ago

On Monday, Matthew Pernosky pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in her death inside of a New Westminster courtroom. Rachel’s family learned of the planned plea just two days before the accused’s trial was to begin.

“We were all very relieved,” Rachel’s sister Brittany Pernosky told CTV Vancouver outside the courthouse. “My mom was emotionally exhausted. She was talking to me a few days before that saying she was just drained from the whole experience.”

Brittany Pernosky said the family wasn’t surprised by Matthew Pernosky’s plea.

So sorry for what Rachel's loved ones have been going through and what they will continue to live with.
<hugs>

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back