Identified! Canada - Regina, SK, WhtMale 720UMSK, 20-30, hit by train, Jul'95 - Michael Kirov (Lewis)

He is not the UID. I don't think the UID was even reported. Here is an e-mail from today:

Actually Dana,
When I saw the photo you sent I recognized MATHESON. We have eliminated him already by dental records.
Thanks for your suggestion though.
D/Cst. Michelle Solomon #480
Missing Person Coordinator
Regina Police Service

He is not the UID. I don't think the UID was even reported. Here is an e-mail from today:

Actually Dana,
When I saw the photo you sent I recognized MATHESON. We have eliminated him already by dental records.
Thanks for your suggestion though.
D/Cst. Michelle Solomon #480
Missing Person Coordinator
Regina Police Service

Thanks for the update Danaya and also thanks for caring enough to follow up on it. Maybe the UID was reported at one time and removed for some reason? :blowkiss:

It is possible that Donald did not leave Canada as reported by his companion and because of his lifestyle, there appears to have been some emotional distress - perhaps he made the choice to end his life by standing in the path of an oncoming train - a split second decision - an opportunity presented itself. How very, very sad.

I think we have to keep in mind that since he was hit by a train traveling 70 KM the computerized image but not even be completely accurate. I like this as a match except he has a mole on his neck, a scar on his abdomen and a tonsilectomy. He also may have had tubes inserted into his ears. Also, Izzet was gay from what I've gathered after reading his charley project, he had an abusive partner. His Mother and the police did not determine how he supported himself financialy which leads me to think that he may have been involved in something less than... let's just say professional. He was last known to be living with an elederly man. The UID talked about breaking up with a women named Kathy, I don't think he was gay.

Oh - this is interesting - a quick whitepages.com search comes up with this: Donald Lee Izzett age 33 - addresses in Frostburg, MD and Cumberland, MD - is Donald Lee Izzett really missing??????:waitasec:

I knew about the recordings and listened for the first time.
What do you mean, could go either way?

Oh - this is interesting - a quick whitepages.com search comes up with this: Donald Lee Izzett age 33 - addresses in Frostburg, MD and Cumberland, MD - is Donald Lee Izzett really missing??????:waitasec:

Oooh good sleuther! I wonder, is that the misisng man's middle name? Maybe you can forward that to the detective in charge of his case? That's all we can do... unless you phone him! Maybe you should just forward it to the detective. That could be creepy just calling and asking, "Excuse me were you ever missing?"

Very interesting!

You "guys" are great here at finding stuff!

I knew about the recordings and listened for the first time.
What do you mean, could go either way?

Well, listening to the audio about Kathy, one could take it as UID had a heterosexual realtionship with her, or, he had some emotional bond with her - even gay men have close female friends/confidants - perhaps she betrayed his trust rather than his love?

The audio mentioned UID's familiarity with College Campus life - Donald Lee Izzett had attended Frostburg State Univeristy as a freshmen - being gay, he likely ran up against a lot of homophobia there and perhaps compelled him to leave?

Audio also intimated that UID was not used to hitchhiking and life on the streets - Donald Lee Izzett associated himself with people that could take care of him with money and life comforts. The silver pen that was mentioned in the written statements may have been a gift from an older admirer?

Audio mentioned family problems and UID's unwillingness to discuss his family - Donald Lee Izzett did come from a well known and fairly prominent Cumberland, MD family - his lifestyle may not have been accepted by his family?

I will call the investigator in Donald Lee Izzett's case and inform them of this interesting listing on Whitepages - it may be a relative but the age 33 would match his current age - who knows??

What about the identifying marks on Izzett? I was unable to hear all of the recordings since my laptop doesn't have very good volume control and I found some of them to be very low, did you hear them all? From what I heard the UID was concerned with money and power, atleast that's what the traveling companion thought. As for submitting Izzett, I have submitted three that were wrong and I sort of feel like a bother... is that weird? Maybe if you strongly feel that he is a match you could send it in, just explain that you are a volunteer of Websleuths and we are discussing the case or something? I've also considered that if I decide I think this UID has never been reported missing, placing ads on local websites across Canada that run community notices. We have a kijiji here.

I think it better to check to see if Izzett is alive or still missing first, which I'll call on tomorrow. Since we have no details on the condition of UID's remains after having been hit by a moving train, some details such a a mole of the neck may have been missed. I also doubt the Coroner would take x-rays of the body to determine if he had previous broken bones - I would think the trauma to the body would have been extreme - can tubes in the ear canal be seen from close external visual exam - I don't know?

I will research that on wikipedia or something when I have more time. The detective told me in an e-mail that him never been reported missing was a possibility that they are really considering. I suggested asking our local homeless shelter for records for those few days, because, where else would the UID stay? Unfortunately they are probably not even kept or he probably gave a fake name. Strange a young man from a well to do family would not be reported missing.

Sometimes wealthy, powerful families completely disown a family member because of pride, etc. - perhaps a reason why UID was not subject of a missing persons report? Perhaps a canvassing of exclusive private schools from Ontario to the Maritimes may produce a clue?

I had remembered reading somewhere that his name may have been Brian and he was from Ontario. I just found the link that has this information. It is from the Saskatchewan Assosiation of Chiefs of Police website. There is some information on there that is different from other sites. It mentions that he may have been heavier at one time because of stretch marks on both sides of his navel. Here is the link.

http://www.sacp.ca/missing/details.php?id=97

I have searched for missing Brians from Ontario and the only one i can find is Brian Joseph Dunlop missing from North Bay since June 2, 1994. He is 5 years older than the upper estimated age of J.D. and i am not sure about resemblance, but it does mention that he was known to hitchhike and hop trains to travel around the country and he may have travelled to Western Canada. He left with a packsac. He was a solvent abuser at the time and was missing an upper front tooth. I am not sure if he is a strong candidate as a match for J.D. but interesting none the less.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1638dmon.html

Possibility - though the traveling companion of the UID made no mention of substance abuse. The condition of Brian's teeth would seem out of character with the information on the UID's conscientious attention to his personal hygiene.

Possibility - though the traveling companion of the UID made no mention of substance abuse. The condition of Brian's teeth would seem out of character with the information on the UID's conscientious attention to his personal hygiene.

I agree, unless the traveling partner was just totaly making stuff up I don't think the UID would have been using drugs without the traveling partnet noticing. Also since he had decaying teeth that would probably be a red alert to the coroner that he was a transient and/or addict. Also the scar on his finger and the missing tooth... I'm not sure if it would have been noticeable after the train hit him... I guess it's a "possibility" but I don't think it is. He doesn't have dentals available, I wonder how they would test.

I am thinking about posting some sort of ad on community websites when I have more time... I imagine it will take hours considering I will be searching for websites but I'll probably use kijiji. I think the police have hit a lot of dead ends while looking through missing persons databases, all of the matches I sent it were tried already.

I had remembered reading somewhere that his name may have been Brian and he was from Ontario. I just found the link that has this information. It is from the Saskatchewan Assosiation of Chiefs of Police website. There is some information on there that is different from other sites. It mentions that he may have been heavier at one time because of stretch marks on both sides of his navel. Here is the link.

http://www.sacp.ca/missing/details.php?id=97

I have searched for missing Brians from Ontario and the only one i can find is Brian Joseph Dunlop missing from North Bay since June 2, 1994. He is 5 years older than the upper estimated age of J.D. and i am not sure about resemblance, but it does mention that he was known to hitchhike and hop trains to travel around the country and he may have travelled to Western Canada. He left with a packsac. He was a solvent abuser at the time and was missing an upper front tooth. I am not sure if he is a strong candidate as a match for J.D. but interesting none the less.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1638dmon.html

So Ryno, you were right then, Matheson isn't our UID...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix
Back