Identified! Canada - Rosedale, Toronto, BlkFem (Afr mix), 4-7, in constr dumpster, PMI sum/fall'21, 2 May 2022 - Neveah Tucker

Noting and cross-posting links, hope this child will be identified too.

rbbm
“We will continue to work closely with our partners to investigate the circumstances leading up to Neveah’s death and the subsequent disposal of her body,” Idsinga said. “At this time, no arrests have been made and no charges have been laid.”

Police believe that Neveah, who was born on May 18, 2017, possibly in Toronto, died in 2021 and her remains were dumped sometime last year between April 28 at noon and May 2 at 4:45 p.m., just weeks before what would have been her fifth birthday.''

Last edited:
''Jun 29, 2023 rbbm

''In an effort to identify the girl, police released a composite sketch. They also commenced genetic genealogy – which uses DNA to identify possible family members.

What ultimately led to her identification, Idsinga said, was a combination of a tip they received from the community and genetic genealogy.

"We're making very good progress with the genetic genealogy. And as I've said before, it's a very time-consuming process. It can take years, but I was always confident that it would get us answers," he said.

"The intersection of genetic genealogy and the investigative work that sprung from the tip was on a bit of a collision course. So they've lined up quite nicely with each other. So a lot of work was put into both avenues and came together today to where we are now."

Idsinga would not elaborate on the tip police received, which was one of dozens they got over the course of the investigation. He did say that the piece of information wasn't very specific, but it pointed them to a possible lead.

"It actually did identify somebody else as being the potential victim, but the windfall from that tip ended up taking us in the right direction," Idsinga said.

"And we're very grateful to the person who did call in and provide us with information. It gave us that little jigsaw puzzle piece, and we were able to build from there."

As for the next steps of the investigation, Idsinga said police will be speaking to family members. When asked what would happen to the remains, he noted that it would depend on what comes out of the interviews.

"We have to, as part of our investigation, interview family, different family members, and see if there is a claim to the remains, whether any social agencies will step up, and we'll determine what happens with those remains down the road," Idsinga said. "So hopefully, we get some answers over the next few weeks to see where that goes."

Last edited:
I’m so curious about what the tip was that made the vague but helpful information they were tracking down intersect with the genetic testing investigation route. It seems like something that will be interesting if (and hopefully when, because that will likely only be after they arrest someone) they can reveal the full story.

Last edited:

I am confused, because the age of the little girl doesn't fit at all, but it looks like "our" Neveah, only younger.
When I googled the boyfriend with his aliases and when I put a "Porsche Cayenne" to his name, I got a car sale Da..s in Lethbridge/Alberta. So I hopped from Florida to Canada in a flash, maybe coincidentially of course. ;) I need a little helper, I think. Is there some connection or not?
I found this as well, however, the name is extremely common. I actually found quite a few girls with the same name.

I’m so curious about what the tip was that made the vague but helpful information they were tracking down intersect with the genetic testing investigation route. It seems like something that will be interesting if (and hopefully when, because that will likely only be after they arrest someone) they can reveal the full story.

I'm really curious as well. The tip pointed to a potential victim who turned out not to be the victim, yet it took them in an investigative direction that helped solve the case.

The articles don’t say how LE identified the mother. Was her DNA on record?

When this first happened, didn’t people see a high end car speeding away from the site?

The child's DNA would have led to a relative, or relatives, on either her mother's side or her father's side. Mom's DNA wouldn't have had to be on file.

Police investigative work from there would have narrowed down who first one of the parent's was, and, as a result, who the other parent was. Witnesses/acquaintances could have contributed to determining who the bio mom was, or LE may have surrepticiously, or by request, obtained mom's DNA for final confirmation. It's difficult to know how the investigation played out once they got leads from the genetic genealogy test/research.

I'm really curious as well. The tip pointed to a potential victim who turned out not to be the victim, yet it took them in an investigative direction that helped solve the case.
Just speculation, imo. fwiw.

Wondering if the colourful material wrapped around the child was recognized as a design associated with a particular community or ethnicity?

Wearing a scarf given to me from a friend who had been travelling to various countries, i was approached by someone who was all happy and excited about the scarf because its particular design was unique to their village 'back home.'

Maybe the tip concerned the cloth, which narrowed down a region and a further combination of DNA and LE investigations led to the name?
1688140936622.png

Maybe a sibling who hasn't been seen in a long time, or a tip about the mom losing contact with the family ... something close to the actual story could lead investigators to this child. Just trying to come up with a plausible scenario.

Given that he said it intersected with the genealogical path, I was wondering if it was someone like a building superintendent who might see kids in the hallway/playing outside or an educator at something like EarlyON, where kids can drop in and out without regular attendance being expected - someone saying a little girl matching that description hasn’t been seen in awhile, but without many details. Perhaps whatever DNA tests they ran initially didn’t immediately point to close relatives (because they weren’t in the system), but did point to what her ethnic/national background might be. If the tip pointed the police to a child and caregiver in a community heavily populated by the same ethnicity, they may have uncovered information about Neveah being missing when they were following up leads about the tipster’s suspected little girl, who ultimately ended up being alive.

Last edited:
The scarf posted by dotr above is unique. Are there any other photos of the other wrappings that LE spoke of?

Regarding the tip to LE, I’m more inclined to think it came from someone in Neveah’s circle who noticed she was missing.JMO

The scarf posted by dotr above is unique. Are there any other photos of the other wrappings that LE spoke of?

Regarding the tip to LE, I’m more inclined to think it came from someone in Neveah’s circle who noticed she was missing.JMO
Is it that unique? Looks like something I've been seeing versions of in Tree of Life shops out here in Australia since I was a teenager. Modern hippie stuff, often marketed to white people, not necessarily connected to the culture or designs it was inspired by or appropriated from.

MOO

I am confused, because the age of the little girl doesn't fit at all, but it looks like "our" Neveah, only younger.
When I googled the boyfriend with his aliases and when I put a "Porsche Cayenne" to his name, I got a car sale Da..s in Lethbridge/Alberta. So I hopped from Florida to Canada in a flash, maybe coincidentially of course. ;) I need a little helper, I think. Is there some connection or not?
i cant find a date on that article. if it coincided w her age, then possibly.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back