Canada - Rosemarie 'Kim' Junor, 28, stabbed to death, Toronto, 11 Dec 2015

IMHO there are a few cryptic things in the information available:

- looking at her linkedin profile page, she seems to have had no steady employment since graduating. The only thing confirmed is her education at York. She vaguely mentions briefly being a head of a 'mining company' that she doesn't name.

From the Star http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2015/12/14/toronto-police-id-suspect-in-unprovoked-path-stabbing.html

-despite being unemployed, police describe her as regularly frequenting the financial district in Toronto. What does she do when she frequents the area?

-the police mention where she frequents, but not the area where she lives - what is her fixed address? Does she have one? Does she live with anyone? Why no appeals from family for her to turn herself in?

She's described as being very petite, and dressed in dark, common business attire. IMO it would be easy for her to go unnoticed. She was carrying a coat over her arm, what looks like a purse and another bag - all of which could have hidden her weapon and any possible blood.

My theory is that the Path, stores, and coffee shops might be her second home, possibly the place she spends most of her time. She is carefully made up to look as though she has business there, but does not. (Maybe pretending to go to work every day?) I think the police might find her eventually in a coffee shop acting as if nothing was amiss. Or, as we're close to Christmas, she'll show up at a relatives home.

It's easy to lose yourself in the underground paths. A few years ago a teen patient went missing from Sick Kids hospital and was seen heading into the Path. My nephew was at Sick Kids at the time, so a number of my family went to look for the teen. Dozens of police and volunteers went looking for him and I think it took about 10 hours to eventually find him, and only because he called a family member.
Some rumours in comments section of news links, suggest that she may be known to hang out regularly in coffee shops in the downtown area alone with her computer...
speculation.imo.

Some rumours in comments section of news links, suggest that she may be known to hang out regularly in coffee shops in the downtown area alone with her computer...
speculation.imo.

Theory question - hanging out using available wifi?

ETA: the obvious answer is yes (I'm slow to catch on!)

Wondering where she might go, and what the alleged perp might do at this point?
Considering that the financial district, where RB. is known to frequent, is close to Lake Ontario, maybe that is where she might be heading.....?
speculation, imo.

Oh, I hadn't considered this - were you speculating she might head there to commit suicide?

Arrested!
http://www.citynews.ca/2015/12/15/w...empted-murder-in-shoppers-drug-mart-stabbing/

"The victim remains in hospital with critical injuries.

Rohinie Bisesar, 40, was arrested on Tuesday afternoon and charged with attempted murder, aggravated assault and carrying a concealed weapon.

Bisesar is scheduled to appear in court on Wednesday.

Police are not releasing the name of the victim but did say she was “significantly” younger than the suspect."

“I’ve seen her for a couple of months,” said Heather Thomas, the assistant manager at a Yonge and King Street Starbucks. “She was very antisocial.”

She said, nearly every day, Bisesar would “come in and always get an ice water or a tall pike coffee and would sit at a laptop turned away from the wall.”

“We knew that something was off because she would stand at the cash and give us a blank stare,” said Thomas.

On occasion, staff would prompt Bisesar to respond and it would take her some time to respond. The same would happen at a Starbucks further up Yonge Street that Thomas said Bisesar also frequented.

At both locations, Thomas said Bisesar never offered details about her personal life or talked with other patrons so they were stunned when police visited the café to ask about the suspect.

“I wouldn’t think she would be involved in a stabbing because she was very private,” Thomas said.
http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...t-woman-in-connection-with-path-stabbing.html

I wonder how she can afford to have a computer and sit at Starbucks every day? Is she living with parents or relatives or a boyfriend?

I hope the young woman pulls through.

The most important thing of all, is for the young female victim, whomever she might be, to pull through!
Hoping with all my heart, that she will be healed.

:heartbeat:

Just catching up on this case now.

It hits somewhat close to home as I was in Toronto on business the day before, walking above ground, before deciding that I needed something from a drug/beauty store and headed underground to the Path. (Plus I am a member of the Women in Capital Markets LinkedIn group, as is the suspect.) The entire financial district has its own culture...I think she just pretended to be part of it because that is likely what she told her family. She dressed the part and went to the zone.

Clearly there is something unstable about this woman.

My thoughts are with the victim who was only going about her daily business. How sad!

From the National Post:
http://news.nationalpost.com/news/canada/rohinie-bisesar-arrested-and-charged-with-attempted-murder
But according to one friend, the life Bisesar lived online was largely a mirage, at least in recent years. Karl Gutowski has known Bisesar for eight years. He said Tuesday she struggled to find work after completing her MBA in 2007. Bisesar, 40, networked hard, he said, but could never land anything for more than a few months at a time.

‘She seemed very sweet but odd’
And in the past several years, Gutowski said, Bisesar’s mental health had deteriorated. She was hospitalized in 2014. She was alienated from her family and she appeared to be increasingly paranoid.

“She’s a sweet person,” Gutowski said. But lately, “she seemed very sweet but odd.”

Police say Bisesar was arrested Tuesday at approximately 3:05 p.m. Ten minutes earlier, someone using Bisesar’s personal email address sent a message to the National Post.

Gutowski’s confirmed that the email address is authentic and that Bisesar had been using it Tuesday. But the Post could not independently confirm that the message came from her.

The email opens with a plea:

“Do you know any top professionals in artificial intelligence, biotechnology, nanotechnology, satellites?” it said. “Maybe Military. Maybe Government?

“Something has been happening to me and this is not my normal self and I would like to know who and why this is happening. There is either a single person or more responsible and who and why would be nice to know.”

It then goes on to address the stabbing.

“I am sorry about the incidence,” the email said. “I felt the need to be extreme to see if it would work. I would normally not do such a thing.”

Wow! It sounds like this woman simply lost touch with reality. (Not a justification for her terrible actions!)

Poor woman, it sounds like she has a serious mental illness... Paranoid delusions. Schizophrenia, maybe. I hope she gets the treatment she needs.

Why is there a publication ban on the victim's identity, is that unusual?

http://www.citynews.ca/2015/12/16/w...drug-mart-stabbing-to-appear-in-court-friday/
rbbm

Rohinie Bisesar, 40, appeared briefly in court on Wednesday. She appeared calm in the courtroom and outside, her lawyer Calvin Barry briefly spoke to reporters.
The Crown requested a three-day investigative hold, meaning Bisesar will remain in custody while the investigation continues.

Her bail hearing will now be on Friday, one week after the alleged crime.

snip>

There is a publication ban on the victim’s name. There is no known relationship between the two women

Could the victim be a minor? I don't know why else there would be a publication ban.

"People have commented that they're shocked and taken aback by this, and this is not her demeanour," Barry told reporters as he left a court appearance Wednesday.

He said he hasn't had much time to get to know his client, but that she seemed upset by the attention from the media.

"She's been basically a deer in the headlights because it's all happening so quickly."

However, he said police have told him that she's co-operating with their investigation.

Bisesar is expected to return to court on Friday, after police and the Crown have had time to gather evidence.

He said the Crown will contest grounds for bail, arguing that his client may flee the jurisdiction or commit further offences. The Crown will also argue that she shouldn't be released because the allegations "are just so horrific," he said.

Barry said he will argue that his client should be granted bail, with a series of conditions to protect the public and to ensure that she returns to court. He said she has no prior criminal record or outstanding charges.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/toronto-stabbing-suspect-has-impressive-resume-1.2702557
rbbm.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back