Canada - Rosemarie 'Kim' Junor, 28, stabbed to death, Toronto, 11 Dec 2015

"People have commented that they're shocked and taken aback by this, and this is not her demeanour," Barry told reporters as he left a court appearance Wednesday.

He said he hasn't had much time to get to know his client, but that she seemed upset by the attention from the media.

"She's been basically a deer in the headlights because it's all happening so quickly."

However, he said police have told him that she's co-operating with their investigation.

Bisesar is expected to return to court on Friday, after police and the Crown have had time to gather evidence.

He said the Crown will contest grounds for bail, arguing that his client may flee the jurisdiction or commit further offences. The Crown will also argue that she shouldn't be released because the allegations "are just so horrific," he said.

Barry said he will argue that his client should be granted bail, with a series of conditions to protect the public and to ensure that she returns to court. He said she has no prior criminal record or outstanding charges.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/toronto-stabbing-suspect-has-impressive-resume-1.2702557
rbbm.
This woman needs a psych hold not bail for cripes sake.
I'm getting a feeling the victim was a minor. This is such a terrible tragedy. I hope it doesn't get compounded by bailing this woman.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

"People have commented that they're shocked and taken aback by this, and this is not her demeanour," Barry told reporters as he left a court appearance Wednesday.

He said he hasn't had much time to get to know his client, but that she seemed upset by the attention from the media.

"She's been basically a deer in the headlights because it's all happening so quickly."

However, he said police have told him that she's co-operating with their investigation.

Bisesar is expected to return to court on Friday, after police and the Crown have had time to gather evidence.

He said the Crown will contest grounds for bail, arguing that his client may flee the jurisdiction or commit further offences. The Crown will also argue that she shouldn't be released because the allegations "are just so horrific," he said.

Barry said he will argue that his client should be granted bail, with a series of conditions to protect the public and to ensure that she returns to court. He said she has no prior criminal record or outstanding charges.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/toronto-stabbing-suspect-has-impressive-resume-1.2702557
rbbm.

IMO Barry's argument for her release is just the standard, cookie-cutter response from a court-appointed lawyer. I think the Crown will say RB has no real ties to the community, is a flight risk, and recommend a psychiatric assessment/hold.

MSM reported:

-RB is estranged from her family
-was hospitalized in 2014 for psychiatric reasons
-not employed, track record of not being able to hold down a job
-few resources, was relying on the kindness of at least one friend for financial support
-RB wrote an email following the attack to a major newspaper which, IMO demonstrates her thinking to be delusional
-flight risk: fled the scene, was at large for four days until she was apprehended

Speculation on my part: I'm wondering if the victim might be a Shopper's Drug Mart employee. Someone in a uniform (lab coat?), and it was the uniform that factored into the attack by RB.

IMO Barry's argument for her release is just the standard, cookie-cutter response from a court-appointed lawyer. I think the Crown will say RB has no real ties to the community, is a flight risk, and recommend a psychiatric assessment/hold.

MSM reported:

-few resources, was relying on the kindness of at least one friend for financial support
-RB wrote an email following the attack to a major newspaper which, IMO demonstrates her thinking to be delusional
-flight risk: fled the scene, was at large for four days until she was apprehended

Speculation on my part: I'm wondering if the victim might be a Shopper's Drug Mart employee. Someone in a uniform (lab coat?), and it was the uniform that factored into the attack by RB.

rbbm.
Bingo! wondering the same thing, if so, maybe she was in the drugstore to get meds in the first place, imo speculation.

LE did say there was a considerable age difference. I was thinking the victim is 20 or so. She possibly could be a teenager. She might also want privacy.
Has anything been released on how to victim is doing? I hope she has improved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CBC - police are trying to locate the weapon used in the attack, bail hearing to be held in early January.

http://www.cbc.ca/1.3367373

ETA: According to the article above, the victim is listed in critical condition.

Her and her loved ones are in my thoughts.

MSM reported:

From the email:
"I would like to know who and why this is happening. There is either a single person or more responsible and who and why would be nice to know."

I don't think she sounds quite right either. I'm concerned about her getting out on bail - does she have a place to stay? Are we sure she's safe? Shouldn't she be getting help?

Your speculation sounds like a possibility to me. I've seen patients (very few, not a common sight ime) get angry and unreasonable with doctors or clinicians.

There is a publication ban in the case and we won't hear the name of the victim. On CP24 there were photos of the victim with her face blocked. She was new to Canada and was starting a new life here, as per CP24.

Another stabbling?

Cancer researcher victim of random stabbing near Ryerson
A possible robbery gone wrong ended the life of Mark Ernsting; a 21-year-old man previously known to police is in custody.

RIP Mark.

The alleged perp. then went on to attack a woman..

"About an hour after Ernsting was killed, Worden said a suspect who was “known to police” was arrested a few kilometres away following another violent street robbery near Yonge St. and Summerhill Ave. The second incident was “similar in nature” to the attack that claimed Ernsting’s life, but the alleged victim involved was a middle-aged woman - she was taken to hospital, treated and released.

Calvin Michael Nimoh, 21, of Toronto, is charged with second-degree murder."
rbbm.
http://www.torontosun.com/2015/12/16/man-dead-in-downtown-stabbing-near-yonge-and-gerrard

Some days it feels like we are all dodging bullets, random punches and stabbings on the street, how can people protect themselves legally?
imo, speculation.

I don't know what the woman in Shoppers could possibly have done. It sounds like it happened within a second and with no warning.

Toronto Police Service: Protect Yourself

Outdoors
Tell others where you're are going and when you are expected to return. Arrange to check in with them if you want.
Walk with purpose. Be alert and aware of your surroundings at all times
Follow the safest route possible. Walk on the side of the street where you can best see around you.
Have your house keys or car keys ready in your hand
Avoid overburdening yourself with parcels. Carry your purse close to your but do not wrap it around your neck, shoulder or hand.
If you suspect you are being followed, cross the street and go directly to the nearest well lit or populated area. If you still feel you are being followed, turn and in a loud voice say, "Stop following me." Go to an occupied building or flag down a taxi and ask the driver to call the police.
Never be afraid to draw attention to the fact that you feel at risk.
Carry only the cash and credit cards that you need
It is dangerous to hitch-hike or get into a car with a driver who is asing directions.

If you are assaulted
There is no right or wrong response to a sexual assault situation. You must use your own judgemnt in deciding what to do.
Purses and valuables can be replaced. It is not worth risking personal injury for property.
Remember that surprise and speed can be used in your favour. Run and yell if there is an opportunity.
Call the police as soon as possible.
Try to remember points of identification about the suspect and, if possible, write this information down while it is fresh in your memory.
Consider taking a self defence course that teaches awareness, avoidance and action.

^There are more lists and examples on the site, and I'm sure there's more out there. This was just the first thing to come up on Google.

I've heard of a few self-defence classes and workshops around the city. I think Newsgirls (boxing gym for women) ones run specifically for victims of domestic violence.

Thanx again blue ---very bizaire my first thought was adultry??

me
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...ection-with-random-toronto-stabbing-1.3362888
attachment.php

"Toronto police are asking for the public's help in finding a woman who allegedly stabbed another woman for no apparent reason inside a pharmacy at Bay and Wellington Streets Friday.

The alleged perpetrator brought a knife into the store and then stabbed another woman "without provocation" on Friday around 2:55 p.m., police said in a media release Saturday.

The incident happened inside the Shoppers Drug Mart in the underground PATH system in the TD Centre, police say."

I would think , becasue it is so random bail not lilely .

Humm financial advisor --could the woman have messer her up $$$$$$$$$$ wise?

Recently a mother's throat was slit as she was standing in the frozen food aisle. It was random. The mom died and her children were with her. The perpetrator wanted to go into a local market and stab as many people as she could. It's things like this that make me jumpy in public. But if you look at the photo, the perpetrator looks clearly deranged. (Unlike the case on this thread).
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3204580/Mother-5-dies-stabbing-supermarket-Maine.html

Much easier to "get" this one - just like Dear !

Could the victim be a minor? I don't know why else there would be a publication ban.

That was my thoughts right away ...this crazed woman stabbed a child. I dont care what her mental status is ..of course she would post some lame *advertiser censored* excuse after wards, so can't be that crazy. Hope she gets locked up for life at least.

It's even more sad that the
victim could be new to Canada. How horrific. Scary enough to be in a new country. Who knows what country she may have came from if in fact true. She could have come to Canada to flee violence. All IMO. I pray she recovers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back