Still Missing Canada - Sheree Fertuck, 51, Kenaston, Sask, 7 Dec 2015 *estranged husband arrested in 2019*

Gregory Mitchell Fertuck was arrested Monday and charged with first-degree murder in connection with the December 2015 death of the 51-year-old mother of three. He was also charged with one count of committing an indignity to human remains, according to RCMP Supt. Derek Williams.

He was arrested Monday around 6:30 p.m. without incident on the outskirts of Saskatoon, Williams said. He is scheduled to appear Wednesday morning in Saskatoon provincial court.

...SBM

Williams said it is “rare” that a first-degree murder charge is laid without a body being found but that there have been successful prosecutions in similar situations. The search for her remains is ongoing, Williams added.

Gregory Fertuck charged with murder in 2016 death of estranged wife Sheree Fertuck near Saskatoon

A Saskatchewan man accused of murdering his estranged wife is the latest Canadian to find himself behind bars at the hands of "Mr. Big": the name given to a controversial undercover police tactic that law enforcement agencies across the country have used in efforts to move cold cases forward.

The operations involve police posing as criminals in an attempt to obtain a confession from a suspect.

According to police, Greg Fertuck told an undercover officer that he "got rid of" his estranged wife, Sheree Fertuck, and threw her in the bush.

She has been missing since her semi-truck was found abandoned at a gravel pit near Kenaston, Sask., in December 2015.

Although her body has never been found, Greg Fertuck was arrested and charged with first-degree murder in late June 2019.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sask...wan-greg-fertuck-rcmp-police-canada-1.5388277

"I made it up, and we went out supposedly looking for the body. Well, there is no body, so we just drove around to these different places, because it was all BS," said Fertuck in an interview with CBC News.

"I didn't kill her and there was no body out there."
upload_2019-12-9_11-48-26.jpeg
Fertuck's claim goes straight to the heart of the controversy over the Mr. Big technique. Critics say it can violate the principles of confession law by creating a culture of fear, and may heighten the risk of false confessions.

There have also been accusations it preys on the vulnerabilities of suspects with financial problems or addictions.
But for families of victims whose cases have gone cold, Mr. Big stings can be the only way to see charges laid and justice for their loved ones.

Sheree Fertuck's sister, Michelle Kish, is happy to see progress on the case.

"I think because they are controversial I'm really crossing my fingers and hoping that [the RCMP] did it all the right ways, and did it legally … so that it can be admissible in court," she said.

"You get one kick at the cat, right? So I really think that they know what they are doing."
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/sask...wan-greg-fertuck-rcmp-police-canada-1.5388277

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back