CANADA - shooter in RCMP vehicle and uniform, 23 killed - Portapique, NS *suspect dead*

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/nova-scotia-tick-tock-murder-rampage-1.5539000
''Karen Casey is the deputy premier of Nova Scotia and the MLA for the area. She said there likely will be more crime scenes identified in the days ahead.

"While we're in that time of uncertainty, the stress level is very high," she said.

"Nobody knows at this point what motivated the shooter ... that's for the investigation to try and unravel. There are many families whose lives are scarred and those scars will never heal."

nova-scotia-shooting-timeline.jpg

My condolences to the families and friends of the victims.
Precious lives lost to a maniac.
Why can't these monsters start with themselves ?

So his wife left him and he started by killing her and her new boyfriend ?
Maybe she was right to leave him !
And she knew him for what he was ?

Didn't he kill is ex girlfriend and her new boyfriend? That makes it domestic. Did the domestic situation drive him to unreasonable anger, covid-19 self-isolation tipped him over the edge?

He may be one of those people who perceives offences and personal injuries, and reacts as though they have happened regardless of reality.

You and I are probably just interpreting the phrase differently, @otto, which two people with different experiences are bound to do. As someone who studies domestic violence, works with survivors professionally, and is a survivor myself, I have a tendency to notice media members' habit of downplaying domestic murders. There's a sort of deemphasizing of domestic killings as if it sort of makes sense why you would kill a current or former partner, or that it's a family/personal matter, or that these killers are somehow less evil than someone who would kill a stranger.

So when Warmington says: "There may be a domestic motive, but why do this during the COVID-19 pandemic lockdown, and on the anniversary of other massacres. This was calculated and evil stuff," (BBM) I can't help but hear, "Well, people kill their partners all the time, but to do this to strangers, during COVID, this guy isn't just another domestic killer, he's EVIL."

Link: WARMINGTON: Nova Scotia mass murder evil and calculated

But I, and others well versed in the power and control dynamic of domestic violence, see murdering someone you have an intimate relationship with such as a partner or child--someone who does or did place their affection and trust in you--as equally or maybe even more evil than killing a stranger. There's a documented correlation between mass murders and domestic violence. If you are willing to kill or beat or stalk or harm someone you claim to love, you are likely capable of great horror. Some relevant links about this:

The men behind the US's deadliest mass shootings have domestic violence — not mental illness — in common
38% of mass shooters have committed domestic violence - Futurity

So honestly, I was not surprised when I read that this murderer (count me among those who will not glorify this monster or dignify him by speaking his name) was known to be highly controlling and terrorizing to a former partner, possibly the one who has now been murdered by him:

“There was some underlying issues that I think he had with his relationship. It was a red flag …. (What happened on the weekend) wasn’t a surprise to some degree, but not to this extreme.”

Hudson mentioned being at a bonfire with Wortman, his girlfriend and some other neighbours around 2004 when there was some kind of altercation that left most at the gathering stunned. Hudson wouldn’t elaborate on the details, but said:

“He had an obsession with his girlfriend. Just being jealous about things with her. I think that’s where things got in the way …. She was a beautiful girl.”

Link: Who was Gabriel Wortman, the denturist behind the Nova Scotia mass shooting?

One of the news reports does state it was an Ex and her BF murdered. I'll try to find the link.

There could be a possibility, probably even highly likely that we haven’t yet heard about some victims if they were left in a burning structure etc. The identification process takes time. We have heard about some victims who were removed from structure fires, but I believe in those instances it’s bc the families spoke out. Jmo

I've read many reports that an ex and her new partner were the first people killed. That doesn't seem to fit with victims identified so far. I thought one of them may have been a possible ex girlfriend but her father said they may have been acquainted but were not friends. It's possible the MSM reports about an ex was a working theory or speculation. Or that they are among the victims not discussed publicly yet.

I'm wondering if the ex could be one of the named victims but the relationship with GW was long over. The comments from a neighbor in Portapique who socialized with him in the early 2000s was about explosive rage at his girlfriend in social settings and his incredible jealousy. Abusers usually are most violent in private, so the incident at the bonfire was a huge red flag. If the relationship ended 15 years ago, it wouldn't be the first thing to pop into the heads of family and friends when they learn she'd been killed by a maniac. Maybe after so many years GW had seemed to have moved on, his obsession wasn't apparent. But all the while he was festering, thinking about what could have been and blaming her for how his life turned out.

Daily Mail, Mirror, TheDailyWorld, TheWhig, TheDailyBeast and of course Facebook are the "news" reports I've seen that ex-wife & her new partner were the 1st victims. Nothing official from Canadian MSM or RCMP.
Yah and add the sun to that list as well. Somewhat questionable publications. Sometimes they get the scoop and it turns out to be true. Probably just as often though they publish something that hasn’t been verified and turns out false. So grain of salt etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truecrime-hazeleyes