Canada - Shooting spree in Moncton, NB, leaves 3 RCMP officers dead, 2 injured, June 2014 *Guilty*

It looks like the family members are coming in now. All 3 officers appear to be pretty young :(

Salem

They are bringing in the caskets :( This is so sad.

My heart breaks
The families, little children, the police dog...

:heartbeat:

Unbearably sad, my heart goes out to each and every person gathered in Moncton today. Warm hug for all the countless people with tears in their eyes right now.

Ross' brother-in-law gave eulogy and mentioned that he left his bbq grill and garage door open when he left abruptly to respond to the call that would kill him. He was a true nice guy who helped everyone he met.

BpyRpntCcAI2sAW.jpg

Ross' dog Danny sniffing his partner's hat.

Touching image! @RCMPNB canine 'Danny' remembers his partner Cst. Dave Ross.

https://twitter.com/CstSmith/status/476415814661206018/photo/1

Coverage of the funeral services over now. Very very touching. RIP.

Beautifully done, Moncton.

RCMP Constables Gevaudan, Larche, Ross - A message of love, pride and hope was carried on a sea of red serge today, to all of Canada, in honour of your dedication, your bravery and your sacrifice. May your souls rest in peace.

This procession is huge. I don't know when I've seen anything of this size?

Wow. :(

Salem

We certainly haven't had anything of this size for this reason in Canada. The Prime Minister cut his European trip short to be back for this service and officers from around Canada, the U.K. and America came in. Hotels were booked solid and 800 families opened their doors to LE that wanted to take part and needed a bed for the night.

I have to say how proud I am of Canadians for their response to this shooting tragedy. It became a moment to come together, from coast to coast, to not let the shooter win but to reach out with love to the families and colleagues.

A sad, beautiful and fitting tribute to three heroes who paid the ultimate price in protecting others.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart to Constables Larche, Ross and Gevaudan for your service, your lives ... you will never be forgotten.

Just want to add that there were 7000 people at the service but Moncton also opened some community areas for remote viewing that were apparently packed as well.

I pray the dog is allowed to stay with the family.

RIP RCMP Constables Gevaudan, Larche, Ross. It was a beautiful and touching service. Every time I see a picture of Danny, it brings tears to my eyes, he has also lost a partner and a member of his family.

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...earts-of-canadians-as-he-whimpers-at-funeral/

me too! When I saw that Dog rise up to sniff his master's hat I just bawled like a baby tears streaming. Grief is such a normal emotion and so many times the grieving are told to ''suck it up'' -- no way it's a very healing emotion....Danny will be off his game for some time until he gets a new handler.

me too! When I saw that Dog rise up to sniff his master's hat I just bawled like a baby tears streaming. Grief is such a normal emotion and so many times the grieving are told to ''suck it up'' -- no way it's a very healing emotion....Danny will be off his game for some time until he gets a new handler.

I am hoping he will be retired and stay with the family he knows.

A truly somber day.
RIP Constable Fabrice Gevaudan, Constable Douglas Larche and Constable David Ross.
It was a beautiful tribute to all of you.

Trying again, since my original post was "lost" in cyberspace...

After a viscious gardening accident last night (o.k., perhaps a modest shoulder strain), I found myself sitting for too many hours in an emergency waiting room this afternoon. Of course, the remembrance ceremony for the three deceased heroes was broadcast on the waiting room monitor. Luckily the sound was off and we simply had CCTV to monitor what was being said. Otherwise I would have lost it.

The worst part was when the 'chief' handed the flag/hat/belt/ etc. to one of the wives and when she held the chief and wouldn't let go. I tried to hide my tears in the waiting room, although I'm sure I wasn't the only one.

To the families, loved ones and colleagues....my thoughts are with you. Thank you to these men who sacrificed their lives. And, thank you to the two injured RCMP officers who are left with us to deal with the event that forever changed their lives.

Bless you all.

“That is the understanding between us: their service, and our support.”

With those last few words did he capture the essence of one of the world’s great democratic bargains — the people allow police officers to carry firearms and even to use lethal force to protect them, so long as they do it lawfully, and in exchange, the people agree to have the officers’ backs.

If it works imperfectly, it works pretty damn well most of the time, but rarely has the bargain been so tested at both ends as it has been the past six days in this city of about 70,000.

http://www.montrealgazette.com/news/national/Blatchford+Deaths+police+family+ours/9926391/story.html

Thank you Christie Blatchford.

And thank you to the citizens of Moncton.

A well deserved rest for Codiac:

The RCMP has sent in outside reinforcements to allow its entire staff in Moncton to take a two-week break to regain its composure after last week’s tragic shootings, officials said.

The rotation will allow about 200 people in the Codiac detachment – 141 officers plus support staff – to take a “stand down” period, according to RCMP officers and their families.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...riod-after-moncton-shootings/article19090304/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back