Found Deceased Canada - Taliyah Marsman, 5, & Sara Baillie, 34, Calgary, 11 July 2016 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
FWIW, I find it very strange that Colin Marsman and his other family members who reside in Calgary haven't held a press conference of their own today, pleading for Taliyah's safe return. The police say that he is co-operating with them ... Maybe co-operation in this case means hours upon hours of interviewing him at the police station. If that's where Colin is, I sincerely hope that police are getting helpful information from him.

And if Colin isn't at the police station being questioned, why isn't he contacting all the TV media outlets setting up news conferences to plead for his daughter's safe return?

Something isn't right with this picture, IMO.

Please bring Taliyah home safe and sound tonight.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

FWIW, I find it very strange that Colin Marsman and his other family members who reside in Calgary haven't held a press conference of their own today, pleading for Taliyah's safe return. The police say that he is co-operating with them ... Maybe co-operation in this case means hours upon hours of interviewing him at the police station. If that's where Colin is, I sincerely hope that police are getting helpful information from him.

And if Colin isn't at the police station being questioned, why isn't he contacting all the TV media outlets setting up news conferences to plead for his daughter's safe return?

Something isn't right with this picture, IMO.

Please bring Taliyah home safe and sound tonight.

BBM: I've been wondering if this is the case.

Taliyah's case is currently trending on Facebook and a great many shares have crossed my feed. Lets hope all this publicity helps find this little doll.

None of my business at all, but I was also wondering where Sara's parents were today? Perhaps they are no longer living, or perhaps too distraught to appear at the press conference? So tragic and unimaginably sad. When Sara's Uncle said the family had lost a niece, a sister, a mother and their great-niece is missing, I noticed that he didn't say daughter and granddaughter.

I noticed her in dance recital clothes in photos. She is such a pretty little girl who does look older than her age...makes me wonder if someone saw her at a recital and decided to take her.

He does have other relatives in Calgary under his FB friends. And his son, Taliyah's brother, is approx. 18-20 years old.

I was wondering why Sara's parents weren't there today? I wonder if perhaps they are no longer alive, or maybe too devastated to be there, and that is why her Uncle was there? Your thoughts?

To be honest, I don't put a lot of stock in the media interviews. I'm not one of those people who think you can tell innocent or guilty from reactions in these early press conferences. Plus Canada doesn't have the news media circus culture the US has so I don't think too much of who does or doesn't do interviews. Some people are so grief-stricken and traumatized that they need to be doped up with meds like a zombie just to get through the day after something like this and I won't try to figure out their motivations from that. I once had a mental breakdown so bad that the doctor wrote my mom a prescription for benzos and had her go to the nearest pharmacy while I was still in his exam room because I was so hysterical. I could easily see any of the family members being unfit to go in front of the camera.

It's not illegal in Canada to listen in on police scanner frequencies however because LE is aware the public do listen, most of their communications are either encrypted or on frequencies that scanners can't pick up. Many ppl listen to the available frequencies )for free) online at: http://www.broadcastify.com/listen/coid/2

Is Canadian LE able to be heard over a scanner like in the US?

As for Sara's parents not being seen today - *Facebook rumour* - comment left by AS today on SB's page leads me to believe that Sara's father is no longer alive. She mentions attending his funeral with Sara "a short time ago."

To be honest, I don't put a lot of stock in the media interviews. I'm not one of those people who think you can tell innocent or guilty from reactions in these early press conferences. Plus Canada doesn't have the news media circus culture the US has so I don't think too much of who does or doesn't do interviews. Some people are so grief-stricken and traumatized that they need to be doped up with meds like a zombie just to get through the day after something like this and I won't try to figure out their motivations from that. I once had a mental breakdown so bad that the doctor wrote my mom a prescription for benzos and had her go to the nearest pharmacy while I was still in his exam room because I was so hysterical. I could easily see any of the family members being unfit to go in front of the camera.

Maybe they learned from the Hailey Dunbar Blanchette case. When Cheyenne Dunbar gave her interview she was picked apart: for wearing makeup, for her mannerisms, for not being distraught enough and then when she was distraught people said she was acting. People had her pegged as guilty until Saretsky was arrested. In this case, where social media is already suspecting dad, he may be smart to stay out of the spotlight.

As for Sara's parents not being seen today - *Facebook rumour* - comment left by AS today on SB's page leads me to believe that Sara's father is no longer alive. She mentions attending his funeral with Sara "a short time ago."

Oh my ... This poor poor family has had far too much tragedy in their lives ... I just don't know the words ... Unimaginably sad ...

Please bring Taliyah home safely.

Her mother must just be beside herself. If I were Sara, my mother would be medicated and likely in a hospital right now. She would not be able to deal with this. Especially with Taliyah's whereabouts unknown.

So disappointed that we never heard the CPS helicopter HAWCs flying overhead today or last night. They have been successful in recovering missing children (2 in recent memory) here in Calgary by flying over the neighbourhood and using the loudspeaker to announce the description of the missing child. They must have some good evidence showing that they believe Taliyah is no longer in the area.

I haven't heard it either but someone else was saying they heard it. I am also NW

None of my business at all, but I was also wondering where Sara's parents were today? Perhaps they are no longer living, or perhaps too distraught to appear at the press conference? So tragic and unimaginably sad. When Sara's Uncle said the family had lost a niece, a sister, a mother and their great-niece is missing, I noticed that he didn't say daughter and granddaughter.

I am quite sure I heard him say daughter, not granddaughter thou... I listened twice because 1st time thru I was sobbing and missed most of what was said :tears::tears:

SB and MB father passed away yes.

in Calgary you have to have a digital scanner, they use a Digital Radio Trunking System you can listen to a few things on Braodcastify Broadcasting Calgary Fire Department Dispatch Channels, and FireGround Channels. Occasional City Wide Alerts for EMS Code Yellows & Reds may be heard.

I do not know about Calgary but certainly other places in AB like Red Deer you can hear what is on the scanner
I'm not sure about all of Canada, but here in Toronto the scanners are encrypted and can not be listened in on.

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member