Found Deceased Canada - Taliyah Marsman, 5, & Sara Baillie, 34, Calgary, 11 July 2016 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most police use digital radios these days and you need special equipment to decode it to listen. I'm sure there are some people who would spend the money to listen but I think most times it would be a boring listen. ;)

I live right around the corner from the house, I drive by it almost daily. On Monday at about 6:00 pm I left to take my kids to my parents. When I drove by the house there were two police vehicles there, one in the driveway and one on the street in front. There were several people in the driveway talking to the police. My son forgot something and I had to turn around and go home. When I went by the house again about 15 minutes after the first time the cards and people were gone. When I was on my way back home again I drove past the house again at about 8:20 pm there were 2 police cruisers at the house again. This morning when I woke up and saw what happened on my feet my heart just sunk. I know quite a few people that SB knew and some of her family. One of her relatives used to teach dance to my kids. It's so heartbreaking. I had to go to the mall this evening and drove by the house on my way home at about 9:30 and the forensics van was still there.

For What It's Worth

This is my rough transcript of the Press Conference which was published Tuesday July 12, 2016 at 2:14, in which the family of 5 year old Taliyah Marsman and her mother Sara Baillie (deceased) speak about the Amber Alert regarding Taliyah's apparent abduction following the murder of her mother.

You can see the video at this site for CBC News, Calgary.
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/amber-alert-calgary-girl-1.3674808

This transcript is my own work, and I am responsible for any and all errors it may contain. It is not connected in any way to the CBC, the CPS, the families of the victims, or the news organizations attending the conference.

SH = Scott Hamilton (great uncle of Taliyah Leigh Marsman, uncle of Sara Baillie)
MH = Marilynne Hamilton (wife of Scott Hamilton, aunt of Sara Baillie, great aunt of Taliyah)
JA = Jo-Anne, a friend or member of the extended family.

SH: Hi everyone. Let me introduce…this is Mrs. Marilynne Hamilton, Taliyah's aunt, sorry, she's Sara's aunt.
I'm Scott Hamilton, uncle. This is cousin to Sara, Justin Hamilton. And these are all friends of Sara's…We're here today and holding this press conference on behalf of Sara Baillie. We've lost a niece, a sister, a daughter, and a mother within the last twelve hours . God rest her soul.

We're also here to plead to those who've taken Taliyah Leigh Marsman, Sara's daughter. Please return her. Drop her off at an R.C.M.P. station, a Calgary Police Services Station, or a grocery store, gas station, wherever you want. Contact the family, we'll come and pick her up. There'll be no questions asked.

We love her. We miss her. And, we want her back.

Marilynne, do you have something to say to Taliyah?

MH: Taliyah, honey, if you're watching this, I love you. Stay strong, honey. Please, please if you have Taliyah, please let her come home to her family.

SH: We miss her. And we love her. I don't know if there's anybody else who wants to add anything, but we are willing to take questions.

But remember, this is about Taliyah. We want her back.

2: 23 REPORTER One (Please note: Sometimes, with the limited sound on my computer, I could not hear all that was said in the Reporter questions segments.) Do you have a message to the public as well about any details that, you know, someone might see or hear, anything to--what is your message to the public?

SH: The message to the public is to contact the CPS. Get in touch with them. They've got numerous people involved in this investigation and they're doing their best. And we want them to do their best and bring her home.

2:48 REPORTER Two: Can you tell us a little bit about Sara?

RH: Absolutely. Sara was a beautiful young woman who was single-handedly, pretty much, raising her daughter. And we love her, and we miss her.

3:05 REPORTER Three: Can you tell us anything about what Taliyah is like?

RH: Taliyah is a vivacious, wonderful child -- curious. She lives in our hearts when we're not with her, and she's in our thoughts also.

3:25 REPORTER Four: Can you tell us about what Taliyah likes to do?

RH: Taliyah has many interests. One would be just on her iPad. Another would be Marilynne has just recently taught her to ride a bicycle. The bicycle sits in our garage waiting for her to come back. Jo-Anne? Sure.

3:54 JA: Taliyah is not your average five year old little girl. She's very mature. So, if you ever got to talk to her, or you saw her, you wouldn't know she's five. You'd think she's more seven, eight years old. She's taller than most kids, and she's very mature, so if anyone does see her, don't be looking for that average five year old child. She's more than that.

RH: Yes, and just, and a word to the media. Her name is Ta-LEE-yah. If you call her TA-lee-uh, she probably will not answer, so it's Ta-LEE-yah. Ta-LEE-yah Marsman. She will answer to that.

4:32 REPORTER Five: Can you talk just a little bit about how important Taliyah was to Sara and their relationship?

RH: Taliyah was Sara's world. Still is. Sara still lives with all of us onstage. Pardon me. She uh, she was..Sara was a hard working single mother and doing the very best that she could with what she had.

5:02 REPORTER Six: When you talk about your extended family, it sounds like you're all very involved.

RH: Absolutely. Absolutely. Most positively would be my wife, Marilynne, Sara's aunt who cared for Taliyah occasionally overnight. Taliyah would have sleepovers with Auntie, and that's how she would refer to Marilynne as Auntie. We miss her.

5:22 REPORTER Seven: I know this is very difficult, but can you tell us about some of those times and some of those? You know, we just really want people to know as much as possible.

RH: Absolutely. Taliyah would come over. She would have supper with us. Always engaging. Always wanting to watch cartoons while perhaps someone else, like myself, would want to watch the news but that was OK because it was Taliyah. She was allowed to do that. Others wouldn't be. She would sleep with Marilynne and I untill I snored too much, and then I would have to leave the bed. We miss her. We miss her dearly.

6:04 REPORTER Eight: Could you maybe talk about how, you know, all the family has come together to

RH: Certainly. So, I mean, we've got Ashley Jack who cares for Taliyah at Day Care. We've got Sara's workmates here. We've got extended family of Marilynne and mine. Our friends who know Taliyah and love her as well.

6:36 REPORTER Nine: And how in this, obviously, very difficult time for you, how everybody coming together is making you feel...

RH: For the most part, Marilynne and I have a great support group. All these people here are supporting us in this time and, you know, not that we expected it, but it's welcome.

7:07 REPORTER Ten: Is she in daycare?

RH: Yes. She actually just finished kindergarten. Sara works full time, five days a week so she's in a daycare since school has ended full time.

7 :18 REPORTER Eleven: So she will be going into Grade One?

RH: Correct. In September. She'll turn six in September.

7:26 REPORTER Twelve: I wonder if you could tell me a little bit about how Taliyah and her mom interacted?

RH: Inseparable. Taliyah referred to Sara as "Momma", and it was, it wasn't necessarily a mother/daughter relationship. It was almost like watching two sisters at times get along. Sara worshipped Taliyah. The times that we saw them interact, it was marvellous.

MH: Taliyah worshipped Sara.

RH: Exactly. You're right. So it was a very awesome relationship to see between a mother and daughter.

8:18 REPORTER Thirteen: I know you've addressed this, but you guys are going through the worst emotions possible 'cause you're holding out hope for Taliyah, but--

RH: No, we--she will be found. Some time.

REPORTER: Thank you.

Praying for this sweet little girls safe return, heartbreaking

Just a point of interest about the house as well. SB lived in a basement suite of a house where most of the homes are single-family dwellings, her entrance was in the back so in theory there wouldn't be just random people coming to the door, you'd have to know there was a basement suite with a back entrance.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

Maybe they learned from the Hailey Dunbar Blanchette case. When Cheyenne Dunbar gave her interview she was picked apart: for wearing makeup, for her mannerisms, for not being distraught enough and then when she was distraught people said she was acting. People had her pegged as guilty until Saretsky was arrested. In this case, where social media is already suspecting dad, he may be smart to stay out of the spotlight.

I totally agree.
In addition to your comments, it is very possible (and advisable) that CM has retained counsel, and that counsel has advised him against appearing publicly at this time.
IMHO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So disappointed that we never heard the CPS helicopter HAWCs flying overhead today or last night. They have been successful in recovering missing children (2 in recent memory) here in Calgary by flying over the neighbourhood and using the loudspeaker to announce the description of the missing child. They must have some good evidence showing that they believe Taliyah is no longer in the area.

One the Calgary PS Facebook page

This comment by CPS caught my eye. It's in response to someones comment. I was trying to get around to posting about this last night but things got in the way.

Calgary Police Service Whether or not you have seen anything that shows she has been abducted, our investigation has lead us to believe that an abduction has occurred.
Like · Reply · 14 · 16 hrs

I saw something else on there, or somewhere else that made me think what I'm thinking. And I cannot find it now! But the gist is I read the area has a neighbourhood watch scheme and many homes have cameras.

Has Sara's car been seen on CCTV driving away with Taliya inside? Then dumped where it was found, maybe a vehicle switch? I know the vehicle is being forensically processed.

Thoughts?

The first reports on CBC said that CM was "cooperating" in quotes. I thought it was a bit odd that it was in quotes like there was an implied meaning.

Another note about the home's location, there is no back alley so whoever entered the home then left with TM would have had to come from the front of the house and through the side gate.

Forensics truck is gone this morning but there are still 2 cruisers and a media van in front. There is also a little memorial started 🙁

My gut is telling me that this is NOT a stranger abduction/murder. I think this was someone known to them. I think Taliyah knows who took her. JMO

So, with no forced entry and knowledge of a back entrance through a side gate tells me this is someone SB knew well enough to let in, and someone who's likely been there before. I know I'm stating the obvious but that narrows the suspects down considerably. Was she dating? Recently split up with someone? Her cell phone records and/or gps log in her car (if she has one - let's hope she does) will be a huge help to investigators. Just so frustrating having so little info to go on. I hope with all my heart this little girl is okay wherever she is.

I can't wrap my head around this. I'm really thinking it can not of been her father. If he is cooperating with police then we know she is not with him, and I just can't fathom that he would of done something to her. I know crazier things have happened but I just keep going back to Nathan o'brien, and Hailey dunbar-blanchette, both done by people known to the family but completely out of the blue, and shocking to the families. I am hoping she is found safe but I am always fearing the worst as more time passes. :(

Skibaboo you are right to assume there would be cameras. It is a good neighbourhood on a street with some higher value homes. The other side of the street has several of the previous Childrens Hospital Home Lottery grand prize homes. Even though it's a good neighbourhood there have been quite a few break ins in Panorama and it's also close to some higher density housing, (not rental except for individual owner rentals.) I'm tempted to go look but I can't go today. Since they had to enter and leave through the front of the house I'll bet something was caught on someone's camera.

I know when I went by yesterday morning on my way to the dentist there were a lot of neighbours out on their driveways.

Still wonder why there hasn't been anything said that the police were there at about 6 pm.

I can only hope that LE found lot's of evidence at the crime scene (Fingerprints, DNA etc) and that they are hot on the trail of the person who took Taliyah. :please:

Praying for this absolute precious little girl!
#FindTaliyah
:candle:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Have airport security cameras been checked? Do we know if Taliyah had a passport?
I would assume that since this is a Canada wide AA, airports would be on the look out for Taliyah and her abductor.
I know LE has said they don't believe she has left the Calgary area, but you never know...

JMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members