Found Deceased Canada - Taliyah Marsman, 5, & Sara Baillie, 34, Calgary, 11 July 2016 #1 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope that there will be a press conference this afternoon.

That the police haven't asked for the public's help in organized searches indicates to me that perhaps they already have enough information, perhaps from neighbours' CCTV footage, and other leads, as well as stating they believe Taliyah is still in Calgary, that they have good information to work with in order to find Taliyah and bring her home safely.

I deeply hope that is the case.

MOO

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wonder why the press is mentioning Halifax? Is it relevant to Taliyah other than her father's background?
I think CM's background is the only link that's been noted in the media. Perhaps when the Halifax media began following up the story, their research brought forward statements by a childhood friend of CM, Halifax Regional Police Det. Shaun Carvery, who reinforced the points made by CPS. Other members of the media then repeated or developed the material. It's a form of repetition which serves to keep the abduction in the forefront of peoples' minds as they go about their day to day routines.

New information posted in this Globe & Mail reporters tweet

[video=twitter;753320037398654976]https://twitter.com/carrietait/status/753320037398654976[/video]

CCTV images of their trip to DQ coming out on Twitter, should be posted in an article soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope that there will be a press conference this afternoon.

That the police haven't asked for the public's help in organized searches indicates to me that perhaps they already have enough information, perhaps from neighbours' CCTV footage, and other leads, as well as stating they believe Taliyah is still in Calgary, that they have good information to work with in order to find Taliyah and bring her home safely.

I deeply hope that is the case.

MOO

The family seem to suspect someone... We can only hope they are right and the cops are onto that person already. Just from the news today (or lack thereof), it gave me the feeling there is a lot going on behind the scenes to bring her home.

I don't know why the link to a MSM Twitter account did post so I shall try again
[video=twitter;753324632212705280]https://twitter.com/dempstercbc/status/753324632212705280[/video]

Latest update:

The AMBER Alert is still in effect. Police would like to speak to a family who spoke to Taliyah and her mother around 5:30 p.m., Sunday night at a Dairy Queen located at 66 Sandarac Dr. N.W. Police are releasing CCTV photos from the restaurant of Taliyah, her mother and the family in the hopes the family might see the photos and remember the evening.

Witnesses have also told police that they saw a girl matching Taliyah’s description with a stocky, black male, in the vicinity of where her mother’s vehicle was located, close to Panamount Boulevard N.W. The girl was wearing red or pink boots with white polka dots and was carrying a reddish-coloured suitcase.

Anyone with information about either of these encounters is asked to contact the Calgary Police Service at 403-266-1234.

Any further updates on this AMBER Alert will be posted here as they become available.

http://newsroom.calgary.ca/amber-alert-update/

The part about the suitcase makes me feel better. I doubt a SO would've let her pack a suitcase to bring. IMO, it's a family member.

I have a feeling that mom was killed while TM was sleeping which is why she was put in the closet. Then when TM woke up whoever took her told her that her mommy had to go out or something.

Sent from my SM-G920W8 using Tapatalk

I've got to say that I've always said my neighbours are nosy but thank goodness in this case! I knew someone had to have seen something.

To state the obvious:

She is mixed race. Dad is black so this definitely makes him look more suspicious.

Could be a boyfriend or something. But the most obvious answer is usually correct.

There are cctv images from dairy queen released. Sara and Taliyah were there Sunday at 5:30 pm.

To state the obvious:

She is mixed race. Dad is black so this definitely makes him look more suspicious.

Could be a boyfriend or something. But the most obvious answer is usually correct.

There are cctv images from dairy queen released. Sara and Taliyah were there Sunday at 5:30 pm with a man. Grainy images but looked like a black male.
You're right ... when you hear hoof beats think horse not zebra.

From the DQ CCTV. Stills Why does the clothing that both Sara and Taliyah are wearing differ from picture to picture?

[video=twitter;753324211360309249]https://twitter.com/NancyHixt/status/753324211360309249[/video]

I think it differs due to lighting. Not great camera quality.

Edit: there are two sets of images going around. I see what ones you mean now.

I wonder why the press is mentioning Halifax? Is it relevant to Taliyah other than her father's background?

When i first read it, my impression was that, although it is believed that Taliyahis is still in Calgary, not to discount the possibility that she is in N.S. or anywhere else, just keep eyes open.
speculation, imo.

Halifax Regional Police Det. Shaun Carvery told CTV News on Tuesday that Marsman and he were friends growing up in Nova Scotia, and they went to school together.

Carvery said everyone should be vigilant, even if the girl is likely still in Calgary.

"Look closely. If you see anything, anybody that remotely resembles her, call your local police department," he said.
rbbm.
ETA pure speculation, someone from a distant past, and place?

Are those pics of 2 separate visits or am I seeing another mother and child there as well? I see two different outfits as well. :(

ETA: I just saw that these are 2 different visits.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oxfordlawyers