Found Deceased Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've gone back through mom and dads profiles. He looks like a very doting daddy, almost every photo is of him and Hailey. Lots of past relationship problems with mom, I don't think they were together when she was born, and then they were, and now they're not...though they seem supportive of one another throughout. Mom looks pretty young, also a few pics with Hailey. I'm guessing daddy had custody.

I can't believe this is happening. I'm from that area and nothing ever happens there. It's like a ghost town most of the time. Like, they roll up the streets at 6pm type of place. And now this. And in addition, there had been another murder Friday in Coleman, which is a town very close to Blairmore. I can't tell if these murders are connected or not.

I just can't believe this.

Here's some 411 on the murder in Coleman...

http://www.calgarysun.com/2015/09/1...-year-old-woman-is-found-murdered-in-her-home

:thinking:

I know I keep saying this, but I just can't believe it. I used to know just about everyone who lived there but I don't know any of these people (although the last names sound vaguely familiar).

The Pass is a municipality with 5 towns dotted along the highway, from east to west:

-Bellevue,
--and Hillcrest--these two towns are close together but on opposite sides of the highway.
-Frank
-Blairmore
-Coleman.

You could walk from any of them to any of the others, although Bellevue or Hillcrest to Coleman would be a bit of a hike.

She's sooooooo darling. I'm sick thinking of how scared she must be.

This stinks of 2 scenarios:

- Drug deal gone bad (I hate to stereotype, but white people in small Prairie town fits right in)

That comment seems out of left field to me...from the prairies and have many friends and family in small towns that have no drug connections....while it is a possibility the small town aspect doesn't factor in, IMO

Oh my word - that poor woman. I guess by her first (shocked/shocking) post "my baby lives there" the dad must have custody, at least part of the time...

EDIT: just seen another FB post which raises a valid point: "How can a mother just find out two hours ago that her baby is missing?? ON FACEBOOK? You're in my thoughts, Cheyenne!". Child taken at 3:30am, mum finds out online 1:30pm. She's 500km away in Edmonton.

Awful.

I saw a similar comment but someone was chastising LE for not calling her and telling her sooner... Seems unreasonable. They are dealing with a murder and missing child. They are trying to save a life here. Notifying mom directly and respectfully is obviously important but taking the time to indentify and contact her when she is all the way in Edmonton isn't as important. I feel bad for her but hopefully she can know that she only found out from Facebook because the rcmp were putting her daughter first.

I've gone back through mom and dads profiles. He looks like a very doting daddy, almost every photo is of him and Hailey. Lots of past relationship problems with mom, I don't think they were together when she was born, and then they were, and now they're not...though they seem supportive of one another throughout. Mom looks pretty young, also a few pics with Hailey. I'm guessing daddy had custody.

They look very young. The mom is apparently in high school. Living in Edmonton. Looks like dad lived in blairmore and was the primary caregiver. There are photos of them all together as recently as a few months ago. I'm sure we will learn more about their circumstances soon.

In one of the linked articles, the maternal grandfather says Hailey's father, Terry, "wasn't well-liked" and had been in trouble with the law.

And in one of those articles, it said he was supposed to have taken Hailey to her mother in Edmonton yesterday.

The mom is just in high school!? I thought she looked really young. Oh my god.

And I think it's horrible that this is how she found out.

Presser: Confirmed 27y/o Terry Blanchette deceased.

have spoken to Hailey's mother....and know that Hailey is not with her.

Media asking re mom finding out via FB.

Officer (didn't catch his name, kinda skirted question but says they have been in touch).

extra patrols in the area. will engage SAR if necessary...

AA in Montana now too.

The mom is just in high school!? I thought she looked really young. Oh my god.

And I think it's horrible that this is how she found out.

Well the dad doesn't look that old, either.
By the looks of it, they're both high school aged.

Prayers that this has a happy ending.
The mom must be devastated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members