Canada - Terry, 27, & Hailey Blanchette, 2, Blairmore, AB, 14 Sept 2015 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
My opinion on this:

DS and TB had a beef with another. Possibly TB ratted DS out, and that was his breaking point. DS went to TB's to hurt him, wasn't expecting HDB to be at the home. She saw what happened, he panicked, took her, and killed her. Would a 2 yo be a reliable witness? No, but a young man, who is possibly mentally unstable, and high on drugs, wouldn't realize that.

I have passed theorized that the motive was a kidnapping, but I am not even believing that myself anymore and I think the motive had to do with "conflict" between DS and TB and HDB was collateral damage. Wonder what the "conflict" was about?

Jayzo - your theory is very much believable. And I think you are right that DS panicked and that's why he took HDB. I think that he went there with the motive to kill TB and either forgot there may be a child there / didn't know there would be a child there / or thought the child would not be of any concern (maybe he thought she was younger than she actually was....or DS is only 22yrs old so maybe he's just naive about how "aware" a 2yr old can be).....but I think once he killed TB and saw HDB he panicked and he actually didn't want to kill HDB at that particular moment so he took her with him and probably had a million thoughts running through his mind about how to "clear his tracks" But as time passed he continued to panic more and more and it eventually got the best of him and he decided to kill poor HDB as well.

I agree with you about CD not being involved.

As for the HM murder in Coleman - I do believe that was also done by DS.......practice??

I have passed theorized that the motive was a kidnapping, but I am not even believing that myself anymore and I think the motive had to do with "conflict" between DS and TB and HDB was collateral damage. Wonder what the "conflict" was about?

Jayzo - your theory is very much believable. And I think you are right that DS panicked and that's why he took HDB. I think that he went there with the motive to kill TB and either forgot there may be a child there / didn't know there would be a child there / or thought the child would not be of any concern (maybe he thought she was younger than she actually was....or DS is only 22yrs old so maybe he's just naive about how "aware" a 2yr old can be).....but I think once he killed TB and saw HDB he panicked and he actually didn't want to kill HDB at that particular moment so he took her with him and probably had a million thoughts running through his mind about how to "clear his tracks" But as time passed he continued to panic more and more and it eventually got the best of him and he decided to kill poor HDB as well.

I agree with you about CD not being involved.

As for the HM murder in Coleman - I do believe that was also done by DS.......practice??

Her neighbor said that HM's love of animals included feeding skunks. She lived in Coleman, but did seem to get about. She may have gone grocery shopping in Blairmore. FWIW, I found a blog about skunks living under a building in Blairmore, and young people hanging around doing "bad things" years ago.

If HM caught anyone harming animals, I think she would have spoken out. Maybe there was an old grudge.

True. We have little to no information about her death except for the fact it was ruled a homicide. However, through social media searches I have found information that she has lived in Blairmore and she has links to the same social circle as Derek Saretzky and Terry Blanchette. Perhaps it is all coincidence. Perhaps not. Time will tell.

Victoria Crowshoe was 43 years old, and Derek Saretzky is 22 years old. What sort of social circle includes 20-somethings and people their parent's age? I don't mean to be an age-ist, but at the same time, I haven't met too many 22 year olds who prefer the 43 year old crowd.

Victoria Crowshoe was 43 years old, and Derek Saretzky is 22 years old. What sort of social circle includes 20-somethings and people their parent's age? I don't mean to be an age-ist, but at the same time, I haven't met too many 22 year olds who prefer the 43 year old crowd.

Just giving a possible scenario, and I'm not implying that DS or Victoria were drug users because I don't know-- but those age gaps would be common among hard drug users (meth, heroin, etc). Older users would have less people their age to use with, so they sometimes hang out with the younger crowds.

In a weird twist of fate, this article about skunk euthanasia appeared in the local newspaper shortly before HM was murdered.

http://passherald.ca/archives/150909/index2.htm

Maybe someone turned HM in for feeding the skunks. If she found skunks in traps, or traps on neighboring properties or down the alley in Coleman, she would have been upset, IMO.

In that paper you linked, if you click "Classifieds" it has Victoria Crowshoe's obituary.

DS and Victoria's children may have been friends,

DS and Victoria's children may have been friends,

Given Victoria Crow Shoe's age, one of her children could have been the right age. One or more of her children could still be living in CNP. Victoria may have come back to visit. Maybe HM saw Victoria with someone. Maybe TB saw Victoria with someone.

Growing up in a small town myself I know that after people start leaving (school, jobs, etc.) you start hanging out with whoever is left in the town especially if you have similar interests - in this case that could be partying, drugs, drinking, etc.

Except that the child was screaming (we think - as per reports of a neighbour). Grab the kid, shut her up and run before the cops come because they must be on their way.

We are all assuming that DS was in a proper state of mind. Maybe he was high.

...snipped...

We are also assuming the daughter was uninjured. Letting go of the assumption, we get a possibility the trail behind the house was her blood, and his efforts were possibly actually to save her, rather than harm her. "Out of his mind" allows for many things. Time will tell.

Did DS have any outdoorsy pursuits like mudbogging, quadding, dirt biking, snowmobiling, fishing, hunting? Depending on what "bad things" he was trying to turn his life around from, this could be important, especially if these activities took place along the border.

Snipped for space.

There is a large usership in the crowsnest pass of atv, ohv, dirt bike, truck , snowmobile, hiking, equestrian etc users. There are a number of off highway/ multiuser trails on old forestry roads throughout the hills near Coleman along the highway 40 north of highway 3 and also some trails south of highway 3.

I have used the trails along highway 40 but mostly more central and north from cochrane to sundre.

This is one of my own queries about this case. it would be my guess that DS has frequented these areas for recreational use albeit for ohv use or "random" backcountry camping (which is also aloud on most of this land along highway 40). Most of the people I have known call this "crown land" and it's been well publicized for the "lawlessness" of some of its users.

Makes me wonder if DS would have driven West from JD home, up highway 3 toward Coleman and then possibly onto highway 40 to the property where he left HDB. If this was the route then I wonder he wouldn't have taken her into the backcountry where she likely would never have been found. It seems to me that there would be some reason that he would chose to bring her to that final spot. Did he feel safest there? Was he meeting someone else there?

I'm also curious about the proximity of where the property that HBD was found compared to the backcountry multiuser areas. This may explain why all of the travel trailers are seen on the property.

http://www.quadsquad.ca/?q=track

http://www.calgaryherald.com/travel/road+users+campers+causing+damage+Castle+area/7429497/story.html

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While authorities have released the body of Terry Blanchette, Dunbar said she’s been told she may have to wait months — or as long as a year — before little Hailey Dunbar-Blanchette can be laid to rest.

Good Lord... How terrible. :(

Man, Google and a wild imagination are a dangerous thing. This is a simple crime. We have very few details to go on besides the fact that 2 are dead and a suspect is in custody. How we went from there to talk of serial killers, native relations, cruelty to animals, the heroin trade, etc, etc, is beyond me.

Man, Google and a wild imagination are a dangerous thing. This is a simple crime. We have very few details to go on besides the fact that 2 are dead and a suspect is in custody. How we went from there to talk of serial killers, native relations, cruelty to animals, the heroin trade, etc, etc, is beyond me.

Murders can be related without being the work of a serial killer. Common factors: proximity, time, all people who lived in the same community at one time or another, activities that they attended or took part in, people they knew, something they saw, places they went, being in the same place at the same time. There may be other commonalities we don't know about.

It is rare for this small community to have to deal with four murders in five days.

We can be sure the RCMP will consider commonalities. The Major Crimes Unit knows these cases are getting public attention.

ETA: "RCMP continues to make it clear that the investigation into the homicides of Hailey Dunbar-Blanchette and her Father Terry is very complicated."

http://globalnews.ca/news/2227871/rcmp-probe-possible-connection-between-blairmore-murders-and-coleman-homicide/

Snipped for space.

There is a large usership in the crowsnest pass of atv, ohv, dirt bike, truck , snowmobile, hiking, equestrian etc users. There are a number of off highway/ multiuser trails on old forestry roads throughout the hills near Coleman along the highway 40 north of highway 3 and also some trails south of highway 3.

I have used the trails along highway 40 but mostly more central and north from cochrane to sundre.

This is one of my own queries about this case. it would be my guess that DS has frequented these areas for recreational use albeit for ohv use or "random" backcountry camping (which is also aloud on most of this land along highway 40). Most of the people I have known call this "crown land" and it's been well publicized for the "lawlessness" of some of its users.

Makes me wonder if DS would have driven West from JD home, up highway 3 toward Coleman and then possibly onto highway 40 to the property where he left HDB. If this was the route then I wonder he wouldn't have taken her into the backcountry where she likely would never have been found. It seems to me that there would be some reason that he would chose to bring her to that final spot. Did he feel safest there? Was he meeting someone else there?

I'm also curious about the proximity of where the property that HBD was found compared to the backcountry multiuser areas. This may explain why all of the travel trailers are seen on the property.

http://www.quadsquad.ca/?q=track

http://www.calgaryherald.com/travel/road+users+campers+causing+damage+Castle+area/7429497/story.html

Thank you. You're right. There are many places so remote. Why did he chose a place where it was inevitable HDB would be found, regardless of his cooperation or not.

It snowed on August 21. Was the chilly fall night a factor in choosing a place that would be more comfortable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jennyboo