Found Deceased Canada - Thelma Krull, 58, Winnipeg MB, 11 July 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's fairly common that staff of social services agencies also have some sort of disability whether it be something more manageable such as anxiety to something more significant such as depression, bipolar, or other physical disabilities....saying that though I remember when the Facebook posts about her being missing first came up and I think it was her daughter that posted that she had no known medical issues.

I believe this same thought was posted upthread...

Is there witness statements that she was even seen at the Garden/Tobaggan Hill? Or is it only her phone ping and glasses that tie her physically there?

For all we know, she didn't even make it to the park and these items were put there shortly after.

Is there any evidence other than her glasses that she was in the area of Tobaggan Hill? Why did she walk in that direction (assumption) if the Canadian Tire was directly south of her home? How were her glasses found? By a random person? A search volunteer? Was LE told to look in that area for her? Why did someone post on her facebook on July 12th, only a day after she went missing, about not picking up specific items from the ground if she was just a missing person at that time? Her glasses were not on the list of possible items.

Just catching up and may have been mentioned but I believe she would intentionally avoid a direct route and take a longer one if she was training for the West Coast Trail. Moo

anyone who has survived a prairie winter will know that
winnipeggers bust out the shorts and flip flops as soon as it goes above 12C. this was likely taken on one of the first few nice spring days.

Lol had to laugh at this because it's so true. I knoew people who bust out shorts at 0. Also, I have been hiking in flip flops many times. That being said, I agree with other posters she was likely breaking in her new hikers. This is so close to home and so sad. Hope she is found.

My first thought when she went missing was suicide. I know her daughter said that TK didn't have any mental health issues but often people are unaware of what other people's struggles are.

Her Pinterest page inspirational quotes tell me she had some personal struggles at some point.
TK appears to have been working on herself and she does look different in her later photos.
Maybe she met someone who has turned out to be a creeper and she met up with him or her and was abducted.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Is there witness statements that she was even seen at the Garden/Tobaggan Hill? Or is it only her phone ping and glasses that tie her physically there?

For all we know, she didn't even make it to the park and these items were put there shortly after.

At this stage, there are no known witnesses or CCTV footage, but perhaps that's just not being shared. What's been indicated in the media, partly through the family, is that her phone pinged at that location at around 8 am, police searched the area intensively and found her glasses. http://globalnews.ca/news/2109518/search-stretches-into-day-4-for-thelma-krull-57/
Police searched Valley Gardens Community Centre again on Tuesday; family members said a locator ping came from Krull’s cellphone at that location on Saturday.

So while I think the glasses could possibly have been planted, I think the ping from the cellphone is genuine, and would be part of a sequence of pings showing her location until 8 am that morning. A person would have to pretend to be Thelma (including possibly dressing and walking like her!) and take her phone to that location, etc. Seems beyond the realm of possibility to me.

It is a genuine mystery, I only hope LE have more information up their sleeves.

Maybe her phone pinged there because she was there. Maybe her glasses fell off while she was running through the park... being chased or something.

Or maybe she became disoriented, dropped her glasses, then continued to walk and fell somewhere that we just haven't determined yet. Remember Ann Pardo from Tuscon, AZ? Maybe there's a hole or cliff or drop off somewhere that she tried to take on with her new boots and she fell.

Or maybe someone she knows very well picked her up, harmed her and hid her, then threw her glasses into the park to be found.

Lot's of maybe's.

Just some random thoughts that have been running through my head since the beginning of this....I am not going to point fingers...our goal is to help piece together what happened or possibly happened to Thelma...

We've seen in the previous posts from Arnie...the woman on Concordia...in the streetview captures...who looks amazingly like her...BUT...who knows if it IS her...could be yes? Maybe not?
I'm thinking back to the security camera...

Yes..it's 'live action' ...shows movement....BUT...the poor quality of the video is an issue with me...
Not only is it hard to distinguish if it even IS definitively her ...I can't even tell colour of top...what her hair colour is...

Not to say her family wouldn't know what she would look like...of course they would...BUT...they are also hoping against hope that it IS her...that it's Thelma they are seeing alive and well at 7:23 am on July 11th.

Here's my thought ...Say the woman on Concordia is an entirely different person...she's heading towards Harbourview...so let's assume she lives there.
What's to say she may even live on a street close to ...or even further...same street....as Thelma...

What's to say ...it isn't the lady from Concordia *or someone similar*...in that security video...

With the heat that was coming that day...if anyone is a walker/jogger....they would be out early to avoid that blistering heat ..42C with humidex...*it was in fact the hottest day of the year so far...iirc...I was out in it shopping with my sister that day...it was stifling and almost unbearable*.... So another walker/jogger being out and about in the neighbourhood that day ..at that time...wouldn't be ..unusual...

So...what I'm getting at is....what if that is not Thelma in the video...what if that is not Thelma on Concordia....

DID she leave at 7 that morning?...
DID she get to VGCC & have her phone ping there ...while we assume it was still in her possession?.....
Did she have her glasses knocked off at VGCC...or did she drop them *unlikely* or were they 'placed' there?...maybe about the same time as the phone pinged....or...not?

As I said...I won't accuse or lay blame..I keep those thoughts to myself...but yeah...I've been having some thoughts on all of this ...as we all have been I'm sure. JMOO as always!

Big definition of "the area." The CTs not on Regent would not be in walking distance.

The glasses were found DAYS after she went missing, and days after multiple search parties had covered the area. It was one of the first places searched. Also searched multiple times before LE went there.

Her phone pinging off a tower near VG means nothing--she could have been miles away from the tower and her phone pinged there when her daughter called--is there a tower cliser to her home?) i live in South Wpg and if I call 911 on my cell, I might get the RCMP responding because my cell pings to a rural tower, connecting me outside the city.

Those glasses would have been found earlier than they were if lost on Saturday.

Her phone pinging off a tower near VG means nothing--she could have been miles away from the tower and her phone pinged there when her daughter called--is there a tower cliser to her home?) i live in South Wpg and if I call 911 on my cell, I might get the RCMP responding because my cell pings to a rural tower, connecting me outside the city.

Those glasses would have been found earlier than they were if lost on Saturday.

As someone who lives in south Winnipeg and who has unfortunately had to call 911 more than once, I will say that I have never gotten the RCMP instead of WPS. In any case, TK doesn't live in the southern part of the city, so it really is a moot point. I'm linking to a website that maps cell towers. If you input Winnipeg into the search bar you will see that there are many, many towers in the city.

http://www.ertyu.org/steven_nikkel/cancellsites.html

Question for any and all readers: is the 'ping' only mentioned on the Facebook? Has it been acknowledged in the media or by the police? I have tried to read the majority of the posts here, and have been reading articles from the CBC website, but may have missed something. I tried reading the FB, but people were going on about a psychic and a blue roof so I just gave up.

I am curious family relationship dynamics as I always am with missing persons. Did everyone get along?

And I don't mean her and her husband only... How was her relationship with her kids? Her daughter seems quite active in the investigation/media, I haven't heard much about the son. Not pointing fingers, just wondering if the family had any issues with each other?

Here is a non-technical , partial description , of a Cell Phone Ping

--- Ping is actually an old word we use to describe radar signals sent out and received

--- Your cell phone knows where it is at all times (generally speaking)

--- Your cell phone is "in touch" with (most of) the towers in the area , and knows which one is closest

--- Watch the signal-strength bar on your phone , it gets stronger as you approach a tower and weaker as you leave

--- In order for the phone to know where it is (where the towers are) it sends and receives pings (signals)

Here is another way to look at it , you and your friend are sitting side by side on your sofa , you dial your friend and her phone rings in her pocket.
Tomorrow your friend flies to Paris France and you dial her number and her phone rings in her pocket. How did the phone know she was in Paris or in your house ??? ... it does so by staying in touch (sending pings) back and forth to various towers .

And if it contacts two or more towers we can triangulate the lines of signal and pin point the location (see below) .

It is not "quite as easy as that" ... often permission or a search warrant is required , a bunch of computer content has to be downloaded and searched , and is only done in serious situations , so when police say they have obtained "a production order" from the phone company , that is what they are talking about

In real life it does not always work that precisely , there are still many places that have no towers at all , some places only have one tower which will know it received a ping but not which direction it came from. But investigators can use that info too .... if your last signal was in Winnipeg MB , then nothing for 7 hours , then a ping to a Thompson MB tower , it indicates you went north on highway #6 , or at least your phone did.

A beautiful Hollywood Actress is the one who figured out whether your phone is in your living room or Paris France . More about that in a minute.

(Most likely) Thelma's phone was in contact with two or more towers in North East Winnipeg , and if her phone has GPS capability it can show the last ping location within a few feet

cell phone triangulation.JPG

This praise is for all the gals on Websleuths , I like to give credit where due

If not for modern technology , police and society would have a much harder time finding and tracking missing persons like Mrs Krull . Cell phone signals , Closed Circuit Cameras , and Global positioning Satellites are all being used .

Hollywood Actor Ronald Reagan became President of The United States when he was 69 years old and was 77 when his term was finished . He was speaking to a crowd of high school graduates and college students when one of them popped up and said old pharts and old fossils like you do not even use computers or cell phones , so how can you teach us anything.

We old guys invented all that technology .... was Reagan's brilliant reply

Hollywood Actress Hedy Lamarr joined the war effort in the 1940's and used her celebrity status to sell war bonds , but when German Torpedos started sinking passenger ships she said .... "I've got to invent something that will put a stop to that".

And she did , Hedy invented the Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum method of transmitting radio signals by rapidly switching a carrier among many frequency channels, using a pseudorandom sequence known to both transmitter and receiver. It is used as a multiple access method in the frequency-hopping code division multiple access (FH-CDMA) scheme.

FHSS is a wireless technology that spreads its signal over rapidly changing frequencies. Each available frequency band is subdivided into sub-frequencies. Signals rapidly hop among these in a pre-determined order. Interference at a specific frequency will only affect the signal during that short interval.

In other words , to this day , all cell phone wireless technology is still based on her invention , Thank you Hedy and all gals everywhere , that is how we know whether Mrs Krull's phone was at home , or on a Toboggan hill in Winnipeg , or in Paris France.

I am curious family relationship dynamics as I always am with missing persons. Did everyone get along?

And I don't mean her and her husband only... How was her relationship with her kids? Her daughter seems quite active in the investigation/media, I haven't heard much about the son. Not pointing fingers, just wondering if the family had any issues with each other?

Yes, me too and always curious as to where family live in relation to each other. Not in an accusatory way, just interests me as to how far or near to each other. In the same area, streets away, another city etc.

The disappearance of Mrs Krull is a Winnipeg story , It has been pointed out how Hedy Lamarr has contributed to the technology used in the search .... but there is more .... and it is also a Winnipeg story

A Closed Circuit Camera has provided video of TK heading out for her morning walk. The technology required to do that was invented by a Winnipeg orphan boy raised in Point Douglas circa 1897 to 1916 , then joined the WW1 war effort and went to Europe. He also served during WW2 as the best espionage and intelligence gatherer and spymaster of the era , Winston Churchill said we would never have won the war without him

He also invented the method of taking a picture , turning it into electricity , and then back to into a picture .... the basis of our television , video cameras , internet , phones , digital photography etc ..... all of it is based on the 1930's invention by Winnipeg man Sir William Stephenson .

Small world.

Hopefully those technologies help find TK , we are now entering the second week of her disappearance

Has anyone noticed the inspirational quotes Thelma posted "two weeks ago"??!! I know she pinned some one week before she went missing, but as of today she has been missing for "more" than two weeks. Not sure though, how pinterest classifies "two weeks"

MODNOTE: Sorry, a couple of posts have been removed.

If there is an MSM or LE link to support the rumor that LE is using psychics in this case, please provide the appropriate link. Otherwise, we don't discuss rumors or psychics at Websleuths.

:tyou:

Police are not using psychics. The family used a psychic. It was discussed on the "Thelma Krull missing" page on Facebook.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member