CANADA Canada - Wayne Greavette, 43, killed by flashlight bomb,Ont,12 Dec.1996

This is interesting, considering the sketch of the two guys. But they were definitely looking for him. He was targeted. I personally do not think business was enough of a reason for a person to do this to someone. Especially when they had no idea if his children or wife could have opened it. This had to be motivated by pure hatred. So much anger and hate that they did not care what happened as long as it hurt him. He had many affairs, some with married women. My money based on what I know about this case is that a husband did this.
Welcome to Ws WildDasia!

In Season 5 Episode 4 of SKS, Diane Greavette tells the story of a mysterious phone call received in the weeks leading up to the flashlight bomb. The caller identified himself as a representative with Bellsouth, informing Diane that she had won some "movies" and needed to confirm the address. Within a few weeks, Justin Greavette received a call that involved confirming their current home address. This caller identified himself as a "trucker" who would send Justin shirts for free. Both scenarios involve the key identifier, the current home address of Wayne Greavette. Is there the possibility of obtaining phone records for this period of time to determine "outliers"?

Hi gls...perhaps, if the local telephone company in Ontario at the time kept long term records, but cost might have ruled that out.

This is interesting, considering the sketch of the two guys. But they were definitely looking for him. He was targeted. I personally do not think business was enough of a reason for a person to do this to someone. Especially when they had no idea if his children or wife could have opened it. This had to be motivated by pure hatred. So much anger and hate that they did not care what happened as long as it hurt him. He had many affairs, some with married women. My money based on what I know about this case is that a husband did this.

Sorry I took forever to respond to this. I actually think a husband did it as well. The person responsible was angry enough they took the risk that one of his children might open the package instead of him. That's some serious hatred. I don't know much more about the case than what I heard in the SKS podcast and episodes of True Crime Garage that covered it. But at least one woman claims he tried to get in bed with her one night. I really don't want to be insensitive to his family members but that behavior is one step away from assault. It's at least possible he may have actually followed through with assault at some point in his life time. The list of things that would motivate a person to risk taking the lives of someone's children, just to hurt them, is short, but rape of a loved one/spouse is on it.

Last edited:
I am just finishing this SKS podcast. I really feel the former best friend/business partner did it, or knows more. His constant laughing and boisterous demeanor was really off putting. I felt sorry for that guys son.

The poor wife, crying through the whole thing, finding out so many terrible things about her hubby after his death. My heart hurt for her.

Ed Galick Jnr had the motive to do that and according to his own father he also had the knowledge to build a bomb....in the interview he was quick to say that he didn't want to give a hair sample!?!? Why not?? Something to hide?? He's the first person I would put in a chair with a lamp on his face and interrogate for 12 hours straight!!!

Ed Galick Jnr had the motive to do that and according to his own father he also had the knowledge to build a bomb....in the interview he was quick to say that he didn't want to give a hair sample!?!? Why not?? Something to hide?? He's the first person I would put in a chair with a lamp on his face and interrogate for 12 hours straight!!!

I thought he said he DID give a hair sample. I might have gotten him mixed up with someone else in this regard.

I found that EG Sr laughed at many inappropriate times during the SKS podcast. He showed total insensitivity to WG's children. He also threw his son under the bus.

This doesn't mean that Sr did it of course.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back