Canadian hostage, wife & children freed from Afghanistan, husband arrested for abuse, Oct 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

According to the article, no bail hearing has been scheduled. Defense says they need various items like the 911 call and an interview. There will be a pretrial meeting of prosecution and defense to discuss issues related to the trial on Jan. 24. Boyle’s next scheduled court appearance is Jan 26.

Ummmm...surely his attorney has explained to him what was going on.....
[FONT=&amp]
[/FONT]Boyle has not yet had a bail hearing and remains in custody. He appeared Monday by video link from the Ottawa-Carleton Detention Centre.

When asked by a judge if he understood what was going on, he replied casually, “I have no idea.”

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local...-idea-whats-happening-during-court-appearance

According to the article, no bail hearing has been scheduled. Defense says they need various items like the 911 call and an interview. There will be a pretrial meeting of prosecution and defense to discuss issues related to the trial on Jan. 24. Boyle’s next scheduled court appearance is Jan 26.

Ummmm...surely his attorney has explained to him what was going on.....
[FONT=&]
[/FONT]Boyle has not yet had a bail hearing and remains in custody. He appeared Monday by video link from the Ottawa-Carleton Detention Centre.

When asked by a judge if he understood what was going on, he replied casually, “I have no idea.”

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local...-idea-whats-happening-during-court-appearance

Once again, he's playing the "I'm misunderstood" game.

Manipulator, through and through.

JMO, of course.

Once again, he's playing the "I'm misunderstood" game.

Manipulator, through and through.

JMO, of course.

Yes indeed! I wonder if he is setting up for an insanity defense or will just be uncooperative. Probably the latter or he wouldn’t have spoken “casually.” And I wonder if the judge took time out to explain to him what is going on. That wasn’t reported. I feel sorry for any attorney and judge who has to deal with him. And the poor guards and fellow prisoners!!
JMO

And I wonder if the judge took time out to explain to him what is going on. That wasn’t reported. I feel sorry for any attorney and judge who has to deal with him. And the poor guards and fellow prisoners!!
JMO

According to this article it was explained to him. http://www.news1130.com/2018/01/15/joshua-boyle-custody/

You would think his lawyers were keeping him up to date also.

I feel for the fellow prisoners too, maybe he is spending his time recruiting them :)

Does anyone here have more knowledge of how the system works re Bail? How come his lawyers havent requested it yet? Or would it be because he cant find anyone to be his sureties?

Unfortunately, having a father who is a Judge and before that, a lawyer (albeit a Tax lawyer) JB would have learned at an early age how to 'work the system'. Just the chit chat of daily life would have given him some legal knowledge.

Here we go: was in court this morning via video link. kept on remand. set back to late January. Toronto Star

Does anyone here have more knowledge of how the system works re Bail? How come his lawyers havent requested it yet? Or would it be because he cant find anyone to be his sureties?

I have no idea how the system works but the government would have to pay ME to get JB out of jail!

Once again referencing “The Ransom of Red Chief” by O. Henry. LOVE that story! Thanks again to the OP.

https://loa-shared.s3.amazonaws.com/static/pdf/Henry_Red_Chief.pdf

ETA: And I don’t think I’d accept any amount the government offered! They can keep him!

Unfortunately, having a father who is a Judge and before that, a lawyer (albeit a Tax lawyer) JB would have learned at an early age how to 'work the system'. Just the chit chat of daily life would have given him some legal knowledge.

Here we go: was in court this morning via video link. kept on remand. set back to late January. Toronto Star

You would think having a Father for a Judge with all that knowledge would have had him out on bail within a week.

You would think having a Father for a Judge with all that knowledge would have had him out on bail within a week.

Is it possible he is refusing? Maybe he wants to stay in jail for whatever reason...likes to be confined, likes to be the victim, likes to gather a group of followers/recruits from captive audience, like attention. I don't know....but you'd think the son of a judge would have bail by now unless the father is refusing or the son is refusing.

Wild guesses on my part.

jmo

Is it possible he is refusing? Maybe he wants to stay in jail for whatever reason...likes to be confined, likes to be the victim, likes to gather a group of followers/recruits from captive audience, like attention. I don't know....but you'd think the son of a judge would have bail by now unless the father is refusing or the son is refusing.

Wild guesses on my part.

jmo

You may not be too far off on your guessing. I was wondering about my own mental health, why I am so curious about this case. I think its more like I am scared shitless to have this guy in my Country. I think he is a home grown terrorist.

Wouldn't that depend on who got assaulted and threatened? It would at my house. Just saying. IMO

Well, its pretty cold in Ottawa this time of year. JB has a roof over his head, three squares a day and a warm 'bed'.
Other than his stint in a call centre, not sure of his ambition to work for a living. BUT, maybe being 'captive' has TRULY made him feel more comfortable whilst under the control of guards and rules etc. I mean that in a psychological sense. Maybe he really cannot handle being free again?? Just a thought, IMO

The reason for thinking that is because of repeat offenders who cannot adjust to being out of jail after doing a long stretch. IMO

You may not be too far off on your guessing. I was wondering about my own mental health, why I am so curious about this case. I think its more like I am scared shitless to have this guy in my Country. I think he is a home grown terrorist.

You are not alone with those thoughts. I can assure you! What was Justin thinking??? THAT scares me almost/or more than JB

Wild guesses on my part.

jmo

I think you’re onto something and I think he’s refusing for any and/or all the reasons you list. I think his Dad is refusing too...at least if he’s smart and is all done enabling JB he will. I hope CC isn’t visiting him.

Well, its pretty cold in Ottawa this time of year. JB has a roof over his head, three squares a day and a warm 'bed'.
Other than his stint in a call centre, not sure of his ambition to work for a living. BUT, maybe being 'captive' has TRULY made him feel more comfortable whilst under the control of guards and rules etc. I mean that in a psychological sense. Maybe he really cannot handle being free again?? Just a thought, IMO

The reason for thinking that is because of repeat offenders who cannot adjust to being out of jail after doing a long stretch. IMO

I think being away from his sex slave CC, and away from the Internet to email reporters out weigh the comforts of jail imo.

You are not alone with those thoughts. I can assure you! What was Justin thinking??? THAT scares me almost/or more than JB

I dont understand the friendship of Trudeau either, but it may hurt him in the next election. He should be sucking up to Trump, since he was the one responsible for his "release".

I think being away from his sex slave CC, and away from the Internet to email reporters out weigh the comforts of jail imo.

Im not really familiar with jail but I did think most of them have internet? If he took his iPad or laptop? He's 'only' on remand. IMO

Do they still have to send letters?

As far as CC is concerned, she should be grateful and spend time with her children, IMO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phnix