Canadian hostage, wife & children freed from Afghanistan, husband arrested for abuse, Oct 2017 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/boyle-bail-hearing-scheduled-for-may-28-1.3921961 My 9, 2018

Boyle bail hearing scheduled for May 28

Boyle appeared in court via video Wednesday morning.
Boyle’s lawyer says his client is “managing” in jail and he is preparing for the hearing on May 28th.

If he gets out, I bet he does, I hope he is not allowed contact with any family member. Do they have ankle tracking devices in Canada? I hope he has one on until court date. IMO, he may flee.

If he gets out, I bet he does, I hope he is not allowed contact with any family member. Do they have ankle tracking devices in Canada? I hope he has one on until court date. IMO, he may flee.

Yes, we have GPS ankle monitoring, it would be a condition of bail.

Former hostage Joshua Boyle's bail hearing to continue Tuesday | CBC News May 28, 2018

Former hostage Joshua Boyle's bail hearing to continue Tuesday

Boyle appeared in court wearing a blue, long-sleeved buttoned shirt and a dark red vest and sporting the same short beard and hairstyle he has been photographed with since his return to Canada. He could be seen occasionally writing on a yellow notepad during the proceedings.

The hearing ran all day and hadn't finished by 5 p.m. It is expected to resume Tuesday morning.

The details of the proceedings are under a publication ban.

Joshua Boyle bail hearing to enter second day May 28, 2018

Joshua Boyle bail hearing to enter second day

Joshua Boyle was quiet as he appeared for a bail hearing at an Ottawa courthouse on Monday.
Boyle’s parents were seen arriving at the courthouse to attend Monday’s hearing.
Boyle’s lawyers declined comment as they left court on Monday. The bail hearing will extend into Tuesday, when it is expected to conclude.

Ashley Burke (@AshleyBurkeCBC) | Twitter May 29, 2018

Former hostage & assault suspect Joshua Boyle's bail hearing underway right now at Ottawa courthouse for 2nd day #ottnews

Joshua Boyle faces 19 criminal charges related to alleged incidents since he returned to Canada last year. He’s wearing the same outfit at bail hearing today as yesterday & can be seen occasionally writing on a yellow notepad #ottnews

Media cannot report details of Joshua Boyle’s court proceeding due to a publication ban. We’re waiting to see if Boyle is granted bail or not and what the conditions are #ottnews

Judge needs a few days to consider if he’ll grant Joshua Boyle bail or not. The proceeding will continue on Friday at 11:30 am in courtroom 6 #ottnews

Last edited:
...it's Friday morning. Anyone hear anything?

Fingers crossed he stays in!

I hope someone is protecting his wife and children from him...
gaah-smiley.gif

Might be more information on the 6 o'clock news. I hope they are safe too.

From this report, Joshua Boyle released on bail
"Former hostage Joshua Boyle was was granted bail today, set at $10,000.

There are conditions though; each of his parents, who will act as his suretes, had to sign $10,000 bonds. Boyle will live with his parents in Smiths Falls and must follow his parents rules. He's also not allowed to come into the city of Ottawa other than for doctor, lawyer, or court visits. Boyle is also prohibited from having a smartphone, access to the internet, or a weapon. He must also wear a G.P.S. ankle bracelet and continue psychiatric treatment, among other conditions."

So the conditions seem very stringent. I guess this is better than having a lengthy remand period being knocked off his possible later jail sentence...and the no internet ruling must be especially onerous to a man in search of an audience.

From this report, Joshua Boyle released on bail
"Former hostage Joshua Boyle was was granted bail today, set at $10,000.

There are conditions though; each of his parents, who will act as his suretes, had to sign $10,000 bonds. Boyle will live with his parents in Smiths Falls and must follow his parents rules. He's also not allowed to come into the city of Ottawa other than for doctor, lawyer, or court visits. Boyle is also prohibited from having a smartphone, access to the internet, or a weapon. He must also wear a G.P.S. ankle bracelet and continue psychiatric treatment, among other conditions."

So the conditions seem very stringent. I guess this is better than having a lengthy remand period being knocked off his possible later jail sentence...and the no internet ruling must be especially onerous to a man in search of an audience.

I wish he was banned from contacting his victims. “Follow his parents rules” seems vague to me, and I get the vibe josh rules the house anyway.

In one of the news reports it states that he cannot contact his victims or their relatives. The amount of money varies on who is reporting also.
One report states each parent must sign a $10,000 bond which makes bail $20K, doesn't it?? Then another states that JB also had to put up $10K??
Most state that his parents are his surety, so I will go with $20,000 bail.

Reading between the lines, his sexual assault vic was not his mother and AFAIK there were only two women in his life.

Bears10, I share your concerns. This is far too lenient IMO. Hope nothing else goes wrong. He didn't respect his parents help before, why would he now??

He has stated before living at his parents was "intolerable" I guess now its better than prison.

I am curious to know, why he would not be able to travel to the City of Ottawa? After all his friend Justin lives there :) (sorry couldn't resist)

He has stated before living at his parents was "intolerable" I guess now its better than prison.

I am curious to know, why he would not be able to travel to the City of Ottawa? After all his friend Justin lives there :) (sorry couldn't resist)
Is Caitlan living in Ottawa? Btw another news report stated that he was only permitted to leave his parents house if accompanied by at least one of the parents.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Motherrunner