Casey Anthony Trial Date Set, Could Cost Taxpayers

oh gosh - waiting waiting waiting. I can't even handle waiting for Nov 8th for TES to search, let alone February for this trial to start. Watchin' paint dry.

Try to think of it this way.
MOTY will be spending Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years in a tiny jail cell with a glass wall, sleeping in a steel framed thin matressed "bed" with her head by her toilet. Out one lousey hour a day.

No parties at FusiOn, no sleepovers with boys and no trips to PR.
Just her and her icky cell.
So, she has 4 months and 12 days to rot before she gets anymore attention.

Try to think of it this way.
MOTY will be spending Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Years in a tiny jail cell with a glass wall, sleeping in a steel framed thin matressed "bed" with her head by her toilet. Out one lousey hour a day.

No parties at FusiOn, no sleepovers with boys and no trips to PR.
Just her and her icky cell.
So, she has 4 months and 12 days to rot before she gets anymore attention.

:clap: Well said. :clap:

I personally don't think it will seem as long for us as it will be for Casey.

<<I wonder why Baez didn't ask for a speedy trial if he is so confident that LE doesn't have a case against KC?>>

Actually, I think this is kind of quick. It's already November, that doesn't leave alot of time to defend against a first degree murder charge.

Hey, the poor man needs time - there's that public speaking course he signed up for; the "how to file a motion" chapter to read; court etiquette to study, etc. :boohoo:

:clap: :clap: :clap:

I think he is going to need a lot more time. :)

You don't think 4 months (from indictment) isn't speedy?
Some inmates wait years for their trials.
Honestly, I'm amazed the trial will be so soon.

I guess it is speedy, but it seems like a loooooong time to me.

I want the trial NOW! NOW! NOW!

Did I mention I have a little problem with patience? :)

I can't believe how fast they're moving. I would have thought June of '09 - Baez is going to have a hell of a time getting money and witnesses together by Dec./Jan. He may be forced to ask for a delay.

Hey, the poor man needs time - there's that public speaking course he signed up for; the "how to file a motion" chapter to read; court etiquette to study, etc. :boohoo:

:rolling: Some of ya'll are too funny.

I can't believe how fast they're moving. I would have thought June of '09 - Baez is going to have a hell of a time getting money and witnesses together by Dec./Jan. He may be forced to ask for a delay.

I agree. I expect to see a few delays before this actually goes to trial.

At least they've set a date. I wonder why Baez didn't ask for a speedy trial if he is so confident that LE doesn't have a case against KC?

IMO Baez is all talk and really isn't so confidant.

I agree. I expect to see a few delays before this actually goes to trial.

Nooooo!!!!! :eek:

I'm sure you're right, but darn it, the patience challenged people are going to have a hard time.

So WFTV was wrong.

I'm glad to see it will be sooner! My birthday is Jan. 20th, maybe I"ll get an awesome present this time?!

It was odd enough that JB didn't request speedy trial... but now it's the State which actually requested that trial be moved up. Just trying to figure out why the State of FL would request this? "The state also asked the judge to move the trial period back from a previously set date in early February, possibly to put more pressure on the defense. The judge agreed and Casey's pre-trial conference is now set for December 11 and the trial is set for January 5." Guess I really don't see how this puts more pressure on the defense.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17819575/detail.html

It was odd enough that JB didn't request speedy trial... but now it's the State which actually requested that trial be moved up. Just trying to figure out why the State of FL would request this? "The state also asked the judge to move the trial period back from a previously set date in early February, possibly to put more pressure of the defense. The judge agreed and Casey's pre-trial conference is now set for December 11 and the trial is set for January 5."WFTV CH9

Can they do that? Decide on a closer date to disadvantage the defense?

Sure they can decide on a closer date to disadvantage the defense - our system is adversarial.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab
Back