Casey Anthony Trial Date Set, Could Cost Taxpayers

Well they did, and looks like Strickland went along w it. Guess JB & co. figure it could just as well work in their favor, ie they don't want to wait until a body is found that's for sure. And ITA it's outrageous if taxpayers actually have to foot the bill for her (exhorbitant) defense.

Well they did, and looks like Strickland went along w it. Guess JB & co. figure it could just as well work in their favor, they don't want to wait until a body is found that's for sure. And ITA it's outrageous if taxpayers actually have to foot the bill for her (exhorbitant) defense.

I feel that LE has enough evidence to convict KC, otherwise they wouldn't have requested the trial be moved forward. I'm sure JB hopes it will work in their favor, but I don't think it will.

I posted this in the evidence thread too.

"Judge Stan Strickland accepted the written plea and that means the state now has 15 days to hand over evidence to Casey's attorney, Jose Baez, that the state plans to use in the trial against her. Any new evidence the state plans to make use of also must be handed over to Baez as they get it."

http://www.wftv.com/news/17819575/detail.html

I love that they're starting this in January. It makes me think that LE has quite a bit more against her than we're aware of. JB is such a bumbling idiot he's going to have a difficult time getting any assistance he has with this case caught up and organized in a timely manner. Those two attorneys (I forgot JB's partner in crime's name) seem so arrogant to me, like they have an attitude that says "I can beat this thing tomorrow". What a perfect match for KC.

Snipped:

The judge agreed and Casey's pre-trial conference is now set for December 11 and the trial is set for January 5.

http://www.wftv.com/news/17819575/detail.html

hallelujahhallelujahhallelujahhallelujahhallelujahhallelujahhallelujahhallelujah

It's one month from Thanksgiving and we all know after that no one does much working between then and New Year's. Then, it's Happy New Year's (but not for Casey).

I'm not sure if this should be seen as good news as it's awfully quick. Scott Peterson's trial began more than a year after his arrest. OJ sat in jail for 9 months before his trial. How can a murder one trial be sent in the midst of a holiday season and with less than 3 months to go. Is this even possible?

Is Strickland going to be the judge to hear the trial? Why hasn't the defense asked for a change in venue? That would be one of the first things they would ask for - oh wait, Casey's new defense lawyer who has death penalty trial experience, his death penalty clients are all on death row - Casey should be worried

Now that the trial date has been moved up, it will be interesting to see the delay tactics that the Defence will exert.

From the link above:
<snip>
ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Eyewitness News was the first to find out a trial date has been set in the case against Casey. She'll be tried for first-degree murder on February 9 and the case is going to be expensive, especially if it's moved out of town.

Just heard January 5th 2009 Trial date for Casey.

<<I wonder why Baez didn't ask for a speedy trial if he is so confident that LE doesn't have a case against KC?>>

Actually, I think this is kind of quick. It's already November, that doesn't leave alot of time to defend against a first degree murder charge.

It's still October... by my calendar. True, Nov. is just 3 days away, but... it ain't here yet!

I can't believe how fast they're moving. I would have thought June of '09 - Baez is going to have a hell of a time getting money and witnesses together by Dec./Jan. He may be forced to ask for a delay.

One would think he'd be more than prepared - or what was the purpose of meeting with Casey five days a week for 6 hours at a time? I've never heard of a defendant spending so much time with their attorney.

Is Strickland going to be the judge to hear the trial? Why hasn't the defense asked for a change in venue? That would be one of the first things they would ask for - oh wait, Casey's new defense lawyer who has death penalty trial experience, his death penalty clients are all on death row - Casey should be worried

I would certainly expect the defense to request COV (though not sure where they're gonna find 12 people who've been hiding under a rock). Btw did you read comments by veteran criminal da Diana Tennis? Because if she's still calling State's evidence against KC "weak," defense better brush up on their "game."

Game. Set. Match.

http://www.local6.com/news/17815086/detail.html

I heard on CNN Headline News today that the former mayor of Detroit was sentenced on his sexual misconduct charge, and that he will be kept away from other prisoners. The city plans to charge him $60.00 per day for his 100+ stay in the county jail during his time in "solitary confinement":

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/081027/world/detroit_mayor_33

So if the city of Detroit can bill him $60.00 per day, why doesn't Orlando give KC (and her family) a bill for keeping her away from other prisoners. If there's any money to be gained from this case on movie or book deals, it should ALL go back to the city of Orlando, instead of expecting tax payers to pay for her solitary confinement.....

I heard on CNN Headline News today that the former mayor of Detroit was sentenced on his sexual misconduct charge, and that he will be kept away from other prisoners. The city plans to charge him $60.00 per day for his 100+ stay in the county jail during his time in "solitary confinement":

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/capress/081027/world/detroit_mayor_33

So if the city of Detroit can bill him $60.00 per day, why doesn't Orlando give KC (and her family) a bill for keeping her away from other prisoners. If there's any money to be gained from this case on movie or book deals, it should ALL go back to the city of Orlando, instead of expecting tax payers to pay for her solitary confinement.....

Casey is an adult. The Anthonys are not responsible for her bills.

I would certainly expect the defense to request COV (though not sure where they're gonna find 12 people who've been hiding under a rock). Btw did you read comments by veteran criminal da Diana Tennis? Because if she's still calling State's evidence against KC "weak," defense better brush up on their "game."

Game. Set. Match.

There are a lot of people that aren't following this case, they'll find 12 people and some alternates - it won't be a problem - might take a few weeks but it'll happen, I'm just wondering when they'll find another venue - Tampa maybe? I wonder when the defense has to file it, because jury selection will start in about 30 days, thats not a lot of time

Game. Set. Match.

There are a lot of people that aren't following this case, they'll find 12 people and some alternates - it won't be a problem - might take a few weeks but it'll happen, I'm just wondering when they'll find another venue - Tampa maybe? I wonder when the defense has to file it, because jury selection will start in about 30 days, thats not a lot of time

Yeah. It's hard to believe that not everyone is following this case as closely as some of us. :)

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname
Back