Casey Anthony: Where The Truth Lies (Peacock Documentary) Discussion

Casey Anthony's aunt, Pam, telling Nancy Grace what Shirley Plesea (Cindy's Mother) told her about the physical altercation between Cindy and Casey the night of Sunday, June 15, 2008, after the nursing home visit:
(Starts at 1:30)

"My decision haunts me to this day," he says. "I think now if I were to do it over again, I'd push harder to convict her of one of the lesser charges like aggravated manslaughter. At least that. Or child abuse. I didn't know what the hell I was doing, and I didn't stand up for what I believed in at the time."

A public rebuttal? What could go wrong? :rolleyes:

Keep in mind, Casey once walked the detectives right down the hall at Universal :

"... strolled into the offices on the Universal Studios backlot as if she had been there hundreds of times before.

It was shortly after noon on July 16, 2008, and Anthony was flanked by three police detectives and a Universal Studios manager. She did not have an employee badge, but the 22-year-old insisted that she was an employee at the theme park.

For nearly 10 minutes, Anthony and the officers wandered aimlessly around the maze of cubicles and offices before she finally hit a dead end: there was a wall in front of her. One one side was a locked office. On the other side was a men's room. There was nowhere for her to go.

Finally, Anthony sighed deeply and turned around to face the detectives. She shoved her hands in her back pockets. "OK," she said slowly, according to court testimony. "I don't work here."

THAT^^^ is how much of a bald faced liar this vile creature is.

It’s still so shocking that she did this.

As far as those jurors go, they convicted her of lying to law enforcement -
But failed to convict her of her 'missing' child's murder.
Makes no sense whatsoever.

I will not watch Anthony spout more lies. She should be on death row, if not already dead. I did watch the polygraph show on Cindy and George though. It appalls me that Cindy thinks Caylee drowned. Anthony put duct tape over that child's mouth and nose! That did not happen in a pool. This was not an accident. She shut her child up so she could *advertiser censored* around. How anyone could believe a single word out of her mouth after watching that trial and her constant stream of lies is beyond me. She does not deserve to spend one more second on this earth and she certainly doesn't deserve a tv show to spread her evil deceptions on her family and the society at large.
It seems that, unless Grandma really looked up chloroform all those times, CA is not the only one lying.

I had forgotten about the ‘foolproof suffocation’ search. If only that had been disclosed and presented at trial. Now I’m back to leaning into it was premeditated murder.

What a cluster of a case, with one of the stankiest defendants of all time.
I believe she probably suffocated her with the duct tape, how much more foolproof can it get. Most likely after knocking her out with Xanax, aka Zanny the nanny. JMO. :mad:

I believe she probably suffocated her with the duct tape, how much more foolproof can it get. Most likely after knocking her out with Xanax, aka Zanny the nanny. JMO. :mad:
I believe your scenario is much closer to what really happened to that poor baby than ANYTHING that has EVER come out of Casey Anthony's lying mouth.

I think her jealousy of her parents' affection and attention towards Caylee was a factor for Casey wanting Caylee out of the picture, but I think the over-riding factor was she just wanted to be free to do whatever she wanted to do--she wanted the night life--and for her, Caylee was an albatross - and she just had to get rid of her---She has no remorse (obviously) for her actions. She is as cold as ice-- she never batted an eyelash in her interviews- she lies with such ease-- she is free because of several factors which include the prosecution going for the death penalty without a cause of death, and other intangibles that occurred during the trial. Apparently the lie about George was believed by some jurors: IMO this was just a really poor jury: they fell for the manipulation by the defense: putting her in a low chair making her look smaller and vulnerable, Casey's mother covering up for Casey during her testimony- she out and out perjured herself to save her daughter. In any event, Casey is free as the breeze: I just hope and pray she has no more children.

I always thought Casey Anthony was consumed by intense jealousy and envy. She is most likely an injustice collector or grudge hoarder.

I just binge watched this so-called documentary last night. I found myself getting a bit sucked in by it. I was glad to come to Websleuths to ground myself back in reality. It was especially helpful to watch the Body Language panel analysis of CA in the doc, as well as that of the Behavioral Arts.

One comment I have is related to the production of this 3 part “documentary”. I expect objectivity from a documentary, but this was shamefully slanted in favour of CA.
An example I noted was when she got up one morning during the shoot, and was asked how she slept. She responded something like “there are no good night sleeps for me, ever” and expands on a bad dream she’d just had, a recurring dream. But the telling of the story jumps from the kitchen over coffee where she’s presumably just woken up, to her sitting in her pretty emerald green dress, detailing the abuse from first GA then later to a lesser degree, LA.
there is also the heart-tugging musical score in the background throughout, to underscore her poignant struggle.
just weighing in late with some crazy thoughts.

I don’t give a sh** about what anyone thinks about me, I never will,” she told AP. “I’m OK with myself; I sleep pretty good at night.” Casey Anthony breaks her silence: 'I sleep pretty good at night'
Believe her! she does not care what anyone thinks and she has no conscience which is why she sleeps well! Caylee was an obstacle in her way- she got rid of that obstacle and she never looked back-- that she got away with murder will bother me forever

This is a copy/paste of the peacock documentary filmmaker's interview with Variety magazine, if anyone's interested:

Why did Casey Anthony feel like now was the right time to participate in a series like this?

Casey says she chose to speak now because she’s been through 10 years of therapy and dealt with a lot of her trauma and she finally understands what happened to her.

Viewers have taken issue with Anthony saying that trauma due to sexual assault made her lie over and over again during the search for Caylee. Over the last few decades, it’s been clear that the public initially has a hard time accepting allegations of sexual abuse — especially childhood sexual abuse. Why do you think that is?

We don’t want to acknowledge that parents can sexually abuse their children because it’s simply too frightening. The damage to the children is so profound. We never want to hear about such terrifying sexual abuse. It took years and years of whistleblowers coming forward to begin the #MeToo movement. Same with the whistleblowers who revealed pedophilia in the Catholic Church. It may also be decades before we can recognize that sexual abuse by parents is fairly widespread.

Not until episode three do you get into the details of Anthony’s side of the story. Why wait so long?

Until we’ve gone through the doubt and uncertainty of episodes one and two, I didn’t think our audience would be ready, because I myself wasn’t ready to listen to Casey until then. So, episode three is where you hear my probing questions for Casey as I try to understand her version of events. Episode three is where we explore why she behaved so strangely during the 31 days Caylee was missing, and it’s when we hear her story of how her father George pretended to be on her side, told the media she was innocent and then suddenly became the star witness against her. It’s like turning a glass three times and seeing three stories. My conclusion is that we don’t know what happened to Caylee because no one has tested Casey’s version of events in a court of law, but the media and the cops should have looked at all these three sides of the story to evaluate what happened instead of only one. That’s why it’s so important to watch all three episodes before reaching a conclusion.

“The entire defense was that Caylee drowned in the pool, but now she’s saying she didn’t,” one juror told People Magazine. “So either the defense was a lie or she’s lying now.” Can you explain why Casey was OK with her defense using the drowning as a theory if she didn’t believe it?

Casey tells us she felt too traumatized to speak directly to her lawyers about what happened to Caylee, but she told everything to court appointed psychologists who interviewed her in jail. The defense lawyers had access to those transcripts and could craft their arguments accordingly. We checked the transcripts and Casey told those psychologists the same story she tells us now: that her father appeared with Caylee soaking wet in his arms, that the baby appeared lifeless, but he said she’d be alright, that she listened to him because she wanted to believe him, and that he disappeared with Caylee and she didn’t know where he went. So, Casey’s story has been consistent all these years. Addressing why her lawyers chose to go with the theory that Caylee drowned, Casey says her lawyers couldn’t say “Casey doesn’t know what happened to her kid.” They had to come up with a theory they could argue in court. I would add that they also couldn’t put George on trial. That wasn’t their job, their job was to argue for Casey’s innocence.

I just binge watched this so-called documentary last night. I found myself getting a bit sucked in by it. I was glad to come to Websleuths to ground myself back in reality. It was especially helpful to watch the Body Language panel analysis of CA in the doc, as well as that of the Behavioral Arts.

One comment I have is related to the production of this 3 part “documentary”. I expect objectivity from a documentary, but this was shamefully slanted in favour of CA.
An example I noted was when she got up one morning during the shoot, and was asked how she slept. She responded something like “there are no good night sleeps for me, ever” and expands on a bad dream she’d just had, a recurring dream. But the telling of the story jumps from the kitchen over coffee where she’s presumably just woken up, to her sitting in her pretty emerald green dress, detailing the abuse from first GA then later to a lesser degree, LA.
there is also the heart-tugging musical score in the background throughout, to underscore her poignant struggle.
just weighing in late with some crazy thoughts.
I admire your ability to wade through a documentary about this vile evil woman. I myself could not spend one split second (that I could never get back) reading or watching a doc mentary about her. She is a pathological liar . I wouldn't believe one word out of her mouth-- IMO she murdered that beautiful baby girl who would now be a grown woman now- living an anonymous life that she deserved. On the other hand, her mother is living the life she always wanted- getting rid of her baby girl sure paved the way for the beautiful life- Oh Casey always wanted. Oh and for good measure she threw her father under the bus and ruined his life as well. She is a sociopath.

After devouring every news show, every doc drop, every single show about Caylee throughout the investigation and trial I decided Casey Anthony had wasted enough of my life and she could have no more. I’ve avoided every single article, news show, docudrama she’s put out. She’ll never change. It will always be someone’s fault, never hers. But we know the truth. There were 3 pieces of duct tape wrapped around that beautiful little face

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back