Casey Anthony's 'failure to protect' caused Caylee's death, DCF said

I still get text alerts from the Orlando Sentinel and I really wanted to smash my phone when this one came in. I just don't know how many more ways Caylee can be let down......

I would think that LDB, JA, and FG knew about his since it is part of Florida's procedure. I guess they were trying to go for Capital Murder and chose to leave this part out of verbal testimony for the lesser neglect charge.

After all, the interview only happened b/c Caylee was missing/dead. There is nothing DCF could do once Caylee was found deceased except give the information to the Prosecutor's Office. DCF is just now wrapping up their end of it since the Murder case is finished, they can now close their open file.

Seems like this is enough information for a civil suit to be filed... can someone else besides Caylee's Father file one? I have posted on the verified attorney post a question regarding whether or not GA and or CA can file since they were deemed to be next of kin by the courts... not that they would ...

Want to bet on that? They sold pics, set up a bogus charity...........IMO

Money is the root to all evil...........PLUS, they KNOW what happened yet LIED to EVERYONE and have YET to have told the truth the whole truth and nothing but the truth!!!

Still no news conference. Grrrrrrrr
Well, DCF filed this report late, can't expect them to be on time for the news conference they announced. Double Grrrrrrr.

I so agree!I hope they have to TRY and go back to work,if ANYBODY would hire them.Gosh,I just can't stand the fact that despicable murderer would make a dime off little Caylee's death!Those defense lawyers are soo corrupt!Only guilty people need them!MOO,always.

it took them 3 years to determine this? if they had really been on the ball, it should have taken them no longer than 24 hours after caylee was reported missing (day 32)!

I wonder how Cheney Mason likes this little report. And how the jury feels knowing they believed a trumped up story. How many disconnects and mis-steps need to be corrected in this legal system in Orange County? And now we hear that although there are hundreds of thousands of dollars owed for court fines and fees that the auditor who would be in charge of making sure that people are truly indigent was let go with budget problems?

Why not just close the court system there? Because surely if they can pay $361,000 for a jury to be housed, eat and transported only to have the trial end up in this mess, something needs to be fixed.

I couldn't help but laugh when I read this:

"The CPI asked the mother about the thirty-one day lapse in telling her parents that Caylee was missing. The mother responded that she did not have a 'falling out' with her parents; she was just living with her boyfriend. When she could not find Caylee she began to retrace her steps, tried to call Zenaida, and when that did not work she came home and told her parents."

I would like to know, though, why DCF was never brought into the trial. I know records are confidential, but this is a child's death. At least having the social worker who interviewed Casey get on the stand might have been good. I guess because their investigation wasn't complete, they couldn't testify to anything in court. I am surprised about that. But I still believe in the SA, and there must have been a good reason DCF was never in court for this case.

Not sure what the point of this was- calling what she did 'neglect' is being very generous and there aren't going to be any penalties for this 'neglect' are there?
What did it take three years for them to figure out?

I believe this is a pre-emptive strike in the event FCA has another child. they can remove that child because of the results of this investigation, though she was unloosed on society. (at least if she is in FL but this would probably hold water anywhere in the nation where FCA was trying to breed.)

This report can't be that confidential, since it was released now.
So why not earlier? They held it as a courtesy! Why?????

I'm so waiting for Lippman to release a statement that Cindy and George do not agree with this report...you just know Cindy is hopping mad about now and can't keep her mouth shut.

Florida's DCF has a long and troubled past. I just don't understand why this report could not have been done sooner and made a part of the public record BEFORE the trial.:banghead:

Here is just one example of the many problems DCF has had:

DCF's missing children
Florida's child welfare system has been unable to locate more than 500 children under its care, some of them missing for a decade or more. Where are the children? A Sun-Sentinel search for 24 South Florida children on the missing list turned up nine -- two in under three hours.

August 11, 2002
Lost kids easily found: Sun-Sentinel turns up nine of DCF’s missing children
Florida's child welfare system has been unable to locate more than 500 children under its care, some of them missing for a decade or more.

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sfl-dcfstorygallery,0,6891643.storygallery

I am just wondering here, if DCF HAD put the report out earlier and it became evidence in the trial and FCA was acquitted, could DCF be SUED because she was found innocent of all charges? *shaking head* .....why did this come out so late....

A DCF spokeswoman said death investigations and reviews are done independently of the outcome of any legal proceedings.

"These investigations provide critical history should the Department have future contact with the family, or in response to any future concerns related to new children in the household," spokeswoman Carrie Hoeppner said in an email.

The report says that Cindy and Lee Anthony should have been interviewed for the missing person report, citing a Florida administrative code.

What is going on here again??????????

..the Recommendations at the conclusion of the report are:

*Florida Administrative code 65C-29.003 (3)(h) indicates that all adult household members are required to be interviewed, therefore the maternal grandfather --george--should have been interviewed for the missing person report.

*It is recommended to follow the best practise of interviewing subjects of an investigation seperate of other individuals involved in the report.

* Florida Administrative code 65C-29.003 (8) indicates that relevant collateral contacts need to be completed, therefore the maternal uncle --lee-- should have been interviewed for the missing person report and documenting them in the file.

Great point. And other DCS reports were released. I know, I read them. What the heck is going on here?

:waitasec: I was "wondering" if this has "anything" to do with Judge Perry's "pending ruling" on the Probation Issue ?

Judge Perry is supposed to make a ruling by this Friday ...

And the "timing" of this info just released from the DCF makes me wonder why are they releasing this NOW ?

I'm not saying that I have a lot of "faith" in what Judge Perry will rule on the probation issue ...

But Judge knows HUGE MISTAKES were made regarding CFCA -- in every aspect of her case !

It is probably NOT related to anything regarding the "probation issue" ... BUT ... the timing is "odd" ... especially when we are waiting for his decision on that ...

:waitasec:

MOO MOO MOO

..the Recommendations at the conclusion of the report are:

*Florida Administrative code 65C-29.003 (3)(h) indicates that all adult household members are required to be interviewed, therefore the maternal grandfather --george--should have been interviewed for the missing person report.

*It is recommended to follow the best practise of interviewing subjects of an investigation seperate of other individuals involved in the report.

* Florida Administrative code 65C-29.003 (8) indicates that relevant collateral contacts need to be completed, therefore the maternal uncle --lee-- should have been interviewed for the missing person report and documenting them in the file.

Like any of the A's are going to speak to DCF now? And I'm guessing since there are just recommendations, they aren't going to be completed anyway. Can you imagine the media circus if a DCF worker was to show up at their house or Lee's house?

Or maybe these are recommendations should Casey have another child so they will handle the situation differently next time?

Because like everything else "Casey".......
She falls in a pile of chit and comes out smelling like a rose.
This woman should play the lottery, go to Vegas, the racetrack.
This woman's good luck is like nothing I've ever seen!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB
Back