Casey at Colonial High

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was asked to post this in it's own thread, mods merge it if you need to do so.

Ok I posted last night that I have a friend and her sister in law taught Casey at Colonial High. I said I would try to find out more on what kind of person Casey was back then. I was able to talk to my friend and that is what she said.

Casey was very quiet and had few friends, almost like an "outcast" is what she said. The few friends that she did have she stuck with. She was very smart, the class that she was in was AP Physics. Cindy would come to school and try and debate grades given to Casey, she was very controlling according to my friends sis in law. The teacher believes that Casey dropped out of school because of Cindy. I asked if Casey seemed like the kind of girl that was "slutty" and she said no, that she was in fact very shy and almost withdrawn. Now this is purely this person's opinion on Casey and Cindy, but I think that being her teacher she probably isn't going to make this stuff up. I thought it may help explain the type of person that Casey was back then, and what may have lead her be the person she is today.

Thanks so much for this, Samijeansg. (So hard for me to spell Ur name; I'll just use a nemonic, "Sami jean so good.")
I think this is the first type of "confirmation" I've seen of the correctness of my hunches that KC does have certain smarts--but Physics? Yikes!
Never would've dreamed that.

Well, like they say, "Doesn't matter what you were...What matters is what you ARE."

Looking back even to generations past, people that have been abused emotionally and physically turn there anger on themselves,society or the perpetraitor. Take Lizzy Borden, brought up in a tyranical family, plotted in her mind the death of her parents and one day followed through with her thoughts. Lizzy may not have invisioned using an axe as the murder weapon, but never the less used it as her weapon of choice. Lizzy,the coy, demure, murderer is how I relate to kC when imagining what brought her sick mind to the brink to murder. This artical if in fact shows to be true, attest to kC's intelligence of knowing right from wrong. Physic's class alone teaches various formulas to provide answers and out comes to reach a scientific outcome. This sentence to me tells me KC had sense to deduct reasoning as to what is relavent or not relavent when looking at all alternatives. Very scary to see how a teacher described her as a smart loner, with very few friends and see where she is today. This teacher is describing a highschool aged young woman, not amiddle school student. This is one more admission to me that kC was able to have forthought before acting out in life. I see nothing sad when I think of KC and compare her to other abuse victims who use their past to grow and conquer the demons in their lives. KC had free will to become what ever she wanted and turn a negative into a positive. Her chices to date show no remorous as to what was and what is relevant in life. Her Daughter! As SP stated, KC was full of the kind of hate that causes murder. This extreme hate should not be compared to a simple, "I hate my over bearing mother" form of emotion. Smart physic student chose to seeth in her disgust of parents and child. As we've seen she took the path of 'I'll show them", and now this has appeared to carry over to, "I'll show the worlld"

Verité;3801034 said:
Thanks so much for this, Samijeansg. (So hard for me to spell Ur name; I'll just use a nemonic, "Sami jean so good.")
I think this is the first type of "confirmation" I've seen of the correctness of my hunches that KC does have certain smarts--but Physics? Yikes!
Never would've dreamed that.

I don't remember physics being that difficult. It was actually a required class at my high school. We did a lot of projects and stuff. I wouldn't say that Casey was a genius just b/c she took that class - even advanced. I was in advanced and it wasn't anything extra difficult.

I don't remember physics being that difficult. It was actually a required class at my high school. We did a lot of projects and stuff. I wouldn't say that Casey was a genius just b/c she took that class - even advanced. I was in advanced and it wasn't anything extra difficult.
I totally agree. I don't think kc was a rocket scientist. I do know know you must be able to deduct or add reasons, facts while working on outcomes. This one course of course doesn't elude to anti social behaviors. It only goes to show she was seen as smart gal who knew how to reach a right or wrong conclusion when given enough facts. This trait to date appears very intact and useful to our criminal charged.

...what makes me sad is that kc never received help,what makes me sad is how this could have been prevented,kc was obviously a loner.....kc was obviously looking for acceptance,kc obviously knew right from wrong,kc obviously had issues,major issues,cindy obviously chose to deny them,chose to deny them for her own needs,so she would be needed,never giving her child a chance to be an adult,never giving her husband a chance to be a man,never giving caylee a chance to survive...i have learned from this,i have learned a whole lot...i have learned how destructive needing to control really is and i did realize that in small ways i have already made some cindy mistakes but knowing what i know now....i will NEVER NEVER EVER let control go this far...

....i had a long talk with my daughter today....

...what makes me sad is that kc never received help,what makes me sad is how this could have been prevented,kc was obviously a loner.....kc was obviously looking for acceptance,kc obviously knew right from wrong,kc obviously had issues,major issues,cindy obviously chose to deny them,chose to deny them for her own needs,so she would be needed,never giving her child a chance to be an adult,never giving her husband a chance to be a man,never giving caylee a chance to survive...i have learned from this,i have learned a whole lot...i have learned how destructive needing to control really is and i did realize that in small ways i have already made some cindy mistakes but knowing what i know now....i will NEVER NEVER EVER let control go this far...

....i had a long talk with my daughter today....

Good for you!! It's great that you realize it, most never do.

...my mom did it to me as well....so i'm sure it was passed down in the anthony family as well....i became interested in the case because i love caylee....i became hooked on it because i saw so many similarities...there's a lot of denial and living in different realities in my family as well....

...my mom did it to me as well....so i'm sure it was passed down in the anthony family as well....i became interested in the case because i love caylee....i became hooked on it because i saw so many similarities...there's a lot of denial and living in different realities in my family as well....

OT, but boy do I ever hear you!

I was so happy to see this thread. I've been very very busy with prom, senior awards and upcoming graduation. I have been thinking about KC in HS and how her senior year went. I wondered about prom and all exciting pre-graduation events that were or were not taking place in her home. I don't know if all this is or was as eventful at Colonial HS as it is here but I'll post my opinion anyway. Did KC go to prom? Knowing what I know and seeing what I see regarding CA, I find it impossible to imagine CA did not have warning that KC was not going to graduate. I've been through senior year twice and there is so much hoopla leading up to graduation day. Prom (with all it's drama, lol), senior week, senior cut day (this is not school sponsored, lol), awards night, etc. IMO, there was a lot of discord in that household for quite some time leading up to graduation day. As GA said something like, KC is a child any parent would be proud of. As I see it, it started right there and then. They were not proud and let her know it. I think that CA had envisioned KC as getting scholarships and being at the top of her class. Again, I think that this was a big turning point for KC and a huge downward spiral for that family. CA began to lose control of everything but just couldn't see it and IMO she still can't.

KC is sitting in jail...with no one trying to get her out... What happened to her from High School to present? Why did she not graduate? Why did she fake college enrollment? When was she impregnated?

I think he graduated from Winter Park High School.

Lee attended 1 year and Winter Park and then went on to graduate from Colonial High.

I remember that because way back in the day, I had a friend who began at Colonial and graduated from Winter Park.

Also, in regards to another post, I wonder if Casey did those senior things... we haven't seen any prom pictures of her and I'd think we would have by now if one existed. She did love to be photographed!

Also, in Fla., there is also the fcat tests that must be passed along with classes in order to graduste. The schools watch and keep track very closely as these tests reflect back on the school and their state funding. The school itself is graded by the state on its performance of their students passing these tests. I doubt that G&C were notified that KC wasn't going to graduate that late!! The counselors, at least at my son's school, are totally on the ball about these things more than a year prior to graduation.
Of course, KC forged checks-she may have forged school papers too!!:waitasec:

OT..Lizzy Borden was innocent of killing her parents, and was found innocent by a jury... it just became a part of folklore that she was thought to be guilty.

KC.. I don't think she is stupid, although I wouldn't rank her as a genius either, she was an average student apparently, and has an average amount of intelligence as an adult. a thouroughly unremakable girl, as far as that goes. I doubt she ever spent much time thinking and reflecting on life's deeper issues, but that isn't unusual for a person of her age.
It is only when you wander into the deeper recesses of her mind and soul that you notice she is 'different'. A moral idiot, apparently, but not a mental one.

I'm sorry if someone asked this already. I skimmed through the thread and may have missed it.
I am really puzzled by this graduation thing. I mean, CA being as controlling as we know her to be, I can't imagine she had no idea until the very end that KC wasn't going to graduate. I would imagine CA would have most definitely known this earlier. Why didn't she do something? I suspect she was up at the school talking to everyone she could to get KC to graduate. So, why did this get to this point of her not being able to graduate? Something is missing to me? It doesn't make any sense.:waitasec:

I would imagine CA would have most definitely known this earlier. Why didn't she do something? I suspect she was up at the school talking to everyone she could to get KC to graduate. So, why did this get to this point of her not being able to graduate? Something is missing to me? It doesn't make any sense.

I call major BS on the stance CA and GA have taken with this whole graduation business. My daughter is a freshman, does very well, but we did hit a rough patch with English (a whole 'nother story) and the school was very very proactive with us. Schools do not want children to fail, though the parents have to be equally as proactive. When a kiddle is high school you go into the school year knowing the classes, the credits needed, the community service hours, all that fun stuff. Believe you me, they need to stop that little blindsided act.

Very little about CA and GA make sense to me.

I don't believe there is any way the teacher of KC's class would NOT contact the parents because graduating or not graduating is a major biggie.

But assuming that failing that class did somehow fall through the crack, and they only found out the day before graduation or whatever the story was, then it's even more puzzling that there was no discussion of a prom, of a graduation party being planned, of grandma coming to town to attend, of mailing invitations and receiving gifts.

I do not believe for one minute that super-control-freak CA did not know her daughter was not going to graduate. She always seems to just claim 'ignorance' when the news is not pleasant - on any subject - with her children.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
janisjoplin