Casey Not Guilty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a true believer in KARMA. "IF", and that is a BIG IF, ICA should be found not guilty for whatever reason, I know in my heart she will get back tenfold what she sowed.

I have often tried to put myself in the jurors shoes. The mere thought of sitting in that juror box and having to watch the smirks and the eye rolling of Baez would be sickening to say the least. The defense, each one of them, are not particularly impressive and come across very smug and over confident, not well organized and just plain BSers. I believe the jury will see right through the defense for what they are and ICA for the kind of person she has portrayed in her behavior.

I know it is a possibility ICA could be found not guilty, but in my heart, I don't believe that will happen. Those jurors will be Caylee's voice during this trial and there will be justice!

I agree, JDz....I believe the jurors will come to dislike her team and ICA herself. Common sense will have to be put to the test and in all reality, everything ICA did and didn't do, will go against her. She may be convicted on behavior alone, let alone the mountain of lies from the start. How she evaded her parents, how none of her friends even surmised something was amiss about Caylee...Once TonyL takes the stand and tells how she kept house, went shopping, did the cooking, never once mentioned Caylee was allegedly missing, her demeanor, her shopping trysts will show, ICA had no concerns about Caylee....back to the biggest hurdle, those 31 days, the human decomp from her vehicle, the lies, the lies, the lies, never lifting a finger to help find Caylee, no tears, nothing but an empty shell of a human who seemed to have flourished with no Caylee in tow...JMHO

Also, the jury would like to hear from the defendants own mouth what went on and I believe, ICA will never take the stand in her own defense...JMHO

Justice for Caylee

Yuri is the Mark F of KC's case,

Have I missed something about Yuri Melich? Has he shown to have lied about something?

NO HE HAS NOT! Because they know he is not allowed to comment on anything, the defense feels they can say whatever they want about him. As far as I am concerned, it is the usual whining from JB and company. I think what people are saying is that the defense will TRY to discredit YM like MF was discredited. I don't think it will work, but they are desperate and will try anything.

Last night as I was reading about the news conference today and all the speculation about what it could be about I started getting a little nervous and sick to my stomach, wondering what this BIG press conference was about my mind started thinking of all these different scenario's where KC would be found not guilty or walk away from this free. Its like with my friend who was murdered, we all know who did it, we all know he is guilty as hell, the police know he is guilty but there is absolutely nothing that can be done about it due to a technicality. Then I remembered the OJ trial, same situation there, 99% of people know he is guilty yet he walked away.

JB smirk makes me very nervous, its not that he is smart or even a good lawyer, but he is cunning and sneaky, combine that with KC's ability to lie and con and you have a pretty scary picture. My fear is that KC is going to walk or be found not guilty, because of some technicality, some dirt they dig up on someone or because the jury believes the lies or the spin. The defense has no defense and they know that or they would simply prepare their case and present it at trial. However I don't see them doing that, instead I see them either looking for away to have the case thrown out, dismissed, dropped or if it makes it to trial have KC found Not Guilty do to an error, or they somehow pull a Johnny Cochran, if the glove don't fit scenerio and she walks. I have watched SO many dateline shows, and other programs like it where they talk to the jury months or years later where they say if we would have known this or that, we would have found them guilty.

I honestly don't know if I could handle Casey being found not guilty. I think I would lose all hope for true justice in this world. This thread is for an open discussion about "If KC walked away free", how it would effect you, what you worry may keep justice from CAYLEE (I know the ultimate justice will never be in this world, but you get my point).

Not to worry KC is going down and George Anthony's reputation along with her. He is going to be used to the fullest extent in this case. They are going to hone in on sexual abuse big time while they are trying to get everything thrown out.

OJ was found innocent because of a bias on the part of the jurors, and the infinite stupidity of all of them. If you want to win a case, then you need to get the jurors with the lowest IQ so you can snow them all the way to the end of the trial. Of course, this is my opinion.

Lets see they tried Jesse Grund, then Kronk, and of course Cindy has mentioned many times Amy Huizenga and Tony the boyfriend and also Ricardo. Lately they have dragged in George re sexual abuse.

At one point George tells the prosecutors that Caylee was the center of their lives; yet, they did not know where Zanny lived. Cindy says she was not concerned about Caylee because she knew the Nanny would be able to get in touch with her if she needed to - riggggggggggght. I would not be at all surprised if Cindy had called the numbers that KC gave her only to find out that Nanny did not exist and KC, imo, told her oh she moved, I will get the new number and put it off and off and she moved again.

The vast amount of lies KC has told in this case will do her in. Saw a show the other night on a murder and the defense asked the detective if you believe the other witnesses in this case, why don't you believe the defendant and the detective replied "because she has lied to me every time I asked a question". Prosecutor listed 102 lies to them by the defendant.

KC is not going anywhere but to prison. Unfortunately, she will have access to a computer, etc. But prison is not fun - but she will adjust. Humans adjust.

don't discount the power of common sense.
The jury will get the facts spelled out one at a time. They will hear the lies, hear/see the tapes, possibly smell the car, they will know Casey's actions, words, and they will see the patterns. The defense is trying this in the press now because they know they cannot combat the facts in the courtroom. I think they hope to fool enough people before it kicks into the court room. Casey is the her own worst witness. Think about the real details without this static. The 31 days, the numerous lies about where Caylee was, the sneaking around, the partying, the video store, the many nanny lies, it all makes sense if you break it down. The State will cover it all, the defense will try to fuzzy it back up and then the State will remind the jury of the facts. There's a reason the defense is pulling their stunts now....they have nothing to warp reality in the court room. Don't fall for the game, rememer the facts and remember that the State isn't in the press trying this case, they know they don't need to.Let Jose have his smirk moments, it's all he's got.

ITA. Casey is the only one that makes sense as the killer of Caylee. I haven't seen the defense come up with another person to fit EVERYTHING against Casey yet. They just can't do it. The problem is that we see this case in bits and pieces as it comes to us. Once it's laid out completely for a jury, the only person that will make sense as the killer is Casey. IMO, they are not going to be able to beat common sense and logic in this case. That's why they're preparing so much more for the penalty phase.

Plus, I have total faith in LDB and Ashton. She tore Cindy apart on the stand when Cindy tried to lie and miscontrue facts in that one hearing. I have no doubt that they are not only going to be ultra prepared, but they are going to outclass the entire defense team every step of the way. The defense has YET to look decent in a hearing. If they can't do that for the trial, they are sunk. The jury is not going to look kindly on one man who can't speak and pretends not to be able to hear, and one man that just rambles endlessly.

The others, I don't know yet, but I'm sure they are just not capable of overcoming LDB and Ashton, much less witnesses like Dr. G. and the Dead Body Farm. As for Ms. Sims, how can you debate science if you don't know anything about it? Just because you wrote a book doesn't make you an expert. I think there's going to be embarrassment for the defense in the courtroom than anything else when it comes to Ms. Sims. She is clearly out of her league here. And Finnell I think is just a funnel for more crap in this case (I swear, I have almost typed funnel first, lol). She already has acted like she won an Oscar on her own and it was the documentary that mostly focused on her co-counsel that won an Oscar. She is definitely is wanting the limelight badly, ready for her closeup, Mr. Demille. Neither of the new lawyers impress me one bit.

And how many witnesses does the prosecution have as compared to the defense? And Casey is the worst defendant out there. The jury may convict her on her behavior during the trial alone. Unless they muzzle her or sedate her severely with drugs, her true self is going to shine through to the jury and they are not going to like what they see and hear from her.

There are just so many things against Casey here that I cannot fathom she could possibly walk away not guily unless every juror is required to have a lobotomy before trial. There is not going to be any Perry Mason moment. There is only going to be a heavy gavel and the world "Guilty" said over and over in the end.

One of the saddest things, iIf she does go free, would be all the money she would most probably get through book deals, interviews, movie rights, etc. So maybe 3 years waiting in jail is a small price for all she could get from killing her precious daughter.

Hope she rots.

Only way I see them swinging this as a defense is to throw one of her family members out as the true guilty party. It's been a short-straw game with this 'defense team' for a long time.

31 days and the "smell" in the car. ICA has admitted to both - albeit the "smell" was attributed to dead squirrels. Even if ICA didn't actually kill her - the smell in the car does her in. Who would keep a dead child in their car for any length of time? JB tried to attack that the other day by equating Yuri to a K9 scent dog. Please.

Nope - she's going down and its the 31 days and the smell in the car that's going to convict.

If KC is not found guilty....... then I am almost certain that there will be people out there who would want to kill her. IF this happens (and she walks) than she would have to have Body Guard's with her 24/7.

Nancy Grace would have a field day with this one, as would other TV shows.

I don't think there is any comparison between the OJ case and ICA's case.

As a Canadian, I watched ALL of the trial because it was fascinating.
BUT, I wasn't influenced by OJ's fame - I barely knew who he was, or the Rodney King riots ( we were very removed from that up here).

From my perspective, although I thought OJ was guilty from the start, and I will probably face a barrage of negativity for saying this - I wasn't at all surprised that he was found not guilty. Not surprised. Remember I was a completely unbiased observer.

I didn't think it was because the jury was biased by color or prejudice - to me there was no doubt and I think everyone has forgotten. The prosecution was a mess - weak, unorganized, mistake after mistake, constantly doing PR events in front of the camera, and I swear Marsha was more concerned about what she wore every day and what people were saying about her relationship with her co-prosecutor than with the case.

In a nutshell, the prosecution was extremely poor, the defense took advantage of the new DNA, and with a couple of other tricks the prosecution should have been able to squash, but didn't even get close to doing. It was a huge huge mess. No wonder Marsha quit practicing law!

We have the complete opposite happening with this case. The SA are silent, extremely well organized and documented. And from what we have seen over and over again in the hearings, are extremely effective in court.

The Defense is a mess. The more lawyers they bring in, the more unorganized and ineffective they will be. I might be concerned if there were six Richard Hornsby's sitting there, hungry, high energy and extremely bright and competitive. But no, we have a bunch of never will be's and even more has beens - who aren't there for the win (or kill as we would say in any other circle) they are there for the publicity.

It's time to keep the faith. The SA will win. Look at the evidence. ICA WILL be found guilty.

Last night as I was reading about the news conference today and all the speculation about what it could be about I started getting a little nervous and sick to my stomach, wondering what this BIG press conference was about my mind started thinking of all these different scenario's where KC would be found not guilty or walk away from this free. Its like with my friend who was murdered, we all know who did it, we all know he is guilty as hell, the police know he is guilty but there is absolutely nothing that can be done about it due to a technicality. Then I remembered the OJ trial, same situation there, 99% of people know he is guilty yet he walked away.

JB smirk makes me very nervous, its not that he is smart or even a good lawyer, but he is cunning and sneaky, combine that with KC's ability to lie and con and you have a pretty scary picture. My fear is that KC is going to walk or be found not guilty, because of some technicality, some dirt they dig up on someone or because the jury believes the lies or the spin. The defense has no defense and they know that or they would simply prepare their case and present it at trial. However I don't see them doing that, instead I see them either looking for away to have the case thrown out, dismissed, dropped or if it makes it to trial have KC found Not Guilty do to an error, or they somehow pull a Johnny Cochran, if the glove don't fit scenerio and she walks. I have watched SO many dateline shows, and other programs like it where they talk to the jury months or years later where they say if we would have known this or that, we would have found them guilty.

I honestly don't know if I could handle Casey being found not guilty. I think I would lose all hope for true justice in this world. This thread is for an open discussion about "If KC walked away free", how it would effect you, what you worry may keep justice from CAYLEE (I know the ultimate justice will never be in this world, but you get my point).

I have nightmares about this myself. Especially when I see that s**t eating grin on her ugly mug in court. I truly think she is evil.

OJ had Barry Scheck get the jury all befuddled about the validity of DNA samples and their validity that he walked. I wonder what he would do with this case to get Casey off? DNA testing has progressed from then and the public's trust in it's findings to convict people are noteworthy. I wonder, if OJ went on trial today with the exact same samples and trust in DNA sampling, would he walk on his murder case. I think with the DNA sampling in ICA's case will be damning and she will fry. JMO

It was the mishandling of those samples and other gross mistakes on the investigators part, that allowed him to walk.

Since then, even small town cops 'get it.' No walking through crime scene, just because you are a hot shot cop and you can. After the OJ trial, such morons can't plead ignorance. And if found doing so, should be charged for messing with a crime scene. Cop or not!

Before OJ's trial, there really was a problem with this. And nothing to force compliance. The OJ Trial played a major part of 'cleaning up' the system. It's better today, then it was then. We can trust the science more so today, because of what the system as a whole, learned back then.

If it happened to day, each of those samples would have been handled with care. Before even being lifted, until a lab rights a report. All completely documented, etc. OJ would have been found guilty.

Sorry, But I have all the faith in the SA...it doesn't even cross my mind she will be found "NOT GUILTY" unless someone pays a juror off..LOL..we have 8 more months for these new attorney's to jump ship an I think they will...How can a juror look at ole Baez smirk an think..what's he smirking about ??? it will be his demise ..

I don't think there's a chance in heck she will walk.

Lets just say hypothetically that she does... I just read on another blog that some guy will be waiting at the courthouse with his rifle! Someone will eventually kill her. Bodyguards or not... there are a lot of people waiting to get their hands on her, and will succeed.

KC is no celebrity (as much as she thinks she is). She's a nobody. A parasite. A useless, waste of space in our society. She always has been and always will be. She's not walking away from this. Needn't not worry.

31 days and the "smell" in the car. ICA has admitted to both - albeit the "smell" was attributed to dead squirrels. Even if ICA didn't actually kill her - the smell in the car does her in. Who would keep a dead child in their car for any length of time? JB tried to attack that the other day by equating Yuri to a K9 scent dog. Please.

Nope - she's going down and its the 31 days and the smell in the car that's going to convict.

Hi WiseOO,

The fact that she drove around with Caylee in her trunk for at least two days; forensics believes she was "discarded" on June 19th. So that is about 3 days is incredible. June 19th was very hot and the body really started decomposing that first day. HOWEVER, the purging was only from the mouth and nose at that point. But a body being in the trunk of a car in 80 degree weather (the trunk has to be hotter than the outside weather - the decomposition would be horrific - hence the smell in the car, which I read still smelled after a year (in one of the reports).

The fact that she could drive around with Caylee decaying in the trunk of her car is the act of someone who cares nothing, is incapable of it. I have smelled a decaying body and it is just horrible, you never forget it and it does smell like the worst kind of garbage imaginable. I mean I can walk the city streets and if I am in a neighborhood that has garbage still waiting, it is reminiscent of a decaying body . HOWEVER, there is no way one could mistake pizza crumbs in a box for a decaying body. I know that Cindy said there was pizza in the trunk - there was not.

The smell gets deep inside everything that is around it. Absolutely horrible.

Florida has been so careful from the get go, that I don't see any sort of a "OJ" situation happening with this case.

I do see JB trying anything, including claiming an "OJ type situation." He tried to do this in the Media, which only works if you have an "OJ" type case. SOMETHING showing the LE screwed up somewhere. That will get the public to relate and back you. They have nothing.

Banging this out in the media has done the opposite. It has aired their Client's stupidity to the public. And keeps it there. Stuff like the 31 days, taking the LE to her Job, etc. Really stupid stuff that folks are just in awe about.

The kicker, FL rarely puts women on DP. Before the media circus, she had a slim chance of ending up there. Even found guilty. But now? They pretty much put it in Florida's mind, that is where she is expected to be. Hmmm.....

Folks don't want to accept that a Mother could do something like this. But after hearing about it for 3 yrs, the jury will all ready accept the possibility that a Mother would and such a Mother should get the DP.

So I am not worried about the guilty part. I'm interested to see what the sentence will be.

One of the saddest things, iIf she does go free, would be all the money she would most probably get through book deals, interviews, movie rights, etc. So maybe 3 years waiting in jail is a small price for all she could get from killing her precious daughter.

Hope she rots.

Not so fast naturaleza.... If I were ICA and were set free, I would always be looking over my shoulder, and for just cause. I'm not so sure ICA would make it in this world unharmed. There are a lot of people who very much dislike ICA and the Anthony family. It would just be a matter of time.

Karma!

FWIW, I'm very confident she will be given a guilty sentence but am less than confident she will get the death penalty.

I certainly hear what you're saying - it scares me too. OTOH, why is JB keeping ICA behind bars for so long. It will almost be 3 years before she gets to trial! That's just insane to me. Even Simpson wanted a speedy trial, and it took 5-6 months to get him there. If I have to compare the cases, I think the OJ trial was far more complicated, yet lasted 9 months (the longest in jury trial in CA history).

But I'm holding out hope. California is quite liberal (look at Lindsey Lohan and our lack of jail space), while I consider Florida to be somewhat conservative (support for tradition and traditional values). It's also a Republican state due to social issues--specifically, abortion. In short, I don't think they take kindly to baby killers (as we saw on many news channels).

I live in CA, and watched the OJ circus. I think we're going to see an entirely different scenario with ICA. Just like we did with the Westerfield and Peterson cases.

Let's try not to worry and pray that justice is served.

Hugs,

Mel
I am not terribly worried. I don't think she'll get a not guilty verdict. I think the best she can hope for is a mistrial, after which all her attorneys will take a hike and she'll wind up with what she deserves, a public defender. Look at mistrials and their subsequen retrials. Retrials are a huge success for the prosecution as they have the opportunity to hone their cases and get a conviction the second time around - Betty Broderick, Phil Spectre, Menedez Brothers.

Oj WAS a circus, but it was also an example (in my opinion) of the prosecution failing more than the defense succeeding. One of the defense team admitted that part of their strategy was to speed up the trial to make the prosecution make mistakes and it worked.

IF she is found guilty and it's overturned on appeal, all that means is that she'll be tried again - just like a mistrial, it will give the prosecution time to tie up the loose ends in their case. A mistrial is the "only" second chance the prosecution can get legally.

I don't think anyone believes that she will walk. Her behavior of lying about everything is gonna make someone believe in her guilt. Cindy isn't going to helkpl her daughter at all. I predict that Cindy will blow up on the stand - she will again be in a situation that she has no CONTROL over, and we all saw her in action with the Zanny depositions.

The prosecution seems to be very levelheaded and intelligent unlike the defense. I am SO NOT impressed with the defense team.

Jose is not "keeping her behind bars" In most cases, people arrested for murder are not eligible for bail. When she was out, thanks to Padilla, she wasn't charged with first degree murder. Now she is and it's a no bail situation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member