Casey Not Guilty?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not to worry KC is going down and George Anthony's reputation along with her. He is going to be used to the fullest extent in this case. They are going to hone in on sexual abuse big time while they are trying to get everything thrown out.

OJ was found innocent because of a bias on the part of the jurors, and the infinite stupidity of all of them. If you want to win a case, then you need to get the jurors with the lowest IQ so you can snow them all the way to the end of the trial. Of course, this is my opinion.

Lets see they tried Jesse Grund, then Kronk, and of course Cindy has mentioned many times Amy Huizenga and Tony the boyfriend and also Ricardo. Lately they have dragged in George re sexual abuse.

At one point George tells the prosecutors that Caylee was the center of their lives; yet, they did not know where Zanny lived. Cindy says she was not concerned about Caylee because she knew the Nanny would be able to get in touch with her if she needed to - riggggggggggght. I would not be at all surprised if Cindy had called the numbers that KC gave her only to find out that Nanny did not exist and KC, imo, told her oh she moved, I will get the new number and put it off and off and she moved again.

The vast amount of lies KC has told in this case will do her in. Saw a show the other night on a murder and the defense asked the detective if you believe the other witnesses in this case, why don't you believe the defendant and the detective replied "because she has lied to me every time I asked a question". Prosecutor listed 102 lies to them by the defendant.

KC is not going anywhere but to prison. Unfortunately, she will have access to a computer, etc. But prison is not fun - but she will adjust. Humans adjust.
Bingo! There are many reasons OJ was acquitted, and that was the biggest one. I am a Californian. We have screwed up juries here, we let Robert Blake and Michael Jackson off the hook too when they were obviously guilty, but it's not because we are Liberal!
OJ's trial was held in downtown L.A., predominantly black- with a star-struck jury who did not want to be the ones to convict OJ. In contrast, his civil trial was held in Santa Monica- with rich whites on his jury, much different outcome. Yes, Mark F. had credibility problems with his use of the "N" word, but I'm not aware of his planting any evidence.:snooty: I followed the case closely.
The other biggest mistake for the prosecution was Christopher Darden having OJ try on the bloody glove in court for the first time. OJ mugged it not fitting, as well as the shrinkage from the blood wasn't taken into account. Furthermore, Judge Ito should have recused himself because he had a prior association with Johnny Cochran. I've come to learn recently from a reliable source, that even OJ's lawyers knew he was guilty!
P.S. We don't take kindly to baby killers either! We did convict Scott Peterson, and gave him death!

One of the saddest things, iIf she does go free, would be all the money she would most probably get through book deals, interviews, movie rights, etc. So maybe 3 Miranda rights is some states merely means that after the trial you have to pay back the state for expenses they have paid for your trial. So YOU ARE NOT necessarily provided an atty at "no cost to you."

I certainly hope that she doesn't take a walk on the arm of Mason ~ Whew...

Aside from the very obvious that we have seen in the document dumps, the other thing that sticks out in my mind is that fact that not one of the Anthony's have ever made a plea for the real killer to be found.
Not once.

They have been very vocal in their lies {IMO} about their daughter's innocense, yet, at the same time, have never demanded that the true killer be found.
They can mumble under their breath that they don't think that LE followed anything other than Casey, but, if it were me, and I truely thought that my daughter was not the responsible party, I would be raising hell ~

Casey seems to be content sitting in jail {maybe she thinks that she can file a suit against the state of Florida "if" she walks}
George and Cindy have had numerous opportunities to plea for the person responsible to come forward, or be found.
To offer a reward.
Nothing.

That tells me a lot.
Sure, they have tried to sway LE to look at the Grund's, Roy Kronk, Amy and other's that were Casey's friends, but, those flew flat to the ground before the words had a chance to have a period placed at the end of the sentence/suggestion.

I think that the jury is going to wonder why so many attorneys have come and gone ~ Even putting aside the fact that there is no money to be had from any account that she had at one time.
That would make me wonder what the heck.
Andrea Lyon, who takes pride in winning and going the extra mile to save people from the death penalty - gone.

Terrance Lenneman, from Florida and probably better known to the citizens - gone in a flash. Would make me wonder.

There is just to much coming and going, and, that would p*ss me off - putting me on alert right off the bat at what are they trying to hide.
And, they'll get up there and start whipping out charts, trying to scramble the jurys minds with mumbo-jumbo and fast talking twisting of facts and flying over things.

The state is going to be very precise, use easy to understand terms and explanations, and will be to the point, IMO.
That will keep the jury pools attention.

I hope in the end that there is a conviction and this is laid to rest. And, if it is determined that other's were involved, be it family or otherwise, then, I hope that they are held responsible as well.

Cindy and George's "grieving" pass has long lapsed. I think the night they enjoyed crab cakes at the Ritz, pretty much tells me that their attention was not on the CSI inspecters crawling around in that swamp retrieving what was left of their grand daughter.
They all have many things to answer to and for ~ I hope it that warrents are served on them the day of Casey's conviction, and while she is removed in handcuffs out one door, her parents are handcuffed and led out another for their "coming to Jesus talk/interagation".
Not that they are gonna give anything up ~ They are flanked by attorney's in all the hearings.

BBM: Thank you for that reminder, and the wonderful post. I am concerned, however, for those who have not followed this case and will end up on the jury. After 3 years it's "Casey Anthony who?". While we as a group know every knook and cranny of this case, the majority of people do not.

All that daming evidence (crab cakes, chili parties, baloon releases) will unlikely come into trial. And I fear the defense will potray a very grieving G&C Anthony.

You have some really strong points -- many of which I pray will show up in trial.

Hugs,

Mel

I am not terribly worried. I don't think she'll get a not guilty verdict. I think the best she can hope for is a mistrial, after which all her attorneys will take a hike and she'll wind up with what she deserves, a public defender. Look at mistrials and their subsequen retrials. Retrials are a huge success for the prosecution as they have the opportunity to hone their cases and get a conviction the second time around - Betty Broderick, Phil Spectre, Menedez Brothers.

Oj WAS a circus, but it was also an example (in my opinion) of the prosecution failing more than the defense succeeding. One of the defense team admitted that part of their strategy was to speed up the trial to make the prosecution make mistakes and it worked.

IF she is found guilty and it's overturned on appeal, all that means is that she'll be tried again - just like a mistrial, it will give the prosecution time to tie up the loose ends in their case. A mistrial is the "only" second chance the prosecution can get legally.

I don't think anyone believes that she will walk. Her behavior of lying about everything is gonna make someone believe in her guilt. Cindy isn't going to helkpl her daughter at all. I predict that Cindy will blow up on the stand - she will again be in a situation that she has no CONTROL over, and we all saw her in action with the Zanny depositions.

The prosecution seems to be very levelheaded and intelligent unlike the defense. I am SO NOT impressed with the defense team.

Jose is not "keeping her behind bars" In most cases, people arrested for murder are not eligible for bail. When she was out, thanks to Padilla, she wasn't charged with first degree murder. Now she is and it's a no bail situation.

I believe that statement is in reference to him acting like he has info that can free her permanently. But that he is waiting until trial to surprise it on everyone. A "got you" moment. If he has evidence that proves she is innocent, and not releasing it, then HE is "keeping her" behind bars.

Bingo! There are many reasons OJ was acquitted, and that was the biggest one. I am a Californian. We have screwed up juries here, we let Robert Blake and Michael Jackson off the hook too when they were obviously guilty, but it's not because we are Liberal!
OJ's trial was held in downtown L.A., predominantly black- with a star-struck jury who did not want to be the ones to convict OJ. In contrast, his civil trial was held in Santa Monica- with rich whites on his jury, much different outcome. Yes, Mark F. had credibility problems with his use of the "N" word, but I'm not aware of his planting any evidence.:snooty: I followed the case closely.
The other biggest mistake for the prosecution was Christopher Darden having OJ try on the bloody glove in court for the first time. OJ mugged it not fitting, as well as the shrinkage from the blood wasn't taken into account. Furthermore, Judge Ito should have recused himself because he had a prior association with Johnny Cochran. I've come to learn recently from a reliable source, that even OJ's lawyers knew he was guilty!
P.S. We don't take kindly to baby killers either! We did convict Scott Peterson, and gave him death!

Not to get too OT, but I think the celebrity factor does have a lot to do with it. OJ, Lindsey, Blake -- they all got off, or with very light sentences. None were baby killers, like Peterson and Westerfield. I agree, we don't take kindly to baby killers.

I do think the jury in the OJ case had something to do with his acquittal. The mix of race and women always made me nervous (IMHO):

The Jury By Sex: 10 Women, 2 Men (were the women infatuated with OJ)

The Jury By Education: 2 College Graduates, 9 High School Graduates, 1 Without Diploma

The Jury By Race: 9 Blacks, 1 Hispanic, 2 Whites

Personally, I don't think the race was fair at all. It wasn't a jury of his peers, but more of his race.

Then again, the Peterson jury was predominately white, so my theory could or could not be tossed out the window. But at least they had 6 men and 6 women. And who could forget strawberry shortcake!

I'm rambling now -- sorry.

Mel

ps: all MOO

FWIW, I'm very confident she will be given a guilty sentence but am less than confident she will get the death penalty.

I agree. I think it was on JVM that they were comparing other Mothers who have killed their children. Most of them get life w/o parole. If Casey were a Man she would definitely get the DP. I guess I'm ok with it as long as she never steps foot outside those prison gates for the rest of her life. But if anyone deserves the DP it's ICA!!!!!

The jury will not ignore the 31 days - nor will they over look her lies to detectives - her walk to Universal and to her fake office. Her night out at blockbuster when she claims she was looking for Caylee.

There is nothing true about KC and the doubt raised will never be resonable it will be fable and a huge risk. IMHO

Apologies for a slight OT, been reading during my absence and just had a 'lightbulb' moment.

Driving around with a body in the car would be just unbearable, and Floridians will be able to imagine that ---- this will go towards a jury convicting her.

I often wondered about searches from cell phone pings around the airport ---- well duh me, ICA may not have initially bagged the baby, hence the oddly shaped stain in the trunk. Once the smell began to invade the car, ICA acquired (stole) the bags from home, but had to conceal Caylee inside them FAR FAR away from where anyone could catch a whiff.

Maybe that witness DID see ICA at the airport. Shoot....not sure where this belonged now, please move as fit. Sorry again.

The jury will not ignore the 31 days - nor will they over look her lies to detectives - her walk to Universal and to her fake office. Her night out at blockbuster when she claims she was looking for Caylee.

There is nothing true about KC and the doubt raised will never be resonable it will be fable and a huge risk. IMHO
Those videos alone are enough to convict her, IMO!:twocents: The night it's been tracked back that her daughter went missing, (she was the last one known to be with her) and she's renting videos with her boyfriend, and didn't say a word to him about her being missing!!!:doh::doh::doh: Also, the photos of her dancing and partying and cashing stolen checks during the 31 day time period...

She will never be free from this she will forever be a baby killer. If she walked out of there tomorrow she will be faced with the accusation everyday for the rest of her life. All of the people protecting her now will be long gone and she will be alone much like OJ. She will be watching her back forever, with good reason as some people just wont take not guilty as an option. I doubt she will be not guilty but if so she will be paying for this forever. Lets not forget she is also a thief and a pretty stupid one at that she just might get caught up in something else illegal much like OJ. IMO

During this Bill Sheaffer interview with Kathi Belich something really struck me about their discussion of the smell of Casey's car. http://www.wftv.com/video/25008726/index.html

Cindy said it smelled like a dead body.
George said it smelled like a dead body.
Simon Burch said it smelled like a dead body.
Yuri Melich said it smelled like a dead body.
A cadaver dog indicated on the trunk of the car.
Oakridge National Lab has performed scientific testing that indicates there was a dead body in the trunk.
Casey herself said her car smelled like a dead animal. She gave 2 different explanations for this - squirrels died in the engine and her dad borrowed her car and ran over something. There is no proof either one of those happened.

IMO this is a big part of what will get Casey a guilty verdict. When Kathi Belich asked Baez about this in the PC he said I won't discuss the facts of the case, you'll hear everything at trial, in fact you'll then find out what the "Baez Smirk" has been about this whole time. I just do not see any reasonable way he can explain away Caylee was last seen with Casey, she was never reported missing by Casey, the trunk of Casey's car smelled like decomposition and a hair showing decomposition of Caylee's was found in the trunk, no one had Casey's car but Casey and she abandoned it after she had already said it smelled like something dead was in it.

Unless Dr. Henry Lee planted the remains of a squirrel in the car when he and Jose inspected it, there is no reason for the Baez Smirk. None! Casey will be found guilty of most if not all of the charges against her.

I agree Nort.

With only one exception. If she walked out of there, I think that it is possible that she could live without having to watch over her shoulder. She would have to relocate but there are plenty of places in the US where people have no clue who she is actually IMHO.

But, that wouldn't work long for her. She's of a criminal mindset, and it wouldn't be long before she would be caught commiting another crime IMHO.

I believe that statement is in reference to him acting like he has info that can free her permanently. But that he is waiting until trial to surprise it on everyone. A "got you" moment. If he has evidence that proves she is innocent, and not releasing it, then HE is "keeping her" behind bars.

Absolustely, and if he has evidence that someone else did it, there's not a news journalist who wouldn't love to shout it from the rooftops. He KNOWS she is guilty. Now he has to worm her way out of it.

During this Bill Sheaffer interview with Kathi Belich something really struck me about their discussion of the smell of Casey's car. http://www.wftv.com/video/25008726/index.html

Cindy said it smelled like a dead body.
George said it smelled like a dead body.
Simon Burch said it smelled like a dead body.
Yuri Melich said it smelled like a dead body.
A cadaver dog indicated on the trunk of the car.
Oakridge National Lab has performed scientific testing that indicates there was a dead body in the trunk.
Casey herself said her car smelled like a dead animal. She gave 2 different explanations for this - squirrels died in the engine and her dad borrowed her car and ran over something. There is no proof either one of those happened.

IMO this is a big part of what will get Casey a guilty verdict. When Kathi Belich asked Baez about this in the PC he said I won't discuss the facts of the case, you'll hear everything at trial, in fact you'll then find out what the "Baez Smirk" has been about this whole time. I just do not see any reasonable way he can explain away Caylee was last seen with Casey, she was never reported missing by Casey, the trunk of Casey's car smelled like decomposition and a hair showing decomposition of Caylee's was found in the trunk, no one had Casey's car but Casey and she abandoned it after she had already said it smelled like something dead was in it.

Unless Dr. Henry Lee planted the remains of a squirrel in the car when he and Jose inspected it, there is no reason for the Baez Smirk. None! Casey will be found guilty of most if not all of the charges against her.
Pru, I think two cadaver dogs hit on the car. I can't see anyway around that smell of decomp. Decomp is decomp and it smells like nothing else.

It was the mishandling of those samples and other gross mistakes on the investigators part, that allowed him to walk.

Since then, even small town cops 'get it.' No walking through crime scene, just because you are a hot shot cop and you can. After the OJ trial, such morons can't plead ignorance. And if found doing so, should be charged for messing with a crime scene. Cop or not!

Before OJ's trial, there really was a problem with this. And nothing to force compliance. The OJ Trial played a major part of 'cleaning up' the system. It's better today, then it was then. We can trust the science more so today, because of what the system as a whole, learned back then.

If it happened to day, each of those samples would have been handled with care. Before even being lifted, until a lab rights a report. All completely documented, etc. OJ would have been found guilty.
You are so right. A girl was murdered on a high school campus here shortly after OJ. The scene was taped off (classes went on as normal as it was finals) and everyoe was suited up in white jump suits. OJ was a learning experience in more than one way.

I noticed that Henry Lee had nothing to challenge in Scott Peterson. The state paid for him because the defense was allegedly broke, and he was flown to Redwood City, but sat in a hotel room and never testified. He said in his book that the only thing he would have done differently was to fingerprint the house. I find that ludicrous. There was no evidence of any break-in, there was hundreds of thousands dollars worth of jewelry lying in plain site in the bedroom so WHY would they want to fingerprint the home?

Pru, I think two cadaver dogs hit on the car. I can't see anyway around that smell of decomp. Decomp is decomp and it smells like nothing else.

And don't forget the one hair found - tested to have mitochondrial DNA - and ICA's bright quip - well I'm still here (not an exact quote I realize, but close enough).

The hair was found in the trunk of the car and showed a death band also. It was proven it was Caylee's hair, so how could a hair from a dead Caylee be in the trunk if the decomp found was from someone else.

We're talking reasonable doubt here folks.

I don't think there is any comparison between the OJ case and ICA's case.

As a Canadian, I watched ALL of the trial because it was fascinating.
BUT, I wasn't influenced by OJ's fame - I barely knew who he was, or the Rodney King riots ( we were very removed from that up here).

From my perspective, although I thought OJ was guilty from the start, and I will probably face a barrage of negativity for saying this - I wasn't at all surprised that he was found not guilty. Not surprised. Remember I was a completely unbiased observer.

I didn't think it was because the jury was biased by color or prejudice - to me there was no doubt and I think everyone has forgotten. The prosecution was a mess - weak, unorganized, mistake after mistake, constantly doing PR events in front of the camera, and I swear Marsha was more concerned about what she wore every day and what people were saying about her relationship with her co-prosecutor than with the case.

In a nutshell, the prosecution was extremely poor, the defense took advantage of the new DNA, and with a couple of other tricks the prosecution should have been able to squash, but didn't even get close to doing. It was a huge huge mess. No wonder Marsha quit practicing law!

We have the complete opposite happening with this case. The SA are silent, extremely well organized and documented. And from what we have seen over and over again in the hearings, are extremely effective in court.

The Defense is a mess. The more lawyers they bring in, the more unorganized and ineffective they will be. I might be concerned if there were six Richard Hornsby's sitting there, hungry, high energy and extremely bright and competitive. But no, we have a bunch of never will be's and even more has beens - who aren't there for the win (or kill as we would say in any other circle) they are there for the publicity.

It's time to keep the faith. The SA will win. Look at the evidence. ICA WILL be found guilty.

Respectfully Quoted logicalgirl :)
BBM

YES! I do remember now that you have reminded me. I knew enough to say earlier that this case was not like OJ but I had totally forgot that the prosecution was Marsha and those guys and the stuff about her hair(?), or her clothes? (I did not follow the case closely, but you did not have to do so, to have heard much of the case-it was that covered in the national news on a regular bais, waay more than the Anthony case, waaay more). I remember watching the "Bronco chase" on television and thinking that if OJ was innocent he wouldn't be trying to run.

Then there was judge Ito. From my understanding he was not well respected by the time the trial was over, although I don't remember the specifics as to why. There were "skits" on SNL(or one of the comedy shows)with "Judge Ito Dancers": the SA and the Judge himself were seen as you have said exactly in your post. Everything you said in your post is just how I perceived it all too. In bringing this up, I can see how WSers have been saying that "going after" YM might be that same kind of defense they had in the OJ case, where the competence of the investigation of LE was brought into question...

I didn't get what people were saying they were trying to do, but now-if they are trying to make OCSO look like the LE that investigated the OJ case: that is crazy! It's not anywhere near the same thing, AND now I understand WSers who say juries that see through these types of things will not appreciate such a tactic being tried. I know I wouldn't. That is an insult to your intelligence.

This is not a racial issue.
This is not the 1990's.
Casey was not in the public eye before she (imo)killed Caylee.

And, thanks to this post I can add: this prosecution is NOT the prosecution from the OJ case. Maybe we need to start a thread called, "How the Casey Anthony Case is NOT like the OJ Simpson Case." And dedicate it to Casey's "dream team."

Sometimes in thinking about this case to Casey(in my mind)I say, "you do not understand that you have been caught by the system that is set up to punish people who murder." Does that make sense outside my head? Like: she didn't get caught by me...what would I do with her? She got caught by "THE STATE", and as Justice is blind: so is punishment. They know what she has done and they will, with laws not morals: punish Casey for what she did. The State seeks to continue what it sees as harmony within itself and citizens that kill other citizens are deemed unfit for society, unfit to be free within the state. Casey was free to not be Caylee's mother, she could have given her away. Casey was not free to take Caylee's life, and for that by the law she will lose her freedom, the state intends to take away her freedom to live.

I feel that Casey does not get this, Cindy does not get this. George sort of got this but Cindy's influence and his own coward-ness keeps George from doing anything about it. Websleuthers are right, imo that say Casey and Cindy truly think Casey will walk free. I think they cannot imagine any other way of it happening. They are so full of themselves, they do really really think that there is no way Casey could be found guilty. And the defense, does not care that Casey will be found guilty, JB figures they may be able to save her life but he and the rest of the honorable officers of the court :snooty: that call themselves Casey's "defense" team only care about being "famous." For those of us who put no value in being "a star" it is hard to imagine being motivated by such a thing. Vanity and greed at work to be sure.

This trial is going to be a slaughter for the prosecution. They have so much professionalism and they have done their jobs, as other posters on this thread posted before me: they have shown this in the hearings. And we have not even seen the beginning of the tip of the ice burg.

Sometimes I think Casey is going to be found guilty like no one has ever been found guilty before. I think that so hard core that I (actually)feel(sorry)a little sorry for Casey. But it is that kind of "sorry" you felt after Darth Vader's helmet came off and he was a deformed pathetic dying old man.

This has been a great thread to read, it put a lot into perspective about this case that was muddled in my mind. It IS hard to not be effected by all the junk the defense has "put out there" not to mention Cindy and George but when you clear all that away: there is only Casey being found guilty.

Thanks to everyone for their insight and input. I :blowkiss: Websleuths

:twocents:

Last night as I was reading about the news conference today and all the speculation about what it could be about I started getting a little nervous and sick to my stomach, wondering what this BIG press conference was about my mind started thinking of all these different scenario's where KC would be found not guilty or walk away from this free. Its like with my friend who was murdered, we all know who did it, we all know he is guilty as hell, the police know he is guilty but there is absolutely nothing that can be done about it due to a technicality. Then I remembered the OJ trial, same situation there, 99% of people know he is guilty yet he walked away.

JB smirk makes me very nervous, its not that he is smart or even a good lawyer, but he is cunning and sneaky, combine that with KC's ability to lie and con and you have a pretty scary picture. My fear is that KC is going to walk or be found not guilty, because of some technicality, some dirt they dig up on someone or because the jury believes the lies or the spin. The defense has no defense and they know that or they would simply prepare their case and present it at trial. However I don't see them doing that, instead I see them either looking for away to have the case thrown out, dismissed, dropped or if it makes it to trial have KC found Not Guilty do to an error, or they somehow pull a Johnny Cochran, if the glove don't fit scenerio and she walks. I have watched SO many dateline shows, and other programs like it where they talk to the jury months or years later where they say if we would have known this or that, we would have found them guilty.

I honestly don't know if I could handle Casey being found not guilty. I think I would lose all hope for true justice in this world. This thread is for an open discussion about "If KC walked away free", how it would effect you, what you worry may keep justice from CAYLEE (I know the ultimate justice will never be in this world, but you get my point).

I'm sure many feel the same way, I know I do. We have a fine system of justice, but it is not perfect. I too belive she is guilty, 100%, but know justice and the Law are not the same thing. I believe she will be found guilty, but if she is not, for whatever reason, I will alwayse believe she did it. I also believe in God, and believe that she will have to account for what she has done, one way or another.

I wouldn't worry about JB's boasting, blathering and smirking. This is how he behaves in everyday life. False bravado is his middle name. ICA will be convicted. I do not want her to receive the death penalty I want her to serve her full time in this life and the next.

Respectfully Quoted logicalgirl :)
BBM

YES! I do remember now that you have reminded me. I knew enough to say earlier that this case was not like OJ but I had totally forgot that the prosecution was Marsha and those guys and the stuff about her hair(?), or her clothes? (I did not follow the case closely, but you did not have to do so, to have heard much of the case-it was that covered in the national news on a regular bais, waay more than the Anthony case, waaay more). I remember watching the "Bronco chase" on television and thinking that if OJ was innocent he wouldn't be trying to run.

Then there was judge Ito. From my understanding he was not well respected by the time the trial was over, although I don't remember the specifics as to why. There were "skits" on SNL(or one of the comedy shows)with "Judge Ito Dancers": the SA and the Judge himself were seen as you have said exactly in your post. Everything you said in your post is just how I perceived it all too. In bringing this up, I can see how WSers have been saying that "going after" YM might be that same kind of defense they had in the OJ case, where the competence of the investigation of LE was brought into question...

I didn't get what people were saying they were trying to do, but now-if they are trying to make OCSO look like the LE that investigated the OJ case: that is crazy! It's not anywhere near the same thing, AND now I understand WSers who say juries that see through these types of things will not appreciate such a tactic being tried. I know I wouldn't. That is an insult to your intelligence.

This is not a racial issue.
This is not the 1990's.
Casey was not in the public eye before she (imo)killed Caylee.

And, thanks to this post I can add: this prosecution is NOT the prosecution from the OJ case. Maybe we need to start a thread called, "How the Casey Anthony Case is NOT like the OJ Simpson Case." And dedicate it to Casey's "dream team."

Sometimes in thinking about this case to Casey(in my mind)I say, "you do not understand that you have been caught by the system that is set up to punish people who murder." Does that make sense outside my head? Like: she didn't get caught by me...what would I do with her? She got caught by "THE STATE", and as Justice is blind: so is punishment. They know what she has done and they will, with laws not morals: punish Casey for what she did. The State seeks to continue what it sees as harmony within itself and citizens that kill other citizens are deemed unfit for society, unfit to be free within the state. Casey was free to not be Caylee's mother, she could have given her away. Casey was not free to take Caylee's life, and for that by the law she will lose her freedom, the state intends to take away her freedom to live.

I feel that Casey does not get this, Cindy does not get this. George sort of got this but Cindy's influence and his own coward-ness keeps George from doing anything about it. Websleuthers are right, imo that say Casey and Cindy truly think Casey will walk free. I think they cannot imagine any other way of it happening. They are so full of themselves, they do really really think that there is no way Casey could be found guilty. And the defense, does not care that Casey will be found guilty, JB figures they may be able to save her life but he and the rest of the honorable officers of the court :snooty: that call themselves Casey's "defense" team only care about being "famous." For those of us who put no value in being "a star" it is hard to imagine being motivated by such a thing. Vanity and greed at work to be sure.

This trial is going to be a slaughter for the prosecution. They have so much professionalism and they have done their jobs, as other posters on this thread posted before me: they have shown this in the hearings. And we have not even seen the beginning of the tip of the ice burg.

Sometimes I think Casey is going to be found guilty like no one has ever been found guilty before. I think that so hard core that I (actually)feel(sorry)a little sorry for Casey. But it is that kind of "sorry" you felt after Darth Vader's helmet came off and he was a deformed pathetic dying old man.

This has been a great thread to read, it put a lot into perspective about this case that was muddled in my mind. It IS hard to not be effected by all the junk the defense has "put out there" not to mention Cindy and George but when you clear all that away: there is only Casey being found guilty.

Thanks to everyone for their insight and input. I :blowkiss: Websleuths

:twocents:

Your comments were wonderful Chiquita71, and thanks for the quick memory hit - I remember laughing until I cried about the dancing ITO - was it SNL or Johnny Carson? I think they both had a very good time with the craziness of that case.
I'm still shaking my head at Marsha getting a 4M advance for her book!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo