Casey's Diary Entry for June 21st & Missing Pages #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just wonder, after looking at the close up of Casey's diary... it almost looks like there were pages torn out of the diary. Anyone else notice that too???

It makes no sense that she would mis-date the entry to conceal when it was written.....if she wanted to conceal something why write it at all? I also disagree that it seems too sophisticated or old for a 17 year old to write....I thought it sounded just like notes that my 15 year olds girl friends would write to each other. It actually sounds like it was written after she decided to not finish her last course for her diploma during the summer. As long as that '03 is there in the same ink as the rest of the page.....it would convince a jury that more than likely it was written on that date....in fact, if I saw that as a juror and they tried to convince me it was newly written.....I would think they were grasping at straws and doubt their other "evidence". It's going to take a whole lot more than that page to prove anything, and if that proof was there....then why didn't they photograph it?

The labs can determine how old the ink is, how long it's been on the page and very likely what pen the ink came out of.

I just wonder, after looking at the close up of Casey's diary... it almost looks like there were pages torn out of the diary. Anyone else notice that too???

Go to page 2 and enlarge it!

the cops aren't fools, there is a major significance to this

No they aren't fools and neither are we but we have been wrong before and just because there is a picture of something and it has been placed into evidence and it has been released does not mean it has major significance. This of couse, is MVHO.

14 "I"'s in an 11 sentence diary entry...can we say narcissist???

Nor is the 14 "I" references a shock either. She is, was, and will always be a Narcissist. I guarantee you she wakes up thinking of herself, and goes to sleep thinking only of herself. Casey's FAVORITE topic is Casey!!

not to mention, diaries are typically about their authours, so 'i's aren't to be unexpected.

:rolleyes:

No they aren't fools and neither are we but we have been wrong before and just because there is a picture of something and it has been placed into evidence and it has been released does not mean it has major significance. This of couse, is MVHO.

agreed. they may have kept it for fingerprints, writing samples, ink, paper. who knows?

The photo clearly says '03 in the corner.

Casey would not have been pregnant in '03. Probably Dec 04, was when Caylee was conceived.

I'm not convinced the entry was written in '03 or '08. I think it's a toss-up.

I think the ink looks different on the two pages, but the page on the left could be a different weight and color than the lined page. That could affect the appearance of the ink.

I also think it looks like pages were torn out of the journal between the white page and the lined page.

IF it was written in 2008, the word "decision" could prove premeditation. If a jury believes this entry was written by Casey last year, it will convict her. No doubt.

EDIT:

I'd also add that it does sound as if it could have been written by a teenager. One phrase bugs me, though: "Ends justify the means." Just doesn't sound like typical teenager lingo, IMO.

what site are you viewing the pic from?

Yes, the opposite page has "'03" in the upper left-hand corner. And, as a few of us noted elsewhere, there also appears to have been a page or pages torn out between that "'03" page and the journal entry page.

i wish we could see what was written in the pages after this entry, if anything was written at all.
i have a feeling that media is holding back that info, you know..sensationalism 'n all.:rolleyes:

:clap: Absolutely!! I just thought the same when I looked at the large photo on the pdf file!!!! It's so clear. All previous pages were completely torned!!

She must have considered that day to be a turning-point in her life. Happy new beginning for a happy girl right? :furious:

could it have been written when she (graduated).

what does everyone make of red ink being on both the 03' and the entry on the next page? Did she start the diary in 03' and then rip pages out, start writing agin in 08' and just happen to pick up a red pen and make both entries 5 yrs apart. I would think it could have been written at seperate times except it looks as though the same red pen was used in both entries!

Close up pages of the book. There were pages torn out.

http://www.wftv.com/_blank/18740990/detail.html

Good job!!! I couldn't get my enlarged version that clear! Excellent.

If there is question about the date, the prosecution would surely hire a handwriting expert to compare the writings. Her handwriting surely would have changed somewhat from 2003 to 2008. Also, the ink could be compared, the amount of pressure on the page when writing, the age of the ink on both sides of the page. The ink looks the same to me, but I'm no expert. Did they send the diary to the lab?

In June 2003, KC would have been 17, still in high school, a year away from her pregnancy. What we've heard from her friends, she didn't make a dramatic change in the people she associated with until recently. The diary sounds like she made a dramatic change, so it doesn't seem to fit for 2003, also, the phrasing seems wrong for a high schooler, unless she was planning to be a writer. I do believe Cindy said KC wrote something, poetry? songs? Maybe not. We know she wanted to be a photographer.

Of course, in 2003, there would be no mention of Caylee. :rolleyes:

Let's not forget KC was bouncing around for over a month, living anyplace she could, maybe carrying a diary around was easier than toting the laptop, or maybe she wasn't always near electricity. Some people like writing in a diary, even though they are computer addicted, a diary is more personal. It could have been in the things at Tony's apartment that Lee brought back to the A house.

It's all so confusing.

I think it's 2008, myself. I think she tore out previous pages and started "afresh" that June date. I've kept diaries and usually you start off the beginning of the year with a new one--and often get tired of keeping it up. Rather than buy a new one, she had pages left in this book and decided to use it. Just an opinion, (I'm pretty sure it's mine!)

what does everyone make of red ink being on both the 03' and the entry on the next page? Did she start the diary in 03' and then rip pages out, start writing agin in 08' and just happen to pick up a red pen and make both entries 5 yrs apart. I would think it could have been written at seperate times except it looks as though the same red pen was used in both entries!

I think the pen could have been attached to the diary with velcro or one of those "loops" they have sometimes. I believe it could have easily been the same pen, even 5 years later.

100% unadulterated sociopathy. Gave me the chills. Had to crawl into bed with blankets and a quilt and my laptop.

God help and protect everyone around her.

Hard to believe there are people that cold and uncaring in the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
catheonlineghost