Casey's Diary Entry for June 21st & Missing Pages #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
We seem the page in the book were Casey wrote
I wonder if there are others pages she wrote on
and the police are not showing them yet are
saving them for a later date...What do you think ?

The big question, of course, is WHEN did she write that? If she wrote it before June of 2008, it could apply to just about ANYTHING. If she wrote it DURING June of 2008, it might, at least, come into evidence under the auspices of state of mind; otherwise, I doubt it would be admissible. If that can be proven, she'll be toast (she's toast ANYWAY, but this would probably seal the deal).

We all know that Casey will lie, cheat, steal, etc., to get WHATEVER she wants, WHENEVER she wants it. Therefore, the fact that she is obliquely admitting to doing SOMETHING that she's a little worried about wherein the end justifies the means doesn't mean ANYTHING since it could apply to almost every aspect of her life. She had obviously found something that, for the moment, made her happy, but her happiness/unhappiness is mercurial. I think it's downright ABSURD that she trusts her own judgment.

She could be talking about tricking some guy into thinking she's pregnant -- that would be a judgment call and the end (marriage) might justify the means (fake pregnancy) and she might think that would make her very happy. She could be talking about stealing something or getting someone fired or breaking a couple up so that she could horn in. She could have done something nasty to benefit herself and thrown someone else under the bus for it, rationalizing to herself that the other person probably DESERVES to be punished. It kind of boggles the mind as to the possibilities that could be going through her amoral little brain.

Unless it can be PROVEN that it was written after June 16, 2008, it means nothing as far as her trial goes.

I agree that unless it is proven it was written after June 16, 2008, it means nothing. I can't see any reasonable person/jurist ever getting past the 31 days without reporting. However, even unreasonable people won't be able to get around that diary entry, if indeed it is from 2008. That she would write about anything other than concern for her child, and that she wrote she is so "happy" while her daughter is allegedly missing will speak volumes to a jury.

Yeah, we were discussing that yesterday. It seems to me KC attempted to get some emotions out after her criminal act in June 2008 and wrote a page in her old diary. She ripped some old pages out. Then, after the s**t hit the fan, she forgot about her diary entry, which is why we're viewing it today. Kiomarie has already pegged her as forgetful, and it's an understatement to say she's had a lot on her plate lately.

Probably half the pages in this thread are long winded, multi-paragraph, (ok, lots and lots of paragraphs), posts wherein I tried to say what you just summed up so nicely in a few sentences.

WTG-1-1.gif

When I first heard this a couple days ago on Nancy Grace (who dishonestly did not mention the '03, as many websites have deceptively cropped the photo to exclude it) I was sitting there with my mouth hanging open that she would be SO stupid as to put her cold blooded thoughts in writing at that time. and feeling sick at the heartlessness. I thought, "Hmmm, maybe that's why Baez had to check into the hospital....maybe his client neglected to tell the defense about this diary and he had just found out."

But but but..... when I wrote on YouTube about how damning it was, someone else mentioned the ' 03 date and I found that photo where it is clearly '03.

I think it is not reasonable to assume that was her way of numbering pages. Who writes a page number with an apostrophe? And the idea that it was really from '08 but she wrote '03 just as a blind? IMO that's grasping at straws because we'd desperately like this to be evidence. If she thought it was so incriminating why not just get rid of the pages? Rip them out and burn them.

So I now think that it was very probably written in 2003. I imagine LE took this because IF there were any chance it was actually from 2008, the combination of that date and those words made it way too damning not to confiscate it and do an analysis of the ink to see if they can tell how long ago it was written, and if there are more pages, to see if she mentions people events etc. that give a clue to the year. Also the officer who took it may have had instructions to seize any of her journals they found.

Some have said this is not the sort of thing a teenager would write. I disagree. This is similar to things I wrote at around age 15-17, and so did friends of mine (we occasionally showed each other our journals) . What could the decision she refers to be? Maybe to stop hanging out with some old friends she now found negative, to dump an old boyfriend for a new one (maybe involving some kind of deception to get a new boyfriend, like lying that his current gf was cheating on him).....maybe to cheat on an exam, with the "end" maybe being that she would have a better chance to get into college or something, maybe to become sexually active..... could be a lot of things that a 16 year old would see as maybe life-changing decisions they were a little worried about.

If she tore out pages it probably was from Jan-June 2003, and was from whatever version of herself she thought she was leaving behind -- like if it had been all about a relationship that was ending.

(Speaking of relationships, if it was from June 2008, I would bet she mentioned Tony. She was so infatuated she was practicing her signature with his last name as if she were married to him. )
But, I must admit I doubt it's from 2008. The question also would arise, how did the journal get back into this box in her room at her folks' house? and Diane had a pretty good point, that in recent years Casey seemed more into keeping her thoughts in digital format.
Well, we shall see. But I have been disgusted at the way the media is misleading people into thinking this is definitely 2008 when there is such a clear indication that it really may not be.

You may be totally correct with what you wrote. I can't dispute your reasoning but would like to give you a few other things to consider. I've already posted a lot on the points you raise, especially why, possibly, this page still exists. Indigo and others have pointed out the similarities between this writing and the Diary of Days. This could have been like a rough draft, the similarities are so striking. We therefore know these are the types of thoughts she was having around this time frame because of the digital diary. Such a huge secret for a 22 year old to have to keep; it's very possible she told the secret to her diary because she could trust no one else, as she mentioned in Diary of Days. Interesting name for the digital entry, as well, possibly giving a secret or subconscious hat tip to the diary entry as the inspiration.

I haven't heard the journal was in a box in her room. That could be persuasive. One of the reasons I hold out hope it was 2008 is because of it's alleged location in her bedside table. It could have gotten there many ways; CA cleaning out her car, etc.

The officer may have had instructions to seize any journals and that is quite likely, imo, but so far, this is the only journal page that was photographed and provided in discovery.

As I posted within the last few days, I've raised three daughters so far. I couldn't imagine them using the phrase 'ends justifies the means' in their journals. Of course, they are very unlike KC and it's quite possible KC did think like that as a jr. in HS. (If you go back and find that previous post you'll see I used it as an opportunity to mention my girls got academic scholarships and are in honors society. Kind of like I just did here. Gosh I love repeating that!!) :)

We seem the page in the book were Casey wrote
I wonder if there are others pages she wrote on
and the police are not showing them yet are
saving them for a later date...What do you think ?

Well, since you asked... I think it's possible, if this is a 2008 entry, and if there are other pages, while maybe not being photograph-worthy, they may be part of the state's case showing when the entry was written. While I don't think it's likely, especially if she wrote this while at his apt., the next page may be covered with 'KS Lazzaro' or other pages may contain references that put the entry in 2008, not any other year.

That's 100% speculation though. We have no way of knowing if any other pages exist or what they may contain. The next page, if it shows anything, may be complaints about her math teacher in HS and show conclusively it was 2003 or may make references to preparations for Caylee's upcoming 1st or 2nd birthday, showing a different year. I think this scenario is less likely because I think LE would have flipped through a bit before taking pictures but that's jmo. Maybe they took pics then flipped and quit when they realized it was another year.

Hopefully we'll find out in next doc dump.

I saw something on the History Channel a long time ago about the FBI lab in Quantico. I remember them doing ink analysis and hand writing analysis and even back then I remember them claiming that they could tell how long the ink had been on the paper to within a couple of days and they could tell who manufactured the pen and what batch it came out of.

That was done in the Ramsey case, ecs5298. Fascinating stuff.

Another technique that may be very helpful here is the use of Electrostatic Detection Apparatus. With this method, investigators are able to read indentations which were made by previous writings, even when the pages have been ripped out.

http://www.docev.co.uk/areas_esda.html

This has always stuck in my mind, and now it's really ironic to me:

These are Casey and Iassen's IM's from 7/14/08.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77596

*snipped*
ID actually, do that now :)
KC Nice, I will actually
ID While you do that i'm gonna make a sammich
KC I'm listening to “everyday is exactly the same” by nine inch nails. Haha
ID LOL
KC (4.03pm) Ohhh true. I just had mac and cheese. Haha
ID (4.04pm) I can slap heartbreak songs on you all night long babyyyyy. Its all I listen to now
KC Oh, you and me both. haha
ID Nothing like a little self mutilation and torture to start of the days.
KC Seriously. Hints why I torture myself with a morning workout. Get your sammich
ID Ok
KC I'll listen to that song
KC( 4.08pm) Holy crap that song is amazing!!!! I love disturbed :)
ID (4.09pm) Yuup. The whole albumn is amazing
KC Youre telling me!
ID One of my favorite bands
KC (4.10pm) One of mine too
ID I saw them a couple of months ago :)
KC (4.11pm) I know!!!!. Sevendust is my all-time fave
*snipped*

This song was also her Myspace song, but I don't know the dates for that. Maybe someone with her Myspace records can help with that one.

"Every Day Is Exactly The Same" lyrics:
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/nineinchnails/everydayisexactlythesame.html

*snipped*
[Every day is exactly the same
Every day is exactly the same
There is no love here and there is no pain

I can feel their eyes are watching
In case I lose myself again
Sometimes I think I'm happy here
Sometimes, yet I still pretend
I can't remember how this got started
But I can tell you exactly how it will end

[Chorus]

I'm writing on a little piece of paper
I'm hoping someday you might find
Well I'll hide it behind something
They won't look behind

I'm still inside here
A little bit comes bleeding through
I wish this could have been any other way
But I just don't know, I don't know what else I can do

*snipped*

Anyone know where the diary was found? Personally, I think Casey had it for many years, since '03. She ripped out the first few pages and started writing again in '08 after her new found freedom. But if the date was June 21 and Casey hadn't been home, why take the diary with her? None of this makes sense to me.

This has always stuck in my mind, and now it's really ironic to me:

These are Casey and Iassen's IM's from 7/14/08.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=77596

*snipped*
ID actually, do that now :)
KC Nice, I will actually
ID While you do that i'm gonna make a sammich
KC I'm listening to “everyday is exactly the same” by nine inch nails. Haha
ID LOL
KC (4.03pm) Ohhh true. I just had mac and cheese. Haha
ID (4.04pm) I can slap heartbreak songs on you all night long babyyyyy. Its all I listen to now
KC Oh, you and me both. haha
ID Nothing like a little self mutilation and torture to start of the days.
KC Seriously. Hints why I torture myself with a morning workout. Get your sammich
ID Ok
KC I'll listen to that song
KC( 4.08pm) Holy crap that song is amazing!!!! I love disturbed :)
ID (4.09pm) Yuup. The whole albumn is amazing
KC Youre telling me!
ID One of my favorite bands
KC (4.10pm) One of mine too
ID I saw them a couple of months ago :)
KC (4.11pm) I know!!!!. Sevendust is my all-time fave
*snipped*

This song was also her Myspace song, but I don't know the dates for that. Maybe someone with her Myspace records can help with that one.

"Every Day Is Exactly The Same" lyrics:
http://www.azlyrics.com/lyrics/nineinchnails/everydayisexactlythesame.html

*snipped*
[Every day is exactly the same
There is no love here and there is no pain

I can feel their eyes are watching
In case I lose myself again
Sometimes I think I'm happy here
Sometimes, yet I still pretend
I can't remember how this got started
But I can tell you exactly how it will end

[Chorus]

I'm writing on a little piece of paper
I'm hoping someday you might find
Well I'll hide it behind something
They won't look behind

I'm still inside here
A little bit comes bleeding through
I wish this could have been any other way
But I just don't know, I don't know what else I can do

*snipped*

Wow. That's it, no 30 paragraph post. Just Wow.

When I first heard this a couple days ago on Nancy Grace (who dishonestly did not mention the '03, as many websites have deceptively cropped the photo to exclude it) I was sitting there with my mouth hanging open that she would be SO stupid as to put her cold blooded thoughts in writing at that time. and feeling sick at the heartlessness. I thought, "Hmmm, maybe that's why Baez had to check into the hospital....maybe his client neglected to tell the defense about this diary and he had just found out."

But but but..... when I wrote on YouTube about how damning it was, someone else mentioned the ' 03 date and I found that photo where it is clearly '03.

I think it is not reasonable to assume that was her way of numbering pages. Who writes a page number with an apostrophe? And the idea that it was really from '08 but she wrote '03 just as a blind? IMO that's grasping at straws because we'd desperately like this to be evidence. If she thought it was so incriminating why not just get rid of the pages? Rip them out and burn them.

So I now think that it was very probably written in 2003. I imagine LE took this because IF there were any chance it was actually from 2008, the combination of that date and those words made it way too damning not to confiscate it and do an analysis of the ink to see if they can tell how long ago it was written, and if there are more pages, to see if she mentions people events etc. that give a clue to the year. Also the officer who took it may have had instructions to seize any of her journals they found.

Some have said this is not the sort of thing a teenager would write. I disagree. This is similar to things I wrote at around age 15-17, and so did friends of mine (we occasionally showed each other our journals) . What could the decision she refers to be? Maybe to stop hanging out with some old friends she now found negative, to dump an old boyfriend for a new one (maybe involving some kind of deception to get a new boyfriend, like lying that his current gf was cheating on him).....maybe to cheat on an exam, with the "end" maybe being that she would have a better chance to get into college or something, maybe to become sexually active..... could be a lot of things that a 16 year old would see as maybe life-changing decisions they were a little worried about.

If she tore out pages it probably was from Jan-June 2003, and was from whatever version of herself she thought she was leaving behind -- like if it had been all about a relationship that was ending.

(Speaking of relationships, if it was from June 2008, I would bet she mentioned Tony. She was so infatuated she was practicing her signature with his last name as if she were married to him. )
But, I must admit I doubt it's from 2008. The question also would arise, how did the journal get back into this box in her room at her folks' house? and Diane had a pretty good point, that in recent years Casey seemed more into keeping her thoughts in digital format.
Well, we shall see. But I have been disgusted at the way the media is misleading people into thinking this is definitely 2008 when there is such a clear indication that it really may not be.

Wow. My thoughts exactly.

Anyone know where the diary was found? Personally, I think Casey had it for many years, since '03. She ripped out the first few pages and started writing again in '08 after her new found freedom. But if the date was June 21 and Casey hadn't been home, why take the diary with her? None of this makes sense to me.

Capri and someone else posted that Holly Bristow (sp?) reported it was found in her nightstand drawer.

ETA: She tooks lots of things with her; made several trips to her home for more things to cart to TL's. Maybe she had decided to start recording their life together. But as I've previously opined several times, I think her secret was too big for KC to keep. She knew, as she wrote in Diary of Days, she could trust no one. So she confessed, bragged, however you want to look at it, to her diary. I also think she used this entry to sort it all out in her mind and justify it to herself.

I think at this stage it's purely speculative to say when exactly this entry was written but I think that it is provocative enough of a find to include as evidence and test. Again, there is no definitive date on the page the entry was written so we can't say looking at it right now, yes, this was written in June 2008, but what is evident is that the date '03 is not on the same page, so it just cannot be proven this was written in 2003 either. In my opinion, just by looking at this photograph it is just as challenging to prove the entry is several years old as it is to prove it was written last year. But ink dating analysis would be intriguing for sure!

On another note, it's pretty pathetic that all Baez can say in defense is that it couldn't have been written in 2008 because there is an '03 on the title page of the diary. He shouldn't have even addressed it. Her defense team needs to know when not to open their mouths, imo.

Capri and someone else posted that Holly Bristow (sp?) reported it was found in her nightstand drawer.

ETA: She tooks lots of things with her; made several trips to her home for more things to cart to TL's. Maybe she had decided to start recording their life together. But as I've previously opined several times, I think her secret was too big for KC to keep. She knew, as she wrote in Diary of Days, she could trust no one. So she confessed, bragged, however you want to look at it, to her diary. I also think she used this entry to sort it all out in her mind and justify it to herself.

I wholeheartedly agree with that statement 110%!

But as I've previously opined several times, I think her secret was too big for KC to keep. She knew, as she wrote in Diary of Days, she could trust no one. So she confessed, bragged, however you want to look at it, to her diary. I also think she used this entry to sort it all out in her mind and justify it to herself.
Remember Tony's interview in which he told LE that Casey never ever shut up? He confessed to falling asleep during her late-night calls when he was in NYC over the 4th of July.

Maybe the journal entry is the written equivalent of Casey's motormouth.

But what was she doing all day long, every day? I still think she had access to that house and was whiling away the days there when she knew everyone was at work. All of her belongings were fetched from TonEs house by Lee. She was living there on and off between jail visits. She could have grabbed it during one of those times she was hanging out and taken it TonEs house.

~TCO~ ......... wishin' there were a way to know.

I think at this stage it's purely speculative to say when exactly this entry was written but I think that it is provocative enough of a find to include as evidence and test. Again, there is no definitive date on the page the entry was written so we can't say looking at it right now, yes, this was written in June 2008, but what is evident is that the date '03 is not on the same page, so it just cannot be proven this was written in 2003 either. In my opinion, just by looking at this photograph it is just as challenging to prove the entry is several years old as it is to prove it was written last year. But ink dating analysis would be intriguing for sure!

On another note, it's pretty pathetic that all Baez can say in defense is that it couldn't have been written in 2008 because there is an '03 on the title page of the diary. He shouldn't have even addressed it. Her defense team needs to know when not to open their mouths, imo.

ditto-1.gif

I agree.

I know there has been a lot of debate about whether the entry was written in '03 or '08, but I strongly believe it was written in '08. I know from my own experience of journaling that I have picked up an old notebook, ripped pages out and started a new daily log. Casey probably did the same thing. I'm not sure how they are going to prove it, but hopefully they can.

I really think it is all going to come down to another lab analysis on this one. We can do all the handwriting comparisons we want, but even if we can prove that KC wrote this, there is no way we can 100% prove WHEN she wrote it. There are too many possibilities because of the '03 on the facing page.

Perhaps they have analyzed the ink, but, even if they did, it will just be 1 of the 100's of "expert" battles that will occur in this trial.

As much as I think the Pros have enough circumstantial evidence to convict, it is still circumstantial evidence that has to stand up to the hired guns the Defense will trot out there.

There was a video link somehwere where LE said that they asked KC when she wrote that in her diary and she told them it was 2008. It was discussed on here. Anyone else remember that?

Remember Tony's interview in which he told LE that Casey never ever shut up? He confessed to falling asleep during her late-night calls when he was in NYC over the 4th of July.

Maybe the journal entry is the written equivalent of Casey's motormouth.

Exactly.gif

This is a very talkative person we're discussing. Constantly on the phone, texting. She made up stuff to talk about; like her job; her school; etc. A big secret this big would be difficult for anyone to keep, especially someone so young. And on top of that, she was totally obsessed with herself, her favorite topic. I'm also impressed with the comparisons other posters made to her online Diary of Days. Seems like they're both saying the same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500