Cause of Death and Time of Death, Thread #2 (Warning: Contains Graphic Content!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the autopsy report has been released - COD = homicidal violence. Duhh!!! They never found Zahra'a head!!! I am horrified yet again! This article has links to both the autopsy report and medical examiner's report.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14070870

I really should have avoided that today. *sigh*

And I thought Caylee's autopsy report bothered me.

You <<unusual person>>! Where the H*LL is her head?!

Either that or fractures that happened during the actual recovery of remains.

I interpret the word "remote" to mean in the distant past. So I think either she suffered physical abuse and the fractures healed or the fractures occurred when she had surgery for the lung cancer.

What do they mean by "there are recovery associated fractures"? relating to the ribs.. does it mean what I think and that they were broken and then healed from before?

Just my :twocents: but I took it to mean the shovel breaking the rib when they were digging to find her. (Last location.)

I am shocked and saddened by this report. I can't believe so much of this beautiful angel is still missing. I wonder if the parts that are still missing were disposed of by AB? <---MOO

If the TOD is Sept 24, 2010, then LE better be dragging Adam's behind in to jail for not reporting his child missing.

This case is a mess on ALL levels.

Shocked and horrified!
I can't believe that he poor little head is missing! EB needs to TALK NOW!!!!
What indignities to such a perfect little girl! :(

Now knowing what we do, I see two possibilities why EB didn't give up the location of Zahra's head

a.) It would prove how Zahra was murdered
b.) EB doesn't know because she wasn't the only one doing the disposing.

It also tell us that there is so much more evidence that can still be discovered.

Which imho is a good thing, if there can even be one in this circumstance.

CARRYING OVER FROM THREAD #1 ON COD/TOD AS IT MAY BE USEFUL IN LIGHT OF THE AUTOPSY AND REPORT’S RELEASE

http://www.anthro4n6.net/forensics/

Condition of bone depends on the type of burial or exposure along with temperature.

When a body is left on the surface, insect activity will begin immediately and within 2 weeks the body will be partially skeletalized, completely skeletalized within 8 months. If buried, it will take between 1 and 2 years to become completely skeletalized and in arid areas may become mummified.

From post 407 by me in that thread
-----------------------
And

TOD estimates based on environmental factors are from research in Tennessee as follows:
3 weeks -- articulated bones
5 weeks -- some scatter, some articulated
4 months -- disarticulated, within 10' circle
7 to 8 months -- most bones w/in 10' circle and all w/in 20'
1 year -- small bones missing, complete disarticulation
2 to 4 years -- some bones broken, scatterd 40', some large bones missing
12+ years -- bone rot; partial burial*
15 to 20 years -- no surface evidence
* partial burial from leaves, storms, erosion from shallow burial

http://www.anthro4n6.net/forensics/

ETA Haven't found this sort of research that is NC specific as yet. Sorry TN will have to do in the interim

Post 408 by me
----------------------
WARNING-GRAPHIC/I've used this info for Archaeology class:

http://www.reference.com/browse/Decomposition

From post 419 by Jacie Estes

Given that the autopsy reports the remains as skeletal we can surmise from the above links something about possible TOD.

The remains were examined on 10/26/10. If Zahra was killed around 9/24/10 and disposed of shortly thereafter, that means the remains were exposed to elements and wildlife for almst exactly a month. I am assuming that some of the information regarding skeletalization would be inaccurate because it would apply to a whole body and nature/wildlife would take longer to tamper with the body than in this circumstance where the body was dismembered and scattered to begin with. I wish we had an expert to weigh in on how that would change things.

Well, the autopsy report has been released - COD = homicidal violence. Duhh!!! They never found Zahra'a head!!! I am horrified yet again! This article has links to both the autopsy report and medical examiner's report.

http://www.wbtv.com/Global/story.asp?S=14070870

I was so afraid little Zahra's head was not discovered, and am so sad to know it wasn't.

That monster knows where it is. I would not be surprised to learn that someone in that little circle has it. I hope it hasn't been sent out of the country somewhere.

It is so nauseating to read what happened to Zahra, as well as infuriating.

:maddening:

One thing that bothers me is, if EB, in some sort of rage, killed, dismembered, and then disposed of Zahra (we'll assume all by herself)

...did she *REALLY* take the time all by herself to dig a little makeshift grave, to place some of Zarhra's remains in?

I have so much trouble believing that Elisa did so, alone.

Absolutly horrifying, sickening , disgusting. I hope EB suffers everyday of her life, and I hope there is indeed a hell where she will burn for eternity.

I have a feeling that the sept 24 date has been put there for a reason.....

I do not feel that it necessarily represents the actual TOD although it could

I expected this, sadly...

What do they mean by "there are recovery associated fractures"? relating to the ribs.. does it mean what I think and that they were broken and then healed from before?

This was answered in the autopsy report. They believe it happened during the removal of her lung.

So if we believe COD is head trauma, and her head has not been located...where would EB put it? I cannot think of a case where animal activity has caused an entire skull to disappear.

So if we believe COD is head trauma, and her head has not been located...where would EB put it? I cannot think of a case where animal activity has caused an entire skull to disappear.

I do not believe the head was placed with the other remains - intentionally not placed there! Try as I might, I just can't keep my mind from racing off into horrible dark avenues where the head is kept as a trophy. If that were true, however, it wasn't kept at the Baker house where Zahra died. It was given to someone else or hidden somewhere. EB is not the brightest crayon in the box, and we have learned now that there has been a measure of truth to what she has said. I can GUARANTEE you that LE has asked EB where the skull is located. I want to know what her answer was!! As the public, I sort of feel we have that right to know what she said. It may come out in the trial.... I trust LE to know that WE need to know, and they will keep it close to their vest until the right time to bring the information forward. This case is going to be a long, hard ride for a long, long, time.

I think your perspective is interesting Reannan regarding LE. Sunshine and mandatory reporting laws have spoiled us imo. I like the transparency but I feel for the law enforcement officers who have to comply with it and have people like us quarterbacking their case.

EB is not going to give up Zahra's missing body parts now I suspect because she just pulled her own head off of the block. As we have seen in the Caylee Anthony case, charges can be fluid when new information comes to light....what if they find her skull and it shows a gun shot wound or fracture?

In light of some queries that have arisen on the autopsy thread and the recent suggestions that the bones be sent to the Smithsonian by a Nancy Grace Guest I am posting this link and excerpt therefrom regarding blood spatter during dismemberment of body postmortem. It should be remembered that the tool used in this linked experiment was a chainsaw and we do not have evidence that a chainsaw was the tool involved in Zahra's case.

http://blogs.smithsonianmag.com/sci...an-analysis-of-blood-spatter-from-a-chainsaw/

Despite popular beliefs fueled by crime scene shows on television and recent Chainsaw Massacre movies, postmortem dismemberment does not necessarily produce a large amount of blood spatter at a dismemberment scene.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab