Caylee Anthony 2 year old General Discussion #69

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't believe sociopaths are created by their families or their upbringing therefore I cannot under any circumstances view Casey as "screwed up by no fault of her own". And what 'help' would you suggest she get? Just because there are psychological diagnoses that can classify her behavior doesn't mean that there is a cure for it. And it certainly doesn't mean she is not responsible for her actions--which IS what you are saying, IMO, despite your protests to the contrary.

B/c everyone was once 'little' for heaven's sake. It does not mean that they are not responsible for crimes they commit as an adult.

And I am a liberal who does NOT believe in the death penalty. I do, however, believe in justice, accountability and personal responsibility.

Well of course you are free to believe whatever you wish, the fact remains however that I am NOT making excuses for her, nor am I saying that she should not pay for whatever sins she may have committed. I would question you on your theory that I don't believe sociopaths are created by their families or their upbringing therefore I cannot under any circumstances view Casey as "screwed up by no fault of her own".If that is the case then, just exactly HOW did she get to be the way she is? There has to be a reason for it, and if she is actually a sociopath, then are you saying that she was BORN that way? If so, then she still had something thrust upon her through no fault of her own! What I'm trying to say here is that unless she is just a normal human being like the rest of us, and she has CHOSEN FOR HERSELF to behave the way she does, then there is reason for some compassion for her. Obviously the little girl didn't deserve any of this, she's TOTALLY innocent, but according to what is going on with Casey, there could be room to say that she isn't completely culpable in her behavior either! If you teach a child to lie and have no feelings from childhood, then they will grow up to think of that as the normal way to behave. How could someone like that be held totally accountable for their behavior then?

Last night...
Someone here posted two types of websites that explain how to do emails from bogus addresses.

I'm sure they can be found through some backtracking 24 hours or so on the threads... sorry I don't remember more.

I read that post too. I have to admit I was surprised by it. My fiance is a professional in the tech business and knows a lot about hacker sites and can find crazy things online that I had no idea existed, but even he was dumbfounded last night when I asked him about the fake domain names for the email addresses. Casey must have really known a lot about little "tricks" available on the internet which I find interesting.

I know a lot of people still believe Casey will ''break'' and confess out of ''guilt''. IT'S NEVER HAPPENING PEOPLE. I know you still hold on that hope because it is the only way for Caylee to come home, alive or not.
/QUOTE] snipped

I'm still hoping she will crack. She really likes storytelling and getting attention. Maybe she will think she can "explain" it away as an accident -and get people on her side again. She seems to grossly overestimate her own intelligence so let's hope she spins another tale.

How would the clothes smell like dead body unless she were rolling around with a dead body? The trunk smelled like a dead body, maybe not the entire car? I think the clothing probably smelled like mostly smoke after being at Tony's, or Tony being in Casey's car smoking. Just a thought. I guess I could see the clothes smelling like decomposition if she was carrying a decaying body around...but I dunno. I am just having trouble wrapping my head around someone dying and stinking so quickly all in one day. How soon do people get to a funeral home to be preserved for a funeral after death? It's not always so quickly...I wish I was in forensics, this kind of stuff I really wish I knew more about.

My thoughts exactly. There were no other times that she even mentioned anything smelling like smoke. Sheesh..what does it take to get an honest answer from her. Shows the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!

In ref to the search warrant info, the email that Lee provided LE that was supposedly to "back up" Casey's story of being an event planner...it came from a fake email address. Can you fake a domain name? Who would have faked an email to help her, and can LE trace the ip address and charge whomever it really came from with anything?

I think Casey probably did get ZFG's info by looking in the car windows at that apt complex, she probably had a work id or something with her name on it that was visible through the windows, and thats where she came up with the name/apt info. Unfortunately Casey had no way of knowing ZFG was only looking at the apt, and ZFG was in the wrong place/wrong time.

One more thing, in a jail house call with Lee, she says she was at Universal but not for work/not for fun. Lee says, ok, gotcha. Any thoughts on this?

Yes it can be traced.

Well of course you are free to believe whatever you wish, the fact remains however that I am NOT making excuses for her, nor am I saying that she should not pay for whatever sins she may have committed. I would question you on your theory that I don't believe sociopaths are created by their families or their upbringing therefore I cannot under any circumstances view Casey as "screwed up by no fault of her own".If that is the case then, just exactly HOW did she get to be the way she is? There has to be a reason for it, and if she is actually a sociopath, then are you saying that she was BORN that way? If so, then she still had something thrust upon her through no fault of her own! What I'm trying to say here is that unless she is just a normal human being like the rest of us, and she has CHOSEN FOR HERSELF to behave the way she does, then there is reason for some compassion for her. Obviously the little girl didn't deserve any of this, she's TOTALLY innocent, but according to what is going on with Casey, there could be room to say that she isn't completely culpable in her behavior either! If you teach a child to lie and have no feelings from childhood, then they will grow up to think of that as the normal way to behave. How could someone like that be held totally accountable for their behavior then?

but no one taught casey "to lie and have no feelings from childhood." and regardless if her parents weren't mom and dad of the year, you learn basic ethics from school and society and life in general. i dont think you need to be taught, "dont kill your kid" in order to be held to such a standard. even if the death was negligently caused, i think an individual can be held totally accountable for their behavior. in fact, i think they should be.

i am also a liberal and i dont believe in the death penalty. but i do believe in the basic interests of justice. and so far, justice has not been served in any way whatsoever, other than casey missing a few hotttt parties.

(on another note, tony cannot sue the media. if they were harassing him, maybe. if they were purposely misquoting him or defaming him, possibly. but he has no cause of action here. he is involved, it is a matter of public interest, sucks for him...)

How would the clothes smell like dead body unless she were rolling around with a dead body? The trunk smelled like a dead body, maybe not the entire car? I think the clothing probably smelled like mostly smoke after being at Tony's, or Tony being in Casey's car smoking. Just a thought. I guess I could see the clothes smelling like decomposition if she was carrying a decaying body around...but I dunno. I am just having trouble wrapping my head around someone dying and stinking so quickly all in one day. How soon do people get to a funeral home to be preserved for a funeral after death? It's not always so quickly...I wish I was in forensics, this kind of stuff I really wish I knew more about.

decomp smell is pervasive
it gets into everyting
if the smell was in the car anyting in the car would smell the same

i think the original clothes are gone
really hard to get that smell out

I know a lot of people still believe Casey will ''break'' and confess out of ''guilt''. IT'S NEVER HAPPENING PEOPLE. I know you still hold on that hope because it is the only way for Caylee to come home, alive or not.
/QUOTE] snipped

I'm still hoping she will crack. She really likes storytelling and getting attention. Maybe she will think she can "explain" it away as an accident -and get people on her side again. She seems to grossly overestimate her own intelligence so let's hope she spins another tale.

She is not going to crack, the investigators have even commented on how nonchalant she has been through really tough interogations. Nothing other than an occasional laugh. The more time that passes before (if) they find Caylee the better her case gets. I know they can convict without a body but it is much harder. Even if she got a six year sentence for the current charges, minus time served, minus good behavior... she isn't going to break. There is no benefit to her to do so. IMHO of course.

My thoughts exactly. There were no other times that she even mentioned anything smelling like smoke. Sheesh..what does it take to get an honest answer from her. Shows the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!

I have always kind of suspected that the comment about tossing the toys because they smelled like smoke was just setting the stage to start an explanation of why Cindy would wash Casey's clothes. Make people think that Cindy can't stand smelly things of any type in the house. JMO, as always.

I read that post too. I have to admit I was surprised by it. My fiance is a professional in the tech business and knows a lot about hacker sites and can find crazy things online that I had no idea existed, but even he was dumbfounded last night when I asked him about the fake domain names for the email addresses. Casey must have really known a lot about little "tricks" available on the internet which I find interesting.
Of course if it was just a "print out" it could have been doctored.

decomp smell is pervasive
it gets into everyting
if the smell was in the car anyting in the car would smell the same

i think the original clothes are gone
really hard to get that smell out

So it's kind of like skunk then? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online