• Start date Start date
Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Casey couldn't go home without Caylee, as that would immediately be questioned, which is what happened when Cindy finally caught up with Casey.

My impression is that Casey and Cindy may have briefly talked or texted on a regular basis, but that Casey was vague on where she was, what she was doing, and lied about Caylee's whereabouts and why Cindy couldn't talk to Caylee. For Casey, it was only a matter of keeping up appearances that all was okay in order to keep her mother from becoming suspicious. I don't think Cindy knew where Casey was during that time.
Nor do I.

So why when the car was retrieved from the impound lot did it suddenly become of critical importance for Cindy and George to locate Casey immediately?

Oh, yeah. Because the car smelled like pizza and they were miffed.

Yes, but what made Cindy call Amy to find out where Casey really was if she and Casey were talking on a daily basis?

Either she didn't believe what Casey was telling her, or they weren't in daily communication.

I give Cindy credit for knowing better than to lie under oath about the frequency of their phone contact, since it's so easy to disprove. That leads me to believe that she knew her daughter was lying to her in all those "daily" contacts.

Q: If her daughter lied to her about something as inconsequential as her location, why would Cindy believe what that same daughter is telling her about how she 'misplaced' Caylee?

A: She doesn't. What we're seeing is the public face - the inexplicable continuing defense of the indefensible.

So they were in communication just w/ Casey lying about her location? From what I've seen of Casey, that actually does seem quite possible. And since Casey knew she could not produce Caylee, did she give Cindy the impression she was at a distance but would be home soon just like they could pick Caylee up from the nanny 'tomorrow'?

And I definitely agree that the GPs do not believe a word Casey is saying about this 'abduction'.

When I interviewed witnesses, sometimes we would have to start by establishing the time line. I would try to peg their memory to some important event like a holiday, birthday or significant trigger. Like, "Was it before or after the 4th of July? Answer: Before. Okay, was it before or after Memorial Day? Sometimes, in southern climates, the changes in seasons are so subtle that that was the only way to do it. In northern climates, the issue of the weather is more important -- like snow on the ground or cold outside. I can see why George, a trained detective can remember clothing, but Cindy cannot remember a specific date and was a week off.

What was this reaction when Cindy was told? I must have missed that.
Cindy was furious that the Detective asked for her father's name so he could verify the visit on the sign in sheet and threatened to stop cooperating with them at that time. She also insisted SHE would find out herself!

I highly doubt they would rush right out for anything from previous experience involving this case.
If Cindy told them she was told of Caylee's whereabouts by Casey in jail...they certainly would have felt compelled to check it out.

Actually, this is not uncommon or unexpected. Cindy isn't in the business of investigating crimes or interviewing witnesses in trial preparation.
Cindys myspace page in July,:angel: when did she write about her heartbreak?

When I interviewed witnesses, sometimes we would have to start by establishing the time line. I would try to peg their memory to some important event like a holiday, birthday or significant trigger. Like, "Was it before or after the 4th of July? Answer: Before. Okay, was it before or after Memorial Day? Sometimes, in southern climates, the changes in seasons are so subtle that that was the only way to do it. In northern climates, the issue of the weather is more important -- like snow on the ground or cold outside. I can see why George, a trained detective can remember clothing, but Cindy cannot remember a specific date and was a week off.

But it's the last time she saw her granddaughter, and it isn't as if she wasn't giving it much thought. She was repeatedly calling Casey and demanding to see Caylee -- it's really hard to believe she didn't know the date. I think that the family is so run by prima dona Casey that if Casey says it's the 9th, well then it's the 9th. She has this way of bullying anyone that isn't on board with her program. I think they just have a knee jerk reaction to avoid anything that displeases or contradicts Casey.

The last time I checked, an RN is very "date specific" and must possess good memory skills to be effective in the job. You can tell by her actions and her home, she is a detail oriented person. So this doesn't gel, imo.

Bless ya, but this is why people keep questioning the family the dates of 12th which some are now needling me on and the 24th when George says he actually saw Casey.

The 12th was a Saturday, I believe, so the notice was sent. 13th was Sunday no Post office open. They picked up the registered letter on the 14th after work and the auto garage was closed already. They then pick up the car the next day which was the 15th. I disagree that registered letters notices always say who they are from. I have seen that information on a notice.

I highly doubt they would rush right out for anything from previous experience involving this case.
I'm sorry, are you saying that if Casey reveals Caylee's actual location to her mother who in turn passes it on to LE, they would drag their feet in pursuing that information?

I think perhaps we could not disagree more on this issue.

Wasn't it you who just criticized LE for having an 'attitude' in this case? Have you also assumed an attitude toward them?

Cindys myspace page in July,:angel: when did she write about her heartbreak?
To be honest, we don't know when that was actually written or posted. We know what it says on the date stamp, but it could have been an old blog post that she changed.

But these aren't any witnesses remembering just any old thing. This is the date you last saw your daughter and your grandaughter. How were all 3 of them off by a week? I'm under the impression that Casey and Caylee lived w/ George and Cindy since Caylee was born. I would think you would be very aware of the exact date half of your household just suddenly up and took off. And George, the trained detective, agreed w/ this erroneous date.

But it's the last time she saw her granddaughter, and it isn't as if she wasn't giving it much thought. She was repeatedly calling Casey and demanding to see Caylee -- it's really hard to believe she didn't know the date. I think that the family is so run by prima dona Casey that if Casey says it's the 9th, well then it's the 9th. She has this way of bullying anyone that isn't on board with her program. I think they just have a knee jerk reaction to avoid anything that displeases or contradicts Casey.

That could explain the mistake too. That's why an interviewer would have to work with Cindy to verify each detail independently. Sometimes when the witness means well, but is not experienced at giving an LE report, and is under the influence of an overly powerful family member, it takes special professional effort. It doesn't mean that witness is intentionally lying.

It could very well be a mistake. Here is another "sighting" which was even before Caylee went missing: June 12: George Anthony says Caylee was spotted by friends of the Anthony family in a shopping area near the Orange-Seminole county lines. She was wearing a pink and blue outfit and white-rimmed sunglasses.

http://www.cfnews13.com/News/Sidebar/2008/7/17/caylee_marie_anthony_disappearance_timeline.html

I find this MOST interesting because it is exactly what she George said she was wearing on July 16th, isn't it?!

If Caylee is like my little grand daughters she has certain things that are favorites and likes to wear them frequently.

Also JP has stated he saw Caylee at TonE's on the 13th although TonE says the 2.

If you will just go by memory of who the interview was with and the topic at the time...I will try to find it.
:slap: I will look further than the loc you guys found, as this was not the only place I have seen it. Can't do off the top of my head. Now if its being carried wrong, I sure want to know as well. Will try to get a substantial verification for you, if not I will post a correction.

If Caylee is like my little grand daughters she has certain things that are favorites and likes to wear them frequently.

Also JP has stated he saw Caylee at TonE's on the 13th although TonE says the 2.
Maybe that's because TonE was not there? Question would be to both of them to their individual recalls.

When that same "witness" sees a video tape repeatedly being played on every major news station across the country...you would think it might "click" that it was Father's Day and she would look it up. I can't buy that Cindy simply "forgot" the date.

Give me a break! She is 3 years old!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member