Child Stars Being Sexualized

Not everyone had known that though. I had heard it was "rumored". It was spoken in hushed tones that she'd been allowed to play a part in an adult role. I never saw the movie. That's one thing that my parents did not take us to, after my mother committed her life, VERY early in my life. Movies. So, really, the Calvin commercials were the first I'd seen of her, other than maybe a late night talk show, maybe. We didn't even HAVE a movie theater in our town. lol

I remember reading about it at the time, and she and her mother were on Phil Donahue. The director said he'd pinched and twisted her big toe to get her to act as if she were having an orgasm. (I had to ask my mother what that meant. Fun conversation!)

I remember reading about it at the time, and she and her mother were on Phil Donahue. The director said he'd pinched and twisted her big toe to get her to act as if she were having an orgasm. (I had to ask my mother what that meant. Fun conversation!)

Wow! Phil didn't get much airtime in our house,...lol That was before I skipped out. Had it been on? It would have been shut off and never spoke of again. S.e.x. was never spoke of in our home and I was a farm kid!!! I'll say nearly anything now. Makes Dad laugh.

I cannot imagine a mother doing that. It is beyond my mental capacity. I've never liked Brooke's mom, b/c I did know that she was just fine with her being in that movie and thought it was just flat wrong.

Yikes! I never heard that about the toe twisting. I wonder if that was for the movie “Endless Love” that she did.

She seems to have turned out pretty well-adjusted for all that craziness. I’m her age and was always fascinated by her. I was 5’11” by the time I was 12 and my mom was trying to push me into modeling. “You could be the next Brooke Shields!” she’s say. (I wish) As an act of rebellion, I tweezed my thick eyebrows into skinny little lines. My mom had a fit. The joke was on me though, they never did fully grow back in [emoji20] *cries*

I eventually did a little modeling, and made a little money, but I HATED it so I quit. It definitely wasn’t what I thought it would be. Knowing what I know now, I’m glad I didn’t continue. Almost forty years later, and my mom still brings it up. She wanted to have a rich and famous daughter so badly. Sorry mom!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wait, this wasn't Pretty Baby but Blue Lagoon. Two shipwrecked children become adults on a deserted island.

Pretty Baby is a good film, actually. Susan Sarandon is topless, but IIRC not Brooke Shields.

Yikes! I never heard that about the toe twisting. I wonder if that was for the movie “Endless Love” that she did.

She seems to have turned out pretty well-adjusted for all that craziness. I’m her age and was always fascinated by her. I was 5’11” by the time I was 12 and my mom was trying to push me into modeling. “You could be the next Brooke Shields!” she’s say. (I wish) As an act of rebellion, I tweezed my thick eyebrows into skinny little lines. My mom had a fit. The joke was on me though, they never did fully grow back in [emoji20] *cries*

I eventually did a little modeling, and made a little money, but I HATED it so I quit. It definitely wasn’t what I thought it would be. Knowing what I know now, I’m glad I didn’t continue. Almost forty years later, and my mom still brings it up. She wanted to have a rich and famous daughter so badly. Sorry mom!!

I'm tall too, but not as tall as you are, and close onto Brookes age. I'm what's known as an extroverted, introvert. I do not like the spotlight. Period. My Mom is pretty short, and was built like a brick s***house, when she was younger. She was a cheerleader, too. Me? Bless my momma's heart, she loved shopping, and she'd bring out all of these great, in style, clothes for me to try on, and I'd want to buy the first brown, or black, outfit that I found, and leave (this was well before goth ever came into style). I was perfectly comfortable riding my horses, climbing in the barn, hanging out in the loft taming kittens, or reading. I was asked by a teacher, to be in the school homecoming queen contest. My first thought was Carrie... :laughing: (Mom didn't bother me much about what books I read, or music I listened to, but she, nor Dad, wouldn't buy them for me, I had to use my own money b/c there were questionable words, lyrics, etc...). I didn't tell my mother about them asking me to be in the Homecoming thing, until I was well out of school and she was disappointed. She'd have so enjoyed taking me shopping for the dress and shoes and all, and me despising dresses. I guess I've finally told my gender, for sure, after 18 mos. on here. Most have probably guessed but I've tried not to give it away. Oh well, big brother is watching anyway. Now my girl? She loves shopping. I had to shuck out for three proms. We had a lot of fun though. Made me feel kinda bad for my Momma.

I think that Brooke turned out well. I believe a lot of these kids in music and movies have to grow up so quickly that they do things that are shocking b/c they have lived in the public eye all of their lives and don't understand when people start judging them for erratic behaviour. I gave my parents sheer, undeserved, Hell the year before I skipped out. :facepalm: In a small town, no less.

Wait, this wasn't Pretty Baby but Blue Lagoon. Two shipwrecked children become adults on a deserted island.

Pretty Baby is a good film, actually. Susan Sarandon is topless, but IIRC not Brooke Shields.

She was 14 when she made Blue Lagoon, and some of that movie was pretty close to child *advertiser censored*. Atkins was 18. This is what I've been saying about the 70s and 80s (60s started it). A rather strange era. It was a time of "sexual freedom". It was a time of pushing boundaries too. Then, Aids. I think I still have the copy of the Rolling Stone Magazine, article that broke down the fear, and unknown, about Aids, and how it would soon move to the hetero population.

I'm tall too, but not as tall as you are, and close onto Brookes age. I'm what's known as an extroverted, introvert. I do not like the spotlight. Period. My Mom is pretty short, and was built like a brick s***house, when she was younger. She was a cheerleader, too. Me? Bless my momma's heart, she loved shopping, and she'd bring out all of these great, in style, clothes for me to try on, and I'd want to buy the first brown, or black, outfit that I found, and leave (this was well before goth ever came into style). I was perfectly comfortable riding my horses, climbing in the barn, hanging out in the loft taming kittens, or reading. I was asked by a teacher, to be in the school homecoming queen contest. My first thought was Carrie... :laughing: (Mom didn't bother me much about what books I read, or music I listened to, but she, nor Dad, wouldn't buy them for me, I had to use my own money b/c there were questionable words, lyrics, etc...). I didn't tell my mother about them asking me to be in the Homecoming thing, until I was well out of school and she was disappointed. She'd have so enjoyed taking me shopping for the dress and shoes and all, and me despising dresses. I guess I've finally told my gender, for sure, after 18 mos. on here. Most have probably guessed but I've tried not to give it away. Oh well, big brother is watching anyway. Now my girl? She loves shopping. I had to shuck out for three proms. We had a lot of fun though. Made me feel kinda bad for my Momma.

I think that Brooke turned out well. I believe a lot of these kids in music and movies have to grow up so quickly that they do things that are shocking b/c they have lived in the public eye all of their lives and don't understand when people start judging them for erratic behaviour. I gave my parents sheer, undeserved, Hell the year before I skipped out. :facepalm: In a small town, no less.

Thank you for sharing, I really enjoyed your post! :)

I guess our mothers just wanted what they thought was best for us. It’s kind of sweet, looking back. Bless ‘em indeed. I gave my mom a bit of hell as well. Ah, we knew it all didn’t we? Ha! I know it’s said often, but boy is it true, hindsight is 20/20.

Thank you for sharing, I really enjoyed your post! :)

I guess our mothers just wanted what they thought was best for us. It’s kind of sweet, looking back. Bless ‘em indeed. I gave my mom a bit of hell as well. Ah, we knew it all didn’t we? Ha! I know it’s said often, but boy is it true, hindsight is 20/20.

They did, love their hearts, and still do. Mom says I walk to my own drum beat. lol Yes, hindsight is always crystal clear. Thank you for sharing too. My poor mother is not the only one. :)

I found this interesting, I think she realized her mistake and her apology was sincere.

Finn responds to hmu message from model.

https://www.unilad.co.uk/tv/strange...rd-responds-to-disturbing-message-from-model/

Ehhhhh, I don’t think it sounded sincere at all. Sounded like backpedaling to me. Especially when she made the excuse of saying she has asked “characters” to call her in the past. Like she was trying to justify it.

I do appreciate him publicly saying it was gross as opposed to saying “wow, a model wants me to call her!”

Ehhhhh, I don’t think it sounded sincere at all. Sounded like backpedaling to me. Especially when she made the excuse of saying she has asked “characters” to call her in the past. Like she was trying to justify it.

I do appreciate him publicly saying it was gross as opposed to saying “wow, a model wants me to call her!”

Same here.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I liked his response too. I think people get diarrhea of the mouth sometimes. Especially in this type and click enter society. Would she have said that to him face-to-face? Idk. Maybe she didn't really mean her apology. What would she have said to him if it were a face-to-face apology? Idk. I'm one of those who like to give the benefit of the doubt. If nothing else, she's hopefully learned a lesson.

Anyone know if there is a way to change the title of this thread to make this discussion broader and encompass all the recent sexual abuse allegations?

Anthony Edwards Says He Was Molested by Producer Gary Goddard as a Child

https://www.thewrap.com/anthony-edwards-says-he-was-molested-by-gary-goddard-as-a-child/amp/

Roy Moore, Alabama senate candidate, accused of molestation.
Pizzagate Genius Jack Posobiec Posts Picture and Workplace of Roy Moore's Accuser on Twitter.

https://amp.thedailybeast.com/pizza...accuser-on-twitter-twitter-doesnt-do-anything

NHL Star abused by coach “An absolute nightmare, every day of my life”

http://www.macleans.ca/society/theo...-absolute-nightmare-every-day-of-my-life/amp/

Olympic Star Aly Raisman says she was sexually abused by U.S. national team doctor

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/al...-sexually-abused-by-u-s-national-team-doctor/

Maybe I will just start a new thread about sexual abuse and harassment allegations. We could link to specific threads and cases. I might need some help tracking down the threads, though.

What do you think?

Maybe I will just start a new thread about sexual abuse and harassment allegations. We could link to specific threads and cases. I might need some help tracking down the threads, though.

What do you think?

Maybe we can get a sub forum created for “sexual misconduct and allegations.” Sad, but it looks necessary.

Maybe we can get a sub forum created for “sexual misconduct and allegations.” Sad, but it looks necessary.

Good idea. I'll alert the mod and see what the best route forward is.

These are the type of swimsuit bottoms that women where here where I live. Topless seems to nott be popular anymore

GIRLS AS YOUNG AS. 11 Years old wear this kind of bottom. where I live, not in the US.

I would take a picture but I don’t bring my iPad to the beach.

Do women and girls wear these bottoms in the US? They must as this is from Nordstrom’s.

https://shop.nordstrom.com/c/womens-swimsuits-shop/brazilian

These are the type of swimsuit bottoms that women where here where I live. Topless seems to nott be popular anymore

GIRLS AS YOUNG AS. 11 Years old wear this kind of bottom. where I live, not in the US.

I would take a picture but I don’t bring my iPad to the beach.

Do women and girls wear these bottoms in the US? They must as this is from Nordstrom’s.

https://shop.nordstrom.com/c/womens-swimsuits-shop/brazilian

11?! While I hesitate to make it about what a person wears, I would find those bottoms, inappropriate, for a female under the age of 18 (well, in public, I'd not have worn those in my 20s). However, I live in Appalachia, and I don't think I've ever even seen a thong, when they were the rage, at any of our swimmin' holes, or cement ponds.

11?! While I hesitate to make it about what a person wears, I would find those bottoms, inappropriate, for a female under the age of 18 (well, in public, I'd not have worn those in my 20s). However, I live in Appalachia, and I don't think I've ever even seen a thong, when they were the rage, at any of our swimmin' holes, or cement ponds.

I am astonished that parents let their kids wear suits that have a bottom like that.

The pictures of the clothes the girl is wearing seem like they cover a lot and are not sexy. Just the high heel shoes are weird to me.

Of course, they are the orthopedic surgeon’s best friend. $$$$$$$$$$$$

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SoCal Greg
Back