Christmas

concernedperson said:
I think we are on the same page and emotions are on overload. I am sorry for misinterpreting your post. I understand now what you were trying to say.
:D cool

That's right, you can't make a child actually look sexy. Those little girls do not look natural at all. I watched a program tonite which was sort of a comedy about pageants in Texas. I noticed that that most of the little girls looked garish and just awful with the big stiff hair and excessive make up and odd looking clothes. One even looked like her cheeks were pulled back tight or maybe even had botox. Another had abnormally tan skin and way too white of teeth. The older girls did not look that way. You won't see the older young women parading around in show girl outfits with a big huge head dress like JonBenet wore at one of the pageants. I played dress up and sure didn't wear stuff like that or wouldn't have even thought of such a thing at 6 years old and younger. I guess it's okay to do that stuff at pageants even though if a parent paraded a child around town or sent them to school fixed up like that, they'd be turned in to child protective services.

Zman said:
You may see them as "precocious Lolitas" but most of us see them as cute little girls getting to play dress up. Getting to sing and dance in front of people. Gaining skills and experience some girls may never have the chance at.

Or maybe like our moslum friends we should hide our women and girls away because of their disgustingly suggestive bodies.
'Most of us'.I dont think so Zman.I personally think it is sick to dress a 6 yr old up as a woman and then put her on display.I kept my little girl as a little girl as long as possible,theres plenty of time for makeup and revealing clothes in their teenage years,JBR was 6 yrs old .She was a baby dressed to look like a woman,just who is that suppossed to interest:confused: Ive seen the pagent shows on telly and the photos of the little ones,the photos dont even look like the child.BTW dont even bring the muslims into this one:slap:

Why Christmas? It was stress, regardless either RDI or IDI.

PR dressed up JonBenet too much? She wanted JonBenet to be Miss America.
JR named his boat Miss America. If IDI, then maybe the perp was irked by all this, but then the perp perhaps would have to have gone to Charlevoix to see the boat. This all points to either an inside job or someone connected to the inside.

Let's be frank here. Patsy Ramsey said that nasty/dirty minds saw a sexualised child. I disagree with this. I have shown the pageant photos of Jonbenet to quite a few people and their reactions were all the same - bar one. Everyone raised their eyebrows and said "OMG - WHAT age is she?"

Women wear makeup and coif their hair to make themselves sexually attractive - in the same way as many living species release scents and develop beautiful colours at certain times. I doubt that any woman does it just to please herself (there's a name for this if they do - can't remember it - Greek mythology).

What is perverse is looking at a normal child and seeing something sexually attractive. If a mother dresses her child in sexy clothes, applies copious amounts of makeup to highlight her lips and eyes then teaches her to sway her hips and wink at people - she has a cheek to suggest that anyone who finds this sexualised has a "dirty mind".

Incidentally - the one person who didn't react the same as everyone else who saw the photos was my own little girl. An entirely innocent and unsexualised child saw only a dolled up little princess in the photos - as Jonbenet herself would probably have seen.

Adults (should) know better. In the real world, there are predatory paedos and we should be protecting our children from them - not exposing them by dressing them up in a sexy way.

Jayelles said:
Let's be frank here. Patsy Ramsey said that nasty/dirty minds saw a sexualised child. I disagree with this. I have shown the pageant photos of Jonbenet to quite a few people and their reactions were all the same - bar one. Everyone raised their eyebrows and said "OMG - WHAT age is she?"

Women wear makeup and coif their hair to make themselves sexually attractive - in the same way as many living species release scents and develop beautiful colours at certain times. I doubt that any woman does it just to please herself (there's a name for this if they do - can't remember it - Greek mythology).

What is perverse is looking at a normal child and seeing something sexually attractive. If a mother dresses her child in sexy clothes, applies copious amounts of makeup to highlight her lips and eyes then teaches her to sway her hips and wink at people - she has a cheek to suggest that anyone who finds this sexualised has a "dirty mind".

Incidentally - the one person who didn't react the same as everyone else who saw the photos was my own little girl. An entirely innocent and unsexualised child saw only a dolled up little princess in the photos - as Jonbenet herself would probably have seen.

Adults (should) know better. In the real world, there are predatory paedos and we should be protecting our children from them - not exposing them by dressing them up in a sexy way.
Jayelles,
I totally hear you. But in regard to women, I wear my make-up and do my hair to make myself feel good. I don't do it to be sexually attractive. I just like to feel good about myself. Don't you think that some women doll themselves up just to feel good, without trying to look attractive to others? Thoughts?
I'm not trying to argue with you, I'm just pointing out another reason for why women put the effort into it.
Thanks,
Ellen 13

ellen13 said:
Jayelles,
I totally hear you. But in regard to women, I wear my make-up and do my hair to make myself feel good. I don't do it to be sexually attractive. I just like to feel good about myself. Don't you think that some women doll themselves up just to feel good, without trying to look attractive to others? Thoughts?
I'm not trying to argue with you, I'm just pointing out another reason for why women put the effort into it.
Thanks,
Ellen 13
Please do argue - I'm pretty thick skinned :)

I respectfully agree with you. Research has shown that we are more attracted to people who have big eyes, big lips, even features (Disney used this research to make some characters more appealing than others) ... men are also more likely to be attracted to women with long thick shiny hair (one research project showed that when men are choosing between women - they will often go for the one with the longest hair!)

So what do we do with ourselves? We apply makeup which will make our eyes bigger, lips thicker. We coif our hair - even pay for expensive extensions to make it attractive.

OTOH, body dysmorphia is a recognised mental disorder where people will be so unhappy with their appearance that they will self mutilate - or request surgery to remove linmbs/breasts etc.

Now you say you wear make-up to make yourself feel good - WHY does it make you feel good? The answer is probably that you think you look better. Why does it matter whether you look better? Unless one is a complete narcissist (that is the word I was trying to remember) - you are almost certainly doing it because you have a natural instinct to try and be sexually attractive (whether you are aware of it or not!). You may not necessarily be trying to attract a mate, but IMO, it would be unusual for someone to say they did NOT want to be thought of as (sexually) attractive.

How many of us would apply full make-up to spend a day in total isolation when all you had was a tiny compact mirror (i.e. no large mirrors to walk past and admire one's appearance in). My guess is that few of us would - what would be the point if no-onw was going to see it (except ourselves using the small compact mirror).

It's really quite a primitive instinct to want to be attractive! However - it is much more normal for a woman to seek that for herself and NOT for a 3/4/5/6 year old child.

Jayelles said:

I wear make-up for no one but myself. I like it. I wear it even when I am not going anywhere. It's part of my routine. It's the same reason I bathe & brush my teeth:D <---see? lol

You can't protect your child from peophiles by simply not dressing your child up. Pedos are out there, they will always be out there.

Linda7NJ said:
I wear make-up for no one but myself. I like it. I wear it even when I am not going anywhere. It's part of my routine. It's the same reason I bathe & brush my teeth:D <---see? lol
And would you wear it if you were all alone in a mountain hut with no mirrors?

I don't dispute that some women enjoy making themselves up and that they get a lot of pleasure from looking at their own reflections in the mirror but with respect - you cannot equate applying make-up with bathing and teeth brushing. Both of which are done for health and hygene reasons. You physically feel better after a scrub up and scrub out - apart from the dental decay aspect.

If you removed mirrors and admirers (I guess mirrors are for self-admiration) , there would be no reason to apply make-up. It doesn't make any physical difference to you whether you are wearing make-up or not. It's not like wearing a brassiere which gives you uplift and makes you feel physically more comfortable (do me anyway).

BTW - I wear make-up most days as I like to be smartly presented for work. Make-up transforms me because my skin and hair are so fair and it helps make up for what nature didn't give me (and that's plenty!). However, if I am staying at home, I certainly wouldn't bother to apply make-up for my own pleasure.

You can't protect your child from peophiles by simply not dressing your child up. Pedos are out there, they will always be out there.
Yes you can. Pedos are out there but a child wearing sexy clothes in full make-up will certainly catch their eye more than one who isn't. Sadly, I also believe that a paedophile could even justify molestation to his sick self on the grounds that the child was sexualised.

Zman said:
How do they do this?

Does little league do this too?

How about science fares?

Ice skating?

Gymnastics?

Spelling bee's?

Good Point Zman :clap:

Hmmmmm, putting aside for one minute that I hope my kids are just plain happy whatever they do.....Being a dedicated athlete, a budding scientist or having an excellent grasp on spelling for me is preferable to dressing a child in provocative clothing and too much make up. Too much being ANY AT ALL at age SIX.

Linda7NJ said:
:waitasec:I don't care for the super short shorts with words like HOT or SEXY written across the butt...

What about BOOTYLICIOUS? I've seen that a lot lately across some bottoms. :eek:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back