Cindy Anthony Says Someone Hacked Her Email Account *REVISITED*

Key piece of evidence? It would be if someone's search pertained to the news report, that began this very thread, about Cindy claiming she'd been hacked. (The key thread, I am also aware of, but it isn't here)

I read countless posts about a poster who would inform all of us about the IP address. I'm sorry I missed your uncertainty about the credibility of the IP until now. That would have saved me some time, but I understand it now.

Thanks for your help.

I wished someone had the information of the IP address. I for one don't have any software to do such a thing.

Too bad.

I wished someone had the information of the IP address. I for one don't have any software to do such a thing.

Too bad.

Cookies and spyware are responsible for a lot of the garbage that you get in the mail and the ads that you see on various sites. This is all you need:

http://avast.com/

It's free and is continuously updated.

Just a little information, there are 2 different types of IP addresses. One is a "dynamic" IP address which is assigned to a computer by an ISP to be it's permanent address on the internet.

Then there are "static" IP addresses which is a temporary IP address from an ISP that can change every time a user logs on to the internet.

I think these IP addresses are harder to trace. The link has more detailed info.

http://searchwindevelopment.techtarget.com/sDefinition/0,,sid8_gci520967,00.html#

You have the IPs switched.

A dynamic IP changes, usually every time a user logs in to their isp, or once a day, or week, whatever.

A static IP never changes, and this would be the permanent IP - it stays the same.

You have the IPs switched.

A dynamic IP changes, usually every time a user logs in to their isp, or once a day, or week, whatever.

A static IP never changes, and this would be the permanent IP - it stays the same.

I was looking for you earlier to weigh in on this thread. Where you been? We needed some help here. LOL

I was looking for you earlier to weigh in on this thread. Where you been? We needed some help here. LOL

What we need is the IP address from the actual hacked emails!! I wouldn't ask technicalconfusion to weigh in before we have something of substance here, unless he or she knows something good!!!

I'm sure we'll all know soon enough, thanks to Kathi Belich sending her emails to the FBI. Everything else is sheer speculation and not worth the time, IMO.

I am in Cisco Networking Academy with my college we just went over Networking securities, your computer is assigned 1. A MAC address which is like your thumbprint it never changes. 2. Your computer has an IP address which is like your house address. it can change. If your are curious about your own address open up the command line and type in ping /all and it will give you all the info on your address, or your can ping an address by entering in (example)ping www.yahoo.com and it will send a ping to the address and echo request back. But IP addresses can change and you can go into your settings and reassign one as well. But the MAC address is in your NIC card and its there permanent
Vanpet
In my own opinion for a person to hack into CA's account and email the contents there had to be some incriminating substance in the emails. I cannot see someone taking a chance at a criminal charge over bs. the first ***.***.** numbers in the ip address are assigned to the isp (example) 196. would be like comcast

I am in Cisco Networking Academy with my college we just went over Networking securities, your computer is assigned 1. A MAC address which is like your thumbprint it never changes. 2. Your computer has an IP address which is like your house address. it can change. If your are curious about your own address open up the command line and type in ping /all and it will give you all the info on your address, or your can ping an address by entering in (example)ping www.yahoo.com and it will send a ping to the address and echo request back. But IP addresses can change and you can go into your settings and reassign one as well. But the MAC address is in your NIC card and its there permanent
Vanpet
In my own opinion for a person to hack into CA's account and email the contents there had to be some incriminating substance in the emails. I cannot see someone taking a chance at a criminal charge over bs. the first ***.***.** numbers in the ip address are assigned to the isp (example) 196. would be like comcast

Awesome, vanpet!! If someone were "quote, unquote" hacked, would it help to see the emails sent during that time? Could you establish hacking without seeing the emails?

:confused::slap::silenced::laugh:

:doh::yuck::argue::eek:ther_beatingA_Dead:python::::eek:nline::nerves::sheesh::shakehead::nyah:

:too much info: well this thread just went over my head

:confused::slap::silenced::laugh:

:doh::yuck::argue::eek:ther_beatingA_Dead:python::::eek:nline::nerves::sheesh::shakehead::nyah:

:too much info: well this thread just went over my head

Bravo---so did all those icons!!

If you want to understand the thread, re-read from the beginning (it's really not complicated at all)

LOL no thanks I dont want to re-read 23 pages of post
:)

LOL no thanks I dont want to re-read 23 pages of post
:)

Can't say as I blame you (though there are always good pages in a thread), but it's probably okay to wish you hadn't continually bumped a thread you had no interest in reading??

Frustrating for the contributors who see the thread at the top and wish it was meaningful...

Still, if you want to make an informed post, the pages are there.....

I would not be surprised, not to mention Kathy Bellich of all potential reporters. 3...2...1... Cindy claims this is the latest in conspiracy against Anthony family.

Well, I don't know if there is any organized conspiracy against the Anthony's, but whoever did this certainly wasn't acting in their best interests! :blowkiss:

Have we discovered if the emails were tampered with in any way before being sent to the reporter? It just occured to me that someone who doesn't have the Anthony's best interests in mind might "doctor" the emails to make them more inflamatory.

Anthonys Have Yet To Report Email Hacking Claims To Police
Tuesday, December 2, 2008 – updated: 5:36 pm EST December 2, 2008

ORANGE COUNTY, Fla. -- Cindy Anthony and her private investigator Tuesday had still not reported their claims that someone hacked into her email account and sent unauthorized messages to Eyewitness News and other people.

Eyewitness News broke the story Monday evening. The FBI is now investigating after the emails were reported to them by WFTV reporter Kathi Belich.

The Anthonys' private investigator told Eyewitness News they are outraged and planned to report the intrusion, to the Marion County Sheriff's Office.

As of late Tuesday afternoon, though, they had not.
http://www.wftv.com/news/18189836/detail.html#-

CA's credibility has been shot! Only due to the reporter, Kathi Belich will the FBI investigate. CA has not asked for an investigation into this. I can only imagine, if it were true, CA would be screaming from the highest tower.

It didn't happen. An impulsive CA sent them herself, then realized she sent them to the wrong people, IMO.

The jig is up with this family. I would never beleive another word that comes out of her mouth...:behindbar

Vanpet

Actually I think that you can change your MAC address and this link tells you how to do it.

http://www.tech-faq.com/change-mac-address.shtml

But most normal, everyday people would not know this I am sure and most people would never think about doing it or see the need for it.

If you go to Run and open a command window by typing in CMD and then type in ipconfig /all you can see all of the information about the IP, MAC address, DNS server, DHCP etc. I think that ping only pings back with the IP address and the computer name and you have to enter the IP address that you want to ping.

IP addresses can be dynamic or static in a network as well as from the outside world. You can assign static IPs to some or all of your network computers through the DHCP settings in your router and then use that IP in your network settings on your computer or you can allow all to get IPs dynamically and set your computer to get an IP dynamically.

I am not sure that CAs email was hacked. It is a possibility but it is just as possible that she sent the emails herself either by accident or on purpose. Who knows. We don't have enough information right now.

Awesome, vanpet!! If someone were "quote, unquote" hacked, would it help to see the emails sent during that time? Could you establish hacking without seeing the emails?

This may not answer your question but I will try, alot of the information needed to obtain the technical hacking end of CA email account has been public knowledge since the release of the computer files, IMO, all of the numbers in the headers etc. all represent paths. Her email to her brother gave sent and received email addresses. When CA's email were made public knowledge I would think any sensible person would change their email that contains "Confidential Information" or assign a Digital Signature or apply an encryption software. That was pure ignorance on her part to use an email account with such weak security parameters.
Vanpet

This may not answer your question but I will try, alot of the information needed to obtain the technical hacking end of CA email account has been public knowledge since the release of the computer files, IMO, all of the numbers in the headers etc. all represent paths. Her email to her brother gave sent and received email addresses. When CA's email were made public knowledge I would think any sensible person would change their email that contains "Confidential Information" or assign a Digital Signature or apply an encryption software. That was pure ignorance on her part to use an email account with such weak security parameters.
Vanpet

Bold by me.

Interesting that computer geek son LA didn't give her that advice, isn't it? You know he knew of the doc dumps and what they contained.

I would be soooo upset if my computer was hacked and my mail sent to the news........CA CAN'T GO to LE cause in her drugged up state she probably sent them out and can't remember, like the fight KC and CA had that fatal night that Caylee was killed!!! CA will blame anyone but herself..........the drugged squirrels did it while eating pizza...............IMO

Bold by me.

Interesting that computer geek son LA didn't give her that advice, isn't it? You know he knew of the doc dumps and what they contained.

Remember the reply forward that LA sent to someone and cocoamom posted it with permission........LA isn't as savy as we believed, IMO..........and I don't think he has been around parents for awhile.???? :behindbar

Bold by me.

I'm not sure that he is an big a computer geek as he might think. He is a gamer which makes him a gamer geek and he obviously knows some stuff because I think he said that KCs laptop was BSOD and he tried to get it back but was not able to but just how much knowledge does he really have?

Besides most people just don't really think about how unsecure their emails probably are. People use kids names and dates of birth or anniversary for passwords. sometimes I think that most people think that there is a little mailman inside their computers and when they press send, he seals an envelope and runs through the lines to deliver it at the other end all safe and secure.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
isenhartba
Back