Australia Claremont Serial Killer, 1996 - 1997, Perth, Western Australia - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
For some of the reasons outlined by Bartholemeus above, I don't believe the police have DNA of the CSK. However, if they do - what are some reasons people can think of that would prevent the police from revealing this fact. I know that Police Chiefs have revealed that they have the DNA of as yet unidentified serial killers in the past - take the Daytona Beach serial killer investigation for instance. So if the police do have the CSK's DNA, why not say so? Why not clearly stipulate that there is a DNA match between the Karrakatta rapist and the CSK? What operational reasons would prevent this disclosure to the public?

I can't think of any convincing reasons - so I would be extremely doubtful they have DNA. The forensic link referred to in the media recently almost certainly in my view relates to the exact same rope, cord, etc. used to tie up the Karrakatta victim and Ciara.

This is quite interesting, I was trying to find some stuff on Morey and someone here had this link:
http://www.news.com.au/news/lost-in-the-devils-garden/story-fna7dq6e-1111113619174

There is a part where Debbie Marshall the crime writer says the following:

I am not a fan of Debbie Marshall but I have the utmost respect for her being a crime writer, we have no investigative journalists in WA and its a sad sorry state so reading something from anyone who has done their own research is always refreshing...

She believes McMahon is definitely linked.

The article:
http://www.news.com.au/news/lost-in-the-devils-garden/story-fna7dq6e-1111113619174

The article is time stamped May 27, 2007. We already knew Morey was the MAIN suspect is Sarah McMahons murder at that date, she is a crime writer and would have done a thorough investigation into it too....

But then again we have Parkie and DrPath and all those West Australian experts all trying to outdo each other for the next sensationalist expert analysis into the psyche of the Claremont Serial Killer.... hmmmmm.

Considering I met SMM twice in the days before she disappeared, I have way more vested interest in this than you Elastic. Most long term committed bloggers know who I am & they are cool by that. I know what she was into but why post the nitty gritty here Elastic? Sure one Hooker was found in Mundaring dead & her pal nearly got the same ending though did not due to using her head and FEET. Look up the SMM Inquest & make your opinions Elastic...

Mate, why dont you just leave the thread with your tail between your legs.

You dont know who killed SMM. There is no way you could know for certain, and ruling out the CSK based on nothingness is erroneous in every conceivable way. Infact you have been trying to deflect from Morey and especially Sarah McMahon from the beginning with out stating any facts at all. Nothing. Your theories are not compelling... and every article suggests that High gate man is now the main POI.

There is also no DNA link, there is FORENSIC evidence. And all reports so far suggest the rope/cable is the FORENSIC evidence.

So its more than likely the SAME rope/cable was used for BOTH abductions, thus if they can catch Karrkatta rapist, then they can now link it to the CSK kill, which then means they can nail the guy for the other two CSK kills without having any direct evidence. Its their bridge to bring down CSK using a known blitz attack that they now know are linked.

Anyways you offer nothing but wrong incorrect misinformation.

Elastic I do know what is going on. I totally do. I HAVE KNOWN FOR SOME TIME THAT ALL BLOKES NAMED IN ANY BLOG ARE NOT THE CSK. AND NOW YOU KNOW THAT TOO DUE TO LINKAGE DNA FROM Karrakatta TO CG. I DID NOT KNOW ANY LINKAGE AS PER THE HIGHLIGHTED ABOVE UNTIL I SAW IT ON TV ON THE WEEKEND. NOW I KNOW WHY I WAS TOLD BY A CERTAIN SOMEONE THAT ALL CURRENT POI`S ARE NOT LINKED AT ALL TO THE KATTAKATTA and CG ATTACKS. BECAUSE THEY`D HAVE THE CSK BY NOW IF IT WAS CURRENT POI`S EH? SURE; A BLOKE SURELY TOOK 2 FROM HIGHGATE & ONE ENDED UP IN A PICNIC AREA MUNDARING way DEAD, AND ONE GOT AWAY & TESTIFIED AGAINST HIM BY USING HER FEET, AND HIS FEMALE FRIEND MET HER DEMISE DUE TO NOT PAYING HER DUES. ELASTIC I STAY ALIVE BECAUSE I DON`T SAY ANY MORE THAN WHAT IS QUITE AVAILABLE TO THE SMARTER BLOGGERS ON HERE AND THAT DOES NOT INCLUDE YOU IT SEEMS...

Good pickup, I had another look through the original articles and couldnt find any reference to stab wounds on any CSK victim...
Don't worry, it's easy to do. This is why I insist people provide sources to their information. When I first started looking at this case there was an incredible amount of misinformation.

Nope. It's almost certain her throat was cut. She was too decomposed to see any throat cuts but there was a presence of insects in this regions. Experts say it is consistent with throat cuts and say it's almost certain she had her throat cut.

Now we hear little of Judoman, could he be Mystery Man
Judoman is definitely not Mystery Man.

ALL THE FOCUS NOW IS ON THE HIGH GATE SUSPECT
Not true. Sunday Night released a rehashed program that was more focused on police incompetence.

No one has been able to definitively ruled Morey out ever, not in any news article, its almost like their is a gag order over announcing whether he is involved with the CSK.
Also not true. Police ruled him out. And a whole bunch of posters on BF also ruled him out. I also wouldn't be too keen to claim there is no article. I vaguely recall I read one a couple of years back so it could exist. I'm not going to bother looking any more either because although right now I can't rule him out, he's way down my list. If more compelling evidence comes I will move him up my list appropriately.

AND ELASTIC; I KNOW THAT ALL 3 CLAREMONT VICTIMS WERE TAKEN BY THE SAME BLOKE. SO MAYBE ELASTIC TRY TO WORK IT OUT THAT KARRAKATTA CASE IS LINKED TO CG & HENCE THE OTHER 2 CLAREMONT GIRLS. SO SPORT DON`T TELL ME TO TAKE MY TAIL AWAY BETWEEN MY LEGS WHEN I KNOW A STACK MORE THAN YOU. I SIMPLY DON`T TELL YOU THAT. Billy wizz & Barthomeleus know where I stand on all this. Don`t bother to ask them.

I also think you guys should relax. The thread is as good as it's ever been.

Don't worry, it's easy to do. This is why I insist people provide sources to their information. When I first started looking at this case there was an incredible amount of misinformation.

Nope. It's almost certain her throat was cut. She was too decomposed to see any throat cuts but there was a presence of insects in this regions. Experts say it is consistent with throat cuts and say it's almost certain she had her throat cut.

Judoman is definitely not Mystery Man.

Not true. Sunday Night released a rehashed program that was more focused on police incompetence.

Also not true. Police ruled him out. And a whole bunch of posters on BF also ruled him out. I also wouldn't be too keen to claim there is no article. I vaguely recall I read one a couple of years back so it could exist. I'm not going to bother looking any more either because although right now I can't rule him out, he's way down my list. If more compelling evidence comes I will move him up my list appropriately.

I have read the BF thread all the way through, they did NOT rule him out, it was very unconvincing hence why I am posting here now because the 'highgate suspect' is now hot on the radar..

There is most definitely no article ruling him out, this I know for a fact, I have searched the internet far and wide for a single piece of reputable evidence since 2007 and I know its never been established that he was anywhere other than living in Perth from 1995-recent. Infact that is the single reason I am here, looking for that one piece of evidence to rule him out so I can focus on Judoman.. Judoman has become a dead end, seems like an egotistical maniac hellbent on attention, more so than the CSK, but Judoman is stil my next bet.

All official POI's are ruled out.

Judoman and Highgate suspect are UNOFFICIAL POI's and have NOT been ruled out.

Morey has SAS training (according to people who know him), would be a master of blitz attack, would be very good at hiding, uses rope to subdue and bound his victims.. and killed a potential CSK victim (As noted by Debbie Marshall in her interview regarding her book- and Debbie knew at the time Morey was the main suspect)

The Police went the WRONG direction with the case... Now every review is saying the Police have done a good job, since Schramm, and the timing lines up with the Morey arrests and the relaxed attitude the Police have taken and now with them ruling all the old suspects out as they focused entirely on TWO new suspects.... Each subsequent review has said that the Police have done everything they should of... Now there are reports the original investigation was bundled, but it is now back on track according to the reviews, but now that the investigation is miraculously back on track and they can definitively rule out all former POI which they stupidly had their attention on whilst the cemetery rapist escalated the attacks..

Again I want that single piece of evidence that rules Morey out, I am desperate for it, and would welcome it with open arms. Please provide it, thats all i am after, I dont want a 'West Australians expert opinion'because its worth as much as sand, every moron with an opinion on the psyche of the CSK just wants the attention of trying to potray him as some sophistacated expert killer that must live in the higher political echelons of society to be this effective, looked at like a demi-god killer, worshiped by all and sundry... But logically he was lucky, they never focused on the rape, and he didn't leave any evidence when killing his other victims, and because they went after a TAXI they never went near his car/Van, the one thing that would have solved the whole case.. all because of Police incompetence, when they had an FBI agent tell them where to look. But here is the West we are smarter than any god damn FBI agent of course, talk keystone cops!

Police never caught the Murdoch rapists untill he had another go recently. Didn't he do 3 rapes around leeming and murdoch, just shows how incompetent police work and rape cases were in those days

Also a good reason why you wouldnt bother to charge Morey if you have him for attempted murder and abduction:

He was servicing 13 years

In WA your sentences run concurrently. If they did realise he was their man and they could link Morey to atleast one case, say the Karrakatta rape he would do probably 6 years for that rape, possibly more, but our experience in the courts suggests about 6 years (Morey's 13 years is more than MOST murders) So he would serve time for the Abduction and rape concurrently and would be due out still in 13 years.... Now if you link the Karrakatta rape to one of the CSK victims all of a sudden you have a homicide link, which can give you 'life' in WA, at the mercy of the attorney general. So you wait 11 years, gather as much forensic evidence and then charge him for another crime linked directly to the CSK and bang, you now have him serving life, or atleast 6 more years for the Karakatta rape, but with a history of violence now he could be sentenced for up to 10 years as he has a criminal past now that is linked to an abduction. Then you can spend another 6-10 years linking Morey with the other CSK victims and work towards another life sentence. Why would you ever in WA convict a possible serial killer at the beggining of his sentence so he effectively serves no time for the sentence?

Morey was able to sit in a Coronial Inquest and lie directly to the Coroner without making any contradictory remarks, he managed to hold his story together perfectly despite obviously being the killer, you do NOT get much more cool and calculated than that. To manage to keep a straight story without slipping up about a disappearance to the Coroner shows this guy is definitely someone who can manipulate and deflect away from his true crimes without accidentally saying something stupid when the stakes are at their highest.

He also stated in the same inquest that 'everyone thinks he is a serial killer' why would you say that? are the police constantly questioning him about being a 'serial killer' so much so it just rolls off of his tongue, a serial killer is 3 kills in seperate occasions, so who are the three kills that they suspect he committed.

Wasnt their a report that they were investigating up to 18 missing persons cases looking for links, 18, well if Morey did the CSK crimes, and the subsequent Highgate crimes, and also possibly the Sarah McMahon opportunist kill (When she was off buying meth apparently with Morey [rumour] so no one knew her whereabouts) then we have atleast 7-8 of the 18 they are looking into

Surely Morey can be ruled in as a possibility or completely ruled out at this point? I'm wondering why there hasn't been a statement and/or media coverage around this. The cemetery victim described the attacker as having a medium to solid build *and collar-length brown hair*. Which of course the attacker probably cut once the description hit the papers, if not sooner.
Not sure if this has been posted before but here is the State Coroner's investigation the suspected death of Sarah Anne McMahon- lots of background on Morey in this: http://www.coronerscourt.wa.gov.au/_files/Mcmahon_finding.pdf

Quote from Elastic;
Wasnt their a report that they were investigating up to 18 missing persons cases looking for links, 18, well if Morey did the CSK crimes, and the subsequent Highgate crimes, and also possibly the Sarah McMahon opportunist kill (When she was off buying meth apparently with Morey [rumour] so no one knew her whereabouts) then we have atleast 7-8 of the 18 they are looking into End Quote.

Elastic get your facts right. SMM went to see a suicidal friend in Bayswater. This was a ruse from him to get her to come over. She owed Mr M money for dues owed... She did not go with him to get meth, totally laughable that. I phoned SMM folks to chat to Sarah re irrigation pipe I wanted to buy on the same evening she disappeared. She was about to leave Hugal & Hoile Claremont & travel to Scotland for a scholarship. She was Mundaring citizen of the year 2 years running. How she got involved with a Bikie has got me. Her car was found a km from my place & for some time the plod thought it was me. That was till he poked up. Mr M might have popped off 2 women & tried a third. But it is quite obvious as from last weekend he wasn`t taking women from Claremont.

A former mate went to the inquest. He knew what SMM was into. He could have helped her but didn`t. I believe he knew totally what was going on & was making $$ at the same time.

I do not want to get into correcting incorrect information because why I joined this site was to supply newspaper articles but couldn't help notice something that needs to be corrected. Sarah McMahon's sister Kate was in fact Citizen of the Year for 2 years (97/98 & 99/2000)it's on her linkedin page. The coroner's report clearly indicates that Sarah got into the wrong crowd through her (older) sister Amanda and she met Mr Morey through her sister sometime in 1998. Parkie was your mate the one who appeared at the coroner's hearing whose name begins with 'H' who is male? If people want to find information regarding Mr Morey try looking at the Western Australian Supreme Court online facility link supplied below and what you will read will clearly show there is no way in hades that Mr Morey every trained as an SAS soldier. What you will find is he is a career criminal (to say the least) having been convicted in Western Australia with armed robbery (of banks) and attempted murder of a street worker and was convicted on DNA evidence - a small droplet of his blood in the victim's hair. This attempted murder event occurred in Maguire Road Helena Valley which is no where near Mundaring Weir. It is possible he is due for release in 2015. The information contained within the coroner's report regarding the initial timing of the meeting between Sarah McMahon and Mr Morey shows that he would have more than likely been released at the time that the other street worker disappeared in November 1998 which from memory is very close to the same date that Sarah McMahon disappeared 2 years later. I do doubt whether Mr Morey would have been released earlier than 1998 after his conviction and imprisonment for the 2 armed holdups which you will read about in the link below. The judge in fact had threatened that he was considering whether to declare Mr Morey an habitual criminal which I believe means no parole. The length of sentencing imposed (for the armed holdups) shows he would have been incarcerated at the time of the Claremont murders and abduction and rapes and attempted rapes. Also regarding Mr Morey 'impotence' he has a medical condition regarding heart issues (I am surprised they found one; heart that is) and the side effects of certain medications can cause this. Also he has been imprisoned for lengthy sentences and don't they 'feed' prisoners sexual suppressants?

http://decisions.justice.wa.gov.au/supreme/supdcsn.nsf/xpViewAll.xsp?SearchFuzzy=FALSE&SearchVW=FALSE&searchValue=donald%20victor%20morey.

A quick search of the austlii database (a legal caselaw database) has shown the (unsuccessful) appeal for the attempted murder conviction in Western Australia. His mother in law's surname is mentioned "Matusevich" and so is his girlfriend who he was living with at the time of Sarah McMahon's disappearance so she stuck around for quite some time and according to her evidence at the coroner's hearing had control of Mr Morey's 'kit bag' for a time. A google search of Donald Victor Matusevich has shown some surprises. Do your own google search. I have also noted that his successful 1977 High Court appeal where his 1st murder charge was quashed, is now one of the main citations restricting the use of prior convictions. This guy is a little more than just a career criminal however as I previously posted, he was incarcerated at the time of the Claremont murders/abduction but when he is not incarcerated quite a few street workers/call girls and including Sarah McMahon (not meaning to appear to put her in the same category) seem to disappear never to be found; although one such girl Darrylyn Ugle was located on a burnt log at Farrell Grove in Mundaring Weir and I've read somewhere (trying to find that information currently) where there was rope involved and he is the main suspect for that murder due to DNA or was it other forensic evidence? Can anyone help with this?

It is my firm opinion his name is out of the picture for Claremont events. All of his (alleged) victims with the exception of Sarah McMahon have been street workers. With the Sarah McMahon case it is strongly alleged that she broke 'the code' and mentioned his name during a telephone conversation and it appears that may have sealed her fate.

This afternoon I will post some information that I don't think many people are aware of regarding the Claremont events.

http://www.austlii.edu.au/cgi-bin/s...m=0&synonyms=0&query=donald victor matusevich

View attachment CG video.pdf

Interesting thing to me about this article is the 1st and last paragraph.

1st : A long-haired man captured on a secret video the night Ciara Glennon (my bold) disappeared could hold the key to the disappearance of the three Claremont women.

last: Police have two black and white videos - one made when Miss Rimmer vanished on the morning of June 9 and the other when Ciara Glennon disappeared.

It appears to me that there is another video that West Australian police are sitting on.

The long-haired man; this could well be referring to the 1995 rapist who was described as having collar length hair.

The West Australian 22 March 1997.

Reported that on ABC Radio a man named Steve had reported see the attachment.

Description of this man is very interesting because in another article a woman had come forward and stated that on the night prior to Ciara Glennon's disappearance she had been approached be a blonde man with a bobbed hairstyle who had told her his father was a policeman; the man had offered her a lift.

In another article a woman who had been interviewed by the police and shown the Jane Rimmer mystery man video at the time in 1996 had described the man on the video as having 'blonde' hair.

Another woman blogged in an online blog which has now been removed, that she was at Club Bay View the night that Sarah Spiers disappeared. She and Sarah had exited at the same time. A man with a bobbed hairstyle had offered her a lift and she declined and turned right outside the club. Sarah turned left and walked to her fate.

I'll put attachments up with regard to the last 2 paragraphs later when I find the original articles. I am referring to notes at present.

Here we have very similar descriptions of a man offering lifts. The taxi driver Steve's description of a handsome well dressed man with blonde hair who forced the women he believed to be Sarah Spiers out of his car.View attachment 83124

Great find. I don't see any point in the police not releasing this video. I wonder if it's got a face shot? I wonder if it's MM?

Another woman blogged in an online blog which has now been removed, that she was at Club Bay View the night that Sarah Spiers disappeared. She and Sarah had exited at the same time. A man with a bobbed hairstyle had offered her a lift and she declined and turned right outside the club. Sarah turned left and walked to her fate.

View attachment 83124

If this is the case then the reenactment of SS leaving Club Bay View on CIA doco is totally incorrect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
butiwantedthatname