Closing arguments- thread #173

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly...we are not gonna be able to tune it out just cause it's defense. Won't wanna miss Jodi and her acting puppy dog eyes, listening like a "good little schoolgirl." Turned halfways towards the jury..."carry my gas cans for me please pretty please." Then I'll steal your car, slit your throat and leave you out in the desert to die, but thanks for letting me use you.

I don't know how much more deviant sex I can take :banghead:.
I'm sure we'll hear a lot of it tomorrow, especially if Nurmi is talking :stormingmad:.

I will say that I was definitely surprised at just how all out blatantly Juan was allowed to call ALV a liar.. I mean there was no alluding to, or implying that LaViolette's testimony was questionable .. nope, it was just very blatant stating as fact that LaViolette, just as Jodi, both were not just LIARS, but that BOTH had looked each and every one of those jurors in their face and LIED!

I was laughing my *advertiser censored* off when he said that ALV had left the fact off that she was a LIAR on her CV!!... bwaaaahahahaha!...that was adding hilarious and I know that Alyce was without doubt watching this closing argument LIVE and was hearing those very, very, very damning words spoken by this extremely reputable Prosecutor...and IMO she damn well knows those damning words are literally marking the end of the road for her as not just an expert witness, but as in any role whatsoever in her profession IS OVER!

JMO but that is exactly what you get when making a choice to lie and act in such an unethical manner...it is merely the consequence of her direct action in choosing to blatantly lie, deceive, and cohort with a cold blooded, remorseless murderer!

I cannot wait til after the trial is over and hopefully we learn what all has transpired wrt ALV and IMO her being exposed as being dishonest and deceitful for this defense.

I'm carrying my (non-scientific) poll over from the last thread... no double votes (still)

Who plans on watching the defense closing?

Like this post if you ARE going to watch.

I will post another comment, like that post if you ARE NOT going to watch.

Only like one. I will send a local hoard of skateboarders with screwdrivers after you if you like both posts!

The Following 19 Users are brave/crazy enough to watch:
basilcat, gauntlet, GrannyA., katydid23, Kentucky Gal, kssgdby, Lilibet, ljs713, Lorelilly, Lucylu7, Lupie43, mahmoo, minor4th, my2sense, Myvice, rose222, Rosemary Pierce, SunnyinMO, Veritas_Vita

Well, Lotus, I want to watch tomorrow but my husband just called & we have to meet a contractor @ 1p.

It's not so much that I want to hear Nurmi, but I want to hear all of the closing arguments.

Hubby probably won't like it, but it will be a short meeting. :smile:

Don't want to miss JM "round 2" either.

Yup. I've always believe the gun was her first weapon of choice, then failed, then it became a massacre.

JA's only regret is the brutality and the finger prints. I truly believe she never thinks I wish I never killed Travis, she only thinks, should have just shot him and made sure no print.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

The Judge did NOT remind the jurors about the Admonition before they left today. Is that a big problem?Those 2 pesky DT's might.

I guess I hallucinated it, I thought she did right after she said because we were here late last night...

Might be the headache that set in when Juan was done
I think I forgot to breathe the last 30 min.. :dunno:

Watching again and noticing all the allusions, similes & metaphors JM used:

- Rainbow/over the rainbow imagery
- EBB quote "How do I love thee? Let me count the lies."
- Marriage allusion: "She said it, she's wedded to it."
- Wildebeest herd reference
- Smell of gasoline on your hands/MacBeth allusion

I'm sure there were more. I'm even more sure that the man is a genius. And a :hero:

I hope this doesn't get me in trouble, but my perception of JW has changed over the course of the trial. At first I sort of liked her--she seemed friendly and warm and charming (to me, i know ymmv). But as the case went on my impression of her changed. Now I find it very difficult to watch her.

I also liked when JM highlighted the part about "intent OR knowledge". Jodi knew, the moment she was going to slash his throat that she would kill Travis Alexander.

Man, if we don't get guilty of murder in the first degree, then really there's nothing else Juan Martinez or anyone else could have done. There'd have to be a really weird person on that jury.

And imo I would hope that person could explain themselves to the entire world!

It became clear to me during Juan's closing how Jodi thinks. A light bulb moment for me on what happened during that photo shoot. Jodi did it to to humiliate him while he was alive. Jodi relished in the power of it, one last F you to him before she slaughtered him. Diabolical. Like an 'I'll show you who has the power in this relationship' She said herself in the interview with the police Travis would never allow his picture taken in the shower. Now it all makes sense.

I absolutely, will NOT, Under ANY circumstances, be watching the DT's closing tomorrow. I want to go in to the deliberations with JM's warm fuzzies he has supplied me with. :)

I don't know how much more deviant sex I can take :banghead:.
I'm sure we'll hear a lot of it tomorrow, especially if Nurmi is talking :stormingmad:.

I know that I can not watch HLN... the bleeping out of Nurmi's foul mouth will give me seizures!!!

I'm trying to think of some of Juan's memorables. Help me out please

The gopher, tiger and bear
The jury carrying Jodi's gas cans
He wasn't going to chase her outside naked.

I believe it's the Prosecution's theory that she took off the plates when she parked near his house, and then, in a hurry to put the rear back on after the murder, she put it on upside down.

I think she did it somewhere in the dark.

The Judge did NOT remind the jurors about the Admonition before they left today. Is that a big problem?Those 2 pesky DT's might.

I thought she did? even so.. a reminder or lack of one does not remove the admonition they were read to begin with (I am not worried):twocents:

I missed the part about the CDs but read so many comments about how that really sealed premeditation for many of you. Can someone catch me up to speed and explain the relevance? Thanking you! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GreyFishOmen